PDA

View Full Version : How well do you think Gay and Timmons have done...

supa_fly_steeler
11-14-2009, 09:24 PM
...as first year full starters.

since it's 3:30am im gonna write what i think tommorow.

Briefly i think William Gay has done well and Timmons on coverage has been great but Fox still excells as a better run stopper.

SMR
11-14-2009, 10:08 PM

Briefly i think William Gay has done well and Timmons on coverage has been great but Fox still excells as a better run stopper.

Gay is really blossoming and shows has great talent! I agree with you also on Fox. He is standing out as opposed to Timmons. Timmons needs to step up more (not just do well in training camp)!

devilsdancefloor
11-14-2009, 10:37 PM
gay is coming into his own. He still has mental break downs, but that is expected. Timmons was flying around doing a hell of a job until he re-injured his ankle. I think on game he had 2 sacks and seemed to be everywhere. He is coming into his own as well, but fox has been great hats off to the Fo for signing yet another castoff who has done great for the steelers. :tt04::tt04:

steeltheone
11-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Gay is fine. Timmons is a playmaker. The injury hurt his progression.

Franco32Harris
11-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I think Gay has been playing well and the most important thing I have seen from him is his tackling which he has done an excellent job in my opinion. There have been plenty of times where he was 1 on 1 in space and has made a tackle for a short gain instead of missing it for a big play.

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2009, 02:14 AM
neither have really stood out this year, but i'd give them both B's....

Christian Snyder
11-15-2009, 07:25 AM
I haven't been that impressed with Gay or Timmons... But I will give them both a C+.

theplatypus
11-15-2009, 08:07 AM
I think you have to put Gay ahead of Timmons on any grade scale since Timmons has missed a significant amount of playing time.

solardave
11-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Gay is fine. Timmons is a playmaker. The injury hurt his progression.

early on Timmons missed some tackles but I think he's done well. Gay is becoming solid in all phases. Timmons is a very good pass rusher and as he grows will be a solid run stopper. I liked Larry Foote but I don't see any drop off.

SMR
11-15-2009, 08:24 AM
early on Timmons missed some tackles but I think he's done well. Gay is becoming solid in all phases. Timmons is a very good pass rusher and as he grows will be a solid run stopper. I liked Larry Foote but I don't see any drop off.

There ain't no drop off bud. We always reload!

:helmet:

Fire Haley
11-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Timmon's ankles should be displayed on a glass shelf in a china cabinet.

Other than that, he's doing OK.

Gay makes some sure tackles and doesn't get beat deep very often, he's doing his job.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2009, 08:51 AM

Understanding that they are both young I will grade them on a curve and say that they are going to be VERY good with time. Timmons seems to bite on options...and Gay is still skittish enough that he oftens gives too much cushion.

That being said I like the skill set on both. With experience they seem to be getting better and I like the potential.

markymarc
11-15-2009, 10:01 AM
While Gay does get criticized for playing so far off of WRs, he has not gotten beat deep this season. He is only going to get better with more game experience. I realize that Timmons struggled early in the season with stopping the run, but he has improved dramatically. It just sucks he injured his right ankle because he was really starting to show his explosiveness again from the left ankle injury. There is no doubt in my mind that Timmons is a defensive play maker and is only going to get better each week.