PDA

View Full Version : ST move

devilsdancefloor
11-16-2009, 08:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4661852

The Pittsburgh Steelers informed linebacker Arnold Harrison Monday that he will be released on Tuesday to make room for linebacker Donovan Woods, according to a source.

Harrison has been with the Steelers for four seasons and has been one of the team's better special teams players. He's played 28 games over the past three years, including two starts. The 6-3, 241-pound linebacker was undrafted in 2005.

Woods is currently on the Steelers' practice squad.

I liked what i have seen out of woods. to be honest i have never been to impressed with A. Harrison!

KeiselPower99
11-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I liked Arnold. He worked through the knee injuries and was a solid St for us. Im suprised by this but Woods was pretty good last year when he played. Lets see what happens this week.

Texasteel
11-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I liked Arnold. He worked through the knee injuries and was a solid St for us. Im suprised by this but Woods was pretty good last year when he played. Lets see what happens this week.

I was pretty impressed by Woods in training camp. I think it was only a matter of time.

Eztarget
11-16-2009, 10:10 PM
I was just watching the Monday Night Football halftime highlights and a Bengal clearly tackled one of our guys right as their kick returner made his "cut" back. That play should have been flagged ... oh well.

stillers4me
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I was just watching the Monday Night Football halftime highlights and a Bengal clearly tackled one of our guys right as their kick returner made his "cut" back. That play should have been flagged ... oh well.

I think there's been a hold on every single kick return against us this year. I guess they don't count on kick returns. :noidea:

KeiselPower99
11-16-2009, 10:14 PM

Exactly!!!!!!!!

markymarc
11-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Well that is 1 move in trying to improve our special teams coverage. Actually I was very surprised when we did cut Donovan Woods before the regular season began. I think him getting hurt in the Panthers game is what put him on the cut list. Let's see what he can do on Sunday.