PDA

View Full Version : My Steelers home crowd experience - Not the greatest!

klick81
11-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Call this a rant, or a question I am asking, whatever - I'm not trying to flame the Heinz Field crowd, but I do have some beef with maybe a small portion of the fans that I came across in Heinz Field on opening day.

Is it the norm for the majority of fans in Heinz Field to act like they are gifts from the football gods themselves? Like they are too damn good to be rowdy and show some F'IN emotion and act like they're watching a damn football game and not a Broadway show?

Maybe it had to do with the section we were seated in (108), but 75% of these fans were very BLAND. Please give me your input as to whether this was an isolated incident, or if this is what a good portion of our crowd TRULY is:

I took my wife, younger sister, and my buddy to Pittsburgh for our first time ever in early September (we're from LA). I got us some GREAT tickets, and we were there with plenty of time to check out Pittsburgh and yes, fall in love with it (no homo).

Anyway, game day comes, we make ourselves an awesome sign, and my buddy and I just about jizzed our pants we were so excited. We get to check out the CRAZY tailgating going on, and finally make it to our seats, which we were amazed at how good they were by the way.

The game starts, and we're goin NUTS! The crowd is cheering, yelling, and just having a blast - at first. To our right was a group of guys in their late 20's-early 30's (fun crowd), behind us to the right is a couple in their 40's (fun, but respectfully reserved), directly behind us is a family group of about 6-8 people consising of two couples in their late 20's, and two older couples in their mid 50's (BUZZKILLINGTONS - ALL OF THEM), directly in front of me was a father and young son, who appeared to be enjoying a sermon because at no point did they utter a single word or stand up, and in front to the left, get this - SIX EMPTY SEATS the entire game.

So we're enjoying the game, and my buddy can't help but stand up every so often. Nobody has a problem with this, until one of the hags in her late 20's starts yelling, "SIT DOOWWWWWN!!!, SIT DOOOWWWWWN!!!". We were not sure if this was directed at us, so we kind of ignored it at first. Then it kept coming - along with a few other comments slipped in just loud enough for us to hear.

This only made my buddy want to stand up even more, pissing her off to the point where she kept nagging her hubby/boyfriend to step in, or at least try. When he tried to tell my buddy to SIT DOWN (I mean seriously, we're GROWN ASS MEN - who the ___ are you to tell me us to sit down???), my buddy motioned with his finger said NOOOOOOOO :rofl:. This enfuriated the macho man, who then attempted to flex his muscles by showing a cute "angry" face. One of the older gentlemen with their group pleaded with him - "please guys, it's opening day, let's just have a good time!". SMART MOVE.

So we're loving the game although we're feeling a little like we're in enemy territory, TRYING to put our sign up every so often (maybe four times the entire game), and the entire time, this lady is yellin at my friend for him to sit down!!! LADY, YOU'RE AT A FOOTBALL GAME!!! He's not being rowdy, cussing, or being disrespecful in any other way. Just being a damn STEELERS FAN.

So the game goes into overtime, and at one point, the hag gets up to cheer. At this point I was TIRED of hearing her complain an entire four quarters, so I turn around, and tell her (with her man right next to her), "Hey, the people behind you would like for you to SIT DOWN." :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: She could not believe it! So she turns to her macho man, and what does he do? NOT A DAMNED THING (well, besides sit the **** down) :toofunny:.

So needless to say, although the Steelers came out of there with an awesome victory, the experience was slightly tainted at certain points by these vanilla fans. It is just absolutely not what I expected from Pittsburgh fans. Is this something experienced mainly in the lower levels where tickets are more expensive and mainly the wealthier people sit? Or is this an accurate representation of the atmosphere around Heinz Field?

AlleghanyAdams87
11-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Go to a game in December, or better yet January...The demographic of fans change as it becomes less convenient to go to a game.

stillers4me
11-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I actually heard a good thing from an avid Bengal fan who never ever has anything good to say about the Steelers. She said she knew someone the went to Heinz Field last week thinking they were going to run into a bunch of jerks but found the exact opposite. They said they had no trouble whats so ever and all the Steelers fans were very friendly towards them even though it was a tense game.

SteelerEmpire
11-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Man... I would have been "furious" if ANYONE (Steeler or enemy) told me to sit down during a football game in which I paid my own money to attend.
I would be respectful during normal play. But when one of the Steelers would make a big play, I would certainly let it be known.
Her wimpy boyfriend is not a wimp because he didn't tell you to sit down, he's a wimp because he didn't tell her to "shut up" (he probably knew she was in the wrong)..... we see who wears the pants in that relationship....
Everyone knows quiet fans can affect a teams motivation.
I wish someone WOULD tell me to sit down during a Steeler's game..... they BETTER have a badge and a gun.... :jammin:

7willBheaven
11-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Some people support their team(s) in different ways....some go nuts...some sit quietly.....it all depends on the person. Just because they dont go nuts the whole game doesnt mean anything. People choose how they want to support and cheer their team. Just cheer your team as you like and dont worry about everyone else....and thats all the Steeler organization wants....cheer your team but be respectful of others (i think they have that P.R.I.D.E. thing they always show on the screen or something)....I remember in the past as long as your not blocking the view DURING a play and such...who cares...dont worry about other people and do your own thing but in a respectful way. Not a big deal!

solardave
11-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Man... I would have been "furious" if ANYONE (Steeler or enemy) told me to sit down during a football game in which I paid my own money to attend.
I would be respectful during normal play. But when one of the Steelers would make a big play, I would certainly let it be known.
Her wimpy boyfriend is not a wimp because he didn't tell you to sit down, he's a wimp because he didn't tell her to "shut up" (he probably knew she was in the wrong)..... we see who wears the pants in that relationship....
Everyone knows quiet fans can affect a teams motivation.
I wish someone WOULD tell me to sit down during a Steeler's game..... they BETTER have a badge and a gun.... :jammin:

There's one exception. If you're standing up and because of this I can't see the play going on you WILL HEAR FROM ME badge or no badge.GUNS, WE DON"T NEED NO STINKIN' GUNS!!!:tt04:

SteelerEmpire
11-21-2009, 01:59 PM
There's one exception. If you're standing up and because of this I can't see the play going on you WILL HEAR FROM ME badge or no badge.GUNS, WE DON"T NEED NO STINKIN' GUNS!!!:tt04:

If you would READ the part where I said, " I would be respectful during normal play ".... you would not even have to make that reply..... But I agree with what you are saying...as I would've told YOU to sit down as well.....:tt04:

HometownGal
11-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I can't say I disagree with how you feel, klick. XT and I went to the Browns game at HF and were absolutely shocked at how quiet the fans were compared to what it used to be like at TRS in the 70's and early 80's. Of course TRS was a closed stadium and HF is open on the river end which does make a small difference, but even with the games I've been to in the past at HF, it's not the same calibre of "Steelers fans" that I was so used to and loved being a part of at TRS back in the day. What also pisses me off to no end (and this happens at Pens games too) is that I spend more time passing beer and having people crawl over me rushing to the concessions to keep their drunk on while the game is going on than I do watching the games. :banging: :mad:

To be quite honest, though - I get torqued off when people stand during the action, especially when they block my view of the game which I paid good money to see. I'm all about fan courtesy and XT will tell you - at Pens games when the action resumes after a commercial break and people don't wait until there is a break to return to their seats or just HAVE to stagger their way over to the aisle to go get another beer, I am very vocal and refuse to get up to let them by. I turn to the side and make them climb over me.

steelax04
11-21-2009, 02:50 PM
When a kid is standing on his seat during regular play (not a big play), I think they can be asked to sit down.

Other than that, my very few times at HF have been very fun.

Edman
11-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Heinz Field isn't built to be as deep or as intimidating as Three Rivers. It just isn't. It's too open to keep in sound.

Some Heinz Field crowds are very good (Vikings game, 2008 Playoffs), but some aren't so good. I've come to accept that already.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I LOVE it when fans go nuts. I have hugged...high-fived..and yes..even kissed strangers at games.
That being said...I have been to games where the person in front of me stood up EVERY FRIKIN' Play...I was looking at my son and wondering "Did I miss something, or is this chick celebrating a 2 yard run on a 3rd and 7"? I mean...standing up should be appropriate, or you just look like you dont understand football.
That being said...I still appreciated her enthusiasm, if not her knowledge of the game, and never said a word to her.

devilsdancefloor
11-21-2009, 04:08 PM
i have been at games where the person in front of me didnt sit and frustrated the piss out of me! The excuse i got was well i paid good money for my tickets and my response was no shit so did i sit please. You have to know the situation just to stand to be standing is BS. It all boils down to respect IMO

steelerchad
11-21-2009, 05:03 PM
This past Sunday's game against Cincy was one of the quietest I've ever been to. Not much to cheer about, but the crowd just wasn't enthusiastic. When a big play happens I jump out of my seat, but I make sure to sit back down before the snap of the next play. Unless everyone is standing, like when Polamalu intercepted that pass and returned it for a TD in the AFCC game last year. The entire crowd stayed standing for several minutes after that play, until Ryan Clark knocked McGahee into next year about 4 plays later.
There was a drunk guy at the Cincy game holding his terrible towel corner to corner and displaying it like a giant billboard blocking everones view for 3 rows behind him. He heard it plenty from several people to stop doing it and I have to agree it was anoying. I don't even have a problem with it if it's in between plays, but when the action is going on just have a brain. Also, the lower lever seats don't have nearly the incline that the upper level seats do. So when someone stands in the upper level alot of times you can still see if you lean a little. In the lowers someone standing can completely block your view.

I think just being aware of your surroundings is the key. Stand when it's appropriate.

Klick81- I wanted to remind you of something also since it sounds like you bought someone else's season tickets. It sounds like you or your buddy could have gotten pretty close to having blows thrown. If that would have been the case you surely would have gotten the boot from the security staff. Not worth it in my opinion to pay all that money + fly across country to miss the game due to something stupid. Also, the Steelers at that point hold the season ticket holder responsible for your behavior and they can lose their PSL's. I'm a season ticket holder and I can tell you if that happened to me, I'd be hiring an attorney to recover damages lost from the loss of the PSL's. I bought mine on the secondary market and they aren't cheap. $6k per seat. The seats you were sitting in are likely worth $20k per seat. I'm not saying you would lose that lawsuit, but you might and that would definately not be worth it.

theplatypus
11-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I got us some GREAT tickets, and we were there with plenty of time to check out Pittsburgh and yes, fall in love with it (no homo).

I'm still trying to figure out how loving a city makes you a "homo" or demands the need to portray yourself as "no homo".

supa_fly_steeler
11-21-2009, 06:14 PM
you to tell me us to sit down???), my buddy motioned with his finger said NOOOOOOOO . This enfuriated the macho man, who then attempted to flex his muscles by showing a cute "angry" face. One of the older gentlemen with their group pleaded with him - "please guys, it's opening day, let's just have a good time!". SMART MOVE.

LOLOLOLOL ahaha funny shit... bunch of ******s... i hope you had a good time memory and that they didnt taint it.

stb_steeler
11-22-2009, 01:37 AM
This past Sunday's game against Cincy was one of the quietest I've ever been to. Not much to cheer about, but the crowd just wasn't enthusiastic. When a big play happens I jump out of my seat, but I make sure to sit back down before the snap of the next play. Unless everyone is standing, like when Polamalu intercepted that pass and returned it for a TD in the AFCC game last year. The entire crowd stayed standing for several minutes after that play, until Ryan Clark knocked McGahee into next year about 4 plays later.
There was a drunk guy at the Cincy game holding his terrible towel corner to corner and displaying it like a giant billboard blocking everones view for 3 rows behind him. He heard it plenty from several people to stop doing it and I have to agree it was anoying. I don't even have a problem with it if it's in between plays, but when the action is going on just have a brain. Also, the lower lever seats don't have nearly the incline that the upper level seats do. So when someone stands in the upper level alot of times you can still see if you lean a little. In the lowers someone standing can completely block your view.

I think just being aware of your surroundings is the key. Stand when it's appropriate.

Klick81- I wanted to remind you of something also since it sounds like you bought someone else's season tickets. It sounds like you or your buddy could have gotten pretty close to having blows thrown. If that would have been the case you surely would have gotten the boot from the security staff. Not worth it in my opinion to pay all that money + fly across country to miss the game due to something stupid. Also, the Steelers at that point hold the season ticket holder responsible for your behavior and they can lose their PSL's. I'm a season ticket holder and I can tell you if that happened to me, I'd be hiring an attorney to recover damages lost from the loss of the PSL's. I bought mine on the secondary market and they aren't cheap. $6k per seat. The seats you were sitting in are likely worth $20k per seat. I'm not saying you would lose that lawsuit, but you might and that would definately not be worth it.

The game was real quiet even on TV. It seemed like no one was into it at all. Also for those of you that expect to sit during the Steeler games, you'd a had a fit during last seasons monday nighter with Ravens.....That game was a standing only and i mean all 4 quarters.....I think the only time we got to sit down was during time outs.

iloveben7
11-22-2009, 01:55 AM
I've been to 7 games at Heinz Field (3 playoff games) and my experience was different every time. I usually always am standing up when the defense is on the field and sitting down when the offense is on the field. But after every big play I jump up screaming and everything. At the AFC Championship game this past season against the Ravens, mostly everyone around us was standing the entire time. And after Troy intercepted Flacco and ran it in, we all stood until the remaining of the game. It was so awesome just to see everyone hugging each other, people we've never met, and just having a great time.

Pitt games are very different though. We're standing the entire time and I love it

I wouldn't call the people rude, they just enjoy the game in different ways.

MongoSteeler
11-22-2009, 02:54 AM
I"ve lived in Kyrgyzstan for 11 years and now in Mongolia for the past year, and I always plan my vacations back to my home base of Florida around November or December. I always take myself to a Steelers game while I'm in the states, sometimes I can squeeze in two. Everyone of them have been a different type of experience, but all of them have been great fun. I am always alone at these games and have met a lot of memorable people at them. The atmosphere swings from wild jubilation [winning] to hushed dejection [losing] in a heartbeat. I think your lady with the sit down thing was just having a bad day in general and maybe didn't want to be there herself. I have to add that I love the city too.

GO STEELERS and I'll be at the Green Bay game on the 20th and would have gone to the Ravens game next but that's the day I have to fly back to Mongolia.

NJarhead
11-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Considering the game, I'm not surprised if the fans were mellow. The Steelers hardly gave us any reason to be pumped during this one. Like LLT said though, most of the games I've been to have HF have involved high-fives, etc. with perfect strangers. Sometimes YOU can be the one to get it going too.

rick723
11-22-2009, 09:41 AM
To the guy who started this thread. I was told to sit down at the 1st game ever I went to in three rivers. I looked at the LADY who screamed it at me and said " KISS MY NASTY ASS", you don't want to cheer for this team hit the Fuc*in gate" Her Husband/boyfriend decided whatever was to his right was more interesting than her and I. They left. Case closed

Oh to finish my post, the bad experience is on you. Never let someone at a Steeler game tell you not to cheer. Don't you think if it got ugly real Steeler fans would have backed you?

SteelerEmpire
11-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Never let someone at a Steeler game tell you not to cheer. Don't you think if it got ugly real Steeler fans would have backed you?

Here, here.... Yea, there's a lot of "bandwagoner's" floating around out there..... you can spot them a mile away..... :tt03:

HometownGal
11-22-2009, 10:45 AM
To the guy who started this thread. I was told to sit down at the 1st game ever I went to in three rivers. I looked at the LADY who screamed it at me and said " KISS MY NASTY ASS", you don't want to cheer for this team hit the Fuc*in gate" Her Husband/boyfriend decided whatever was to his right was more interesting than her and I. They left. Case closed

Oh to finish my post, the bad experience is on you. Never let someone at a Steeler game tell you not to cheer. Don't you think if it got ugly real Steeler fans would have backed you?

I have no problem with people cheering or screaming for that matter and I don't mind people standing for an ovation or after a score, but I do have a major problem with ignoramuses who stand in front of me for long periods of time and block my view of the game and I have absolutely no problem telling them to sit their asses down. If they choose not to or swear at me, I take aim. At most of the games I've attended, 99% of the time I get the backing of those sitting around me.

HometownGal
11-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Here, here.... Yea, there's a lot of "bandwagoner's" floating around out there..... you can spot them a mile away..... :tt03:

Someone who wants a little common "fan courtesy" shown them as they paid big bucks for the right to be able to actually see the game is not a "bandwagoner" in my book.

klick81
11-22-2009, 05:26 PM
I LOVE it when fans go nuts. I have hugged...high-fived..and yes..even kissed strangers at games.
That being said...I have been to games where the person in front of me stood up EVERY FRIKIN' Play...I was looking at my son and wondering "Did I miss something, or is this chick celebrating a 2 yard run on a 3rd and 7"? I mean...standing up should be appropriate, or you just look like you dont understand football.
That being said...I still appreciated her enthusiasm, if not her knowledge of the game, and never said a word to her.

