PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 3-4 critics

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2006, 01:35 AM
How many times have we heard the media say.. Well if you have to blitz that doesnt say much about your defense, or hey they arent that great they have to blitz to get pressure on the offense.

Bullshiat !! That just pisses me off to no end. We dont blitz because we have too, we blitz because WE CAN. The 3-4 zone blitz is predicated on confusion, movement, and sending multiple guys from all different angles. Sure thats a blitz, but we rarely send more than 5 guys on a blitz..so is it really a blitz then ? People just cant make up their damn minds I swear.

The bottom line we get to the QB with sacks and pressures, and that creates turnovers which translates to getting off the field and putting our offense in a good position. Thats the bottom line. Blitz or no blitz we get the job done. We're always a top 5 defense and we have a genious like Lebeau as the Professor of our famous Blitzburgh.

clevestinks
01-24-2006, 03:49 AM
They forget time after time! We have a secret weapon!

Mr. **** Lebeau!

BritishSteel
01-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Plus, if any of our media (in the UK) are anything to go by, they don't actually know what a Blitz is. I've heard people saying that we blitzed the Colts to death, but half the 'blitz' plays I saw in that game actually turned out to be coverage plays. LeBeau is a genius at showing one thing and delivering another. We've done it all through the play-offs and none of the AFC's best offensive lines have had the first clue how to deal with it.

Anyone who doesn't think this defence (3-4 or not) is exceptional hasn't watched the play-offs.

JustaFan
01-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Plus, if any of our media (in the UK) are anything to go by, they don't actually know what a Blitz is. I've heard people saying that we blitzed the Colts to death, but half the 'blitz' plays I saw in that game actually turned out to be coverage plays. LeBeau is a genius at showing one thing and delivering another. We've done it all through the play-offs and none of the AFC's best offensive lines have had the first clue how to deal with it.

Anyone who doesn't think this defence (3-4 or not) is exceptional hasn't watched the play-offs.
And two of the three teams the Steelers beat in the playoffs had already seen this defense earlier in the year & one of them sees it twice a year. It still didn't make them any better prepared to stop it.

In this game it's not about how do Steelers stop seattles offense. It more like how does seattle stop Pittsburgh's defense. The defense hasn't scored in a few weeks & they're due.

DIESELMAN
01-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Everyone knows we're bringing it...WHY CAN'T NO ONE STOP IT? cuz theres way to much talent on the "D" side.....Blitzing is part of the game,those that want to criticize it are mindless wannabees who want to come up with something else to not give the Steelers credit for something they deserve....WINNING THE GAME!!!