PDA

View Full Version : This is a perfect defeat....

STEELAMANIA
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Let all the doubters and haters pick the Bungals, Colts, Pats, Chargers, etc and let the Steelers fly under the radar and be the underdogs....thats the way they prefer and they actually play better that way.

I don't care if the Steelers are the 6th seed in the playoffs, they will be in the playoffs and win the Superbowl once again.

Gnutella
11-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Simply mentioning the Patriots, Colts, Chargers and Bengals on one sentence gets me all hot and bothered! Where's the lotion?

Edman
11-15-2009, 04:31 PM
The media was all over us last Monday. Then jumped off once they found out the Pats and Colts were playing. This will get them off permanently the rest of the year.

steveironcity
11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Having to listen to the Network commentary (I was at a family function) reminded me why I always listen to Bill and Tunch. Painful.

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Sorry...this isn't the perfect defeat. This was an opportunity lost.

We need to look towards next week and forget today.

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 05:02 PM

I totally agree! It was an opportunily squandered.......however, I remember that being said last year when we lost to Titans an lost home field advantage for the playoffs. Everybody wrote us off at that point. In the end, it worked out well for us.

We need to just get out there and take care of business. Let the Bengals be the Bungals. They still have plenty of of time to implode.

And we need to pray we get Troy back ASAP.

slippy
11-15-2009, 05:47 PM
perfect defeat??? dude, we just lost the division and are now in a fight for a wild card!

unless the bengals completely fall apart (against the lions, browns, raiders, chiefs and jets) they will win the division.

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
perfect defeat??? dude, we just lost the division and are now in a fight for a wild card!

unless the bengals completely fall apart (against the lions, browns, raiders, chiefs and jets) they will win the division.
last i checked there was still 7 more games to be played since when are division titles handed out after 9 weeks ? ... the odds of either team going undefeated the rest of the year are probably pretty large.

Gnutella
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
The Bengals still have to travel to Minnesota and San Diego. They can easily drop those two. Be that as it may, we probably need to win out to win the division.

OneForTheToe
11-15-2009, 06:13 PM

You left out the Vikings and Chargers on the road.

Rick5895
11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
This was one of those games, when I saw it at the first of the year I wasn't to concerned. However, with the bengals playing good ball, this game gave me more cause for concern. The game we had to win was last week vs Denver, we did that. A short week game against a quality division opponent, and us coming back from the west I felt was a recipe for disaster. I believe we finish 12-4 and possibly win the division. I can see Cinci losing 3 games, Vikings , Chargers (and it will hurt me to cheer for any team with Rivers on it) and possibly Jets. We're done with this game, lets move on.

Psyychoward86
11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
U know what, this kind of is a perfect defeat. I think such a devastatingly humbling experience like this one will really teach us a lesson

BlastFurnace
11-15-2009, 06:45 PM
U know what, this kind of is a perfect defeat. I think such a devastatingly humbling experience like this one will really teach us a lesson

This was not a lesson learning game. It was a hard hitting game that the Bengals won. This is a game we lost and we need to move on from.

tube517
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
I totally agree! It was an opportunily squandered.......however, I remember that being said last year when we lost to Titans an lost home field advantage for the playoffs. Everybody wrote us off at that point. In the end, it worked out well for us.

We need to just get out there and take care of business. Let the Bengals be the Bungals. They still have plenty of of time to implode.

I agree.

I would never count this team out. Regular season doesn't matter. Just fix the problems and get in the playoffs. That is what matters. Yes, losing to the Bungholes sucks but I know we will have the last laugh.

Merchant
11-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Whatever.. let's just move on. I just hope we get Troy back. What is it with this team once Troy goes down? Seems like everyone just loses a step. Defense played well today but, as was the case when Troy was gone earlier, no big plays. No picks, no forced fumbles, nothing.

We need Troy healthy.. badly.

steeltheone
11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Troy had nothing to do with the offense... Where was the no huddle?

steelbad@50
11-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Whatever.. let's just move on. I just hope we get Troy back. What is it with this team once Troy goes down? Seems like everyone just loses a step. Defense played well today but, as was the case when Troy was gone earlier, no big plays. No picks, no forced fumbles, nothing.

We need Troy healthy.. badly.
Yes we do, but we need to learn win important games without him. Now it looks as if we will be in a fight for a wild card birth. As long as we make the playoffs most of us will be happy.:tt04:

stlrtruck
11-16-2009, 08:04 AM

:iagree:

The_WARDen
11-16-2009, 09:56 AM
last i checked there was still 7 more games to be played since when are division titles handed out after 9 weeks ? ... the odds of either team going undefeated the rest of the year are probably pretty large.

Right...but even if the Bungles go 5-2, the Steelers would have to go 7-0 to win the division. As you said, the odds are pretty large.

Steelers & I
11-16-2009, 11:37 AM

This post is right on. The sick feeling after yesterdays loss is one that we fans have to experience 2 or 3 times a season. It just comes with the territory, we sure as hell can't win them all. The Steelers will move foward, the fans better do the same or else they'll get left behind.

Back to the original post, I don't know if this was "a perfect defeat" but I do know that a lot of media outlets were calling the Steelers the best team in the NFl last week. Everytime that this happens, the Steelers seem to believe the hype and they come out and lay a stinker on the field the very next game. Media, leave the Steelers alone please, crown your Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles or whomever, just leave the Steelers out of the mix.

Gnutella
11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Media, leave the Steelers alone please, crown your Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles or whomever, just leave the Steelers out of the mix.

Well the media certainly won't be crowning the Cowboys or Patriots this week. *lol* (If there's a silver lining to this weekend, it's this.)

What the media will be doing, however, is hyping up the "inevitable" AFC Championship Game matchup between the Colts and Bengals. :blah:

markymarc
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
We blew a perfect opportunity yesterday to take control of the division. It didn't happen and the Steelers need to get back to the lab, just like Tomlin says :tt02: