PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers are still 6-3 all isn't lost.

GridironWarrior
11-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Remember in 05 the Bengals won the division, but who won the Super Bowl? Don't fret fellow fans. Season isn't over yet.

Jaquila
11-15-2009, 04:25 PM
ofcourse not. it just sucks to be swept, but no it is far from over...

Christian Snyder
11-15-2009, 04:27 PM
No, the season isn't over, nor is the fight for the division... It just sucks to be swept by the Bengals.:banging:

SteelerEmpire
11-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Remember in 05 the Bengals won the division, but who won the Super Bowl? Don't fret fellow fans. Season isn't over yet.

Yea.... all is not lost.... but our margin for error has gotten a lot smaller.....

Steelboy84
11-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Not at all. I'll be rooting hard for the Raiders next week. We'll bounce back no doubt. Bungals still have the Chargers, Vikes, and Jets. I can see three losses for them right there.

SteelersMomma
ohhh I agree and the Bengals have a few difficult teams to play until the end of the season. 2 wins ahead of us is nothing when we have a lot left in the season. The Steelers just have to win every game from here on out. I have faith in the Steelers!!!!

GridironWarrior
Yea.... all is not lost.... but our margin for error has gotten a lot smaller.....

They'll run the table like 05.

X-Terminator
11-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Not at all. I'll be rooting hard for the Raiders next week. We'll bounce back no doubt. Bungals still have the Chargers, Vikes, and Jets. I can see three losses for them right there.

And I believe all 3 of those games are on the road.

No, the season is not over, and anyone who thinks so should just leave the board right now. All the Steelers need to do is get into the playoffs. After that, it's anyone's ball game.

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 04:32 PM
The only way today matters in the long run is if we let it linger until next week. Let this game go, focus on KC, and get this thing back on track.

Steelboy84
11-15-2009, 04:32 PM

No, the season is not over, and anyone who thinks so should just leave the board right now. All the Steelers need to do is get into the playoffs. After that, it's anyone's ball game.

Yep, all 3 on the road.

Jaquila
11-15-2009, 04:34 PM

true... its all about making it to the playoffs and we still have a good spot for that

steel9guy
11-15-2009, 04:37 PM
were fine, well bounce back. We still haven't really peaked yet and I think the division race is still on. Even if we do lose the division WE WILL see cincy at their place and we will beat them.

Edman
11-15-2009, 04:38 PM
No, the season isn't over yet.

But it's going to be difficult to catch the Bengals. They hold both head to head and division tiebreakers over us.

The only way to beat the Bengals for the division now is to just beat them outright. That means we may have to run the table and hope Cincy drops a few. We CANNOT tie them.

SteelersMomma
11-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I think looking below we might have a chance. The rest of the teams we're playing are doing okay if not horrible this season. The Bengals are going to be having a tough time I think with the Vikings and the Chargers. I believe if the Steelers bounce back from this week we have a very very good chance of winning every game from now until the end of the season.

Bengals schedule for upcoming weeks (7-2)

raiders 2-6
browns 1-7
lions 1-8
Vikings 8-1
chargers 5-3
Chiefs 1-7
jets 4-5

Steelers schedule for upcoming weeks (6-3)

chiefs 1-7
ravens 4-4
raiders 2-6
browns 1-7
packers 4-4
dolphins 4-5

solardave
11-15-2009, 04:51 PM

We still have to play the Ravens twice. If we lose just one of those our chances at a wildcard start to slip away.:banging::banging:

solardave
11-15-2009, 04:52 PM
We still have to play the Ravens twice. If we lose just one of those our chances at a wildcard start to slip away.:banging::banging:

we held our own destiny and WE BLEW IT BIG TIME LETTING THESE CHUMPS BEAT US IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 04:52 PM
I think looking below we might have a chance. The rest of the teams we're playing are doing okay if not horrible this season. The Bengals are going to be having a tough time I think with the Vikings and the Chargers. I believe if the Steelers bounce back from this week we have a very very good chance of winning every game from now until the end of the season.

raiders 2-6
browns 1-7
lions 1-8
Vikings 8-1
chargers 5-3
Chiefs 1-7
jets 4-5

chiefs 1-7
ravens 4-4
raiders 2-6
browns 1-7
packers 4-4
dolphins 4-5

I still think we can finish 11-5 or 12-4 this season.

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM

I think we will have wins against

Kansas City
Cleveland
Oakland
Green Bay
Miami
Baltimore (Once)

I can see us finishing up 12-4.

All is not lost, unless this loss lingers.

SteelersMomma
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM
I still think we can finish 11-5 or 12-4 this season.

