PDA

View Full Version : Steelers v. Bungles - Who Gets Your Kick In The Hiney?

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Ben was really out of sync today, so he gets the first one. He looked jittery out there most of the game and was really off on his passes. Once in a blue moon, so I'll forgive it.

James Harrison gets a swift kick in the ass for his after the play temper tantrum. Nothing good ever comes out of punching an opponent in the head. :shake02:

ST'S gets a HUGE kick in the rear and "the Moe" for allowing that return TD. That was the difference maker in this game and set the momentum tone for the Bungles the rest of the game.

Christian Snyder
11-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I could give out so many kicks in the hiney it isn't even funny... But Ben gets kicked in the hiney, because he just threw balls over WR's hands all day and he lookjed out of sync.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Offensive line- Ben had to no where to hide today.

SteelerEmpire
11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Ed Reed needs to get Polamalu to teach him how to tackle !!!!!! This is the 2nd return for a TD he could have prevented.......:banging:

SteelCityMan786
11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Special Teams. No Question.

Eztarget
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
ST and Harrison. Two stupid plays that gift wrapped 9 points for them.

SteelCityMom
11-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Ed Reed needs to get Polamalu to teach him how to tackle !!!!!! This is the 2nd return for a TD he could have prevented.......:banging:

I'm assuming you mean Jeff Reed lol. But yes, agree all the way, that was pathetic.

The offense had a really off day, but I won't kick any of them in the hiney's cause I don't want to injure anyone lol (except maybe Spaeth).

We'll bounce back the rest of the season...always remember you have to face some adversity to have true success!

Spidey
11-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Arians, Ben, ST in that order

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 04:20 PM

Not this same redundant bullshit all over again.

For the last time . . .

Jeff Reed is paid to kick FG's, which he did successfully today. He gets my game ball - he was the most consistent player on the field today.

Jaquila

do you mean Jeff Reed? lol

tony hipchest
ben was unusually horrible.

arians taking the ball out of mendenhalls hands for no reason at al,l sucked. did we really need willie parker in there for a "change of pace"? (i definitely know ben isnt making those calls in the huddle).

and finally, you kinda telegraph your plays when you go shotgun of every single 3rd down and 1+ play.

WVUSteelers
11-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Ben apparently has developed a condition where his receivers appear to be a foot taller than they really are. I mean Ben, I knew you wanted a tall receiver or two, but come on, this isn't the time to play head games with yourself.
Also, the ST really needs to figure something out. Stop that TD, then you don't lose the game 99 times out of 100.

Edman
The Offense. Ben was miserable (mulligan day), and the O-Line was getting abused and confused. Driving on Cincy all day but can't put it in.

Bruce Arians. He's done a great job the weeks before. No excuse today. The RZ playcalling was atrocious.

Special Teams. Third Return TD given up in as many weeks. Bob L. needs to be put on notice, and soon.

Plenty, PLENTY of kicks to go around. Overall the whole team gets a kick for turning into Bungles themselves. Hope you live with the fact of being 2 back of Cincy this whole week. You definately earned it today.

X-Terminator
6 points allowed by the ST is the difference in the game. They get the kick in the hiney.

And I don't know what the HELL Harrison was thinking when he punched that Bengal in the head. He's lucky he didn't get tossed for that.

Jaquila
11-15-2009, 04:22 PM
im to bummed out to even blame anyone. I just want the next game.

tony hipchest
11-15-2009, 04:23 PM

For the last time . . .

Jeff Reed is paid to kick FG's, which he did successfully today. He gets my game ball - he was the most consistent player on the field today.to be fair, you did ask who gets the kick in the hiney. shouldnt this thread be just as open to opinion and interpretation as the gameball threads?

steelreserve
11-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Ben and the offensive line. Seemed like about 6 passes on every single drive were either overthrown several yards or knocked down by defensive linemen. No wonder we looked out of sync.

ricksteelers55
11-15-2009, 04:24 PM
6 points allowed by the ST is the difference in the game. They get the kick in the hiney.

And I don't know what the HELL Harrison was thinking when he punched that Bengal in the head. He's lucky he didn't get tossed for that.

