PDA

View Full Version : Mike Francesa in NY is Bad Mouthing Ben

Stunt 4-3
11-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Francesa is saying Ben isn't a great QB and was only along for the ride. You could make the point about XL but how many QB's make that throw to Holmes last year.

The_WARDen
11-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Francesa is saying Ben isn't a great QB and was only along for the ride. You could make the point about XL but how many QB's make that throw to Holmes last year.

He probably knob-slobbers Eli though right?

Stunt 4-3
11-20-2009, 03:44 PM
He was saying Ben is not even in the same category as Marino even though he won two super bowls.

Jmat
11-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Ben loves when people bad mouth him. Ben needs to have a chip on his shoulder.

Burghfan58
11-20-2009, 04:20 PM
He needed a ratings boost. He doesn't actually believe that if he watched the Super Bowl.

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Actually Ben needs a small injury, one that he can milk and "work through"

he plays his best when he's "hurt"

:chuckle:

LOL!

LVSteelersfan
11-20-2009, 04:42 PM
What do you expect from a New Yawker? They don't think anything outside of their crap hole they live in is relevant. I am always talking to the ones who come here and they tell us how great New York is. They have the best delis. Nothing like that here. etc. I just tell them what the heck did you move to Las Vegas for if New York is so great. Don't let the airport door slam you in the butt when you leave to move back.

BlastFurnace
11-20-2009, 05:07 PM
I could care less what people on the radio or television say. I have become more and more convinced that the average fan could do their job if given the chance.

HometownGal
11-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Who cares what some blubberpuss in NY who can't see his own feet in the shower thinks about Ben?

Dodt
11-20-2009, 05:28 PM
the only person in the media i might give a dam if he says ben sucks is bradshaw .

SteelGhost
11-20-2009, 05:32 PM
I could care less what people on the radio or television say. I have become more and more convinced that the average fan could do their job if given the chance.

Amen bro. Some members of THIS board could do better comments than those who work on tv & radio.

solardave
11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
He was saying Ben is not even in the same category as Marino even though he won two super bowls.

Who is Mike Francesa? Never heard of him. Who gives a Damn what he thinks of Ben anyway?He's probably some moron who couldn't find his ass with both hands.
What, he thinks Eli's great? Please!!!

solardave
11-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Who cares what some blubberpuss in NY who can't see his own feet in the shower thinks about Ben?

Wait a minute. Just a thought. If he can't see his feet how does he even know for sure if he is a man? I'm just sayin'!:chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
the only person in the media i might give a dam if he says ben sucks is bradshaw .

That would hurt because if Terry says it, it would be a True Statement.

:tt04:

steel striker
11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
It seems to be a typical statement from a media source that has never played a down of football in there entire life.

SteelerEmpire
11-20-2009, 06:54 PM

Yea. That would make me take note also.
I remember last season when Cassel led New England to back-to-back 400+ yard passing games......SEVERAL prominent Boston area names, Patriot alumni and fans talked seriously about LETTING BRADY GO AND REPLACING HIM WITH CASSEL !!!!! Can you believe it !!!
Then the very next game they played the Steelers..... Cassel had 170 yds passing, 5 sacks, 2 interceptions, and 0 tds and we won 33-10....... they all screamed for Brady to come back then...

Just STICK BY BEN.... he has what it takes to come through for us....

slippy
11-20-2009, 08:26 PM
i'm from western PA and live in New York and i've been listening to Mike Francesa for 20 years. he's one of the best in a bad business. he usually tells it like it is and his only bias seems to be toward the yankees.

i did not hear his recent comment, but after the denver game mike had to remind several callers that Ben is third best qb right now (which i agree with). when people say third best they don't consider ben's gutty runs or "the tackle" (which brady and manning never make).

mike also constantly reminds pats fans that the steelers were the better team in 2001 (true) and the pats won that game on special teams. francesa's rant after the belichick's recent 4th down brain-fart was sublime.

the day after the 2005 playoff win at indy, mike ripped the almighty peyton all day saying that the franchise should take away manning's control and it may have been a mistake to build around a guy that chokes under pressure. mike was also aghast at manning blaming his o-line for the loss. "he threw them under the bus".

francesa was very critical of kordell stewart, but so was i (except for 1997 and 2001).

