PDA

View Full Version : Does Bus get a TD?

SalukiSteelers
01-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey guys, I was watching something on ESPN yesterday and they put up a pictures of Bettis and Sweetness and talked about having the most yards in NFL history for backs making their first SB appearances and it got me wondering: Does Cowher do everything he can to get Bettis an SB TD? We all know the sad story of Walter Payton, quite possibly the greatest Chicago Bear in that franchise's long and proud history, failing to score a touchdown even though the team had a short "and goal" to go and it struck me that I couldn't imagine Cowher not giving our guy every opportunity to score. So, what if Bus doesn't score and our Steelers win? Are we a little angry? What if Cowher does try to get him in and the Steelers lose?

melroseplace
01-24-2006, 08:48 AM
I think he'll get a TD. he's gotten quite a few lately, I don't see why we wouldn't at least try

jackk71
01-24-2006, 09:12 AM
I think he'll give Bettis every opportunity to get a TD... as long as it's feasible!

tony hipchest
01-24-2006, 09:38 AM
jerome to throw for a td!

JustaFan
01-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see bussie get two td's. :bouncy:

steelersgirl86
01-24-2006, 10:02 AM
jerome to throw for a td!
that would be sweet!!!

JustaFan
01-24-2006, 10:05 AM
what would be sweet is if he would run, catch & throw for a td

SteelerFanInATL
01-24-2006, 12:30 PM
What happened to Sweetness would never happen to The Bus unless we throw for all of our TD's. When we get close Jerome will get a shot. Unlike Sweentness, he will not be going out the game but rather comming in the game to score. A run and a pass would be nice.

FisherMOM
01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Jerome will get a touchdown! One way or another!

rocst4r
01-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah, it'd be nice to see... But, Cowher is focused on winning the game first... I'd rather see a win without a Bettis TD than a loss, period.

clevestinks
01-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Just win, what a TD for Bettis without a win.

Our first chance from the 2 yard line, should be a fake to the BUS, you know they think he will becoming

augustashark
01-24-2006, 02:52 PM

Our first chance from the 2 yard line, should be a fake to the BUS, you know they think he will becoming

I completly agree! You know that their coaching staff is pounding the fact that if we get inside the 10 that Bettis will get the ball!!!!!! Go with playaction 1st chance we get inside the 10! Should be easy score.

clevestinks
01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I completly agree! You know that their coaching staff is pounding the fact that if we get inside the 10 that Bettis will get the ball!!!!!! Go with playaction 1st chance we get inside the 10! Should be easy score.
Heath or Tuman would be a good bet!

Prosdo
01-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I think he'll end up getting one.

JustaFan
01-24-2006, 03:44 PM

Why fake it, cincinnati, indy & denver all knew who was getting the ball and could do nothing about it. The Steelers goal line offense is the best in the NFL.

Koopa
01-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey guys, I was watching something on ESPN yesterday and they put up a pictures of Bettis and Sweetness and talked about having the most yards in NFL history for backs making their first SB appearances and it got me wondering: Does Cowher do everything he can to get Bettis an SB TD? We all know the sad story of Walter Payton, quite possibly the greatest Chicago Bear in that franchise's long and proud history, failing to score a touchdown even though the team had a short "and goal" to go and it struck me that I couldn't imagine Cowher not giving our guy every opportunity to score. So, what if Bus doesn't score and our Steelers win? Are we a little angry? What if Cowher does try to get him in and the Steelers lose?

the W is all that matters and if that calls for the bus not getting a TD then so be it, at least he gets his ring. so i guess that means no i won't be angry if he doesn't, hell i wouldn't be angry if he doesn't even touch the field and we still get the W. but he'll get it, cowher won't let him leave with out one