PDA

View Full Version : Astronaut To Present Steelers With Terrible Towel

mesaSteeler
11-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Astronaut To Present Steelers With Terrible Towel
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

http://kdka.com/local/Michael.Fincke.Terrible.2.1310528.html

Col. Edward Michael Fincke poses for pictures at the John Glenn Research Center near Cleveland.

After spending six months on the International Space Station, a loyal Pittsburgh Steelers fan has come back down to earth.

NASA astronaut Mike Fincke, a native of Emsworth, now makes his home in Texas.

Last winter, just before the Steelers defeated the Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl, Col. Fincke gave the Terrible Towel an intergalactic wave inside the Space Station.

This Sunday, the Emsworth native will present that towel to the Steelers before they take on the Cincinnati Bengals over at Heinz Field.

"Dreams can come true," said Fincke. "When I was growing up, I really wanted the Steelers to win and I wanted to be an astronaut. Now, both are coming true."

Fincke's parents still live in Emsworth, and one of his eight siblings still works in town.

He says Sunday's game will be his first opportunity to watch the Steelers in person.

( MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

(I think it's great that Fincke is giving the towel to the Steelers and it's totally cool that he took it into orbit with him.

However, "intergalactic wave" ???? Oh please, give me a break. Intergalactic is between galaxies. it wasn't even interstellar or even interplanetary. The space station spends all of its time in near Earth orbit. What ever ignorant juvenile wrote this drivel knows nothing about the size of the universe. - mesa)

MasterOfPuppets
11-13-2009, 06:30 PM
wow...the first terrible towel in space ....:tt02:

markymarc
11-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I remember that video last year with him waving the terrible towel. Nice read and thanks for sharing it Mesa!

theplatypus
11-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Here's the video in question for those who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpyfE_FB2hY

Christian Snyder
11-14-2009, 06:50 PM
WOW, that's cool.:tt02::tt04: