PDA

View Full Version : Who I like

mesaSteeler
11-13-2009, 05:53 PM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Who I like

Really, this is one of the easier picks I've made this season. The Bengals are a legitimate playoff contender, but they aren't coming into Heinz Field and winning. It's just not going to happen.

And if you think back to the first meeting, the Steelers dominated it for about 3 1/2 quarters. Even with Cincinnati's two late TD drives, the Steelers still outgained the Bengals by 100 yards.

An interception return for a touchdown caused by Santonio Holmes and botched snap on a PAT made a big difference.

How did the botched PAT make a difference. Had the Bengals made the PAT after the interception return in the third quarter, they'd have been behind 20-17 and facing fourth-and-11 with under a minute remaining. Marvin Lewis would have kicked the tying field goal instead of going for the first down.

And who knows what happens after that.

Add in Limas Sweed's dropped touchdown pass and a Jeff Reed missed field goal and you just had the perfect storm for the Bengals.

Won't happen again this time.

Take Pittsburgh, 27-13

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Yea, that win was a fluke for sure.

HometownGal
11-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Yea, that win was a fluke for sure.

Tell that to a bandwagon Bungles fan. In their pointed wittle heads, they feel that the Bungles wiped the field with the Steelers. :jerkit:

Said it before and I'll say it again. The Steelers GAVE that game to the Bungles on a silver platter in the 4Q - that WON'T happen this time around. :tt03:

Texasteel
11-14-2009, 07:37 AM
Tell that to a bandwagon Bungles fan. In their pointed wittle heads, they feel that the Bungles wiped the field with the Steelers. :jerkit:

Said it before and I'll say it again. The Steelers GAVE that game to the Bungles on a silver platter in the 4Q - that WON'T happen this time around. :tt03:

You are point on with that statement. The Bundles looked absolutely ridiculous for all but the last few minutes. They can say all they want about them being a playoff team, but I see them as an overrated team lead by a gutless QB. (But not as gutless as Tom Brady.):chuckle:

markymarc
11-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Dale is absolutely correct in his blog! The Bungles aren't going to know what hit them tomorrow at 1:00.