PDA

View Full Version : Mark Schlereth: Dwight Freeney is the most feared defensive player in the NFL

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
"There is no one more feared and more game-planned for than Dwight Freeney".

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Freeney may be a beast and all, but he drops off when defending against the run. He plays his best when he "knows" the QB has to throw on 3rd down.

IMO, it has to be Troy.

Troy plays all over the field, defends the pass exceptionally well, plays the run like no other, will go up against 6'5", 220 lb receivers AND 6'7" 340 offensive lineman. The boy plays like he's insane and out of his mind. Freeney will pretty much be lined up either on the right or left side of the defensive formation on the line. Troy will line up ANYWHERE.

Troy is a game changer. Freeney is not.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Psyychoward86
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
they're both incredible game changers, what are you talking about? No need to downgrade an opposing player while praising only the home crop. I really dont think Dwight is anywhere close to being the most feared defensive player in the league due to the fact that year after year he seems kind of underrated.

Troy's definitely a top candidate though

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
they're both incredible game changers, what are you talking about? No need to downgrade an opposing player while praising only the home crop. I really dont think Dwight is anywhere close to being the most feared defensive player in the league due to the fact that year after year he seems kind of underrated.

Troy's definitely a top candidate though

Freeney is good in his own right, but I wouldn't necessarily call him a game changer. But he is good.

He's easier to account for IMO than Troy.

jjpro11
11-13-2009, 04:50 PM
is he talking most feared badass-wise? or most-feared talent-wise? i think Harrison is the most feared badass-wise and Troy for talent-wise. call me a homer, but i don't know any other defenders in the league that fit those titles better than Harrison and Polamalu do.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2009, 05:01 PM
when you are designing your Offensive Scheme to face the Colts you focus on Freeney First. You adjust your blocking and plays around containing, exploiting or avoiding him.

When you face the Steelers, you basically Pray to God that something you try works, you throw a ton of shiiit up against the wall and hope on your hands and knees that something works. You also hope and pray that your defense keeps us from getting 28 points because you know deep in your soul you aren't scoring more than 28.

That's why he's the most "feared" man, and we have the most Feared Defense.

TheWarDen86
11-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Consider the source. He's always making bold statements off the cuff like this.

tony hipchest
11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
of those 27 surgeries he's had, i wonder how many were lobotomies.

AllD
11-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Harrison or Clark depending on where you are at on the field.

Nadroj 20
11-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Harrison, Polamalu, and Clark....All 3 will knock you out....you cant tell me players on other teams do not fear them at least a little.

MasterOfPuppets
11-13-2009, 06:08 PM
i'd take jared allen over freeney... :noidea:

jjpro11
11-13-2009, 06:11 PM
when you are designing your Offensive Scheme to face the Colts you focus on Freeney First. You adjust your blocking and plays around containing, exploiting or avoiding him.

When you face the Steelers, you basically Pray to God that something you try works, you throw a ton of shiiit up against the wall and hope on your hands and knees that something works. You also hope and pray that your defense keeps us from getting 28 points because you know deep in your soul you aren't scoring more than 28.

That's why he's the most "feared" man, and we have the most Feared Defense.

Troy can line up anywhere on the field at any given time.. you know full well where Freeney is going to be each time you line up and you know what he is going to throw at you. he is obviously a hell of a player, but Troy is a once in a decade type player.. there just aren't many players that can redefine the way a position is played.

Christian Snyder
11-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I think Polamlau is the most feared defender in the NFL. He plays harder than any other player in football. IMO.:tt04:

steelreserve
11-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't think Troy is more game-planned for than Freeney. But that's only because you CAN game-plan for Freeney.

With Troy, it's more like he's going to make a number of unbelievable plays no matter what you do, so you just have to accept it and hope you're good enough to win in spite of it. He's one of the only guys that can literally show up anywhere on the field on any play, and ruin it.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Freeney is one helluva player, but all he can do is rush the passer. He isn't very good against the run.

Polamalu can rush the passer, stuff the run, and make great plays in pass coverage.

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Freeney is one helluva player, but all he can do is rush the passer. He isn't very good against the run.

Polamalu can rush the passer, stuff the run, and make great plays in pass coverage.

And make great commercials all in the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applaudit: :hatsoff: :tt04: :tt02: :tt03: :tt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFVnFoNnt4&feature=pyv&ad=3690502411&kw=troy%20polamalu%20commercial&gclid=CKGos_G3iZ4CFYlM2godoionog

xfl2001fan
11-13-2009, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't even call Freeney the most feared Colts defender...let alone Defensive player in the league. Bob Sanders does far more for their defense (IMO) than Dwight (I only have a speed rush and a spin move) Freeney. For that matter...I'm not even sure that Freeney is the most feared Colts DE...with Mathis on the other side of the field from him. :iono:

I'd take Shaun Rogers over any three of those guys anyways...too bad he's lined up with 6 other chumps in that front 7. Cleveland goes to a 4-3...we might actually pose as a decent defense.

sharkweek
11-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Someone on one of the ESPN shows this morning was talking about the Colts vs. Pats game and was saying how the Colts were missing too many defensive starters, including "Sanders, their 'Polamalu'"

Mark Schlereth is full of schlit. I'm pretty sure he's just saying crap like that to hype up the game as opposed to being serious.

Granted, I like what others have said though - you Troy is too good that he can't be game planned for :tt02:

steel striker
11-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Freeney is a good pass rusher but, that is where it ends for him. Don't get me wrong he is a very good player but, not the most feared. Harrison is more feared then Freeney because, James can play against the run and pass.