PDA

View Full Version : Being 600 miles away...

DoctorCAD
11-16-2009, 07:01 PM
...and having to explain every Steeler loss sucks.

It's like we never lose a game.

95% of the people around these parts could give a rats ass about pro football, there never was, is and never will be anything as glorious as a Clemson football team filled with Gods of The Sport. They may lose, but only because they want to.

But they all need me to tell them what Pittsburgh did wrong.

I bring it on myself, wearing one of my many Steeler shirts to work today. I say We lost, we didn't play well, Bengals played better.

No excuses.

P.S. Clemson fans are 1000x worse than Ravens fans. And most of them can't drive worth a flip.

HometownGal
11-16-2009, 07:05 PM
...and having to explain every Steeler loss sucks.

It's like we never lose a game.

95% of the people around these parts could give a rats ass about pro football, there never was, is and never will be anything as glorious as a Clemson football team filled with Gods of The Sport. They may lose, but only because they want to.

But they all need me to tell them what Pittsburgh did wrong.

I bring it on myself, wearing one of my many Steeler shirts to work today. I say We lost, we didn't play well, Bengals played better.

No excuses.

P.S. Clemson fans are 1000x worse than Ravens fans. And most of them can't drive worth a flip.

Holy shit Doc - is that you posting a thread? :jawdrop: :wink:

I can't say I feel your pain because I live in a Burgh 'burb but I have a couple of friends who aren't Steelers fans because they are transplanted Pittsburghers who hold allegiance to other NFL teams. When they give me the business about the Steelers losing, I simply hold up 6 fingers and they get the message loud and clear . . . most times. :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-16-2009, 07:44 PM

I can't say I feel your pain because I live in a Burgh 'burb but I have a couple of friends who aren't Steelers fans because they are transplanted Pittsburghers who hold allegiance to other NFL teams. When they give me the business about the Steelers losing, I simply hold up 6 fingers and they get the message loud and clear . . . most times. :chuckle:

I mention 6 trophies to bungles fans they just say they don't care about the past. So I say OK, today, we are stil the defending Superbowl champs and your not.

6 fingers don't work either, but one does. :wink02:

DoctorCAD
11-16-2009, 07:51 PM

Yea, its me.

6 fingers doesn't really mean anything to these people. They just don't get pro football.

My favorite reply when the ask "What's wrong with the Steelers?" is...You have it wrong...It's "What's wrong with THE DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Steelers?"

That usually keeps them from asking.

Man, I miss living in he Burgh.

HometownGal
11-16-2009, 08:04 PM

Bwa ha ha ha!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well - most Bungles fans can't count to 6. :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I mention 6 trophies to bungles fans they just say they don't care about the past. So I say OK, today, we are stil the defending Superbowl champs and your not.

Is that you Bud Adams? :wink02::thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
11-16-2009, 08:13 PM
I was invited to a sports-bar yesterday, to watch various games on their big-screen TV sets with friends, here in central Floriduh:
most everybody is transient, so we werer torn between watching Buffalo, Minnesota, and the local Buccaneers, while I tried concentrating on watchin' 'em Stillers

SCREW-DAT, Grand-Pa..... I'll watch by myself at a local joint, so I can watch 'em Stillers at my own pace.

Texasteel
11-16-2009, 08:34 PM

Yea, I was going to ask her which finger she used as #6.