Tomlin should have toss him out of the field for sure.I like JH but that penalty was as dumb as it can be

Steelboy84
kick off coverage

mulldog24
I gotta put this one on BR and the special teams, letting another one get run back on us was simply unacceptible! Ben let to many passes get away from him today. I don't mind telling you guys this one really hurts!!!!!

tony hipchest
11-15-2009, 04:25 PM
i am also resigned to the fact that our offense or st is going to give up 6 points on a return, no matter what.

7 games and running....

:banging: (difference between 8-1 and 6-3 and a bungles sweep.) :banging:

AllD
11-15-2009, 04:26 PM
This team was not prepared today. The kick goes to the coaching staff and whoever failed to call the guard pulling runs. Even FWP was gaining yards, but we went to throwing 15+ yard incompletions? BB was staring down receivers all day and was lucky to not have more picks.

Defense was good, but not good enough to offset the offense who was too busy reading their press clippings and "avoiding the media". They looked like they came to play a scrimmage and forgot it was for the lead in the AFC North.

steelreserve
11-15-2009, 04:26 PM
to be fair, you did ask who gets the kick in the hiney. shouldnt this thread be just as open to opinion and interpretation as the gameball threads?

Oh, no, you need to choose from a pre-populated list of 3-4 acceptable options, or else you're an idiot and the sky is falling and OMG I'm so sick of this board because everyone bitches so much and they must be the same people who were calling Polamalu a bust after his rookie year.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 04:29 PM
to be fair, you did ask who gets the kick in the hiney. shouldnt this thread be just as open to opinion and interpretation as the gameball threads?

I AM expressing my opinion. :banging: What's the matter - Mods aren't allowed to express their opinions? I disagreed with the guy - my bad.

I stick with my original opinion here. REDUNDANT.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh, no, you need to choose from a pre-populated list of 3-4 acceptable options, or else you're an idiot and the sky is falling and OMG I'm so sick of this board because everyone bitches so much and they must be the same people who were calling Polamalu a bust after his rookie year.

You are being totally unfair here. I respect everyone's opinions even though I may not always agree.

What I'm sick of on this board the most is the redundant bullshit that permeates this place. It's like a venereal disease.

steel9guy
11-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Well I think the whole team was bad but you know what, every team has a bad day or 2 in a year and unfortunately both of ours came against the bunguls. We might not win the division but even if we get a wildcard I have a feeling we WILL see cincy again and with troy we will whoop them in their house.

Christian Snyder
11-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Ed Reed needs to get Polamalu to teach him how to tackle !!!!!! This is the 2nd return for a TD he could have prevented.......:banging: Is Jeff Reed is paid to kick FG's not tackle people... In case you didn't know this (most) kickers are terrible tacklers... Don't be mad at Reed be mad at the ST's lack of tackling on that KR.

fansince'76
11-15-2009, 04:36 PM

No, there are several other options it seems:

1. This team sucks, the season's over and it's all Arians' fault;

2. This team sucks, the season's over and it's all Tomlin's fault;

3. This team sucks, the season's over and it's all Willie's fault (your personal favorite);

4. Ah, hell you get the idea: This team sucks, the season's over and it's all (fill in name of the scapegoat du jour)'s fault.

:coffee:

GoSlash27
11-15-2009, 04:41 PM
I gotta give my kick in the shins to Big Ben. People almost always blame the QB for stuff that isn't actually his fault, but this time his aim was just plain off.

:noidea: We pick up, dust off, and move on.

Steeldude
11-15-2009, 04:43 PM
the offense(that includes arians) and ST are pretty much to blame.

holmes misses an easy TD catch (not a surprise)

BR was off target all day

O-line wasn't giving very good protection (some of those sacks are BR's fault, not the O-line)

ST (returns and coverage) leaves a lot to be desired.

is anyone impressed with the 3 TE set? it's not like they throw to spaeth or johnson.

BR was getting killed in the no-back sets. looked like bengals blitzed like crazy when they saw an open backfield. steelers never adjusted for it.

the al davis offense doesn't work.(see raiders)

oh well, 6-3 isn't bad, but losing two games to division opponent is bad.

steveironcity
11-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I just never get that when something is working, it seems like they try like hell to stop doing it, in this case the running game. Instead of running it down the Bengals throats, they seemed content throwing incomplete pass after incomplete pass into double coverage,

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm not going to kick anyone in the rear today. Games like this happen. Unfortunately, it happened in a very big game. The Bengals were better than us today. It's that simple.