4xSBChamps
11-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Who is Mike Francesa? Never heard of him.

:drink:

..... Mike WHO?????

Christian Snyder
11-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Who is this Mike Francesca?????? He obviously is an idiot..... Ben is a Great QB and I'm glad to have him.:tt04:

Shoes
11-20-2009, 09:07 PM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Vincent
11-20-2009, 09:09 PM
http://bronxbrasstacks.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/francesa-demotivational-copy.jpg

KeiselPower99
11-20-2009, 10:40 PM
If your not the Jets or Giants qb your trash in the eyes of NewYawkers. Personally I could give 2 shits what they say and I know most of not all of yall are with me on this one. Hey New York how many Super Bowls do your teams have together? 4? Still short of our 6!!!!

M1JAM
11-20-2009, 10:48 PM
That would hurt because if Terry says it, it would be a True Statement.

:tt04:

BRADSHAW loves BEN because he sees himself.

sherlock
11-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Ben loves when people bad mouth him. Ben needs to have a chip on his shoulder.

In that case......Ben,you are the most hopeless,poor excuse for a QB that has ever played in the NFL and the Steelers should trade you for JaMarcus Russell.:chuckle:

stb_steeler
11-21-2009, 12:16 AM
What would it take for Ben to ever be mentioned in a QB greats list....Hmmm lets see, throw for 50,000 yards? nope. scramble for 3,000 yards?. Lets see now maybe throw 150 td's in a single season, no that aint it either. Jeeez getting hard see why Bens not mentioned as one of the great QB's. Ahh i think i know now. Could it be that he's one of the toughest in the bizz, where as most cry baby QB's would of been crying to quit after taking whippins like he does, been through all the surgeries, injuries, accidents. If there ever was an elite list for the toughest, Ben would be the #1 on top of all time. You can take your crap stats and shove them up Mannings arse, id take number 7 any day on my team. He's a 2X Super Bowl winner, Theres a stat fer ya!:tt03:

MACH1
11-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Francesa is saying Ben isn't a great QB and was only along for the ride.

Guess its up to Ben to shut him up.

Though who the hell cares what people say. :noidea:

4xSBChamps
11-21-2009, 05:20 AM
Hey New York how many Super Bowls do your teams have together? 4?

Namath + Sims + Hostetler + Manning = BRADSHAW

Galax Steeler
11-21-2009, 07:15 AM

Exactly no one cares what he thinks.

Texasteel
11-21-2009, 08:27 AM

Ben was probably so crushed that he took both SB trophies to bed with him last night.

Christian Snyder
11-21-2009, 10:38 AM
In that case......Ben,you are the most hopeless,poor excuse for a QB that has ever played in the NFL and the Steelers should trade you for JaMarcus Russell.:chuckle:
Ben makes JaMarcus Russel look like John Elway!:chuckle::wink02:

*SARCASM*

StainlessStill
11-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Obviously this dude has NEVER watched a Steelers team led by Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. His heroic playoff run in '05 is over shadowed by his Superbowl performance. If it wasn't for Ben's arm in those '05 playoffs, we don't even sniff the Super Bowl. We dropped the first 3 seeds as a 6th! seed in Cincinnati, Indianapolis, AND Denver, let alone beating the NFC's #1 seed in Seattle in the Superbowl. Before Roethlisberger, the Steelers ALWAYS had great teams with great defense's, too bad we never could get that extra leg up, until #7 was selected #11 in the 2004 NFL draft.

