Baltimore North 5-4-0
Houston South 5-4-0
Miami East 4-5-0
N.Y. Jets East 4-5-0
Tennessee South 3-6-0

tennessee still has a shot

OneForTheToe
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
San Diego is going to win the West. I don't even think Denver is going to get a Wild Card. Put a fork in them they are done.

tomiesteel
11-17-2009, 02:24 PM
San Diego is going to win the West. I don't even think Denver is going to get a Wild Card. Put a fork in them they are done.

jacksonville has an easy schedule left they could sneek in

the do have indy and new england if they win out and lose those that would put them at 10-6

OneForTheToe
11-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I expect the two Wild Cards to come from among Pitt, Cinci, Houston and Jacksonvillie. The Ravens have too tough a schedule. Now if they would beat the Colts next week I might revise. Denver could hold on for a WC, but I really see them losing four more games. The Jets and Miami won't make much noise either. After all, they are in the cheetriots division, and we know by order of the Comish they can provide only minimal competition.

Steelboy84
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
We're 6-3, but only 5th in the AFC. Wow.

Never thought I'd be saying that right now.

Preacher
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
What I want to see...

Colts-
Pats- First round byes

Bengals and San Diego- (or Denver, if they can turn it around).

Steelers and Ravens WC.

wild card round, Steelers play Bengals (Denver holds tie breaker, Bengals have to lose one more game to make it work. They play SD in a couple of weeks, so this is VERY possible...they also play the vikes, which means it is VERY VERY possible...even possible that we arrest the AFCN from them). Ravens play San Diego or Denver.

AFC divisional round, Steelers play Pats* Ravens play Colts.

AFCCG STeelers v Ravens, part II.

SB- Steelers v ____________

That, I would LOVE. Destroy the hopes of our AFCN rivals AGAIN.... and ALSO beating the patriots* since they won't be using video tape this time.

stillers4me
11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
That, I would LOVE. Destroy the hopes of our AFCN rivals AGAIN.... and ALSO beating the patriots* since they won't be using video tape this time.

I would love to knock the Bengals out of the playoffs again. I'd rather take crap for that than listen to what I've been listening to for the last month. They are dishing it out really thick, and you just know that the next time we shatter their pathetic little world, they won't be able to take it like they dished it out.

I shall begin the ritual sacrifices immediately.

jjpro11
11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
it's nice to at least have the tie breaker over both the Chargers and Broncos if it comes to that.

Crow-Magnon
11-17-2009, 07:41 PM
What I want to see...

Colts-
Pats- First round byes

Bengals and San Diego- (or Denver, if they can turn it around).

Steelers and Ravens WC.

wild card round, Steelers play Bengals (Denver holds tie breaker, Bengals have to lose one more game to make it work. They play SD in a couple of weeks, so this is VERY possible...they also play the vikes, which means it is VERY VERY possible...even possible that we arrest the AFCN from them). Ravens play San Diego or Denver.

AFC divisional round, Steelers play Pats* Ravens play Colts.

AFCCG STeelers v Ravens, part II.

SB- Steelers v ____________

I'll take it!

chucoblack&gold
11-17-2009, 11:14 PM
looking forward to seeing the Steelers play in Miami on February 7th :tt04::tt02:

SoCalFan
11-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I just want to see the bungholes in the playoffs!Those fans think the tides have turned?I just tell them to win a playoff game,let alone a Superbowl!

Galax Steeler
11-18-2009, 03:33 AM
We are talking wild card here. I am not ready to take a wildcard we still have a shot at the north. There is still alot of football to be played.

StainlessStill
11-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Believe it or not, I might go as far to say the Steelers will win the division! I see us losing no more than one more game this season, 2 at the maximum. I expect us to split with Baltimore judging by how the way both teams play the brand of football. It's ALWAYS tough with those guys, regardless of record.

Green Bay, and Miami are joker games. You just DON'T know what team you're going to get, thus making them dangerous. Hopefully by the 16th game, we are at least guaranteed a playoff spot, first and foremost. I don't want it coming down to Miami, but we could go undefeated the rest of the way.

I have a feeling Cinci has at least 3 games left in them to lose, but I expect them to lose two the rest of the way, but the feeling is still there that they could indeed slip up.

They have two back to back tough challenges on the road, in consecutive weeks. That's @ Minny, and @ SD, both to where I think they lose. Also, the Jets could knock them off a peg and don't give up on an Oakland or a Cleveland believe it or not.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, but if the Steelers either win out, or lose only 1, which is possible, I can see us win this thing.

fansince'76
11-18-2009, 08:34 AM
We are talking wild card here. I am not ready to take a wildcard we still have a shot at the north. There is still alot of football to be played.

Exactly. NOTHING has been decided yet.

Edman
11-18-2009, 09:09 AM
The most we lost from the Bengals game is a tiebreaker. We have a chance at the division, but we're going to have to beat the Bengals in overall record.

The Bengals are 5-0 against the division, but they still aren't running away with the North. Just like us last year. We went 6-0 against the North, but the Ravens were still all over our asses all season. Nothing is guaranteed in the AFC North.

SteelersGirlTN7
11-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Also, if I'm not mistaken... we don't have to worry about the AFC-W teams taking our WC spot, unless we somehow finish with a worse record ...

Don't get me wrong, I still see us having a chance to take the division... but since we beat both Denver AND San Diego... whoever doesn't win the division probably won't get the WC either if we end up a wild card.

Right now though, I'm just thinking win out and we don't have to worry about all that! :-)

Preacher
11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Exactly. NOTHING has been decided yet.

I wouldn't go that far. With the Bungles winning both games against us, they have taken a decisive advantage in the AFCN. We are essentially two games back with 7 games to go. The Bungles have games against Minnesota and San Diego, both of which are potential losses. The rest, Browns, Raiders, Lions and Chiefs, are going to be a stretch for them to lose (though anything surely is possible).

On the other hand, we will have to win out. Not that tough to do, but we do have a game against Green Bay and two games against the Ravens (who always play us tough).

Can we still win the AFCN? Absolutely. But we need a lot of help now. I'd say chances are 3 in 10 that we make it as AFCN Champs. 4 in 5 that we make it in the top WC spot.

SteelersinCA
11-18-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm hoping if we get a wild card I will get to see the Steelers play here in sunny SD!!!

Steelboy84
11-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't go that far. With the Bungles winning both games against us, they have taken a decisive advantage in the AFCN. We are essentially two games back with 7 games to go. The Bungles have games against Minnesota and San Diego, both of which are potential losses. The rest, Browns, Raiders, Lions and Chiefs, are going to be a stretch for them to lose (though anything surely is possible).

On the other hand, we will have to win out. Not that tough to do, but we do have a game against Green Bay and two games against the Ravens (who always play us tough).

Can we still win the AFCN? Absolutely. But we need a lot of help now. I'd say chances are 3 in 10 that we make it as AFCN Champs. 4 in 5 that we make it in the top WC spot.

I think the Jets have a shot at beating them too. They have to go to NY. I see the Bungals finishing 11-5 and us 12-4 or 13-3.

:thumbsup:

markymarc
11-20-2009, 12:31 PM
At worse we take a wild card spot, but anything can happen over the final 7 games. I am not ruling out taking the AFC North division until we are mathematically out from it happening. I would love nothing more than to face the Bungles again in the playoffs.