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I just never get that when something is working, it seems like they try like hell to stop doing it, in this case the running game. Instead of running it down the Bengals throats, they seemed content throwing incomplete pass after incomplete pass into double coverage,

That is true. The offense was completely out of balance today. I don't care if it is the 85 Bears we are playing, if you have a horse, you give him the ball more than 13 times a game.

Rick5895
11-15-2009, 04:53 PM

For the last time . . .

Jeff Reed is paid to kick FG's, which he did successfully today. He gets my game ball - he was the most consistent player on the field today.

Yes it does get redundant with the Reed bashing, but to be fair, people are expressing there opinions. Yes, Reed does get paid to kick field goals, but he also gets paid to play football, and sometimes , as one of 11 men on the field, that means to tackle someone if need be or at least slow the guy down a bit. However, the rest of the guys on special teams need to step up as well/

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Ben gets it. He was off all day. He makes the offense go but didn't have it today. I'm sure that he'll step up and take the blame like the man he is.

Nadroj 20
11-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Harrison lost his cool, i think he gets my kick in the behind

Ben didnt play very well but alot of that was because of the Bengals D (have to give them credit they did play well)

Harrisons bone head mistake on the other hand was ALL on him he lost his cool and he should have been able to control his anger.

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
why aren't the sweed bashers who claim sweed single handedly cost us the last game by not catching that TD pass, not calling for holmes's head for alligator arming what looked to be like an easy catch ? :noidea:

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Yes it does get redundant with the Reed bashing, but to be fair, people are expressing there opinions. Yes, Reed does get paid to kick field goals, but he also gets paid to play football, and sometimes , as one of 11 men on the field, that means to tackle someone if need be or at least slow the guy down a bit.

And to be fair - I'm entitled to MINE, as well.

the rest of the guys on special teams need to step up as well.

You mean - what they are paid to do?

Agreed - end of redundant argument. :drink:

Steeldude
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Harrison lost his cool, i think he gets my kick in the behind

i think holmes easy TD drop was more crucial than a 15yd. penalty. i don't even think the penalty put them in steelers' territory.

but it was a stupid penalty

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't think it's that Reed missed the tackle. It's that he didn't try (or appeared not to).

solardave
11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Offensive line- Ben had to no where to hide today.
Bullshit!!!3 of the 4 sacks were on Ben Period. My kicks go to Tomlin and BA. Mostly BA for not at least trying the no huddle. There's plenty of blame to go around. We just looked like we didn't have a clue on offense. Special teams sucked.Piss poor throws and dropped balls. We were starting to gash them with Moore and we stopped. It was like, oh this is working so lets cut this shit out. If I didn't know better I'd say we expected to lose this game. The Bengals are playing their best ball in years and that's still not good enough if we show up. WE DIDN"T:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MACH1
11-15-2009, 05:12 PM
ST first then Harrison. :buttkick:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Bullshit!!!3 of the 4 sacks were on Ben Period. My kicks go to Tomlin and BA. Mostly BA for not at least trying the no huddle. There's plenty of blame to go around. We just looked like we didn't have a clue on offense. Special teams sucked.Piss poor throws and dropped balls. We were starting to gash them with Moore and we stopped. It was like, oh this is working so lets cut this shit out. If I didn't know better I'd say we expected to lose this game. The Bengals are playing their best ball in years and that's still not good enough if we show up. WE DIDN"T:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's not even the sacks. It's the hurries, knockdowns, etc.

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Yes it does get redundant with the Reed bashing, but to be fair, people are expressing there opinions. Yes, Reed does get paid to kick field goals, but he also gets paid to play football, and sometimes , as one of 11 men on the field, that means to tackle someone if need be or at least slow the guy down a bit. However, the rest of the guys on special teams need to step up as well/

Bingo. I swear it looked he was actually blocking for the guy. Ben doesn't actually get payed to tackle either, but thank God he'll do it it when called upon.

solardave
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
the whole offense was pitiful, special teams tackling was horrible, and even the defense (drop interceptions, take bad penalties late in the game)..this was not the steelers i thought we would see again this year. i thought that team left us back in week 3 but apparently they are still around

You're right. I'm so pissed about the poor offense and special teams that I completely forgot about the 2 drops by Carter and the 1 by Clark. We really screwed the pooch this time. This was an important game!!!!!

