PDA

View Full Version : Source: Steelers to release A. Harrison

Big7BenHOF
11-16-2009, 10:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4661852

The Pittsburgh Steelers informed linebacker Arnold Harrison Monday that he will be released on Tuesday to make room for linebacker Donovan Woods, according to a source.

Harrison has been with the Steelers for four seasons and has been one of the team's better special teams players. He's played 28 games over the past three years, including two starts. The 6-3, 241-pound linebacker was undrafted in 2005.

Woods is currently on the Steelers' practice squad.

Shea
11-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Looks like Tomlin is trying to fix our issues on special teams. I'm guessing Donovan brings some talent in that area.

I would like to see Tomlin put Harrison and Keisel back on ST coverage plays though, atleast temporarily.

I've read that Harrison is one of the first guys in and one of the last guys out of the team facilities and puts in insane work in the gym. And Keisel is a high motor no quit kind of player. I don't think adding either to our ST will wear them down, or cause fatigue issues that would effect their play on defense.

I say do it so they show the rest of the guys how it's done and to infuse some passion back into our ST units. Both have been demons in the past in that area, and it will help in an area that is killing us right now.

vindrow
11-16-2009, 10:54 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=42061

Galax Steeler
11-17-2009, 03:29 AM
If Harrison has been one of the better special teams players then why are they getting rid of him.:noidea:

solardave
11-17-2009, 04:12 AM
If Harrison has been one of the better special teams players then why are they getting rid of him.:noidea:

I'd say because we haven't heard his name called lately for making any tackles. Hell, we haven't heard any names called more than once. I say shake it up. Someone wants to play STs.

Steely McSmash
11-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Perhaps we could get someone in to take McDonald's WR spot as a ST ace.

The way I see it he's insurance against Sweed or Wallace being able to contribute. Since Wallace has turned it on, maybe we could get the next Sean Morey type in here?

Another potential move would be to put K. Lewis on IR and put another ST DB guy on the team.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2009, 12:23 PM
They could release Patrick Bailey too for all the impact he has made on ST this year. If Woods is healthy, he is an upgrade on kick coverage.

Sharkissle29
11-17-2009, 12:27 PM
i knew losing anthony madison was big....

supa_fly_steeler
11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
The only time i heard of arnold harrison was on madden LOL. i think donovan is a pretty good linebacker, im excited to see him step up and make some plays on special teams.

FacemeIke
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
I'd rather see Bailey go. I never see him in on ST tackles and is further down the LB depth chart then Harrison

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
i knew losing anthony madison was big....

Yeah, didnt the Browns cut him too?? Everybody thinks losing 5th string players is huge, but I bet if Madison was on the cover team, that TD still gets scored. Problems are bigger than 1 person..........its attitude, scheme and want-to.