PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Timmons practices, will play Sunday

mesaSteeler
11-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Steelers' Timmons practices, will play Sunday
Friday, November 13, 2009
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09317/1013252-100.stm

Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons is expected to return to the lineup Sunday from a sprained right ankle that forced him out of the game Oct. 25 against Minnesota.

Steelers starting inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons practiced again today and pronounced himself ready to return to play against Cincinnati Sunday after a right ankle sprain caused him to miss Monday's victory in Denver and most of the final quarter of the Oct. 25 Minnesota triumph.

"I'm all right," Timmons said after his third practice of the week. "The bye week helped and gave me some extra time to recover." Same with missing last Monday, too, he added.

Starting defensive end Travis Kirschke and his torn left calf muscle sat out practice today and apparently on Sunday will miss his second consecutive game.

Meanwhile, Cincinnati placed starting safety Roy Williams (forearm) on injured reserve -- Chinedum Ndukwe is expected to again start Sunday for the player who missed four of the past five Bengals games. Starting guard Evan Mathis (ankle) and starting linebacker Keith Rivers (calf) missed practice today and were listed as doubtful for the Steelers. Starting defensive tackle Tank Johnson (illness) also didn't practice, but he also missed last Friday before returning to play against Baltimore. Running back Jeremi Johnson (chest) and starting defensive end Frostee Rucker (neck) practiced but were listed as questionable.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09317/1013252-100.stm#ixzz0WmusdWHZ

Galax Steeler
11-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Good to see Timmons coming back this week but I have to say Fox did a great job of filling in for him while he was out.

AllD
11-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Cinci is really banged up. With them not being better than average in pass protection and having a weak bench translates to a big day for Wallace, Miller, and Bengal killer Ward. I expect them to blanket Holmes and Ward, but each should have a few catches. However, you can't double everybody which leaves Miller wide open and Wallace open deep if BB has the time to throw.

If Mendy can break a few more long runs like he did against the Broncos the game will be over by the third quarter. With #43 back I expect the bungles to stay buried until the clock runs out.

steelwalls
11-14-2009, 07:10 AM
I love the speed rush Timmons gives us, the blocker had best get off the line quick if it is an all out blitz by Tims.... We have proved we can get it done with a mixture of back ups and starters on D, no worries here.

Steelboy84
11-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Great great news!

devilsdancefloor
11-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Well i hope he isnt rushing back and has another setback! We will need him in dec and jan!:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Fire Haley
11-14-2009, 01:09 PM
So he has two gimpy ankles now, great - I'd almost rather have Fox start against Benson.

Psyychoward86
11-14-2009, 02:09 PM
awesome! And if he can only play for limited periods of time, that's cool too! Keyaron has done great during the 3 games that he has started in place of Timmons