I think we could get it at 13-3 or 12-4. I don't see us loosing 5 games by the end of the season.

SteelerEmpire
11-15-2009, 04:55 PM

raiders 2-6
browns 1-7
lions 1-8
Vikings 8-1
chargers 5-3
Chiefs 1-7
jets 4-5

chiefs 1-7
ravens 4-4
raiders 2-6
browns 1-7
packers 4-4
dolphins 4-5

The good news: none of our remaining opponents has a winning record......

SteelCityMom
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM

I say we maybe lose one to the Ravens and end the season at 12-4 AT WORST. I see no way we lose to the Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, Packers and Browns.

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I think we will have wins against

Kansas City
Cleveland
Oakland
Green Bay
Miami
Baltimore (Once)

I can see us finishing up 12-4.

All is not lost, unless this loss lingers.

:iagree: Even if we split with the Ravens, I don't see us losing any of those other games.

Steelboy84
11-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I say we maybe lose one to the Ravens and end the season at 12-4 AT WORST. I see no way we lose to the Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, Packers and Browns.

:hug:

tmacsteelerfan
11-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah, we're definitely fine, the Bungles just better hope we don't meet again in the playoffs because the team will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulders.

stb_steeler
11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
The good news: none of our remaining opponents has a winning record......

True, but we dont need to take anything lightly from here on out. This thing is far from over.:tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2009, 05:10 PM

Yeah, just gotta be holding out for a Wildcard spot at this point, since we are effectively 2 games behind the Bengals in the AFC north.

Bengals dominated the O line and D line play, and their defense definately looked to confuse Ben and make him throw under pressure and inaccurately.

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 05:12 PM
If you would have offered me 6-3 before the season started...I would have taken it.

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkNsEH1GD7Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkNsEH1GD7Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:sofunny:

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
The Bengals last 4 games are @ Minnesota. @ SanDiego, The Chiefs @ home, and @ the Jets. That's pretty brutal ending for a team that's starting to get banged up. (3 potential losses). We just need to take care of our own business and who knows, the division may fall in our laps.

SteelCityMom
11-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah, just gotta be holding out for a Wildcard spot at this point, since we are effectively 2 games behind the Bengals in the AFC north.

Bengals dominated the O line and D line play, and their defense definately looked to confuse Ben and make him throw under pressure and inaccurately.

Yeah, more than likely we'll be looking at a WC spot. I'm ok with that (not ecstatic, but ok).

The teams I see in the playoffs from the AFC this year are:

The Bengals (I do think they'll drop another two games, but will lead the division with a tie breaker), fighting for a bye with the Pats maybe
The Pats (hate them, but no one else in that division is going to be a serious contender)
The Colts (same as the Pats), lock for a bye week
The Chargers (I say the Broncs keep looking in the rearview)

Wild Cards: The Steelers and a fight between the Jags, Broncs, Texans and maybe the Ravens for the other spot.

SteelersMomma
11-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah, more than likely we'll be looking at a WC spot. I'm ok with that (not ecstatic, but ok).

The teams I see in the playoffs from the AFC this year are:

The Bengals (I do think they'll drop another two games, but will lead the division with a tie breaker), fighting for a bye with the Pats maybe
The Pats (hate them, but no one else in that division is going to be a serious contender)
The Colts (same as the Pats), lock for a bye week
The Chargers (I say the Broncs keep looking in the rearview)

Wild Cards: The Steelers and a fight between the Jags, Broncs, Texans and maybe the Ravens for the other spot.

Yeah, its going to be tough to pull the wild card. Which is why I'm hoping that we win every game until the end of the season and the Bengals lose 2-3 games to either tie us or win us a spot.

SteelCityMom
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, its going to be tough to pull the wild card. Which is why I'm hoping that we win every game until the end of the season and the Bengals lose 2-3 games to either tie us or win us a spot.

I think even if we lose one game (probably to the Ravens) we're still a lock for the WC. It's pretty damn hard to go 12-4 and not at least get a WC spot with homefield.

It would be awesome if the Bengals lose 3 games (unlikely but possible), but can't worry about that too much, gotta control our own destiny and beat who we need to beat. No looking in the rearview mirror like the Broncos tend to do.

cubanstogie
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
The Bengals last 4 games are @ Minnesota. @ SanDiego, The Chiefs @ home, and @ the Jets. That's pretty brutal ending for a team that's starting to get banged up. (3 potential losses). We just need to take care of our own business and who knows, the division may fall in our laps.

very true, I see Bengals losing 2 more games for sure, and who knows they may implode. Yes they looked good and swept us but lets not forget, they are still the Bengals.