See, that's what I mean. It's not that my buddy has no knowledge of the game, he was simply excited to be AT the game in Pittsburgh for the first time. Not to mention the fact that he was not being overly enthusiastic - he stood up a couple of times and was rudely TOLD WHAT TO DO by some bitch who acted as if she was talking to a child. That's when my buddy decided to be an asshole and started waving his finger at them.

Chad, I was very well aware of the fact that things could have gotten ugly, and actually told my buddy to chill out without her hearing me (didn't want her to think I agreed with what she was doing). HOWEVER, at one point, she actually YANKED at his jersey to pull him down! Who in their right mind puts their hand on a grown ass man! Let me tell you, in any other situation, things would have gotten very ugly, and I would not have blamed my buddy. He simply swatted her hand off of him, and went about his business.

If he was REALLY that out of line, which I don't think he was (call it bias, whatever), she should have called security from the get go and they would have told him to sit down - that would have been smarter IMO. Instead she decided to put herself and her man in a rather dangerous situation.

And for what it's worth, the seller decided to sell those tickets for a LOT of money. S/he should be ready to accept any repercussions as a result.

X-Terminator
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM
I can't say I disagree with how you feel, klick. XT and I went to the Browns game at HF and were absolutely shocked at how quiet the fans were compared to what it used to be like at TRS in the 70's and early 80's. Of course TRS was a closed stadium and HF is open on the river end which does make a small difference, but even with the games I've been to in the past at HF, it's not the same calibre of "Steelers fans" that I was so used to and loved being a part of at TRS back in the day. What also pisses me off to no end (and this happens at Pens games too) is that I spend more time passing beer and having people crawl over me rushing to the concessions to keep their drunk on while the game is going on than I do watching the games. :banging: :mad:

To be quite honest, though - I get torqued off when people stand during the action, especially when they block my view of the game which I paid good money to see. I'm all about fan courtesy and XT will tell you - at Pens games when the action resumes after a commercial break and people don't wait until there is a break to return to their seats or just HAVE to stagger their way over to the aisle to go get another beer, I am very vocal and refuse to get up to let them by. I turn to the side and make them climb over me.

Exactly. And the same attitude has spread to Mellon Arena, and not just with the beer passing, as evidenced by the exact same thing happening to us at the Pens game last weekend, when some lady actually had her kid turn around and tell us to be quiet. I mean, you're at a freaking HOCKEY GAME. It isn't church, for crying out loud! We're both very vocal and talk during the action, ABOUT the action and cheer loudly for our team. But somehow, that's a crime now. And then the lady proceeds to sit with her fingers in her ears all night, after switching seats, of course, because we dared to be so inconsiderate as cheer for our team. Of course, they got the exact opposite reaction that they were looking for, and we cheered even louder. Where the hell do these people come from, and why are they buying tickets?

steelerchad
11-24-2009, 12:12 AM
See, that's what I mean. It's not that my buddy has no knowledge of the game, he was simply excited to be AT the game in Pittsburgh for the first time. Not to mention the fact that he was not being overly enthusiastic - he stood up a couple of times and was rudely TOLD WHAT TO DO by some bitch who acted as if she was talking to a child. That's when my buddy decided to be an asshole and started waving his finger at them.

Chad, I was very well aware of the fact that things could have gotten ugly, and actually told my buddy to chill out without her hearing me (didn't want her to think I agreed with what she was doing). HOWEVER, at one point, she actually YANKED at his jersey to pull him down! Who in their right mind puts their hand on a grown ass man! Let me tell you, in any other situation, things would have gotten very ugly, and I would not have blamed my buddy. He simply swatted her hand off of him, and went about his business.

If he was REALLY that out of line, which I don't think he was (call it bias, whatever), she should have called security from the get go and they would have told him to sit down - that would have been smarter IMO. Instead she decided to put herself and her man in a rather dangerous situation.

And for what it's worth, the seller decided to sell those tickets for a LOT of money. S/he should be ready to accept any repercussions as a result.

Agreed. If she put her hands on someone, then she was out of line. Either way, it's still not worth it to deck some jackass and get thrown out.

I'm sure you paid a ton for those tickets, but nowhere near what the value of the PSL would be. You could tell it to the judge that the seller accepted the responsibility for your behavior because you paid alot of money for the tickets, but I'm not sure you'd win that arguement especially if the police were involved and you were charged with any kind of misdemeanor. Assault, Disorderly conduct, drunk in public, take your pick.
Again, I'm not saying you'd lose if front of a judge. But wouldn't it be a bitch if you did and were held liable for damages on that kind of amount. Again, just not worth it.

smurof
11-24-2009, 03:05 AM
Opening days seem tto be more reserved, even the tailgating. Last game I was at(San Diego this year) we were surrounded by all types. I really think no one has trouble with the celebration of a good play, I always get a lot of looks from the quiet ones because I feel it is my duty to make some noise when the D is out there.

