PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys realize.....

ZornToLargent
01-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Do you guys realize that if my Seahawks and your Steelers play with the same intensity that both teams played with yesterday......that we are all in for one hell of a great Super Bowl? Damn, just thinking about it...both teams could end up bloodied and half dead by the end of the game.

That being said......sorry Bus.....but you are going to retire without a ring.

Seahawks will win the Super Bowl by 7!!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
01-23-2006, 06:21 PM
I have nothing but respect for the 'Hawks.

But I am sorry,you're wrong.As Bradshaw said,the Steelers WILL beat the either of the teams in the NFCCG,and it happens to be you guys that drew the short straw.

Hasselback is gonna go down like a sack of potatoes.

tony hipchest
01-23-2006, 06:24 PM
i expect the seahawks to play very hard, but i dont expect the steelers to take them lightly or come out too overconfident. this has caused them to miss superbowl appearances in the past. they are on a mission. after the bengals, colts, and broncos i think the steelers are ready to face the #1 (mvp) player in the league. you may have beaten the road warriors but now you face the ROADBLOCKS!

24seven
01-23-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure if even all 3 running back of those #1,2 and 3 seeds even had 100 yards combined. I can't imagine that we would all the sudden give up massive yards to Alexander regardless of his mvp status. We will tighten the curtain even more for that occasion. The Seahawks are a great team and I've always been a fan living in the greater Northwest as well as living in Seattle but I"m sorry.. The gulls are goin down this time as It's Luke Skywalker time baby!!!! IT IS OUR DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!

Chrome_CW
01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm not saying that Alexander will get his 100, but it generally comes in BUNCHES - you guys may stop him 3 plays in a row and then BAM he busts off a 20 yard run - Also, as stout of a defense as the Steelers have the Seahawks Offensive line is regarded by many as the best in the league. It definitely should be a great battle :)

As for Destiny - I understand where you guys are coming from, but if you'd watched all of the Hawks games this year, you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that Seattle isn't the team of destiny.

TasmanianTroy271
01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Here's my take on the game...

We've stopped Rudi Johnson, Mike Anderson, Edgerrin James, and LT this year. I think we'll be able to stop Shaun Alexander.

We've stopped Jake Plummer, Carson Palmer, and Peyton Manning. We WILL be able to stop Matt Hasselback.

tony hipchest
01-23-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm not saying that Alexander will get his 100, but it generally comes in BUNCHES - you guys may stop him 3 plays in a row and then BAM he busts off a 20 yard run - Als.

id like to introduce you to willie parker.

VegasStlrFan
01-23-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm not saying that Alexander will get his 100, but it generally comes in BUNCHES - you guys may stop him 3 plays in a row and then BAM he busts off a 20 yard run - Also, as stout of a defense as the Steelers have the Seahawks Offensive line is regarded by many as the best in the league. It definitely should be a great battle :)

As for Destiny - I understand where you guys are coming from, but if you'd watched all of the Hawks games this year, you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that Seattle isn't the team of destiny.

That's exactly the problem look at the competition. Their schedule was weak. No question their the class of the NFC, but that makes them the best of the worst. Review the Dallas game that Seattle won in the last minute. That's the only 3-4 defense Seattle faced, and they barely beat them. Seattle's line will have problems w/ the Steelers upfront and thats where games are won and lost.

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 07:12 PM
That's exactly the problem look at the competition. Their schedule was weak. No question their the class of the NFC, but that makes them the best of the worst. Review the Dallas game that Seattle won in the last minute. That's the only 3-4 defense Seattle faced, and they barely beat them. Seattle's line will have problems w/ the Steelers upfront and thats where games are won and lost.

We were a very different team since that Dallas game. Just like you guys are a different team now as compare to when you had a 3-game losing streak in which you turned around and beat 2 of those teams in the playoffs(Bengals,Colts). So please don't bring up Week 7 stuff.

ZornToLargent
01-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I dunno....ask the Redskins and the Panthers how good our O-line is. Hell...ask them how our defense is while your at it. Both of those teams tried to talk about strength of schedule and all that jazz.....and we beat them both. You'll find that we (as any great SB team does) have done nothing but intesify our level of play this post season. If you are banking on anything but an incredibly tough match up...you're mistaken.

The way we played yesterday....such a balanced attack.....I don't know if there is a team we can't beat...AFC or NFC. We looked like the best yesterday....and Super Bowl bound we are with lots to prove to the entire nation.

It will be one hell of a fight!!!

Ambridge
01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
I dunno....ask the Redskins and the Panthers how good our O-line is. Hell...ask them how our defense is while your at it. Both of those teams tried to talk about strength of schedule and all that jazz.....and we beat them both. You'll find that we (as any great SB team does) have done nothing but intesify our level of play this post season. If you are banking on anything but an incredibly tough match up...you're mistaken.

The way we played yesterday....such a balanced attack.....I don't know if there is a team we can't beat...AFC or NFC. We looked like the best yesterday....and Super Bowl bound we are with lots to prove to the entire nation.

Dude get real!!
I respect the Hawks but Carolina had to play one dimensional football yesterday with no running game at all.
With no DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings playing injured that left pretty easy pickings for the Seahawk defense.

