PDA

View Full Version : Wheres Ward?

Carolina Steelers
11-15-2009, 03:48 PM
After getting off to a career start his last 3 gms have been awful 12 rec. for 71 yds. I know he had 2 TD's against the Broncos. Is he just not getting open or Ben isnt getting him the ball? Maybe the Chiefs will get him back on track.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-15-2009, 04:02 PM
More like where is Sweed. They had redzone opportunities and they drafted redzone target. He has drops but what receiver doesn't. The season is 16 games long get him out there for experience.

Arians wants to go 5 wide and shotgun inside the 20 then why not utilize size.
Instead he puts Holmes Wallace and Motions Ward inside with 2 TEs. Too early to give up on Sweed IMHO.

So very true. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Nadroj 20
11-15-2009, 04:04 PM
More like where is Sweed. They had redzone opportunities and they drafted redzone target. He has drops but what receiver doesn't. The season is 16 games long get him out there for experience.

Instead he puts Holmes Wallace and Motions Ward inside with 2 TEs. Too early to give up on Sweed IMHO.

Your right it is too early to give up on Sweed....and that he needs to gain some experience.

But i dont think putting him in in a situation like being in the red zone is the best way to get him experience, thats alot of pressure for a guy lacking in some confindence, in that situation its not time to experiment with Sweed.

smokin3000gt
11-15-2009, 04:06 PM

I don't imagine coach is keeping sweed off the field because of a few dropped passes. It's most likely that he doesn't look sharp during practice either.

btaylor179
11-15-2009, 05:12 PM
sweed needs to stay right where he belongs.....the sidelines!!!!!

jjpro11
11-15-2009, 07:50 PM
how many times does Sweed have to **** up before you just say enough? he probably cost us the first game vs the Bengals.. no need to risk it happening a second time even though we ended up losing anyhow.

AlleghanyAdams87
11-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Ward struggles getting separation against quality corners at times, especially when the game plan does nothing to shift him into situation where he is playing out of the slot and getting coverage from LBs and Safeties.