PDA

View Full Version : A quick observation...

The Fluffy One
11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I for one would like to say that I'm especially proud right now to be a Steelers fan. I usually lurk here and I've also visited a lot of other fan boards that are mentioned on here that always talk about how awful we fans are (which I don't believe for a second).

Anyways, I'm looking through all these Steelers related threads and I don't see any on the first page that whine or cry about the Bengals and how much they suck and how they stole the game from us, etc, etc. When we beat other teams, that is usually all I see on other boards, "Oh, we got ROBBED" or "Hines is SUCH a dirty player, lets break his legs!" or "Those f***ing refs! They gave the Squealers the game!" and so on.

Heck, I even see some congrats threads to the Bungles, and I'll do the same and congratulate them on their win. It's nice to see that we have such a great fanbase and we handle our losses well and accept wins and losses as fair and earned.

Here's hoping to a successful remaining season, healthy players (and a quick recovery to those injured), and hopefully the coaching staff will take this loss as a learning experience and apply the lessons to kick butt the rest of the season! :)

It's a great day to be a fan! :drink:

stillers4me
11-15-2009, 08:09 PM
I'll congratulate them on their win today.

But they still suck. :chuckle:

HometownGal
11-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Good post. :thumbsup:

No need to whine or cry - it doesn't change the outcome of the game.

They didn't outplay us, imho - their O was as lackluster as ours and both D's played well; they outwitted us in one aspect of the game, i.e. ST's which resulted in 6 points but the major difference is that they outlasted us.

It's far from over - anything can happen in the next 7 games and I'm gonna keep the faith as I always do. :tt03:

Angus Burgher
11-15-2009, 08:22 PM
This is a good observation, and you're right, I like seeing it, too. I hate that, every time Pittsburgh wins, I hear crap about the game being "fixed" or that they "play dirty," blah blah blah. Bad calls happen to every team, as do injuries. The Steelers are no more favored or dirty than any other team. I'm glad that I don't see Steelers fans doing that here.

I blame the Steelers loss today on the Steelers. Collectively. Well, special teams more than anyone else, but all in all, this was a game that they needed to win to prove that they are still the top team in the division. Instead, they proved that the Bengals are.

I won't congratulate the Bengals though... they didn't win so much by their own prowess but by Pittsburgh's lack thereof today. Their defense IS good... I won't deny that... but their offense didn't look any better than ours did, and we looked horrible.

stb_steeler
11-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Of coarse other fans are gonna disrespect the Steelers, they cant stand us for one reason and that is were usually on top most of the time. We'll get er back !

The Fluffy One
11-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch most of the game, I had to work this afternoon. I caught some pieces here and there, and I agree, we did not look good. They were able to capitalize on that though, so kudos to them, I guess. I would like to think that whenever we lose, it's no one's fault but our own, and likewise for other teams when they lose.

I hate it when I see fans on other boards crying all the time because they think the win got "stolen" from them because of some bogus call on a 4th and 1. lol Things like that really don't make or break the game, and it's true there are bad and good calls for every team. A good team will rise above all that though, and still pull a win. :) That's what a lot of other teams' fans seem to not recognize.

And stillers4me, of course, the Bengals still suck. :) I can admit they won fairly, but it doesn't mean I have to like them! :D

ricksteelers55
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
The fact that we loss that one and still have 2 games against the Ravens is a wakeup call.

We can still win the division and I still believe it is possible but we will need a lot of work and help to do it.

hopefully big 43 will be back in the neartime

now the bengals won that one and might be this year darling in the AFC

markymarc
11-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Our offense was very lethargic yesterday and unfortunately Ben picked a bad day to not look so hot. There is still plenty of time left this season with 7 games remaining. We just need to take care of business here on out :tt02:

Angus Burgher
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch most of the game, I had to work this afternoon. I caught some pieces here and there, and I agree, we did not look good. They were able to capitalize on that though, so kudos to them, I guess. I would like to think that whenever we lose, it's no one's fault but our own, and likewise for other teams when they lose.
I hate it when I see fans on other boards crying all the time because they think the win got "stolen" from them because of some bogus call on a 4th and 1. lol Things like that really don't make or break the game, and it's true there are bad and good calls for every team. A good team will rise above all that though, and still pull a win. :) That's what a lot of other teams' fans seem to not recognize.

And stillers4me, of course, the Bengals still suck. :) I can admit they won fairly, but it doesn't mean I have to like them! :D

Yeah, I was trying to explain this concept to someone on another message board, but all I kept getting was the "Boo-hoo, Steelers fans can't accept when a team is better than their team!" response. I don't know why it's such a hard concept to grasp. Offensively, BOTH teams played poorly yesterday, and that is reflected in their near-identical stats. Defense was fairly even; pretty good on both sides. Special teams was the deal breaker, and I will absolutely concede that the Steelers have one of the worst ST units in the league when it comes to defending against kickoff returns.

They NEED to fix this area, or else close games like this one will always go the other way.