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Here's my take on the game...

We've stopped Rudi Johnson, Mike Anderson, Edgerrin James, and LT this year. I think we'll be able to stop Shaun Alexander.

We've stopped Jake Plummer, Carson Palmer, and Peyton Manning. We WILL be able to stop Matt Hasselback.

Running Backs you claimed you stopped in all games you played against them this season.

Rudi Johnson
46 carries 219yds 4.8ypc 3TD
You didnt stop him

Mike Anderson
9 carries 36yds 4.0ypc 1TD
Denver playcalling stopped him, not you guys

Edgerrin James
42 carries 180yds 4.3ypc 1TD
Peyton's audible's to pass plays stopped him, not you guys

LT
18 carries 62 yds 3.4ypc 1TD
You freaking stuffed his ass, but he did have good receiving stats...

Quarterbacks you claimed you stopped in all games you played against them this season.

Jake Plummer
No stats needed, you guys physically and mentally harassed this man!

Carson Palmer
Had good stats in both regular season games, but you cant say you stopped him in the playoffs. But you did stop Kitna

Peyton
Another man you guys beat up on..Good job

All in all, its going to be a good game. Just dont say that shaun and matt will get stopped. We can win in the air or on the ground, so be ready for both. laters

SteelerDan43
01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
here we go again, just a new week with another team... can we get an over under on how long till this thread becomes the blast furnace?

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Dude get real!!
I respect the Hawks but Carolina had to play one dimensional football yesterday with no running game at all.
With no DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings playing injured that left pretty easy pickings for the Seahawk defense.
Dude get real!!
I respect the Steelers but Cincinatti had to play zero dimensional football with no passing game at all. With no Carson Palmer and Chris Henry playing injured that left pretty easy pickings for the Steelers defense.

Look man, this talk can go either way.....

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Do you guys realize that if my Seahawks and your Steelers play with the same intensity that both teams played with yesterday......that we are all in for one hell of a great Super Bowl? Damn, just thinking about it...both teams could end up bloodied and half dead by the end of the game.

That being said......sorry Bus.....but you are going to retire without a ring.

Seahawks will win the Super Bowl by 7!!!!
I`m surprised that a guy with your inteligence, can spell BUS!

Actually the Steelers will win by 7, as in #7, by 10. Ben will be kicking your @$$ back to thw left coast

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
here we go again, just a new week with another team... can we get an over under on how long till this thread becomes the blast furnace?
4 days. I'll put 50 on the under. nice sig steelerdan43. i root for all samoans in the league and Polamalu is one of the best. (im samoan as well)

ZornToLargent
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I`m surprised that a guy with your inteligence, can spell BUS!

Actually the Steelers will win by 7, as in #7, by 10. Ben will be kicking your @$$ back to thw left coast
Damn....I am not even done talking trash with the Carolina House Cats yet....give me a few days and I'll be ready to smack talk with you....just not yet. We have to pace ourselves as fans....we have 2 weeks to wait. :D

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 07:47 PM
I knew we would get no respect from seacrows fans. although they were kissing our @$$E$ for knocking off Indy. This BUS is clicking on cylinders. Have you ever seen a bird hit the windshield of a BUS, not pretty! Just Bird $hit!

VegasStlrFan
01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
The strength of schedule is weaker, but that's not why I'm saying Seattle will have problems with the Steelers D. They will be playing against defensive fronts that they are not familiar with seeing. Week 7 is a long time ago and I'm sure they have gotten better since then, however that is the only time they have faced a 3-4. Obviously the Oline is not a push over, look at Alexanders stats. I'm talking about blocking scenarios against a front 7 that will give them fits. If you don't think that is a big deal, it will be a long day.

The Panthers & Skins have nothing to do with this game any more than Broncos, Colts, or Bengals. The Hawks played well on Sunday as did the Steelers. The Steelers will not under estimate Seattle. It will be a good game

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Damn....I am not even done talking trash with the Carolina House Cats yet....give me a few days and I'll be ready to smack talk with you....just not yet. We have to pace ourselves as fans....we have 2 weeks to wait. :D
I wanted to wait until next week as well, then you threw the first blow, about Bettis retiring with no ring! You make it to one SB, now your Gods gift! Many have come in here the last six weeks and talk, talk , talk, then Sundays come and PPFFFFFFFFF! Gone! Next week the blast furnace!
This week, You guys played awesome, I`m more than happy to be going to the Superbowl, and playing anybody. Next week I suppose the smack will begin! See you then!

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 08:06 PM
The strength of schedule is weaker, but that's not why I'm saying Seattle will have problems with the Steelers D. They will be playing against defensive fronts that they are not familiar with seeing. Week 7 is a long time ago and I'm sure they have gotten better since then, however that is the only time they have faced a 3-4. Obviously the Oline is not a push over, look at Alexanders stats. I'm talking about blocking scenarios against a front 7 that will give them fits. If you don't think that is a big deal, it will be a long day.