We had a girl in front of us to the right that didn't choke up on her towel and was whipping the guy behind her in the face all night. He didn't say anything and probably went on to post in some internet forum about how bad a time he had. I would have called her out if she was hitting me and probably got crowd support to back me up, hell she might not have even known.

Young couple in front of us to the left never moved, ate or cheered. Thought it was strange, but I was yelling enough for both of them. ;-)

klick81
11-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Agreed. If she put her hands on someone, then she was out of line. Either way, it's still not worth it to deck some jackass and get thrown out.

I'm sure you paid a ton for those tickets, but nowhere near what the value of the PSL would be. You could tell it to the judge that the seller accepted the responsibility for your behavior because you paid alot of money for the tickets, but I'm not sure you'd win that arguement especially if the police were involved and you were charged with any kind of misdemeanor. Assault, Disorderly conduct, drunk in public, take your pick.
Again, I'm not saying you'd lose if front of a judge. But wouldn't it be a bitch if you did and were held liable for damages on that kind of amount. Again, just not worth it.

Nah - I would have been fine in front of a judge. Hadn't had a single beer, and as soon as she touched him, I think she crossed the line where a judge would have seen her as the instigator!

atlsteelers
11-24-2009, 01:48 PM
i went to the browns game at hienz and have been to many games and came to this conclussion
good seats = wine and cheese crowd
standing in open end of the endzone = fun rowdy great fans.

T.Richardson
11-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Im one of the fans that likes to sit down with a buddy and watch the game, I wont cheer or get loud very often, because my voice isnt as loud as most people. My friends will say I have a soft, quiet voice, which is true, and I usually cant yell loud enough. But I will cheer for big plays, and touchdowns, but not as loud.

klick81
11-24-2009, 02:31 PM
i went to the browns game at hienz and have been to many games and came to this conclussion

You may be on to something there.

SteelMember
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm all about fan courtesy and XT will tell you - at Pens games when the action resumes after a commercial break and people don't wait until there is a break to return to their seats or just HAVE to stagger their way over to the aisle to go get another beer, I am very vocal and refuse to get up to let them by. I turn to the side and make them climb over me.

I'm with ya here HTG. I'll take it a step further. I don't think there's anything that bugs me more then someone, usually a group of people, that show up fashionably late. They'll get there an hour late. Find there seats. Get back up to get food/beverage. Then need to use the restroom... as a group. By the time they finally get situated, I've stood up about 6 times waiting for them to pass by. I always seem to get the snarky "sor-rey" folks.
Now, on top of that, they are always the ones who are the first to leave. :mad: What is this? Date Night?

So your sayin' you had one of those "hate to see you go, but love to watch leave" views. :naughty: :chuckle:

SteelerFanInATL
11-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Sounds like you had a bunch of suites around you. FOOTBALL, AND NO STANDING AND CHEERING???? CRAZY

HughC
11-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah, you beat me to it - I was going to say the same thing.

I think this is a universal problem with all 32 NFL teams at this point and not isolated to one or two stadiums/group of fans. As a result of tickets becoming so expensive and so many tickets owned by corporations, there are far more 'casual' fans (aka bandwagon fans) at games for all teams. Meanwhile many who follow teams the most closely and truly know and care about their teams simply cannot afford to attend in person any longer. The end result is great seats remaining empty, certain sections of all stadiums being rather quiet, and some fans wanting others to sit down and be quiet.

Pretty sad that this is the what is becoming of NFL crowds, but it had to be expected to happen sooner or later with the increase in ticket prices and the proliferation of corporate suites.

Shellshock
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Sit in the seat, you paid for it.

chucoblack&gold
11-24-2009, 10:49 PM
:screwy: what? this isn't the opera!

You've made the trek to the motherland, of course you're gonna show your team spirit! :tt02: ...... it just comes down to be being respectful to our fellow Steeler fans:drink:

markymarc
11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
My feeling is you paid to enjoy a Pittsburgh Steelers football game so have some fun. But you also have to show some respect for the surrounding fans.