PDA

View Full Version : no huddle

The_WARDen
11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
At what point do they give up on the stupid game plan that isn't working and go no huddle? 3rd quarter's ticking away boys...

MACH1
11-15-2009, 02:00 PM
:banging::banging::banging::banging:

The_WARDen
11-15-2009, 02:09 PM
another wasted possession in the books...

BleedBlacknGold0
11-15-2009, 02:11 PM
I came on here quick to post the same thing. Sometimes I think Arians is too proud to hand the game over to Ben.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry buddy, but this thread is a :yawn: er. Did it ever occur to you that the Bungles are just playing good D? :banging:

Rick5895
11-15-2009, 02:29 PM
The Bengals are playing good D, however, the offense is failing to adjust. 4 trips in the redzone, no TD's, is a failure to adjust by the OC and offensive coaches.

The_WARDen
11-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Sorry buddy, but this thread is a :yawn: er. Did it ever occur to you that the Bungles are just playing good D? :banging:

It occured to me that the offense plays at a higher level when running the no huddle. To not even try it is stupid no matter how the Bungles are playing...but keep trying to fit the square peg in the round hole.

By the way, Denver's defense looked good until the 3rd quarter when they went nohuddle.
:banging::banging:

pepsyman1
11-15-2009, 02:44 PM
I agree.....they made a big deal about coming out after half time during the Denver game and changing the tempo to get things going.....why not this game?

They moved down the field before halftime using it.....haven't seen any of it since then.

Not too many blitzes today either. Very surprising to me. After how they gave up the last game to Cinci, I really expected them to come out really aggressive today.

BleedBlacknGold0
11-15-2009, 02:52 PM
We'll be lucky to see the no huddle this game. They may not even get the ball back with a chance to win.
Their was no change in the Steelers gameplan. If this goes for an L its on Arians.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 02:54 PM
We'll be lucky to see the no huddle this game. They may not even get the ball back with a chance to win.
Their was no change in the Steelers gameplan. If this goes for an L its on Arians.

Yeah - coz Arians is out on the field making the plays (or lack thereof). :yawn: :jerkit:

Rick5895
11-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Now they have to go no huddle, 2min left down by 6

BleedBlacknGold0
11-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah - coz Arians is out on the field making the plays (or lack thereof). :yawn: :jerkit:

HTG no offense but that logic is flawed. If you cant assess any blame on coaches or coordinators wouldnt they in theory never be fired?

Steeldude
11-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Now they have to go no huddle, 2min left down by 6

nope. more al davis offense :smile:

Rick5895
11-15-2009, 03:10 PM

No Arians isn't out on the field playing. However, it is still up to the coaches to make adjustments to put the players in position to make plays. There was no adjustment to the bengals pressure after the second red zone failure there should have been adjustments, and they simply did not attempt to get a running game going.

That all being said, Ben wasn't sharp, it;s tough coming back from the west on a short week playing a god team.

Both Harrison and Timmons need to understand the situation before they do stupid things (un-neccesary roughness and offsides at the A gap)

Tine to get back on track and finish 12-4 ( which I have said we will be many times before) and make a super bowl run.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 03:15 PM
HTG no offense but that logic is flawed. If you cant assess any blame on coaches or coordinators wouldnt they in theory never be fired?

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. E X E C U T I O N.

It just cracks me up around here than when the Steelers kick ass on offense, Arians is rarely ever given credit but as soon as the O sputters, here come the scapegoaters to nail him to the cross. It's pitiful.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 03:17 PM
No Arians isn't out on the field playing. However, it is still up to the coaches to make adjustments to put the players in position to make plays. There was no adjustment to the bengals pressure after the second red zone failure there should have been adjustments, and they simply did not attempt to get a running game going.

That all being said, Ben wasn't sharp, it;s tough coming back from the west on a short week playing a god team.

Both Harrison and Timmons need to understand the situation before they do stupid things (un-neccesary roughness and offsides at the A gap)

Tine to get back on track and finish 12-4 ( which I have said we will be many times before) and make a super bowl run.

The Bungles aren't #2 against the run from whistling Dixie. The running game wasn't working all that well.

Ben had every opportunity to go to the no-huddle even before the first half ended. Arians leaves it up to HIM to decide whether to use it or not.

BleedBlacknGold0
11-15-2009, 03:32 PM

It just cracks me up around here than when the Steelers kick ass on offense, Arians is rarely ever given credit but as soon as the O sputters, here come the scapegoaters to nail him to the cross. It's pitiful.

How many suitors will BA have for open head coaching positions when his contract is up?

Almost all of our coordinators get in line for HC job. Where will BA be a HC at?

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 03:35 PM
How many suitors will BA have for open head coaching positions when his contract is up?

Almost all of our coordinators get in line for HC job. Where will BA be a HC at?

I think he is more than satisfied being the OC here. The FO respects him, Tomlin respects him and his players respect him. Besides - the man is in remission from cancer and I doubt he seriously wants to undertake a HC position.

So - let me get this straight. To be considered a good OC in this league, you have to be in line for a HC position? :laughing: :toofunny:

Rick5895
11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
The Bungles aren't #2 against the run from whistling Dixie. The running game wasn't working all that well.

Ben had every opportunity to go to the no-huddle even before the first half ended. Arians leaves it up to HIM to decide whether to use it or not.

