PDA

View Full Version : The best athlete in the NFL?

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Screw Vick. Troy Polamula is the best athlete and most explosive player in the NFL. Week after week he just amazes everyone, whether your a Steelers fan or not. His play on the goal line, he looked to be on the 10 yrd, line when the ball was caught, he he damn near caused a safety. Him fighting off O-linemen to make tackles. And leaping over people for tackles. Name a better athlete? There is none!

steveironcity
01-23-2006, 05:12 PM
If he can maintain his current level of play, he will go to Canton one day (wow that rhymes!)

tony hipchest
01-23-2006, 05:13 PM
lance armstrong? nah..... definitely polamalu. ive never seen anyone put edgerrin james over their knee and completely spank him. i remember when warren sapp needed 3 o-linemen to block him but a safety????????????

RoethlisBURGHer
01-23-2006, 05:15 PM
I agree 500%!

Troy Polamalu,hands down,the best athlete in the game today.

24seven
01-23-2006, 05:59 PM
hells yes.. Did you see him get hit by them 2 lineman then bust through to make the tackle in the open field to deny the 1st down???????????????????? OMG!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe he did that it was amazing.. By far and hands down he wins without a doubt..

ngreene15
01-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Polamalu is great athlete... But I sense some bias in this thread.

I think Michael Vick is the best athlete in the NFL... followed closely by Polamalu and Julius Peppers.

Brady12
01-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Peppers is a tank... But seriously, obviously the best athlete is Byron Leftwich. :smile:

tony hipchest
01-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Peppers is a tank... But seriously, obviously the best athlete is Byron Leftwich. :smile:atleast the patriots beat the "best athelete". thats gotta be worth atleast a ring.

Brady12
01-23-2006, 06:27 PM
atleast the patriots beat the "best athelete". thats gotta be worth atleast a ring.

lol I was gonna use tom Brady, but then I thought i'd get an ugly reaction... I'm starting to learn from you people.

lotas
01-23-2006, 06:32 PM
The only bias I have is not coming from being a Steelers fan but just lack of watching another team too much.

As far as Polamalu goes, each week when the announcers and writers talk about him, I'm always a little cautious and I find myself doubting if he's gonna have some spectacular game again.

Not anymore...this guy doesn't have "good games", he is just a solid athlete, and he knows what he's doing. That tackle when he was being blocked by those two guys and he got through them to make the tackle (someone else mentioned) that was AMAZING. 9/10 could not do that.

As far as comparing Vick to Polamalu, I think you really can't. They both get different chances to show you what they can do. Polamalu can't show you that he can escape a tackle and manuever (sp?) around the line, and Vick can't show you his speed on blitzes or his ability to make an open-field tackle.

Of course there are execptions and that might be a long shot, but just trying to make a point.

OX1947
01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Merriman in SD. That guy is a beast and one of the best athletes I have seen for a while. To be 6'5 280 pounds and absouluty ripped, WOW.

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Merriman in SD. That guy is a beast and one of the best athletes I have seen for a while. To be 6'5 280 pounds and absouluty ripped, WOW.

Who siad anything about being ripped? That makes you athletic? Hell Gardocki may be ripped, but he couldn`t carry Troy`s jock!

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Polamalu

LondonSteeler
01-23-2006, 07:10 PM
peppers, troy or urlacher for me

SteelCurtain
01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
i would definately have to go with troy, vick is over rated in every way and i find myself wandering if he is more like his brother than we know maybe he just hasn't gotten caught yet?

louisvillecards
01-23-2006, 08:59 PM
absolutly the best saftey in football hands down who ride we ride lets ride

buswreck
01-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Troy Polo??/ is great , I just hope his recklessness doesn't come back to bite us in the ass in the Super Bowl

hmmmmmmmm
01-23-2006, 11:33 PM
I think Peppers is. Look at his size, his quickness, his strength and his speed......hes a factor on almost every play.....hes just a damn freak of nature. Of course I expect yall to say Troy though lol

Koopa
01-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Troy Polo??/ is great , I just hope his recklessness doesn't come back to bite us in the ass in the Super Bowl

bitch stop saying we and us when referring to the steelers, i'm revoking your we/us card you stupid ****. you are the sorriest excuse of "fan" i've ever seen in my life. and tomorrow expect more neg reps you dirty little ho

augustashark
01-23-2006, 11:43 PM
I love Troy guys but come on, LT is the best athlete in the NFL! The guy has thrown caught and ran for tds and I've also seen him make tackles during int returns. IMO.

pitt
01-23-2006, 11:46 PM
People used to call Rod Woodson "Superman". I think it's time to pass his cape to Troy cause we have a new super hero in town.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Troy is the best safety in the league, bar none ! Best athelet as well? hhmm yeah I'd probably agree with that. The guy is just simply amazing !!

clevestinks
01-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Troy is the best safety in the league, bar none ! Best athelet as well? hhmm yeah I'd probably agree with that. The guy is just simply amazing !!
I know that there is no certain criteria for judging who is the best. But I`m SoooooooooooGlad that you agree!

How about this, Troy is the best athlete still playing this season! Bar None!

steelersgirl86
01-24-2006, 05:54 AM
I am just glad that we have him.......:rolleyes:

DIESELMAN
01-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Screw Vick. Troy Polamula is the best athlete and most explosive player in the NFL. Week after week he just amazes everyone, whether your a Steelers fan or not. His play on the goal line, he looked to be on the 10 yrd, line when the ball was caught, he he damn near caused a safety. Him fighting off O-linemen to make tackles. And leaping over people for tackles. Name a better athlete? There is none!

I'll second and third that!!!.......definitely a game changer at any given time....nobody can gameplan him.....hes everywhere....:helmet:

Ambridge
01-24-2006, 08:03 AM
I remember the speculation in the '03 draft when the Steelers moved up and traded picks with Kansas City in order to get Troy.

Turns out to be a great move.

Troy's right up there as far as best athlete in the NFL goes and I believe he is only starting to blossom as a player and we haven't seen his best football yet.
That's kinda scary.

hardwork
01-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Best athlete? Tom Brady without question. Smooth as silk. Can throw a strike even while some big dumb DL has ahold of his face mask.

SteelerFanInATL
01-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Without a doubt Troy but my opinion is biased.