OneForTheToe
11-15-2009, 07:02 PM

Actually, I think 11-5 will get a WC this year, so 12-4 is a lock, IMO. Hell 10-6 might actually get one of the spots.The Broncos are toast. They lost to the Snyderettes today - and gave up 27 points to that pathetic offense. Denver will finish no better that 10-6 or 9-7. That means the Bolts win the West and no WC team from that division.

In the South, the Colts are a lock for the division. Houston and Jacksonville are potential WC teams at 5 -4. However, considering both teams have to play the Pats, Colts and each other, neither team will finish better than 10 -6, IMO. Maybe one of them gets rolling and finishes 11-5.

In the North, at least one of the WC teams should be found (if not both), whether it be us or the Bungles. The Ravens will still have a voice in the deal, but they have to play us twice and the Colts. I don't see the Ravens better than 10 -6 either quite frankly.

In the east the Pats have a clear road. The Jets and Dolphins both have 5 losses already and have tough schedules down the stretch. Miami has to play us.

So, I think the WC is a lock at 12-4 (no team has ever missed the playoffs at 12-4). I also think it is a good possibility at a little less. Of course, if we just go 13-3 there are no concerns.:tt04:

X-Terminator
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah, it's looking like the Steelers will still make the playoffs. But of course, they have to take care of business starting in KC next week. And I'm certainly not going to say that that game is a lock - there is no such thing as a gimme. If they go into that game overconfident, they will find themselves on the business end of a terrible loss.

OneForTheToe
11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, it's looking like the Steelers will still make the playoffs. But of course, they have to take care of business starting in KC next week. And I'm certainly not going to say that that game is a lock - there is no such thing as a gimme. If they go into that game overconfident, they will find themselves on the business end of a terrible loss.

If they go into that game overconfident after today, they do indeed deserve to lose. They should go into that game pissed.

OneForTheToe
11-15-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm going to make a prediction right now. Cincinnati will lose one of the next three games to Oakland, Cleveland or Detroit. The Bengals are talented but they don't handle success well.

Edited to add: the Cowboy are the same way. All this week the National media praised the boys. What happened? They laid an egg against the Pack.

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm going to make a prediction right now. Cincinnati will lose one of the next three games to Oakland, Cleveland or Detroit. The Bengals are talented but they don't handle success well.

Edited to add: the Cowboy are the same way. All this week the National media praised the boys. What happened? They laid an egg against the Pack.

In today's NFL, anyone can beat anyone. Any win or lose by anybody doesn't surprise me any longer. Don't believe me, look at the Steelers schedule last year and see how many games could have gone the other way. Today's NFL games are...in many cases...decided inches.

Steel_Bus_24
11-15-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't think we run the table, we''ll lose 1 of the Ravens games and another either from GB or Mia

All bets are off if Troy isn't playing

This loss is just a fffing killer

Jaquila
11-15-2009, 07:55 PM
the Bungles will have a meltdown like Broncos had last year 8-8 (crossing fingers haha)

supa_fly_steeler
11-15-2009, 08:00 PM
at least we are ranked #2 in defence now when the giants actually play some hard games we will have the #1 spot again.

Miami look horrible this year. Green Bay inconsistent and Baltimore overhyped all winnable games IMHO.

OX1947
11-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Steelers for 3 of the next 4 games are against below average teams. I see no reason why they can not win the next 3 out of 4. Which puts them at 9-4.

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Steelers for 3 of the next 4 games are against below average teams. I see no reason why they can not win the next 3 out of 4. Which puts them at 9-4.

It depends on what Troy's MRI shows. I hate to pin the season down on one man, but we all know how the defensive schemes change when he's not there.

We thought we had an easy schedule when it came out. How a few months and one injury changes things.

stb_steeler
11-16-2009, 01:28 AM

So true, look at the 2 games we lost in the beginning. And if we only put up as much points as we did today (witch i think we'll have more against KC) it will be another tough one. KC did win today.

steelballs
11-16-2009, 08:39 AM
I fully expect to see the Bengals again this year. It will be sweet redemption....I hope.

fansince'76
11-16-2009, 10:06 AM
It depends on what Troy's MRI shows. I hate to pin the season down on one man, but we all know how the defensive schemes change when he's not there.

We thought we had an easy schedule when it came out. How a few months and one injury changes things.

If we can't beat the likes of the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns, even without Troy, we won't deserve to go to the playoffs.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned...but at the same point last year, we were.......6-3.

Shoes
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
I was in a good mood after the Colts beat the cheats last night and in a great mood watching Eisen, Sanders and Mariucci pass around the antidepressants :chuckle:

Fire Haley
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I was in a good mood after the Colts beat the cheats last night and in a great mood watching Eisen, Sanders and Mariucci pass around the antidepressants :chuckle:

I could hear their spines cracking as they bent over backward trying to defend the Belicheater - especially Deon.

run away!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0U4HJtuXlw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0U4HJtuXlw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Merchant
11-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Everyone breatheeee....

