PDA

View Full Version : A couple trends you may not have known about...

Raynestorm
11-19-2009, 10:05 AM
1) No number one seed has won the Lomabardi since 2003. (Pats).

2) Starting in 2004, the SB winner has alternated between division champ and wild card winner.

2004 - Pats, division champ.

2005 - Steelers, #6 seed.

2006 - Colts, division champ.

2007 - Giants, #5 seed.

2008 - Steelers, division champ.

Conclusion?

I have a couple.....

First, #1 seeds are usually the flavor of the year but run out of steam come playoff time. If you want to see who the SB winner is, don't look at #1, look at who's in the middle of the playoff pack.

Second, the Bengals winning the division may not be a bad thing - the SB winner is due to be a wild card team this year.

Thought I'd share,

Raynestorm

Dino 6 Rings
11-19-2009, 10:33 AM
The playoffs are all about who's playing hot and who's healthy. I still contend once we do make the playoffs, no one will want to actually play us.

steelreserve
11-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't think you can really say who's "due" based on trends like this ... but yes, regular-season success doesn't matter anywhere near as much as peaking at the right time. If we come in on top of our game, we stand a great chance of winning it all. If we come in flat like in 2007, we'll be lucky to advance out of the first round.

Raynestorm
11-19-2009, 12:44 PM
I think Cincy is peaking too early.

I also think that they'll get cold come the end of the year....@Minn., @ San Diego and @ The Jets. Tough way to enter the post season.

But hey, they're Bengal fans...they're just happy to make the playoffs.