PDA

View Full Version : Ravens back in the WC hunt

Crow-Magnon
11-16-2009, 07:58 AM
I truly thought that Baltimore's chances were kaput for 2009 (and they probably still are), but if they take down Cleveland tonight they will be 5-4, one game back of New England, Pittsburgh, Denver and San Diego at 6-3. And as NE is most likely to win the AFCE, and either SD or Denver is going to win the AFCW , it's going to come to probably the Steelers, Denver/San Diego or the Ravens for the wild card.

I'm confident Baltimore beats Cleveland tonight but loses to Indy the following week. Therefore the two games between the Ravens and the Steelers loom large.

Still a lot of time left in this season!

KeiselPower99
11-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Can you repeat that last line for all the negative Steeler fans who feel the season is lost?

Crow-Magnon
11-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Can you repeat that last line for all the negative Steeler fans who feel the season is lost?

LMAO.

It is amazing how quick some fans are ready to throw in the towel after a tough loss.

MasterOfPuppets
11-16-2009, 09:31 AM
denver is going into meltdown mode, 4 more loses for them...sandiego,nyg,indy,philly......count them out....:coffee:

SteelCityMom
11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, it's too early in the season to count the Ravens out of anything, especially since we still have to play them twice. For all I know both the Steelers and Bengals could have a major late season melt down and the Ravens could somehow fight their way back to take the division. It's very unlikely, but anything can still happen.

I will say this though, if they don't sweep the Steelers, their chances of a WC are very, very slim. I'm picking a loss to the Ravens as the only game the Steelers lose down the stretch and have them ending their season at 12-4 again.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Don't worry Crow....the season will be over for you guys after getting swept by the Steelers. :wink02:

I am so glad tonight's game didn't get blacked out. It's been a bad weekend for me and I am ready to watch the Browns muck things up so I can feel better.

revefsreleets
11-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Maybe the Rats can find a way to back into the playoffs...but so what? They'd just lose on the road in the wild card game.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
denver is going into meltdown mode, 4 more loses for them...sandiego,nyg,indy,philly......count them out....:coffee:

:rofl: yeah, I saw them at 10-6, but with the Washington loss, maybe they end up at 9-7. That would be another great EPIC collapse for those Donkey fans that thought their D was the next big thing.

Ravnet
11-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Maybe the Rats can find a way to back into the playoffs...but so what? They'd just lose on the road in the wild card game.

Because their recent history shows that they're a bad road team in the playoffs. . .

HometownGal
11-16-2009, 06:52 PM

:drink::thumbsup:

Can I hear an AMEN? :applaudit:

That being said - I don't disagree with you Crow. I'm not counting the Rats out of anything nor am I anointing the Bungles as the AFCN champs.

http://www.carspace.com/.5bd82d65/cmd.233/embedded..5c46da5c

stlrtruck
11-17-2009, 07:44 AM
What worries me about our remaining games against the ratbirds and clowns is that over the last few weeks we've played to the level of our competition.

That's unacceptable and regardless of what the ratbirds records may be they always "get it up" for us.

Crow-Magnon
11-17-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm really at a loss for words.

Am I happy that Baltimore shut out Cleveland and left Ohio with a win? Certainly. But am I really happy about that win? Not one bit.

Putting up a goose egg for an entire half is not going to win many games against the likes of the Colts, Steelers and probably the Packers. I will give some credit to a Browns defense that played pretty well for most of the game, but the Ravens O-line has went from being a tough, albeit young squad to looking like a sieve. They played poorly last night. Once again, if not for Ray Rice, there would have been little offense last night.

The Ravens defense shut out the Browns....but they shut out the Browns. Peyton Manning has more QB talent in his left pinkie toe that Quinn has in his entire body. This Sunday's game against an undefeated Indy is going to be a tough road to hoe. If the Baltimore defense doesn't get in the backfield numerous times and plant Peyton's gluteus maximus on the turf 5-6 times, Reggie and Dallas are going to have a field day.

I don't know. Did Baltimore simply play down to the level of talent? Did they deliberately hold back in order to save themselves for the Colts? Or have they simply backslid into what is starting to look like a mediocre team for 2009?

And don't get me started on Hauschka!

Christian Snyder
11-17-2009, 08:25 AM
And don't get me started on Hauschka! Why? He's a great kicker!:chuckle::rofl::toofunny:

cubanstogie
11-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Way too early to crown anyone. 5 weeks ago the Giants were going to the SB to represent the NFC, now they are fighting for a playoff spot. If the Steelers and Ravens split we could seriously have three teams going to playoffs from our division. Bengals have a fairly easy schedule but will probably lose 2 to 3 more, so I am hesitant to give them the division. Its nail biting time thats for sure. I like our schedule though.

Crow-Magnon
11-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Why? He's a great kicker!:chuckle::rofl::toofunny:

Yeah, he's the Jeff Reed of kickers! :chuckle:

Angus Burgher
11-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm really at a loss for words.

Am I happy that Baltimore shut out Cleveland and left Ohio with a win? Certainly. But am I really happy about that win? Not one bit.

Putting up a goose egg for an entire half is not going to win many games against the likes of the Colts, Steelers and probably the Packers. I will give some credit to a Browns defense that played pretty well for most of the game, but the Ravens O-line has went from being a tough, albeit young squad to looking like a sieve. They played poorly last night. Once again, if not for Ray Rice, there would have been little offense last night.

The Ravens defense shut out the Browns....but they shut out the Browns. Peyton Manning has more QB talent in his left pinkie toe that Quinn has in his entire body. This Sunday's game against an undefeated Indy is going to be a tough road to hoe. If the Baltimore defense doesn't get in the backfield numerous times and plant Peyton's gluteus maximus on the turf 5-6 times, Reggie and Dallas are going to have a field day.

I don't know. Did Baltimore simply play down to the level of talent? Did they deliberately hold back in order to save themselves for the Colts? Or have they simply backslid into what is starting to look like a mediocre team for 2009?

And don't get me started on Hauschka!

Yeah, I was pretty shocked that the teams were scoreless at halftime. I thought it was a pretty weak effort on both sides, offensively. Weird... all in all, I think the offense of EVERY AFC North team sucked this weekend. Between four teams, there was ONE offensive touchdown. For all of those who are claiming that our division is the toughest in the league right now... they may want to rethink that.

Anyway, I admit that I hate the Ravens more than any other team, so I didn't mind seeing them play poorly. But after that game, I really have to wonder if they'll make the playoffs at all. Especially since they may have lost two key members.

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Because their recent history shows that they're a bad road team in the playoffs. . .

No, because they are playing so poorly right now that IF they got into the playoffs it'd probably be backing in and you don't get to play Cleveland and KC at home when you back into the playoffs at 9-7.

Ravnet
11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
No, because they are playing so poorly right now that IF they got into the playoffs it'd probably be backing in and you don't get to play Cleveland and KC at home when you back into the playoffs at 9-7.

This is a moot point as Baltimore isn't making the playoffs.

With Suggs gone, no kicker (literally), absurdly bad CBs/WRs, and Ngata being held out on a consistent basis, I'm not too hopeful.

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Here's a hypothetical....would you rather make the playoffs and get beat by the Steelers AGAIN or just not even bother?

Crow-Magnon
11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Here's a hypothetical....would you rather make the playoffs and get beat by the Steelers AGAIN or just not even bother?

Of course I would rather make the playoffs. What a foolish question!

Angus Burgher
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
But the Ravens have Michael Oher! He's so good they made a movie about him!

Seriously, I'm not trying to belittle the man's history, but I have to wonder if veteran players on that team are a little annoyed that a rookie OT is getting 10 times the press coverage they are because he's getting his life story told on film.

Nadroj 20
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
But the Ravens have Michael Oher! He's so good they made a movie about him!

Seriously, I'm not trying to belittle the man's history, but I have to wonder if veteran players on that team are a little annoyed that a rookie OT is getting 10 times the press coverage they are because he's getting his life story told on film.

Dude do you know what that guy went through???/ Its not just a football story this guy had a rough life and thats what the movie is about

Its not about him being good, even though he is ok if the vets are annoyed about that they have some issues

supa_fly_steeler
11-17-2009, 08:54 PM
If Raven players are annoyed it sounds like jealousy instead of thinking about themselves they should care for there team first, build comadrie (can't spell lol).

I heard the movie is quite good.

Angus Burgher
11-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Like I said, I'm not trying to belittle his history. I know he went through some really bad shit. But so have a lot of other NFL players. Where are their movies?
Just trying to put it all in perspective.

And my hatred for the Ravens knows no bounds. :tt02:

Ravnet
11-18-2009, 09:21 AM

I would rather not make the playoffs.

Ravnet
11-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Like I said, I'm not trying to belittle his history. I know he went through some really bad shit. But so have a lot of other NFL players. Where are their movies?
Just trying to put it all in perspective.

And my hatred for the Ravens knows no bounds. :tt02:

If Oher wasn't really, really good nor humble, then players would probably get aggravated, but he is both.

Fire Haley
11-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I would rather not make the playoffs.

Finally, something we can all agree on.

Losing to Indy and the Steelers should end the matter.