PDA

View Full Version : dolphins add mularkey and capers

tony hipchest
01-23-2006, 01:46 PM
steelers south. i think this is a good move for them and they will definitely have a capable coaching staff ready to challenge the patriots for the division. jets and bills will have to sit back and watch once again.

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Maybe it's because they cannot pay over the cap for players, but it seems that the latest craze for owners is to assemble high powered coaching staffs that presumably do not come cheap.

Having two former HCs such as Mularkey & Capers to go with Nick Saban is impressive.

As for Washington, which paid a mint to keep Williams as D-coordinator and has Joe Gibbs agreeing to turn over play calling to Al Saunders, Snyder is making the other owners furious by blowing off the roof on assistant coaches salaries.

Leaving aside the fact those are a lot of coaching egos to keep in check, if those teams do not find QBs it won't matter. Cowher magically has become a much better coach in the playoffs this time. Think it has anything to do with having Ben as opposed to O'Donnell, Tomczak, Kordell, or Tommy Gun under center?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2006, 10:12 PM
mularkey and capers are 2 genious' who just arent cut out for head coaching but can be great in the roles they have now w/ the phins.

TasmanianTroy271
01-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Plus the Phins are an Up and Coming team. I could almost bet that they'll go to the Playoffs next year...

Koopa
01-23-2006, 10:29 PM
i think they are gonna win that division..............hopefully they do

Ambridge
01-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Good moves for Miami.

Maybe the Dolphins will put some pressure on the Pats for the AFC East Title in the next few seasons??

Like tony pointed out the Jets and the Bills don't look to turn things around anytime soon.