Steelers have the #1 rush D in the league Cinci kept trying to run the ball. I didn't expect lots of yards rushing today but make an attempt, the players didn't execute, offensively or on special teams (kick coverage was awful) and bonehead penalties by harrison and Timmons hurt in the end, coaches sometimes take all the blame here, not what I am suggesting, it's a 50/50 split but they are the ones being paid the money to come up with adjustments, from where I sat , I didn't see any adjustments from the O coaches. In the end it was a total team loss and we are done with the bengals until playoffs.
From my seat the only thing you can take from this game is we need to make better adjustments when things don't work, we had a stinker today unfortunately it was against the Bengals.

X-Terminator
11-15-2009, 03:47 PM
I think he is more than satisfied being the OC here. The FO respects him, Tomlin respects him and his players respect him. Besides - the man is in remission from cancer and I doubt he seriously wants to undertake a HC position.

So - let me get this straight. To be considered a good OC in this league, you have to be in line for a HC position? :laughing: :toofunny:

Exactly. If that's the case, then Mike Zimmer must really suck as a DC, since he's never had a HC position and don't recall him ever having an interview.

That was just a ridiculous comment on his part.

Fire Haley
11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
I blame Arians and Ben for being too greedy. Ben got the swolled head and was impatient all day.

Take what they give you.

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2009, 03:50 PM

so you'd execute a perfectly good horse just because he wasn't thirsty ? thats kinda harsh....:doh:

SteelerEmpire
11-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Yea..... they looked like an "entirely" different offense out there compared to last week....

Edman
11-15-2009, 03:54 PM
44 passes, 15 runs.

The playcalling ratio today. Nearly 3 to 1.

So much for a balanced offense. I think it's safe to say that Arians' gameplan backfired on him. He and Ben got too greedy.

stb_steeler
11-15-2009, 04:37 PM

( CLEVELAND) LoL

LVSteelersfan
11-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Too many long passes down the field that were not open. That's on Ben, not Arians. The Bengals D had our receivers covered like a blanket all day. KUDOS to them. Ben got sacked twice with that empty backfield crap in the red zone. Put a BLOCKER back there ALWAYS. I hate that formation with a passion.

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
I blame Arians and Ben for being too greedy. Ben got the swolled head and was impatient all day.

Take what they give you.

There is a lot of truth to this today.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 06:15 PM

Take what they give you.

Every elite QB who has ever played the game has had a bad game - or two - or three - even more. This includes A$$ Chin, Peytoon, the Drama King, Montana, Dan The Man and our own Ben. After all of the great games he's had in the 5 years he's been the Steelers QB, I'll spot him a bad game once in a while.

vindrow
11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
they should just come out on the first play of the game and go no huddle or "Muddle" for the whole game in KC, they couldn't play any worse than they did this game.

BleedBlacknGold0
11-15-2009, 07:43 PM
SIGH

I dont like Bruce Arians as the OC whether we are winning or losing but I deal with him. I can't believe he couldnt throw the no huddle out there at least once today. Ben is a huge fan of it and I find it hard to believe he didnt ask to use it today.

What do I know though? Im just ridiculous and and idiot for thinking that theres a slim chance that BA's playcalling plus sloppy play had something to do with our loss.

It could never have anything to do with the person who calls the plays.

I still think if he didnt have a good team hed already be gone.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
What do I know though? Im just ridiculous and and idiot for thinking that theres a slim chance that BA's playcalling plus sloppy play had something to do with our loss.

Finally - we agree on something! :drink: :wink02:

In all seriousness, you are entitled to your opinion on what went wrong today just as everyone else, including me, is. I have had absolutely no issues with BA since he took the reins as the OC and I still don't. What I take issue with is the scapegoating that goes on after every Steelers loss, whether it is BA, Ben, FWP, Santo, Reed, some of the above, all of the above, or a fill in the blank on the goat du jour. I feel it is blatantly unfair especially in light of the fact that many of you who bash BA refuse to give him any credit at all when the Steelers execute a good game plan. Admittedly, I would have liked to have seen more running plays today, but the Bungles have a good run D and thus far this season, their pass D had been quite suspect, ranked 24th or something to that effect. We gambled, we lost - we move on.

Preacher
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Steelers have the #1 rush D in the league Cinci kept trying to run the ball.

And what did that get them? Not the win.

The kick return got them the win.

Without that kick return, the score is 12-12. Running did nothing for Cinci.

markymarc
11-16-2009, 04:03 PM
While it would have been nice to see at least an effort to run the no huddle, can everyone sit here and honestly say the way Ben and the WRs were playing yesterday that it would have even helped.

We got into the red zone several times yesterday and couldn't capitalize. The better team won yesterday.

Angus Burgher
11-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I'm baffled by the lack of no-huddle. It's almost always successful... they should have at least tried it out a couple of times.

I agree with Ben's comments that something was flat-out off yesterday overall. I don't think you can pin the blame on any one person. Some faltered more than others, but that's why you have a team... if one guy is lagging, the others have to make up for it. It's like what happened in the Vikes game. The offense wasn't terribly productive, so the D had to step up and make some big plays.

Unfortunately, without Troy, the defense rarely is able to do that. So if he's missing for a while, Ben and the offense are going to have to step up their game again and score a HELL of a lot of points.

solardave
11-16-2009, 04:42 PM

So you're saying there was nothing we could do? That they are just better than us?
I don't buy that! Like it was already said. 4 trips in the redzone and no TDs. It was a lousy offensive game plan. or lack of it.Period!!