The Panthers & Skins have nothing to do with this game any more than Broncos, Colts, or Bengals. The Hawks played well on Sunday as did the Steelers. The Steelers will not under estimate Seattle. It will be a good game
You aint lying about that. Its gonna be a hell of a good game. Your right that we havent played a solid 3-4 such as the steelers who also have THE best zone-blitzing team in the league. Im wondering what seattle will do to counter your various blitz schemes. Just one thing that i gotta throw in there, you guys havent played a team that has mastered the purest form of the West Coast Offense, a great offense against zone blitzing. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ambridge
01-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Dude get real!!
I respect the Steelers but Cincinatti had to play zero dimensional football with no passing game at all. With no Carson Palmer and Chris Henry playing injured that left pretty easy pickings for the Steelers defense.

Look man, this talk can go either way.....

If you remember correctly Jon Kitna played pretty damn good going into halftime and with a lead to boot.
Cincy just folded under the pressure.
I guess Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer just decided to take the day when they played the Steelers.

Back to the Hawks!!
You can even make the excuse that the Redskins were very limited on offense with an injured Clinton Portis with the Seahawks getting to chase a limited and also injured Mark Brunell.

I do agree that the talk can go either way.

louisvillecards
01-23-2006, 10:21 PM
who ride we ride lets ride

buswreck
01-23-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm worried,if Seattle can stop a superior receiver like Steve Smith, They will certainly shut down Heinz Ward and Ed L. Randle. What will we do then,maybe Heath?

louisvillecards
01-23-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm worried,if Seattle can stop a superior receiver like Steve Smith, They will certainly shut down Heinz Ward and Ed L. Randle. What will we do then,maybe Heath?
go away troll you dont fool no one go to the the space needle and jump after you go down in defeat :chair:

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
go away troll you dont fool no one go to the the space needle and jump after you go down in defeat :chair:

fu*kin trolls lol!!!!

Sharkissle29
01-23-2006, 10:53 PM

ask the colts and the broncos how good they thought they're o line...and even the bengals for that matter...this game will be no different

Stlrs4Life
01-23-2006, 10:55 PM
We stop Alexander, and this game is ours.

Sharkissle29
01-23-2006, 10:55 PM
name a WR other than steve smith on that team.....yes, without lookin it up. you might be able to stop one. but pick your poison, guard ward...we got el and wilson.....pick your poison wisely, but ur getting the dosage either way

Koopa
01-23-2006, 11:14 PM

damn you are the sorriest excuse of a fan. damn i've seen like four of your post and i already can't stand you, you are worse then the shitstain tolls. as soon as we win you gonna come around acting like you never had a doubt. well **** you go hang yourself or something cause you are really starting to get on my nerves

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-23-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm worried,if Seattle can stop a superior receiver like Steve Smith, They will certainly shut down Heinz Ward and Ed L. Randle. What will we do then,maybe Heath?:blah: :blah: :blah:
@$$WRECK they didn't stop Smith they stopped Delhomme. As to what we do then how bout Wilson, Parker, Truman, Haynes enough said. Go home your muther's calling :flipoff:
At least Trufant32 tries to make a logical argument although in the end it will be another convincing victory no matter much of a fight the gulls put up!!:tt: :tt:

ZornToLargent
01-23-2006, 11:56 PM
We stop Alexander, and this game is ours.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha....excuse me...I can't contain my laughter.

The Foreskins thought the same thing....look how well that turned out for them. Our offense is so balanced....we'll run the ball....we'll throw the ball....we'll do what ever the h3ll we want right down the field and into the endzone.

Sharkissle29
01-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha....excuse me...I can't contain my laughter.

The Foreskins thought the same thing....look how well that turned out for them. Our offense is so balanced....we'll run the ball....we'll throw the ball....we'll do what ever the h3ll we want right down the field and into the endzone.
i have a feeling you dont know how good we are. you're in for one RUDE awakening my friend :tt:

augustashark
01-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Congrats to you Hawks fans! You guys had a great year and are very worthy to be in XL. I wish you guys nothing but good luck. With that being said I think that your O is very basic but good. The mark of a good team is when you can win a game when everyone knows what your going to do i.e. run, run, run. Your passing game is good, but you have to agree that your running game is your bread and butter. I'm not saying that we will shut down your running game, but I do think we will get to your QB and rattle him where he can make mistakes. The game will be hard hitting and tough.

You guys have faced Brunell and Delhomme so far in the playoffs. Because of that I don't think you guys are ready for what Ben can and will do! He will be the key to the entire game, to both teams! I think he is playing with so much poise and understanding that we will take this game in the fourth quarter! Good luck.

Suitanim
01-24-2006, 04:50 PM
The biggest advantage the Seahawks have is the Steelers unfamiliarity with them. As a conference, the NFC is fairly unimpressive, when you have teams like Chicago with virtually no offense as a 2 seed, and a team like Washington only compiling 122 yards of offense and advancing in the playoffs. Carolina was playing pretty good football, but with Goings out (a 3rd string RB) they were forced into a gameplan they were never meant to play, so what should have been a competitive game was not.

The best the Hawks can hope is that the Steelers fall out of sync a bit and don't jump all over them in the first half...