PDA

View Full Version : Good Game

Pdiddy
11-15-2009, 09:05 PM
That was a tough, hard fought game between two great defenses. Both Carson and Ben looked a little off, but I think that had a lot to do with having pressure in their faces all day. It was a shame when you lost Troy P. and we lost Ced Benson early. Would be nice to see a full game with both those guys going at each other again.

I am sure this wish may come true in the playoffs, as both of our teams have cake schedules the rest of the way.

On a side note, I have to admit even I did not give the Bengal's much of a chance today. Their defense has really stepped up.

Peace

tony hipchest
11-15-2009, 09:50 PM
i will give you props for posting this in the blast furnace even though it was a totally respectful post that contained no smack talk.

:cheers: im still burning over another give away game, though.

stlrtruck
11-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Good game. And you're right both offensive units looked offensive!

SteelCityMom
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Great win by your Bengals yesterday. I know they've been good this year, but never expected a sweep. Kudos to their defense for making it happen.

That was AFCN football at it's finest though. Best of luck the rest of the season (but not too much lol) and hopefully we'll see them for a rubber match in January!

Galax Steeler
11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
That was a tough, hard fought game between two great defenses. Both Carson and Ben looked a little off, but I think that had a lot to do with having pressure in their faces all day. It was a shame when you lost Troy P. and we lost Ced Benson early. Would be nice to see a full game with both those guys going at each other again.

I am sure this wish may come true in the playoffs, as both of our teams have cake schedules the rest of the way.

On a side note, I have to admit even I did not give the Bengal's much of a chance today. Their defense has really stepped up.

Peace

Great game and thanks for not coming on here and talking smack.:thumbsup:

Edman
11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
A Bengal fan not being a jackass. Nice.

The Bengals earned their win yesterday. Neither team dominated. It was a close game that came down to special teams. That's where the Bengals succeeded and we failed.

It's still not over yet, but the Bengals are in the driver's seat.

Angus Burgher
11-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Props to the Bengals fan for dropping by and not rubbing the loss in our faces.

I do hope that we get one more match-up in the playoffs. And if it happens, I hope to God we win, just for the sake of pride.

I will say this though. If the AFC North turns out to be an annual battle between Cincy and Pittsburgh, I'm all for it. Nothing is worse than the Steelers/Ravens rivalry, so if Baltimore can sink down into the cesspool of medicrity where they belong, I'm happy.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
That game was BORING! I normally love defensive battles like that, but that game was boring.

Good game though. You guys are fo-fo-fo-for r-r-r-r-r-real.

There, I said it!

I will not give up hope for the division just yet. It's still a long way before the end of the season. May we meet again in the playoffs.

Angus Burgher
11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Very true. Defensive games are boring. But if you think that was bad, did you seen the San Fran/Chicago game the other night on NFLN?

Now THAT was a boring game. The only thing entertaining was seeing Cutler throw multiple picks.

NJarhead
11-16-2009, 07:41 PM

Peace

i will give you props for posting this in the blast furnace even though it was a totally respectful post that contained no smack talk.

:cheers: im still burning over another give away game, though.

What Tony said.

Congrats on the win. :drink:

4xSBChamps
11-16-2009, 08:18 PM
ain't nuthin' worng with a tough, defensive-minded game like that to remind us of what football used to be (although nobody called passes at a 2:1 ratio over running plays in those days):
congrats to the Bungles, hope to get a 3rd crack at yinz in January

:drink: