PDA

View Full Version : For what it's worth

solardave
11-18-2009, 06:42 AM
I was watching the NFL network this morning and they showed the kick return for a TD

I played it back several times and I saw an illegal block in the back and one of our guys get tackled. Check it out and see if you agree. I wasn't looking for an excuse, or any missed call.It was just something I noticed watching it again. :noidea: I mean we didn't play well enough to win anyway,but I'd like to hear what others think.

SCSTILLER
11-18-2009, 06:49 AM
I was watching the NFL network this morning and they showed the kick return for a TD

I played it back several times and I saw an illegal block in the back and one of our guys get tackled. Check it out and see if you agree. I wasn't looking for an excuse, or any missed call.It was just something I noticed watching it again. :noidea: I mean we didn't play well enough to win anyway,but I'd like to hear what others think.

You can watch almost any KO return and see a block in the back that isn't called. Just like you can watch any offensive line and see holding. It is part of the game, and a crappy part at that. Wish the refs would have seen it and called it, but oh well.

solardave
11-18-2009, 06:53 AM
You can watch almost any KO return and see a block in the back that isn't called. Just like you can watch any offensive line and see holding. It is part of the game, and a crappy part at that. Wish the refs would have seen it and called it, but oh well.

You're right. I have to wonder how they missed two fouls on one play though.

Rick5895
11-18-2009, 08:57 AM
I saw the same missed calls, however, we have been bashing specials on here too long after this game. I have to tell you, being inside the red zone 4 times and as far down as the 8 yard line 2 times and not scoring TD's is what cost us the game.
Every dark cloud has it's silver lining, this loss might just propel us to the super bowl, just as the Cinci loss at home in 2005 did.

Mags87
11-18-2009, 09:19 AM
no whining is my stance.

BlastFurnace
11-18-2009, 09:30 AM
We lost. It's time to move on.

Edman
11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
It's Wednesday. Moving on.

We lost. No ifs, ands, or buts.

HometownGal
11-18-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm in agreement with SCSTILLER here - there is a block in the back (or two) on every return. The refs missed it, sure, but as others have said - it's time to move on. We didn't play well enough overall to win and the Bungles did. Looking behind at the what if's doesn't change the outcome - time to move on to KC.

steelerdave1969
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM

I set here in my living room screaming at the refs about the holding... it was pretty easy to see to me.. but no excuses.. we lost a much less superior team.. by the most point because of our special teams play and Ben holding on to the ball too long.

revefsreleets
11-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I mentioned this before, and it IS frustrating because when your ST is struggling the last thing you want to have to contend with is missed illegal blocking calls, BUT this team is better than the Bengals, plain and simple. They should have been able to overcome the 6 points they gave up via that kick return...they did not.

SteelC7
11-18-2009, 02:55 PM
ya that was why we lost the game, cuz of the refs...more excuses, its old, the game is over nobody cares anymore, focus on the chiefs and wat ur gonna bitch about wen that games over

revefsreleets
11-18-2009, 03:03 PM
And it was just one missed call. We've played in games where there have been multiple horrifically bad calls (the playoff game against Indy in 2005, the Chargers regular season game that same year just to name two) and we WON those games.

The fact is, a blown call here or there is just another adverse condition, like the weather, and it simply needs to be accounted for and overcome. We needed to respond with a big play on defense (how many INT's did we drop?), or a big return of our own, or a couple offensive "splash plays" and we failed in all those aspects. THAT is why we lost, not because the refs didn't throw a flag on the KR.

steel striker
11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
I saw while watching the game and, no doubt it should have been called back. Well I'm over the loss and, it is time to get ready for KC. The the rats after that and, it seems the officals always miss the block in the back if we are the kicking team. They always catch us for that call when we are the return team. Not crying about just being honest. The bottom line is we did not play well enough to beat the bungals and, if you can't score in the redzone you don't deserve to win.