solardave
11-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Arians, Ben, ST in that order

Hell,just line em up and start kicking. Except Woodley, No, him too for missing that open field tackle that gave them a first down. Now we have to listen to the Experts talk about the GREAT BENGALS!!! :pissed::pissed::puke::puke::puke:

iloveben7
11-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Special teams, James Harrison, and the entire offense

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
why aren't the sweed bashers who claim sweed single handedly cost us the last game by not catching that TD pass, not calling for holmes's head for alligator arming what looked to be like an easy catch ? :noidea:

Go back and look at the play again. It wasn't an easy catch. He was stretched out and it went off of his fingertips. It also looked like the ball was tipped.

RunWillieRun
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Kick in the arse: The Steelers

There was no shortage of suck to go around today.

steelreserve
11-15-2009, 05:28 PM
No, there are several other options it seems:

1. This team sucks, the season's over and it's all Arians' fault;

2. This team sucks, the season's over and it's all Tomlin's fault;

3. This team sucks, the season's over and it's all Willie's fault (your personal favorite);

4. Ah, hell you get the idea: This team sucks, the season's over and it's all (fill in name of the scapegoat du jour)'s fault.

:coffee:

No, my favorite is more like "Parker sucks and the rest of the team is good." Ahh well.

iloveben7
11-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Ben gets it. He was off all day. He makes the offense go but didn't have it today. I'm sure that he'll step up and take the blame like the man he is.

He did take all the blame and admits he played bad today unlike a few Qb's

BozMan
11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
This team looked unprepared today, and that starts with the coaches. This is still a good team, but I find it very concerning that they looked so flat in what was by far the biggest game of the year so far.

Stu Pidasso
11-15-2009, 06:16 PM

Apparently I saw a different play. I got a DVR, played the play 3 times. 1st, it was stupid of JH to lose his temper like that. 2nd, he WAS retaliating from a big hit from that lineman (They always catch the second guy.) 3rd, he did NOT punch the guy, it was a push to the shoulder pads, like how every other schoolyard fight starts.

I think JH gets punished a LOT more than he gets calls his way for raping- I mean holding. It HAS to get very frustrating by the end of the game.

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Go back and look at the play again. It wasn't an easy catch. He was stretched out and it went off of his fingertips. It also looked like the ball was tipped.

And that's why Tomlin has so much confidence in him now.

NV STEELERS 723
11-15-2009, 06:35 PM
The whole team! ... Were they partying on the South Side last night ?

stb_steeler
11-15-2009, 06:49 PM

Yeah why is it that a guy runs for 155yrds one game, the next, hardly see's the ball. Its not like the running game wasnt working. But you do have to try it more than 2-3 times.

psusteelers4life
11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
JH couldnt have picked a worse time to retaliate in the game then when he did with that said Its easy to get lost in the heat of the moment and on top be frustrated. JH does get held a lot , there is holding on every play in football , everyone gets held at some point . Sometimes though I feel he uses a power{bull rush} too much and that in turn makes him easier to block and be HELD. He used his speed rush a lot last year and linemen couldnt really stop him for the most part, now they are used to seeing film on him and know about how fast he is . I just think if he mixed it up more when he rushes like a spin move when he is in the middle of a power rush it would help him break free from some of the holds that they dont call and help him get to the qb . Also in turn get holding calls for his favor cause it could make the holds more obvious. I know you cant get a sack on every rush although it would be sweet if you could . I love how JH plays the game though and he is an awesome player to watch... this little rant is just my opinion...

with the hiney kick It was a team win last monday and it was a team loss today.so as a team they get the hiney punt.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Gotta go with Special teams.

I am about to start a "Sign Anthony Madison" petition!!!

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Has James Harrison made an appearance on special teams yet? If not, it may be time to bring in the big guns.

X-Terminator
11-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Bingo. I swear it looked he was actually blocking for the guy. Ben doesn't actually get payed to tackle either, but thank God he'll do it it when called upon.

He didn't try to do it last week after he was picked off by Goodman. He just sat there and watched. :noidea:

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. The fact is that if the other 10 guys do their jobs, Reed isn't put in that position, period. I said it after the Minnesota game, and I stand by it.

Apparently I saw a different play. I got a DVR, played the play 3 times. 1st, it was stupid of JH to lose his temper like that. 2nd, he WAS retaliating from a big hit from that lineman (They always catch the second guy.) 3rd, he did NOT punch the guy, it was a push to the shoulder pads, like how every other schoolyard fight starts.

I think JH gets punished a LOT more than he gets calls his way for raping- I mean holding. It HAS to get very frustrating by the end of the game.

Regardless, it was a stupid play and gave them 15 free yards. You NEVER retaliate in any situation, but especially when your team is down 3 late in the game and you need a stop to get the ball back.

Psyychoward86
11-15-2009, 07:25 PM
The special teams in general get a swift kick in the ass from me. Logan almost muffed a kick return, so did Mewelde, and our special teams coverage was abysmal. Reed missed an easy tackle again lol :chuckle:

not to worry, Chiefs will be a good team to take out our anger on

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2009, 08:31 PM

Madison was signed by the Colts this week so that ain't gonna happen.

Preacher
11-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Arians....

He shoulda kept Parker in.. least he didn't rack up the negative yardage today like Mendenhall did.

:wink02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Arians....

He shoulda kept Parker in.. least he didn't rack up the negative yardage today like Mendenhall did.

:wink02:

Joking aside, I wish we would have tried to pound the run a bit more. This game put a big damper on any pro bowl aspirations for Starks or Kemo.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Joking aside, I wish we would have tried to pound the run a bit more. This game put a big damper on any pro bowl aspirations for Starks or Kemo.

I doubt they would have made it anyway, Gonz. The Pro Bowl is nothing more than a jock popularity contest.

markymarc
11-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I have to give out 2 kicks in the butt for our loss. The first one goes to Ben. To me he looked off from the very beginning. Normally when we get the ball back under 2 minutes in the game I would want nobody else except for Ben, but he was definitely not driving us for a TD on the last possession.

My second one goes to our special teams coverage. There has to come a time when Tomlin says enough and makes drastic changes. We can't keep giving up TDs on special teams.

SteelMember
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Big Ben.

The offense begins and ends with him, and it never really got going.

If he can take the credit, he can also take the blame... which he did. :thmbup:

Special Teams.

You could argue that "those" 6 points were the difference in the game... and win. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Big Ben.

The offense begins and ends with him, and it never really got going.

If he can take the credit, he can also take the blame... which he did. :thmbup:

Special Teams.

You could argue that "those" 6 points were the difference in the game... and win. :chuckle:well there's that...and the int that gave them a FG...:noidea:

devilsdancefloor
11-16-2009, 06:00 PM
for the life of me i dont know who was calling them ben or arians, but all the freaking long balls wtf i was screaming at the tv. It was like panic mode the whole 2nd half. ben was off arians play calling was off our ST needs to run laps til they puke then some.
There is plenty of blame to go around

SteelGhost
11-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Ligahesky, hands down.

devilsdancefloor
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Ligahesky, hands down.

Is he a new signing i never heard of OR do you mean legursky? If so wtf did he do?? i dont even remember him in the game, But he could have been in and i was upset at our teams play

HometownGal
11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Is he a new signing i never heard of OR do you mean legursky? If so wtf did he do?? i dont even remember him in the game, But he could have been in and i was upset at our teams play

That was posted by a Ghost, so you really didn't see the post. :chuckle:

SteelGhost
11-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey HTG, sarcasm sometimes works like a Ghost's charm :chuckle:

I know the players play the game and coaches coach it, but in this particular case Mr. Bob Ligahesky (Pittsburgh Steelers Special Teams Coach) is not having a good year so far, IMHO

HometownGal
11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Hey HTG, sarcasm sometimes works like a Ghost's charm :chuckle:

I know the players play the game and coaches coach it, but in this particular case Mr. Bob Ligahesky (Pittsburgh Steelers Special Teams Coach) is not having a good year so far, IMHO

I think you meant Ligashesky. Easy to mistake the Shesky with Legursky - kind of like Bungles fans - those "sky's" all sound alike. :chuckle:

Our ST's play very unmotivated and that falls on the coach's shoulders. The loss of Madison was HUGE, though one player a team does not make. As tony said in another thread - you can't make chicken salad with chicken poop.

Texasteel
11-16-2009, 09:58 PM
I would give mine to the ENTIRE ST. It seems popular opinion to blame what ever happened on Jeff, but tell me what happened to the other 10 players. That just looked bad.

SteelGhost
11-16-2009, 10:06 PM
oops ! My bad with the "s" I agree the loss of Madison was huge, maybe more than all the Nation thinks,but IMO the coach Ligashesky has to do something to improve ST's performance, their tackling is pitiful (not knocking on Skippy's abilities, he's the kicker and has our permission :chuckle:)

Giovanni
11-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Arians, ST, O-line, Ben, Santonio(dropped a TD), Clark (dropped an INT) and Kevin Colbert for not resigning Bryant McFadden and leaving us with William "20 yards off the receiver" Gay.

The_WARDen
11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Arians, Ben, Harrison and the who damn coverage team!

steelreserve
11-17-2009, 02:39 PM
for the life of me i dont know who was calling them ben or arians, but all the freaking long balls wtf i was screaming at the tv. It was like panic mode the whole 2nd half.

On that front, I also have to say it didn't help that all of the long balls were either overthrown or underthrown by a good 5 yards. Our QB usually does better than that. He just did not look like he was having a good day.

HometownGal
11-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Arians, ST, O-line, Ben, Santonio(dropped a TD), Clark (dropped an INT) and Kevin Colbert for not resigning Bryant McFadden and leaving us with William "20 yards off the receiver" Gay.

You're forgetting James Harrison with that boneheaded (:jawdrop: there's that word again) penalty very late in the 4Q that ultimately led to the Bungles stretching their lead to 6 and making it impossible for the Steelers to tie the game at 15. James doesn't screw up too often, but that one was HUGE.

Nadroj 20
11-17-2009, 06:05 PM
You're forgetting James Harrison with that boneheaded (:jawdrop: there's that word again) penalty very late in the 4Q that ultimately led to the Bungles stretching their lead to 6 and making it impossible for the Steelers to tie the game at 15. James doesn't screw up too often, but that one was HUGE.

Yep I agree he lost his cool and he could have prevented it yet he lost his cool, that deserves a couple kicks in the butt

steel striker
11-17-2009, 06:44 PM

Okay I disagree where or who was Ben going to throw the ball to? Nobody was open anyway. Plus if Holmes catches that ball that would have been a TD it is a different game. Not to mention the bengals only rushed 4 and, pressured him all day. A few of them were on Ben but, come on man we just stunk it up. I do agree with you on why we did not go to the no huddle in the second half. I still think if you can't score in the red zone you don't deserve to win. Time to move on and get ready for KC.

BuckeyeSteel
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM

For the last time . . .

Jeff Reed...

...is a football player and should've at least made some kind of attempt at the tackle.

Texasteel
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
...is a football player and should've at least made some kind of attempt at the tackle.

He did just as well as the other 10 players on the field, yet the TD is Reed's fault. Right.

HometownGal
11-17-2009, 09:15 PM

Obviously, you haven't listened to Tomlin's press conference today where he opined (and seemed quite irritated that the question was asked about Reed) on Reed's "tackling abilities". You Reed haters are going to be in for a shock. :thumbsup: As soon as the video is up on either KDKA (where I watched the clip) or Steelers.com, I will be most happy to post it. I hope now this long, drawn out witch hunt can finally be put to rest.

EDIT: I found the video and posted it below.

BuckeyeSteel
11-17-2009, 09:16 PM

He did just as well as the other 10 players on the field, yet the TD is Reed's fault. Right.

I never said it was his fault. Others at least tried, he made no attempt.

fansince'76
11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I never said it was his fault. Others at least tried....

Could've fooled me.

Nadroj 20
11-17-2009, 09:29 PM

Idk if others tried....all of them looked pretty bad with that guy running right pass them

HometownGal
11-17-2009, 09:41 PM
I found the video of Tomlin's press conference today. There isn't a direct link but you can find it on the front page, top left. The segment on Jeff Reed is towards the end but I enjoyed the entire PC. :thumbsup:

http://www.steelers.com/multimedia/MediaCenter/

Texasteel
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM

You need to take another look at that run back.:doh:

HometownGal
11-17-2009, 09:54 PM

No - he needs to watch and LISTEN to the video I just posted on the previous page. What Mike Tomlin said about the Reed witch hunt is why he is a HC of an NFL team and we are simply observers.

tony hipchest
11-17-2009, 09:58 PM
No - he needs to watch and LISTEN to the video I just posted on the previous page. What Mike Tomlin said about the Reed witch hunt is why he is a HC of an NFL team and we are simply observers.i havent seen the video yet, but i can imagine that tomlins response was something to the effect of "we have 10 other real football players out there who are expected to make a tackle".

am i close?

HometownGal
11-17-2009, 10:08 PM
i havent seen the video yet, but i can imagine that tomlins response was something to the effect of "we have 10 other real football players out there who are expected to make a tackle".

am i close?

Nope. Watch the video. He firmly put that reporter (and the Reed haters) in their place. :tt03:

Nadroj 20
11-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Nope. Watch the video. He firmly put that reporter (and the Reed haters) in their place. :tt03:

Am i a reed hater because i consider him a part of the special teams unit and think he along with EVERYONE on that unit should bust their butts a little harder to make a tackle?

I dont think that makes me a hater because im not blaming reed soley

I really just want to know where that puts me in this "i hate reed" "i like reed" situation...

HometownGal
11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Am i a reed hater because i consider him a part of the special teams unit and think he along with EVERYONE on that unit should bust their butts a little harder to make a tackle?

I dont think that makes me a hater because im not blaming reed soley

I really just want to know where that puts me in this "i hate reed" "i like reed" situation...

Hmmmm - a little sensitive are ya? :wink: Personally- I don't think YOU, on the whole, are in that "hater" category.

Coach Tomlin disagrees with your opinion but hey - he's only the HC. :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Hmmmm - a little sensitive are ya? :wink: Personally- I don't think YOU, on the whole, are in that "hater" category.

Coach Tomlin disagrees with your opinion but hey - he's only the HC. :chuckle:

Not sensitive really just wandering mainly because i do not hate reed and like him as a kicker, his effort on the otherhand.....is where our opinions change lol

tony hipchest
11-17-2009, 11:24 PM
the effort definitely sucked, but i gotta wonder if the coaches constantly remind him before every kick to "dont do anything stupid, like getting injured trying to make a tackle or shaking your naked dick at a pittsburgh area cop".

Shea
11-17-2009, 11:29 PM
I know that Reed's tackling attempts have been a bit of a hot topic, but this picture does crack me up:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/Tinkas82/steelersbengals15.jpg

A little bit funny?? Anyone.....

Texasteel
11-18-2009, 05:32 AM
I know that Reed's tackling attempts have been a bit of a hot topic, but this picture does crack me up:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/Tinkas82/steelersbengals15.jpg

A little bit funny?? Anyone.....

The picture is a little deceiving. That was after the runner cut back and got him turned around, which he did to several others. Granted he is not the best tackler on the team, but remember he is a kicker. They don't practice the same why as the rest of the team. I believe that if he started throwing his body around to make tackles and got hurt so he could kick FGs that the same people that are calling him lazy now, would be calling him stupid then.

stillers4me
11-18-2009, 06:29 AM
I wonfder if they tell Dan Sepulveda the same thing? We all know that good punters are a dime a dozen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/sarcasm2.gif

BuckeyeSteel
11-18-2009, 06:56 PM

Are you saying he did make an effort.

No - he needs to watch and LISTEN to the video I just posted on the previous page. What Mike Tomlin said about the Reed witch hunt is why he is a HC of an NFL team and we are simply observers.

No can do, I'm at work...

the effort definitely sucked

This was all I was trying to say.

I'm not a Reed hater, either.

Texasteel
11-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Are you saying he did make an effort.

Yes I am saying that he put forth an effort, and looked very bad doing it. As I recall the runner cut back faking him out badly, which is not hard to do to a kicker. Remember the kickers train and practice differently that the rest of the player. There have been kickers in the past that could tackle, but for the most part they are not good at it, partly because they don't work at it, and partly because they are kickers.

Mostly I am saying that his effort was not that much less than the rest of the team. I thought that the whole team looked very lackadaisical, so to place the lions share of the blame on Reed is just not fair.

You might also want to take a look at HTGs vidio. You might find that the Steeler head coach don't not agree with you.

MongoSteeler
11-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Kicks go to Arians for talking about "Balanced Offense" and then not trying it and to Mike Tomlin for allowing it to continue.