PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm saying this........

eafratitpm3
11-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but CONGRATS to the Bengals for dominating both sides of the ball today. As a long time Steeler fan I would have to say that I've never seen a Steeler team so dominated in a game as crucial as this. Let's hear the excuse, Troy didn't play the whole second half. :blah::blah::blah: PISS POOR!!!!!!!:banging:

Steelboy84
11-15-2009, 03:41 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but CONGRATS to the Bengals for dominating both sides of the ball today. As a long time Steeler fan I would have to say that I've never seen a Steeler team so dominated in a game as crucial as this. Let's hear the excuse, Troy didn't play the whole second half. :blah::blah::blah: PISS POOR!!!!!!!:banging:

:noidea:

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 03:41 PM
No excuses by the Steelers They played a sloppy game and could have taken a sizable lead numerous times.

X-Terminator
11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
The Steelers' D did not allow a single offensive TD today, held them to less than 60 yards rushing and pretty much blanketed their receivers all day. Ocho Crotcho had all of TWO catches today. I wouldn't call that Bengals' domination on offense.

Carolina Steelers
11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
I agree this isnt the same old Bengals I never thought all yr they were for real but they proved it today. Ravens twice now us twice 2 physical teams they beat 4 times

TX Steelerfan
11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Dominated? A FG-fest that ends up 18-12 is hardly a dominant win over the Steelers. We outgained them 226-218. We had a slight TOP advantage, 30:52 to 29:08. It came down to red zone failures.

The Steelers sleepwalked most of this game.

Edman
11-15-2009, 03:45 PM
The Bengals won, but they didn't exactly dominate.They did next to nothing on Offense, their run game was shut down, Crotcho was limited. But like any good team, they found a way to win.

That is not excuse-making folks. That's the truth.

The Steelers Defense did their job today. The Steelers Offense and Special Teams did not. And that's why we lost.

steveironcity
11-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah, the fact that the Bungals scored ZERO offensive TDs just screams Dominance. If you are Phil Simms, it does anyway.

TX Steelerfan
11-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh, and our pass/run ratio? 40 pass plays, 18 rushes. I know they're the 2nd ranked rush defense, but c'mon. Denver had a supposedly good run defense as well and we tore them up.

solardave
11-15-2009, 03:49 PM

The only thing I credit the Bengals for is defense. Their offense was nil. Our offense was clueless. We played our worst offensive game when we needed to play our best.
We missed tackles on defense and special teams sucked. The Bengals weren't as good as we were bad. If they were they would have blown us out. they didn't score an offensive TD either. PISS POOR GAME PLAN on our part. The blame lies on Tomlin and BA. Were in the hell was the no huddle. Why in the hell didn't we use it. :mad:
No excuse for this loss except to say our coaching staff didn't take this game serious enough and apparently neither did the players. I'm going to stop here before I start cussing uncontrollably.:banging::banging::banging::banging ::banging:

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 03:50 PM

They dominated us on defense...that is for sure.

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 03:53 PM
The Steelers weren't dominated, imho. The O was totally out of kilter (particularly Ben) and the D held the Bungles to 4 FG's in the RZ and ST's blew coverage. Both D's played well, imho, but their O executed better when they needed to than the Steelers O, imho. Both teams left points out on that field today.

When all is said and done, though - I have to give major props to the Bungles D. They actually looked good out there today.

MACH1
11-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, the fact that the Bungals scored ZERO offensive TDs just screams Dominance. If you are Phil Simms, it does anyway.

It does if they beat you twice in the season. They're in control of the division right now.

tmacsteelerfan
11-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Dominated? What did they do on offense that I missed. They dominated on field position, and managed to catch Big Ben on one of his very few bad games. They did win though so I guess we'll see them in the playoffs if they make it, because I know Tomlin won't let the team continue to play like that.

steveironcity
11-15-2009, 04:10 PM
It does if they beat you twice in the season. They're in control of the division right now.

And they won the two games by a total of 9 points. One loss because the defense crapped the bed at the end, and another because Ben couldnt establish a rythym. Hardly dominating.

SteelC7
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
they lost the game for themselves but hey the bungles took the game, only one other team has beat us this year, now we all can worry about wat wild card slot were gonna get

fansince'76
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM
....now we all can worry about wat wild card slot were gonna get

Not necessarily. Nothing's been decided yet.

GBMelBlount
11-15-2009, 07:45 PM
The Steelers' D did not allow a single offensive TD today, held them to less than 60 yards rushing and pretty much blanketed their receivers all day. Ocho Crotcho had all of TWO catches today. I wouldn't call that Bengals' domination on offense.

Exactly. We were in no way outplayed today except for special teams perhaps and a bad bounce or two.

We have a top shelf offense & defense and I will take our team over any team in the nfl.

If we can straighten out our special teams, we ARE a better team than the team that won the super bowl last year.

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 07:49 PM
If we can straighten out our special teams, we ARE a better team than the team that won the super bowl last year.

I do agree with you.

GoSlash27
11-15-2009, 07:55 PM
I agree with all the folks above. The D had an outstanding game today. Cincy wasn't able to do squat on offense. We had many, many opportunities to put this game away, and we just didn't get it done on offense.
If I put it down to one thing, it's Ben throwin' them high and late. Even Heath dropped one. Heath!
We can still get a divisional slot, but Cincy is in the driver's seat now. We focus on winning football games and wait for the Bungles to choke like they always do.

GBMelBlount
11-15-2009, 08:01 PM
We focus on winning football games and wait for the Bungles to choke like they always do.

Well said. That pretty much sums it up Slash. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
11-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't know why so many people are just expecting the Bungles to choke. They haven't done it yet, and in fact, they are a fluky tipped-ball TD away from being 8-1. They do have a few tough games left and all on the road, but to expect them to lose...sorry, but you can't do that. All we should be concerned about now is the Steelers taking care of their own business, and not worry about what the Bengals do or don't do. As I've always said, just get in the playoffs. After that, anything can happen.

tony hipchest
11-15-2009, 08:08 PM
the bengals D looked fantastic. i almost have to wonder if they were stealing signals to figure out what we were doing on 3rd down.

probably not, being that every team in the league knows we are going shotgun pass on 3rd and 2, 3rd and 3, 3rd and 5, etc....

sure the players need to execute too, but if it were that simple, teams would call an al davis long ball on every single play for a td, and expect the players to execute it for a 72-0 win.

no love goes to the bengals from me. steelers coaches took mendenhall out of the game. not the bungles.

tony hipchest
11-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Don't know why so many people are just expecting the Bungles to choke. .

because they are the bungles. its the same reason people expect the steelers to be able to win these games.

im not ready to crown the bengals in the name of not being a sore loser or something.

its the bungles.

we can miss the playoffs and they win the #1 seed and they still wont do anything more than they have ever done in the playoffs.

its the bungles.

have i mentioned that its the bungles? if anyone wants to crown them, then by all means, crown them.

Preacher
11-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Dominate? Our defense dominated.

Matter of fact. If we didn't turn the ball over on the what, 20 yard line? and allow a runback for a TD, that is 9 points... and we win the game.

Do I say the Bungles got lucky? Nope. it was a good solid win for them. However, that is by no means, "Dominating" for them.

steelreserve
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but CONGRATS to the Bengals for dominating both sides of the ball today.

Dominated? Nobody dominated that game. Both teams played like they were stuck in the mud or something. This game literally gave me a headache to watch.

eafratitpm3
11-16-2009, 12:13 AM
I apologize but I meant to say CONGRATS to the Bengals for dominating both sides of the line. I understand our D played well but you have to admit that Carson had a lot of time to throw and most of his misses were just bad passes.

stb_steeler
11-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Dominate? Our defense dominated.

Matter of fact. If we didn't turn the ball over on the what, 20 yard line? and allow a runback for a TD, that is 9 points... and we win the game.

Do I say the Bungles got lucky? Nope. it was a good solid win for them. However, that is by no means, "Dominating" for them.

Sounds like a repeat of the last game Steelers/Bengals played......HMMMM its a game of what if's.......

OX1947
11-16-2009, 12:58 AM
It was as even a game as I have ever watched. With one mistake the entire game. And that was the kickoff return. And of course, those 6 points made the difference.

Justin Otstott
11-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I blame my boy Ben for this loss, missing open receivers! But nice job Cincy u stupid whor*s!

Justin Otstott
11-16-2009, 01:09 AM
THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!! IF YOU WANNA CROWN THEY ASS THEN CROWN THEY ASS! WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK! *Punches the mic*

lmao

Pdiddy
11-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Exactly. We were in no way outplayed today except for special teams perhaps and a bad bounce or two.

We have a top shelf offense & defense and I will take our team over any team in the nfl.

LOL.... You better go back and watch the game again. The Bengal's D Dominated the Steeler's in every way. Hell, Big Ben and Co. only gained 80 or so yards in the entire second half. And did you not see the final drive by the Steeler's? 4 and out punctuated by Ben being planted on his rear as he releases a lame duck.... PLUS, when it came down to crunch time in the fourth quarter, the Bengal's O line played old fashioned smash mouth football and chewed up more than four minutes on the way to their final field goal.

BritishSteel
11-16-2009, 06:23 AM
The Bengals finally have an AFC North Defence. Someone, somewhere in the Bengals organisation realised that you won't win jack with Palmer and Ocho-sinkhole and spent some time building a very capable D. So what we got yesterday was a game dominated by two very good defensive units that was decided by the fact that we had yet another special teams brain fart. Their D punched our O around, and ours did the same to theirs. So well done to them, it may have taken ten years for them to realise it, but defence really does win football games. Welcome to the club.

geo123
11-16-2009, 06:56 AM
I'm sure most of it's been said already, but here's my 2cents. The D played well, they just didn't make a big play like we're used to seeing. Troy leaving is alway a factor, but they still didn't give up a TD. I would have liked to see a little more pressure on CP.
The kick return was big; I'm confident if it didn't go for a TD the D would have stopped them.
The real problem was the offense(there really wasn't any. Three trips in the red zone; three field golals. They seemed reluctant to run the ball, and Ben was awful passing. I don' understand with the recievers we have why Ben couldn't find someone open, and get the ball there.
I've said it before and I'll say it again "if your offense can't score 17 pts don't expect to win".

GBMelBlount
11-16-2009, 07:35 AM
GBMelBlount

Pdiddy

LOL.... You better go back and watch the game again.

Really. I did not see this glaring disparity that you speak of....

Both passing & rushing yards were identical for both teams.

Again, I stand by my statement......it was an excellent game between two evenly matched teams that was decided by a special teams blunder and a bad bounce or two.

Hopefully, once that prominent vein in your forehead stops pounding & your blurred vision restores itself, you will realize that perhaps you are being being a little myopic and hypercritical. :chuckle:

steelballs
11-16-2009, 07:37 AM
The Steelers came out flat...played flat and ended flat. It's frustrating that even though they played flat, they still had several opportunities to win the game, but didn't capitalize on their opportunities.

Crow-Magnon
11-16-2009, 07:48 AM
I told you guys and gals that the Bengals were no longer a pushover this season. But I will admit that I am still surprised that they won in Pittsburgh without an offensive TD.

43Hitman
11-16-2009, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't say we were dominated, we were however punched in the mouth and didn't take it to well. Our counter punch should have been and was for a little bit Mendy, I still don't get why they took him out of the game plan. :noidea: Was it my imagination or was he running the ball pretty well? Gotta give the Bungles credit, they played a good game on defense and ST.

Hopefully this was a bit of a wake up call for our team and they now realize they better bring it every game, cause their opponents will.

scsteeler
11-16-2009, 08:05 AM
The Bengals played a great defensive game and made a special teams TD which in fact gave them the win. The Bengals are playing great ball on defense and as we all know this will help you win. They made the plays the had to and we did not, nothing to be upset about just improve from this lost.

Galax Steeler
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I told you guys and gals that the Bengals were no longer a pushover this season. But I will admit that I am still surprised that they won in Pittsburgh without an offensive TD.

They do look good and I give them props for a good game. We just didn't have the offense today and take away that bad special team play where they ran the kickoff back for a touchdown we would have won. I know that is football so congrats to the Bengals.

Pdiddy
11-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Really. I did not see this glaring disparity that you speak of....

Both passing & rushing yards were identical for both teams.

Again, I stand by my statement......it was an excellent game between two evenly matched teams that was decided by a special teams blunder and a bad bounce or two.

Hopefully, once that prominent vein in your forehead stops pounding & your blurred vision restores itself, you will realize that perhaps you are being being a little myopic and hypercritical. :chuckle:

Once again, the domination I speak of was the Bengal's D over the Steeler's O and the Steeler's D over the Bengal's O. (With the exception of the last Bengal's Drive)

Standing by your statement does not mean you are right.... just stubborn. :chuckle:

SteelMember
11-16-2009, 02:43 PM
LOL.... You better go back and watch the game again. The Bengal's D Dominated the Steeler's in every way. Hell, Big Ben and Co. only gained 80 or so yards in the entire second half. And did you not see the final drive by the Steeler's? 4 and out punctuated by Ben being planted on his rear as he releases a lame duck.... PLUS, when it came down to crunch time in the fourth quarter, the Bengal's O line played old fashioned smash mouth football and chewed up more than four minutes on the way to their final field goal.

And I'm sure that 15 yard retaliation penalty didn't affect that drive any. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong. That was a stupid penalty on Harrison's part. Classic 2nd guy gets caught. There was still 2 minutes left to play either way, and it's not like they sealed the deal with a TD making it a 2 possession game.

St33lersguy
11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
It was not a domination the only reason the bungals won is because our special teams coverage can't stop a high school team, drunko the kicker doesn't have a semblance of heart whatsoever and Ben missed 4 or 5 open recievers in the redzone. The steelers are still better than this team, when the defense tries and has Polamalu in there the Bungals can't move the ball to save their lives against them. The bungals are still not better than us. The only reason the bungals lead the division by 1 game and not the steelers by 3 is because if a few boneheads and gaffes on the steelers side and a couple of flukes in favor of the bungals. Unfortunately now because of that we have get the bungals, Carson Palmer, and Chad Ochosucko Johnson forcefed down our throats, escpecially from that degenerate Cris Collinsworthless

Psyychoward86
11-16-2009, 04:34 PM

dominated?

markymarc
11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I tip my hat off to the Bungles! They were the better team in both of our meetings. They are currently on top of the AFC North, but there is still plenty of football left this season.

St33lersguy
11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Had the stillers played at 100% in both those games they'd be 8-1

St33lersguy
11-16-2009, 06:25 PM
I tip my hat off to the Bungles! They were the better team in both of our meetings. They are currently on top of the AFC North, but there is still plenty of football left this season.

No way, we gifted wrapped them the 1st win then lose this past week on a few bad plays and screw ups from a few people

GBMelBlount
11-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Once again, the domination I speak of was the Bengal's D over the Steeler's O and the Steeler's D over the Bengal's O. (With the exception of the last Bengal's Drive)

Fair enough. In that context, I can only agree with what you are saying. :drink:

stillers4me
11-16-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm done with being nice. I tried all day to be happy for people who have never known this kind of success, but all they want to do is rub it in my face and say,. "Who Dey!"

I'm done.

I think I did rather well for one day.

SteelGhost
11-16-2009, 08:12 PM
IMO neither team played really well, just a strike in ST made the day for the Bungles. Palmer just had 4 more yards than Ben in the passing game. Both teams couldn't run the ball either.

My .02