In Ben's 5 young seasons, he has produced:

2004: 13-0 as a rookie (rookie record) and led his team to the AFC Title Game.
2005: Youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl and first team ever to win in a 6th seed.
2006: Overcame large odds just to live another day. Had his face busted up and still played the most violent game in the world.
2007: Set all Steelers quarterback records on his way to his first pro-bowl
2008: Won his 2nd SB in 4 years and has made a name for himself as this era's captain comeback.
2009: Hanging with the best in EVERY offensive QB category in the game, including Marsha Brady and Manning. Will go to his 2nd Pro-Bowl of his career.
NOTE: Fastest starting QB ever to win 50 games.*
Just entering his prime now.

Like Ben needs any introduction or backup. The man is a winner and is the ultimate pro and football player. You give me Ben over anybody at ANYTIME. END OF STORY. They can have the whiny, bitchass articles, we'll take the rings with more to come!!

fansince'76
11-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Two questions:

1. Who is Mike Francesa?

2. Why should I care?

sbbound
11-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Apparently 99% of you didn't hear what Mike Francesa was saying. I'm from the New York area and have been an avid listener of Mike's for 15 years. He was in no way bad mouthing Ben at all. A caller compared Ben Roethlisberger to Peyton Manning as a pure QB and said without a doubt Ben is better than Peyton. Now I don't know if some people are living on Mars, but Peyton Manning is without a doubt the better QB. That is in no way a knock on Ben Roethlisberger. What people fail to understand is that Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs any of us have ever seen. Could Ben one day be mentioned in that category? Sure, but he isn't there yet. But then again you can probably only name 3-4 qbs who you'd consider better than Peyton Manning in the history of the NFL. Francesa was not knocking Ben in any way. He was knocking some extreme homers in the Steeler Nation who apparently watch football with black and gold blinders on. If you listened you'd know he actually loves Ben as a QB, and at least once a week ranks him as the best QB in his draft class, and only a step behind Brady and Manning. Ben is a fantastic QB, there is no doubt about it and that was never in question. Lets just be realistic as Steeler fans. With our Defense Peyton Manning may have qb'd us to 3 undefeated seasons.

steel striker
11-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Apparently 99% of you didn't hear what Mike Francesa was saying. I'm from the New York area and have been an avid listener of Mike's for 15 years. He was in no way bad mouthing Ben at all. A caller compared Ben Roethlisberger to Peyton Manning as a pure QB and said without a doubt Ben is better than Peyton. Now I don't know if some people are living on Mars, but Peyton Manning is without a doubt the better QB. That is in no way a knock on Ben Roethlisberger. What people fail to understand is that Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs any of us have ever seen. Could Ben one day be mentioned in that category? Sure, but he isn't there yet. But then again you can probably only name 3-4 qbs who you'd consider better than Peyton Manning in the history of the NFL. Francesa was not knocking Ben in any way. He was knocking some extreme homers in the Steeler Nation who apparently watch football with black and gold blinders on. If you listened you'd know he actually loves Ben as a QB, and at least once a week ranks him as the best QB in his draft class, and only a step behind Brady and Manning. Ben is a fantastic QB, there is no doubt about it and that was never in question. Lets just be realistic as Steeler fans. With our Defense Peyton Manning may have qb'd us to 3 undefeated seasons.

Well a known fact about our defense through the years in afccg has not been as good as advertised. They payed really well last year in afccg but, I have watch many of those title games where the defense had a bad day. I also will say this give Ben time to throw and, we will see who has more rings at the end.

sbbound
11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Well a known fact about our defense through the years in afccg has not been as good as advertised. They payed really well last year in afccg but, I have watch many of those title games where the defense had a bad day. I also will say this give Ben time to throw and, we will see who has more rings at the end.

When it comes to QB's like Marino and Peyton Manning its not about the rings, even though Peyton already has one. If you asked Ben what he thought of this discussion he'd laugh at you and probably tell you Peyton is on a level all to his own... My point in general is that in no way was Mike Francesa bad mouthing Big Ben. Its not like he said Chad Pennington is a better qb than Ben Roethlisberger.

Shellshock
11-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Francesa likes Ben, but after the Cinci game he said he played like sh^t. Francesa and his old partner Mike Russo created sports talk radio back in 1988.