PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday with Tomlin-Polamalu update

mesaSteeler
11-17-2009, 06:54 PM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Tuesday with Tomlin-Polamalu update
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Mike Tomlin said the injury to All-Pro strong safety Troy Polamalu is not as serious as the team feared when he left Sunday's loss to Cincinnati.

Tomlin said Tuesday that Polamalu's injury is a PCL strain as opposed to a re-injury to the MCL that forced him to miss four games earlier this season.

"Troy's status for this game is questionable, at best," said Tomlin as the Steelers prepare to play at Kansas City Sunday. "Although we have had some favorable information in regards to where he is from a health standpoint. We're going to take it day-to-day with him."

In other injury-related news, Tomlin said defensive end Travis Kirschke will work in individual drills Wednesday, as will fullback Carey Davis.

Both have missed the past two games, Kirschke with a calf injury, Davis with a hamstring pull.

The Steelers have also signed linebacker Donovan Woods from their practice squad, releasing linebacker Arnold Harrison.

Woods is expected to help the team's kickoff coverage problems.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 12:08 PM 4 comments Links to this post

klick81
11-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm glad Troy didn't try to play through the pain. This could have been much worse had he tried to be a hero.

AllD
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I saw Troy limping off the field and into the tunnel to the locker room. A little kid walked up to him and offered Troy his bottle of Head & Shoulders.

stillers4me
11-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I saw Troy limping off the field and into the tunnel to the locker room. A little kid walked up to him and offered Troy his bottle of Head & Shoulders.

I hope Troy didn't tackle the poor kid. :chuckle:

AllD
11-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I hope Troy didn't tackle the poor kid. :chuckle:

He said, "thanks kid" and threw him his jersey.

klick81
11-17-2009, 09:39 PM
I think I saw that too! :chuckle: