PDA

View Full Version : bengals to sign larry johnson later today

tony hipchest
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
as per espn and sirius radio.

insurance incase c. bensons hip injury keeps acting up and has him missing time. looks like the bengals arent gonna let anything derail what they have accomplished to this point at any cost. wow.

thug life!

Indo
11-16-2009, 03:06 PM
And so it (the inevitable slide down off the mountain) begins...

43Hitman
11-16-2009, 03:19 PM
And so it (the inevitable slide down off the mountain) begins...

Lmao..with him and COC in the same locker room..I told ya folks, they would find their banana peel.:sofunny: In this case though, they not only sought the banana peel, they paid for it! :toofunny:

Indo
11-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Lmao..with him and COC in the same locker room..I told ya folks, they would find their banana peel.:sofunny: In this case though, they not only sought the banana peel, they paid for it! :toofunny:

:rofl:

Maybe Larry Johnson will change his last name, too

Steel_12
11-16-2009, 03:33 PM
as per espn and sirius radio.

insurance incase c. bensons hip injury keeps acting up and has him missing time. looks like the bengals arent gonna let anything derail what they have accomplished to this point at any cost. wow.

thug life!

Larry Johnson is far from a thug

Christian Snyder
11-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Oh no...... This makes the Bengals running game that much better.:banging::banging:

tony hipchest
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM

sarcasm. bitchslappin hos in da club does not a thug make.

btw, arent we still waiting for c. benson to be a horrible bungle signing and lead them to further ruin? :tap:

memphissteelergirl
11-16-2009, 03:46 PM

No...he just tends to have diarrhea of the mouth.

Steel_12
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
sarcasm. bitchslappin hos in da club does not a thug make.

btw, arent we still waiting for c. benson to be a horrible bungle signing and lead them to further ruin? :tap:

lol I figured it was. Hopefully LJ can lead them to further ruin but I doubt it since they're a winning team now.

KeiselPower99
11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
:rofl:

Maybe Larry Johnson will change his last name, too

Larry Dose Siete dosent sound all that good.

stillers4me
11-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Johnson has been arrested four times since 2003 on various assault charges against women. In 2003, he was arrested for felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun at his then-girlfriend, during an argument at his home. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was again arrested for assault when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped after the alleged victim failed to appear in court for three different hearings.

His third arrest for assault came on February 24, 2008, after allegedly pushing a woman's head at a nightclub that night.[22] On October 10, 2008, Johnson was arrested for the fourth time and charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on October 11.[23] The woman involved, Ashley Stewart, has since filed a civil suit against Johnson, accusing him of negligence, assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress.[24]

It was announced on October 16, 2008 that Johnson would be deactivated for the October 19 game against the Tennessee Titans in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.[25] The team said his suspension for this game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.

On October 27, 2009, the Chiefs "instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities" for his Twitter comments on Chiefs head coach Todd Haley and reportedly using gay slurs when he addressed the media.[13] Because of his comments, Johnson encountered backlash from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.[14] Johnson's twitter comments were: "My father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches." That was followed by: "My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans". Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn."[15] Johnson's tweets were responded by fans, one tweet including a reference to the nightclub incident. Johnson's response used the word "fag". The final post read: "Make me regret it. Lmao. U don't stop my checks. Lmao. So 'tweet' away."[15]

Johnson said about the incidents,

"“First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday. I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate."[13]
On October 28, 2009, the Chiefs suspended Johnson until November 9 for "conduct detrimental to the club."[16] They ultimately agreed to a deal with his agent, Peter Schaffer, in which he would only lose one game check ($300,000).[17]

At the time of the suspension, Johnson was only 75 yards from passing Priest Holmes as the franchise's all-time leading rusher. This angered several fans, who started a petition demanding that the Chiefs either deactivate, release or waive him. The petition said that Johnson "has never represented anything close to the values that we have for our Chiefs" and thus didn't deserve the record. [18]

On November 9, the day Johnson was due to return from his suspension, the Chiefs waived him. Reportedly, the final straw for Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli was yet another tweet in which Johnson belittled a fan for making less money than him. Johnson's agent, Schaffer, issued the following statement:

"A part of him is excited and a part of him is very regretful. There's a lot of feelings going on right now. It's analogous to breaking up with a girlfriend. Maybe you saw it coming, but it still hurts when it happens."[17]
He cleared waivers at 4 pm EST on November 10, 2009, and became an unrestricted free agent.

In March 2009 Johnson pleaded guilty to the two incidents in 2008 and was sentenced to two years probation.[26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_(American_football)

Is Twitter big enough for two Johnsons?

The story of the Bengals..........When you start throwing shit against a wall, eventually some of it will stick. But it's doesn't take long for the stench to overpower you.

Angus Burgher
11-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Well, the Bengals are used to signing guys with criminal records, so this is no surprise.

Hopefully though, he'll be the cancer that makes the organization implode before the end of the season.

Steelboy84
11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
No...he just tends to have diarrhea of the mouth.

:rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He fits in "well" with Cincy.

:rofl: :rofl: :chuckle:

klick81
11-17-2009, 09:50 AM
The convict signing is not a suprise at all. Having said that, Larry Johnson is a threat on the field and IMO, this team just got even better.

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Well, with Marv Lewis' tough disciplinary policies, I figure Johnson has at least 8 more arrests before he faces any serious kind of action.

Good fit!

RoethlisBURGHer
11-17-2009, 10:28 AM
I think LJ has lost it to be honest. I don't think he's even half the back he was a few years ago. This isn't going to go well for the Bengals at all. Especially if Benson comes back and Johnson loses the carries he was getting....LJ will throw a hand grenade in the locker room.

His talent (whatever is left of it) obviously isn't worth the headaches that he causes for a team, otherwise the Chiefs wouldn't have let him go.