PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl MVP's

Brady12
01-24-2006, 12:21 AM
I was talking about it with a friend today, and we were gonig over who the frontrunners were for MVP. For Seattle we brought up Hasselbeck, and Alexander. For Pittsburgh it was Hines Ward, Big Ben, and Jerome Bettis out of respect... unless of course he scored a couple of TD.

Who do you think would win Super Bowl MVP?

Koopa
01-24-2006, 12:24 AM
if the seahawks win i'll say darrell jackson, and if the steelers win i'll say big ben

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Im not saying anything yet. Im not gonna jinx us. I havent looked ahead all year and Im not about to do it now..

seahawksfan
01-24-2006, 01:10 AM
I think Hasselbeck will win. If the defensive line could win as a unit I'd say they'd win.

If the Steelers win it'll be on Ben's broad shoulder's.

luvmysteelers
01-24-2006, 05:02 AM
I think it will be one of the QBs, but giving it to Bettis would be a great last hurrah!

steelersgirl86
01-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Im not saying anything yet. Im not gonna jinx us. I havent looked ahead all year and Im not about to do it now..

I'm with you...one week at a time....

Prosdo
01-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Ditto. No comment on that one.

Dook
01-24-2006, 08:18 AM
If Bettis gets it then he needs to earn it in the game. I surely hope they don't go out of their way to get him carries if the run game is not there.

If you win the QB is usually the guy who deserves it but what if a tight end were to make 2 TD catch's and a few other big plays down the field?

Brady12
01-24-2006, 11:46 AM
If Bettis gets it then he needs to earn it in the game. I surely hope they don't go out of their way to get him carries if the run game is not there.

If you win the QB is usually the guy who deserves it but what if a tight end were to make 2 TD catch's and a few other big plays down the field?

In the last 10 years, only 4 QB's were chosen, but after that most of them are QB's.. The players who won the last 10 are...

Deion Branch (WR) (New England)
Tom Brady (QB) (New England)
Dexter Jackson (S) (Tampa Bay)
Ray Lewis (LB) (Baltimore)
Kurt Warner (QB) (St.Louis)
John Elway (QB) (Denver)
Terrell Davis (RB) (Denver)
Desmond Howard (KR/PR) (Only KR to win it in history) (Green Bay)
Larry Brown (CB) (Only CB to win it in history) (Dallas)

clevestinks
01-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I`m with Blitz here! Although I will say don`t rule out a defender!

Livinginthe past
01-24-2006, 04:09 PM
If Seattle wins it will be Shaun Alexander.

If Pittsburgh wins it it will be Ben.

I believe that Alexander holds the key to the game - if he can keep gaining 4-5 yds per carry then the Seattle offense will be potent on the playaction - if it doesnt the Steelers DB's will be all over the Seahawks WR's like white on rice.

NM

3 to be 4
01-24-2006, 05:41 PM
based on the already over the top media hype of "The Bus going home" which within 2 weeks will make everyone outside of Pittsburgh want to blow their brains out, you gotta believe if the Steelers win and Bettis gets 20 yards rushing the MVP will go to him.

LambertIsGod58
01-24-2006, 06:22 PM
In the last 10 years, only 4 QB's were chosen, but after that most of them are QB's.. The players who won the last 10 are...

Deion Branch (WR) (New England)
Dexter Jackson (S) (Tampa Bay)
Ray Lewis (LB) (Baltimore)
Kurt Warner (QB) (St.Louis)
John Elway (QB) (Denver)
Terrell Davis (RB) (Denver)
Desmond Howard (KR/PR) (Only KR to win it in history) (Green Bay)
Larry Brown (CB) (Only CB to win it in history) (Dallas)

Terry Bradshaw SB MVP XIII & XIV

Blitzburgh55
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Big Ben all theway

Stlrs4Life
01-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Alexander, or Ben are my guesses.

3 to be 4
01-24-2006, 08:28 PM
what about Palamula? hes all over the place.

BlackNGold203
01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Alot of times its someone you dont expect...what if Willie Parker goes off for 175???...or Randle El takes a couple to the house?...there's no telling...every game writes its own story....

Koopa
01-25-2006, 01:25 PM

yeah i was gonna say the samething, but i don't really feel like i'm jumping the gun since i'm making predictions for both teams not just assuming we got this in the bag or assuming the seahawks are gonna win it

RoethlisBURGHer
01-25-2006, 02:15 PM
If the Steelers win-problally Ben or Ward if he gets some big catches

If Seattle wins,it's either Hassalbeck or Alexander

Oh,a tid-bit about MVP's...Ray Lewis is the only one I can think of that Disney didn't ask the "What are you doing after winning the Super Bowl?" question to.