PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Were 6-3 at this EXACT Time Last Year...!!!

SteelerEmpire
11-16-2009, 06:06 PM
We lost to the Colts in Week 9 (making us 6-3)..... then we won the next 6 of 7 games.... and then in the playoffs and the SB.....
5 of our remaining 7 opponents had winning records in 2008 (and pretty good ones)....
Of our remaining 7 opponents this year, NONE of them has a winning record....

The last remaining question: are the Steelers gonna show up to play !?!? :noidea:

Do they want to !?!?!? :noidea:

Gnutella
11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Of our remaining 7 opponents this year, NONE of them has a winning record...

Not true. The Packers are now 5-4, and the Ravens are about to be 5-4.

We still need to win out, though, and hope that the Bengals lose to the Vikings and Chargers.

SteelerEmpire
11-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Not true. The Packers are now 5-4, and the Ravens are about to be 5-4.

We still need to win out, though, and hope that the Bengals lose to the Vikings and Chargers.
Yea the Pack did pull off that one against the Cows yesterday eve.... If the Bengals lose to the Vikes, Chargers, and lose an additional one that's an upset.... well that'll be good.... esp. if we have the motivation to win the next 7.....

KeiselPower99
11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Sky is falling.......that is a good point though.

HometownGal
11-16-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm not pushing the panic button and as much as I want to see the Steelers hoisting their 7th Lombardi this season, if it aint in the cards this year then so be it. With the talent on this team (both starters and starters in the making), a phenomenal HC and a FO and scouting team who recognize talent better than anyone in the business, I think we have a lot to be excited about for quite some time. :thumbsup:

Hammer Of The GODS
11-16-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm not pushing the panic button and as much as I want to see the Steelers hoisting their 7th Lombardi this season, if it aint in the cards this year then so be it. With the talent on this team (both starters and starters in the making), a phenomenal HC and a FO and scouting team who recognize talent better than anyone in the business, I think we have a lot to be excited about for quite some time. :thumbsup:

Post of the year right there! Damn! It can't be topped!

Texasteel
11-16-2009, 09:07 PM
We have had a brilliant past, we have a bright future, and when you get past the OMG the sky is falling the present isn't that bad. This year is far from over.

Eztarget
11-16-2009, 09:12 PM
The Bengals have two tough games left (SD on the road and Vikings on the road) the rest of their schedule is soft.

We need to almost win out to get the division since they have the tiebreaker.

NEPAsteeler
11-16-2009, 09:56 PM
It's all up to the Steelers. They have to WANT to show up the remaining 7 weeks. I have the upmost confidence they will! :tt03:

iloveben7
11-16-2009, 11:42 PM

:tt02:
It's not always going to be our year, but we're not throwing the towel in on this one just yet.
We have an amazing team and a lot to be proud of excited for for many years to come.

iloveben7
11-16-2009, 11:43 PM
It's all up to the Steelers. They have to WANT to show up the remaining 7 weeks. I have the upmost confidence they will! :tt03:

same here

SteelC7
11-17-2009, 12:19 AM
to win the division the we would have to win out and the bungles would have to lose to the vikes and chargers, which they will, but we wont win out, the bungles wil most likely win the division by 1 game, unless they have a classic bungle meltdown, which is always possible

Steelers & I
11-17-2009, 12:54 AM
By the way, it isn't necessary for the Steelers to win the division in order to make the playoffs. I know that everyone realizes this but I felt that I would throw it out there since most of the talk has been about how many games that the Bengals must lose in order for the Steelers to win the division. The Steelers basically have a lock on a wild card spot. There's no shame in that you know? It's time to stop worrying about the Bengals. The Steelers need to focus on, and correct, their own problems.

How about 2005 all over again? At that time the Colts had the best record in the AFC, same as this year, The Bengals won the dvision, might happen again, the Steelers go in as a wild card, definitely a wild card, the division is still a possibility, and the Steelers win the Super Bowl. I'll take that. :thumbsup:

Vis
11-17-2009, 04:27 AM
this team doesn't have the same feel as last year, but still it's not time to panic we are right in this thing

They didn't have the feel last year either. They just won the playoff games. They could do that this year. No one spoke about "feel" after the TN game last year.

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Actually, I think the bitching and pissing and whining and moaning was a slight bit WORSE at this point last year...so that's something good, i guess...

Giovanni
11-17-2009, 02:49 PM

My concern is that after this season, we have a number of free agents that most certainly will not return because we can't pay all of these guys. Of course, it may become very interesting if 2010 is an uncapped season. This team was perfectly set up to really make a run at a 7th Super Bowl. It is damn hard to repeat and even harder as a wildcard team. To do it twice as a wildcard in 5 years is a tall order.