Inhale... Exhale..

We're still in good shape for a 12-4 or 13-3 finish. That is a GOOD thing. Not to mention, the season is far from over and the Bengals are FAR from clinching the division title.

Let's see how they handle success, because as history constantly reminds us.. not everyone does it well. Perfect example, Broncos started 6-0, now have lost 3 straight. With success comes a lot of pressure. And this is the same bengals team that needed OT to beat the browns, so yes, let's give them respect, but at the same time let's not act like they're some AFC powerhouse. I wouldn't even be surprised if they fall to the Raiders next week in Eagles-esque fashion.

IT'S GOING TO BE OK. When you're feeling down about the Steelers.. just count to six.. soon to be seven.. I FEEL ITT :tt03:

markymarc
11-16-2009, 05:40 PM
If we can't beat the likes of the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns, even without Troy, we won't deserve to go to the playoffs.

I completely agree!

markymarc
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
We could still end up 12-4 just like last season, but means we can only lose 1 of our remaining 7 games.

AllD
11-16-2009, 05:45 PM
It just sucks to be swept by the Bengals.:banging:[/QUOTE]

I want to punch myself in the face like the Rainman. I hope we see them in the playoffs and steamroll the punks.

Angus Burgher
11-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Dare I say it... I think we can go 13-3.

F**k it, I'll go one further. We WILL go 13-3. And we'll win the division as Cincy finishes at 12-4.

I've had my day of mourning for the Steelers. Now it's time to move on. I still believe in this team. I believe in Ben Roethlisberger. I believe in our receivers. I believe in our running game. Ben is as competitive a guy as you get. He was out of sync yetsterday. He won't be next week. The Steelers will destroy the Chiefs and they won't stop there. They know they have to beat Baltimore twice for a solid shot a the playoffs. They'll do it, just like they did last year. They'll waste the Browns, without much trouble. They'll take down Oakland like Mack truck running over a stray cat. Green Bay and Miami will be tougher, but they'll still come out with the win because the Packers can't block our linebackers and the Wildcat won't run against our defensive ends.

I believe in our defense. Even if they are without Troy, they've been through that now... they know how to adjust to it, and they'll only improve with time. And if Troy IS on the field... nothing can stop them.

So F**k Cincy. The better team yesterday? Yes. The better team this season? Possibly. But not the better team overall and if we meet them again, they WILL go down.

Bring on the rest of the season. The Steelers probably needed a wake up call and they got it. Now it's time to crush EVERYONE. They're going to do it. To hell with negativity.

iloveben7
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Dare I say it... I think we can go 13-3.

F**k it, I'll go one further. We WILL go 13-3. And we'll win the division as Cincy finishes at 12-4.

I've had my day of mourning for the Steelers. Now it's time to move on. I still believe in this team. I believe in Ben Roethlisberger. I believe in our receivers. I believe in our running game. Ben is as competitive a guy as you get. He was out of sync yetsterday. He won't be next week. The Steelers will destroy the Chiefs and they won't stop there. They know they have to beat Baltimore twice for a solid shot a the playoffs. They'll do it, just like they did last year. They'll waste the Browns, without much trouble. They'll take down Oakland like Mack truck running over a stray cat. Green Bay and Miami will be tougher, but they'll still come out with the win because the Packers can't block our linebackers and the Wildcat won't run against our defensive ends.

I believe in our defense. Even if they are without Troy, they've been through that now... they know how to adjust to it, and they'll only improve with time. And if Troy IS on the field... nothing can stop them.

So F**k Cincy. The better team yesterday? Yes. The better team this season? Possibly. But not the better team overall and if we meet them again, they WILL go down.

Bring on the rest of the season. The Steelers probably needed a wake up call and they got it. Now it's time to crush EVERYONE. They're going to do it. To hell with negativity.

:tt02:
At the beginning of the season I said we'd go 13-3 and I really hope I'm right. I know we can do it and I agree with you that we needed this wake-up call.
In the Steelers we trust, ABEN

Angus Burgher
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, the hell with it. All of the games ahead of us are winnable. And as for the games we lost... yes, it's disheartening... but it was only by a total of 12 points. That's really not bad at all. It just looks worse because two of those losses were to a divisional opponent. But there's still plenty of football left to play.

Oh, n an unrelated note... in case any of you are interested, the Ravens just drove into the Browns red zone, couldn't make a TD and missed a field goal. :)