PDA

View Full Version : "No Contact ", "No Helmets" in Practices....Says NFL

SteelerEmpire
11-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Powder Puff league..... comin at cha..... LINK: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/11/john-madden-nfl-might-consider-taking-helmets-and-contact-out-of-practice/1

AllD
11-18-2009, 01:23 PM
They can film practice for tv and call it "Dancing with the Players". John Travolta can host.

revefsreleets
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM
I was listening to a thing on the radio today about what football was like in 1909. They were talking about the 1909 Yale/Harvard game, and how every player at the end of the game was bleeding and bloody. Yale that year didn't give up a single point.

More interestingly, 26 players died that year. DIED! From injuries sustained on the gridiron.

I'm not saying we need to go back to that, but think about how far the apple has fallen from the tree...

fansince'76
11-18-2009, 10:00 PM
I was listening to a thing on the radio today about what football was like in 1909. They were talking about the 1909 Yale/Harvard game, and how every player at the end of the game was bleeding and bloody. Yale that year didn't give up a single point.

More interestingly, 26 players died that year. DIED! From injuries sustained on the gridiron.

I'm not saying we need to go back to that, but think about how far the apple has fallen from the tree...

Taking it a step further, if this country were forced into a conflict like WWII today, it would lose and lose BADLY.

NJarhead
11-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Taking it a step further, if this country were forced into a conflict like WWII today, it would lose and lose BADLY.

And it wouldn't be because of the quality of our troops but lack of necessary mission support and fear about world opinion. In other words, politics.

devilsdancefloor
11-18-2009, 10:08 PM

i wouldnt go that far there is still plenty of hard working people who are god fearing folks that would stand up against that kinda of shiat

NJarhead
11-18-2009, 10:11 PM
i wouldnt go that far there is still plenty of hard working people who are god fearing folks that would stand up against that kinda of shiat

I think some of the "shiat" we've had to endure over the last 30 years can measure up in some cases to the same level of threat that the Nazi's posed but our responses have declined.

Too many Neville Chamberlains and not enough Roosevelts.

fansince'76
11-18-2009, 10:14 PM
And it wouldn't be because of the quality of our troops but lack of necessary mission support and fear about world opinion. In other words, politics.

Absolutely - it would NOT be due to the quality of the troops or armed services themselves, it would be due to the lack of intestinal fortitude required to win that scale of a conflict on the part of the folks in DC calling the shots.

NJarhead
11-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Absolutely - it would NOT be due to the quality of the troops or armed services themselves, it would be due to the lack of intestinal fortitude required to win that scale of a conflict on the part of the folks in DC calling the shots.

THAT'S the term I was looking for. lol

The Patriot
11-19-2009, 08:17 AM

:jawdrop:

Were those all active players? Because I can understand if former players who had received multiple concussions were dropping off, but that's a lot, even for a brutal game. That's like two a week in today's schedule.

revefsreleets
11-20-2009, 03:22 PM
As I understood the story, 26 players died that year while playing football...