PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 09 vs. 08

steelerchad
11-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Wanted to take a look at how our team stacks up vs. last years team. No hard numbers here, just perception and opinion. I'm going to use the high school grading system for this drill.

O-Line...........C-.......... B+..... much improved. Both run and pass blocking
QB................. B-............A.......much better rating this year. Pump fake is working
RB's...............C.............B.......Mendy's got us clicking now. see O-Line grade also
receivers.......B.............A.......Wallace is a huge upgrade at #3. 70%+ comp.
D-Line............A.............B......No Smith hurts, but not nearly as bad as 07.
LBers.............A+...........B......Not quite as much pressure this year.
DB's...............A..............A-.....Bending but not breaking. A+ with Troy back now.
Kicker.............A.............B-....Skippy's still steady. Cost us the Bears game.
Punter............D-...........B......See Denver game. Berger sucks, Sep good.
special t.........B.............C-....I finally thought we had our coverage issues fixed.Nope.

I think our team has fixed alot of it's issues from last year, however a few concerns have popped up. These are all fixable and probably will be by playoff time. I think we have another deep run through the post season scheduled, barring significant injury.

AllD
11-13-2009, 02:38 PM
The other diffewrence is the schedule and I mean although it is technically supposed to be easier, the weaker teams are getting up for the games against the Steelers whereas in the early season games the Steelers had a hard time getting up for teams like the Lions. In 2008, every game was important and the Steelers showed up for most of them.

arge5809
11-13-2009, 02:44 PM
The other diffewrence is the schedule and I mean although it is technically supposed to be easier, the weaker teams are getting up for the games against the Steelers whereas in the early season games the Steelers had a hard time getting up for teams like the Lions. In 2008, every game was important and the Steelers showed up for most of them.

and don't forget that the Steelers tend to play down to the easy games....

:tt: :tt02: :tt03: :tt04:

Youngstown Steeler
11-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I think that's a pretty good assessment. I might rate this year's DB's a little lower just because I think our CB's played better last year.

SteelGhost
11-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Wanted to take a look at how our team stacks up vs. last years team. No hard numbers here, just perception and opinion. I'm going to use the high school grading system for this drill.

O-Line...........C-.......... B+..... much improved. Both run and pass blocking
QB................. B-............A.......much better rating this year. Pump fake is working
RB's...............C.............B.......Mendy's got us clicking now. see O-Line grade also
receivers.......B.............A.......Wallace is a huge upgrade at #3. 70%+ comp.
D-Line............A.............B......No Smith hurts, but not nearly as bad as 07.
LBers.............A+...........B......Not quite as much pressure this year.
DB's...............A..............A-.....Bending but not breaking. A+ with Troy back now.
Kicker.............A.............B-....Skippy's still steady. Cost us the Bears game.
Punter............D-...........B......See Denver game. Berger sucks, Sep good.
special t.........B.............C-....I finally thought we had our coverage issues fixed.Nope.

I think our team has fixed alot of it's issues from last year, however a few concerns have popped up. These are all fixable and probably will be by playoff time. I think we have another deep run through the post season scheduled, barring significant injury.

Not bashing Skippy, I Iike the guy and I thank him for his FG's at Heinz field, but he has to improve the length and height of his kick-offs, for the other 10 ST men to improve the coverage, by doing that maybe the ST will move to a B+ ... my .02