PDA

View Full Version : An Observation

Indo
11-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Did anyone else notice that Ben did not seem to be focused? Every time the camera showed him on the sideline he seemed as if his thoughts were elsewhere. Now, I'm not saying that I could ever tell what someone else was thinking at at any given time, I'm just saying that he usually looks like he has fire in his eyes when he's standing on the sideline---just begging someone to "Hold me back!". But yesterday, just a blank stare, chewin' his fingernails. Like he was pre-occupied with something else.
His game showed that to be the case....

Angina
11-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Yes!! I saw the same thing and noted it in an earlier post on a previous thread.

BlastFurnace
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't know if he wasn't focused. It was just a bad game. The entire offense had no rhythm. It was a weird gameplan. The last drive of the game was dreadful...and that was the way the entire offense looked.

Angina
11-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't know if he wasn't focused. It was just a bad game. The entire offense had no rhythm. It was a weird gameplan. The last drive of the game was dreadful...and that was the way the entire offense looked.

You're right, but I saw him in pregame warmups and got the same impression. :noidea:

TackleMeBen
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
maybe he recieved some kind of unpleasant news before the game

SteelerEmpire
11-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Yea.... it was written all over his face. Hines also, as well as a few other players. It translated into the end result.
There's and old saing that goes, "Your only as good as you are between your own two ears"....
I submit that "several" players (it seemed to be on offense only.... we already knew about special teams) did not come into this game mentally prepared.... and we all know what happens when you try to do "anything" unprepared !!!!

Its like whoever was responsible for getting them prepared /practice.... did not do their job.....

Yea.... that "look" that Ben gave.... I've seen it a million times in the ring when I was around the Boxing world.... the guy that walked into the ring with that "I'm not really into this" or "I'm afraid look" or "I'm intimidated look " ALWAYS looses..... almost 100% of the time..... NOT GOOD !!

AllD
11-16-2009, 02:18 PM
BB was throwing everything above the receivers. No trademark sliding catches anywhere. BA cannot make the throws, but he can make adjustments such as a run with the guard pulling or short dumps into the flat to get some rhythm going.

Seems everybody was off except for most of the defense and the kicking game.

They are better than that and they should come out next game much better. Looked like the media got to them. It is getting to me right now. If I hear one more "who dey" I think I'm gonna puke. The Ravens have more class than the bungles and the Ravens have NO class.

At least we still have a shot to win the division if we sweep the Ravens. If not, then we are looking at a wild card.

revefsreleets
11-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Worst I've seen Ben look in two years.

And I'm reading here that it's all Arians fault?

Oooooookaaaaaaaay.......

He'll bounce back next week, we'll win 5 of the next 6 and head into the playoffs 12-4. We'll be just fine.

Indo
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I have us at 12-4 also
Figure we split with the Ratbirds

43Hitman
11-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I have us at 12-4 also
Figure we split with the Ratbirds

I hope we don't split with the Ravens..We need to up that streak to 5 in a row. :wink02:

tony hipchest
11-16-2009, 04:42 PM
maybe he recieved some kind of unpleasant news before the game
yeah, like the game plan was to pass it 100% more than run. :hunch:

markymarc
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Even the great QBs have bad games once in awhile. Ben will regroup and get our mojo back again offensively :tt02:

solardave
11-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Worst I've seen Ben look in two years.

And I'm reading here that it's all Arians fault?

Oooooookaaaaaaaay.......

He'll bounce back next week, we'll win 5 of the next 6 and head into the playoffs 12-4. We'll be just fine.

Sure Ben was playing bad but I didn't see anything wrong with Mendenhal. Do you mean that Arians couldn't take the pressure off of Ben and run the DAMN ball. Why not try the no huddle, maybe shake the funk Ben was in.

SMR
11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Sure Ben was playing bad but I didn't see anything wrong with Mendenhal. Do you mean that Arians couldn't take the pressure off of Ben and run the DAMN ball. Why not try the no huddle, maybe shake the funk Ben was in.

My thoughts exactly!
:noidea:

SteelGhost
11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
I've noticed that too, but not only in Ben's face, I saw Reed, Hines and Starks with a "worried" face, could it be due to Troy's re-injure :noidea: just sayin'

They played bad in the 3 phases, plain and simple, I'm not worried though. If they enter the playoffs as wildcards, I'll be fine :tt02:

On the other hand, the bungles weren't impressive either, they just beat us with one ST play.

devilsdancefloor
11-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Something was going on with all of them. He did have his helmet on talking to the oline or nothing hell he had that far wawy look about him everytime they showed him on the sidelines. I didnt (well i dont remember trying to block out most of the game) see him even looking at the photos with charlie on the side line ...

stillers4me
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Something was going on with all of them. He did have his helmet on talking to the oline or nothing hell he had that far wawy look about him everytime they showed him on the sidelines. I didnt (well i dont remember trying to block out most of the game) see him even looking at the photos with charlie on the side line ...

Now that you mention it, something did seem off about their demeanor yesterday.

On the other hand, the bungles weren't impressive either, they just beat us with one ST play.

What?????? That's not what I heard all day. :jerkit:

SteelGhost
11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Now that you mention it, something did seem off about their demeanor yesterday.

What?????? That's not what I heard all day. :jerkit:

Yeah, but you live in the "who dey hell" and to the Bungles fans ... well they THINK they were impressive .... just by the 2 great Chad-Douche-Cinco catches :chuckle: and Cartoon's 4 more yards passing than Ben's :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but you live in the "who dey hell" and to the Bungles fans ... well they THINK they were impressive .... just by the 2 great Chad-Douche-Cinco catches :chuckle: and Cartoon's 4 more yards passing than Ben's :chuckle:

Domination, baby.

tony hipchest
11-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Sure Ben was playing bad but I didn't see anything wrong with Mendenhal. Do you mean that Arians couldn't take the pressure off of Ben and run the DAMN ball. Why not try the no huddle, maybe shake the funk Ben was in.if a deep bomb is called on every 3rd and 5, 3rd and 4, 3rd and 3, 3rd and 2 in a single game, it is up to the players to execute it.

didnt you know? bill belichicks call to go for it on his own 28 was a brilliant call. his players just didnt execute.

all coaches should go for it on 4th down every time. after all, they cant shoulder any blame if the players dont execute. :noidea:

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey, you know, this cuts both ways...the BA haters always want to point out how big of a role Ben has in the playcalling when we WIN, well, you gotta take it like you dish it when we lose.

Ben could have audibled at the line and called more runs...this is partially his fault, too. In fact, he MAY (I don't know, just taking a stab here) have been running more pass plays because he was trying to get into some kind of rhythm that was eluding him.

TackleMeBen
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey, you know, this cuts both ways...the BA haters always want to point out how big of a role Ben has in the playcalling when we WIN, well, you gotta take it like you dish it when we lose.

Ben could have audibled at the line and called more runs...this is partially his fault, too. In fact, he MAY (I don't know, just taking a stab here) have been running more pass plays because he was trying to get into some kind of rhythm that was eluding him.
that is a very excellent point.