PDA

View Full Version : Pa. student humiliated over Broncos jersey

ChuckB22
01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Associated Press
Posted: 28 minutes ago

BEAVER FALLS, Pa. (AP) - A 17-year-old high school student said he was humiliated when a teacher made him sit on the floor during a midterm exam in his ethnicity class - for wearing a Denver Broncos jersey.

Continued......Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5272442

tony hipchest
01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
good thing he wasnt wearing a cowboys jersey or they may have had him drawn and quartered! lol

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
A broncos jersey in Beaver Falls, hell I thought there was no discipline in schools now a days, now he needs swats

Trufant23
01-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Kelly also made other students throw crumpled up paper at Vannoy, whom he called a "stinking Denver fan," Vannoy told The Associated Press on Monday.

Thats hilarious

Sharkissle29
01-23-2006, 06:48 PM
haha thats actually funny stuff...im sure the kid just took offense to a joke. get a sense of humor kid!

ChuckB22
01-23-2006, 06:52 PM
good thing he wasnt wearing a cowboys jersey or they may have had him drawn and quartered! lol
Don't be a hater, because a kid whats to dress cool in a Cowboys jersey:cool: :jammin: ....

clevestinks
01-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Don't be a hater, because a kid whats to dress cool in a Cowboys jersey:cool: :jammin: ....
If it were cowboys it would have been a dress , not a jersey!

I do like the sig though. MY wife is half Vietnamese, so they like Dat!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Why was it that he wasn't humilated until MONDAY when he told the papers... funny thing though his team was humilated on SUNDAY !!! Sounds like he wants a playoff... :rofl:

NYSTEEL
01-23-2006, 07:30 PM
another wuss who cant take a joke...what the hell is wrong with these boys...They need to grow a pair...

SteelerDan43
01-23-2006, 09:19 PM
I willing to bet the teacher was proving a point... one thing the media has glossed over is the fact it was a ethnicity class. I dont think it would be out of sorts for the teacher to have been trying to provide an example of racisim... It would be a perfect example :helmet:

Koopa
01-23-2006, 10:33 PM
damn if a teacher did that to me i'd jab him/her in the damn mouth like 28 times

83-Steelers-43
01-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, we can look at it this way.......If the kid lived in Baltimore and was sporting a Steeler jersey, there is a very good chance that he would have been shot. :hunch:

luvmysteelers
01-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, we can look at it this way.......If the kid lived in Baltimore and was sporting a Steeler jersey, there is a very good chance that he would have been shot. :hunch:

I lived in Baltimore the year they went to the Superbowl. I was at work and they had "Ravens Day" -so of course I HAD to wear my Steeler jersey! :sofunny: That big stupid bird mascot they had came to our work for the party, and when he saw my jersey..he fell on the floor like he was dead. (Typical for the Ravens, eh?) He didn't leave me alone all afternoon, kept bringing me Baltimore paraphenalia. It was pretty funny. I got razzed all the time. I had a Steelers license plate and refused to take it off. I'm surprised it never got vandalized.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Well the kid did not make out to bad...

Joshua Vannoy expected a little ribbing when he wore a John Elway jersey to Big Beaver Area Senior High School before the AFC Championship game pitting the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Denver Broncos.

But he didn't expect a teacher and classmates to turn on him, to have to stay home from school because he fears for his safety or to make national headlines.

His parents and attorney will meet with school officials today to see if he can drop a course without failing and if it's OK for him to return to school.

The controversy has even gotten the legendary Mr. Elway involved. The former Broncos quarterback sent Joshua, 17, a gift. Joshua will be watching the next game from an Elway Home reclining massage chair, with No. 7's signature on it.