PDA

View Full Version : Would a Liquored Up Reed Play Better?

1st&Goal
11-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I just exchanged emails with a friend of mine who made the following comment: " I believe that he shows more courage against the Pittsburgh City Police then he does in trying to tackle someone in the open field. "

So I ask you, would a liquored up Reed play better? Perhaps he would then show more courage when trying to tackle. Better still, perhaps if they placed a shot glass on the goal line before kickoffs and told him "If you can hit it you can drink it."
Maybe this would improve his game.

Disclaimer: The above comments are strictly tongue in cheek and meant for entertainment purposes only!!

steeltheone
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Atleast slow the guy down!

MACH1
11-16-2009, 11:29 AM
http://forums.techpowerup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25826&stc=1&d=1242408245

Merchant
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm sick of this guy and his cowardly play. Deon Sander's laughed at him when he saw him 'attempt' to make that tackle.

Seriously, WTF WAS THAT?

I thought the tackle attempt on Harvin was pathetic. Atleast that time he laid a hand on him. This time he just strolled passed him like he was going for a walk in the park.

Can anyone else say, contract extension denied?

fansince'76
11-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Deon Sander's laughed at him when he saw him 'attempt' to make that tackle.

Ironic, considering that "Prime Time" was arguably the biggest puss to ever don a helmet and pads in NFL history.

On a side note, perhaps if the other 10 guys on the KO coverage team could do their fricking jobs, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

And I got 10 bucks that says the people squawking the loudest about Reed's lack of tackling ability will also be the ones bitching the loudest if they get their wish and we wind up with another Kris Brown or Todd Peterson for a PK.

SteelerEmpire
11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Ha Ha..... Reed is amazing...... :sofunny:

GBMelBlount
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
We are assuming that he currently plays sober, right?

1st&Goal
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
We are assuming that he currently plays sober, right?

:rofl:

Merchant
11-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Ironic, considering that "Prime Time" was arguably the biggest puss to ever don a helmet and pads in NFL history.

On a side note, perhaps if the other 10 guys on the KO coverage team could do their fricking jobs, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

And I got 10 bucks that says the people squawking the loudest about Reed's lack of tackling ability will also be the ones bitching the loudest if they get their wish and we wind up with another Kris Brown or Todd Peterson for a PK.

We talking about Sanders or Deangelo Hall?

And what are you saying, that if you worked in the FO you would give a contract extension to a kicker who is having off the field issues, has already missed a few clutch kicks this season (*cough* bears game *cough*), and won't even make the slightest effort to make a tackle on a kickoff? Not to mention that his kickoff distance is suspect? Considering that the money against our salary cap could otherwise be used to re-signing players like Santonio Holmes?

FacemeIke
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
He gets paid to kick field goals, not tackle. I bet he hasn't even attempted one tackle in a practice all season. Reed trying to tackle is like any of us going out there and trying to tackle. Sure, I feel like I'd make a better effort, but I'm also sure its not all that easy to do when you're only called to do it once or twice a year.

BlastFurnace
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
He gets paid to kick field goals, not tackle. I bet he hasn't even attempted one tackle in a practice all season. Reed trying to tackle is like any of us going out there and trying to tackle. Sure, I feel like I'd make a better effort, but I'm also sure its not all that easy to do when you're only called to do it once or twice a year.

The problem with that is there are kickers out there that would make atleast a little effort. We all know Reed isn't paid to tackle, but he atleast could have stood in front of Scott and tried to slow him down.

rbryan
11-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm more concerned about his kickoffs only reaching the 20 most of the time. IMO thats the root of the problem to begin with. I'm assuming they would have let Sep try his hand in practice to see if he can get more distance. I don't see how he could be any shorter than Reed. We already know he can tackle better as well.

Most kickers look like a fish out of water when attempting a tackle.

Merchant
11-16-2009, 01:10 PM

Man, that's just soft. My first year in High School, gr.9, we had a varsity team so I wasn't good enough/big enough yet to start anywhere other than kicker since I had a lot of soccer background. And I remember my VERY FIRST kickoff the returner cut back across the field and all that was left to stop him was me. Was I scared? A little.. but all I could think about was, if I don't stop him, he's gonna score and I'm gonna let my team down. So I just dove in front of him and tripped him up enough for him to fall down. That's all I'm asking from Reed.. think about YOUR TEAM and not YOURSELF and atleast MAKE AN EFFORT.. christ..

4xSBChamps
11-16-2009, 01:15 PM

"..... rigth you are, Cotton.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/JasonBatemanDodgeball.jpg

..... on both counts!!!!!"

stlrtruck
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
"..... rigth you are, Cotton.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/JasonBatemanDodgeball.jpg

..... on both counts!!!!!"

Nice pull on the dodge ball movie!

1st&Goal
11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm more concerned about his kickoffs only reaching the 20 most of the time. IMO thats the root of the problem to begin with. I'm assuming they would have let Sep try his hand in practice to see if he can get more distance. I don't see how he could be any shorter than Reed. We already know he can tackle better as well..

I agree. This is so frustrating. :banging:

Thus, the shot glass....................

rich4eagle
11-16-2009, 03:01 PM
:applaudit:I got chastized for two lead thread in recent weeks bringing up the same points. I do hope our beloved Steeler fans do understand the guy who kicks off...........has two jobs

1. Kick the ball to the designated spot.

2. When all hell breaks loose do the best you can to stop the other team from scoring!

JEFF REED HAS FAILED MISERABLY more in job two

:tt::tt04::tt03::tt02:

I understand our leader has a thing about this

But to me winning is the thing..................and Jeff Reed makes a lot of money and his recent pathetic efforts on kick returns...........DEEMS WE NEED SOMEONE ELSE KICKING OFF...........a football player maybe?:coffee:

X-Terminator
11-16-2009, 03:04 PM
From the Department of Redundancy Department...

Time to send this thread to the Internet Graveyard.

Indo
11-16-2009, 03:18 PM

" I sure do like pumpkins, Cotton..."

BTW, Reed did assist on a tackle yesterday

He over-pursued the one that was run back...but he did make a tackle later in the game...

HometownGal
11-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Obviously we have some people who can't read around here. :banging: This freakin' topic has been beaten to absolute DEATH and anymore threads on this ongoing saga that never ends will be deleted.