PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu Will Be In Commercial With Obama...

SteelerEmpire
11-21-2009, 12:05 PM
President Barack Obama will join Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, Saints quarterback Drew Brees and Cowboys linebacker Demarcus Ware in a special public service announcement debuting during each of the three NFL games played on Thanksgiving. The 90-second PSA is a joint effort of the NFL’s PLAY 60 campaign, a leaguewide effort to fight childhood obesity by getting kids active for 60 minutes a day, and United We Serve, the President’s initiative encouraging all Americans to participate in community service. The PSA also will air during the Sunday and Monday Night Football games on Thanksgiving Weekend and continue airing throughout the rest of the season in a shorter format.
I wonder if the Pres. caught that pass ???????

)))))))))))))))))))))))))http://static.steelers.com/MediaContent//2009/11/19/13/09_OBAMA_Polamalu_114388.jpg

Steelboy84
11-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Take Mr. Steroid head Ware out and it'll be a good message.

HometownGal
11-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh gee - what a shocker. Obaaaaaaaaaama using the NFL as a PR source. Who would have thunk it? :doh:

Good for Troy and Brees though! :drink:

KeiselPower99
11-21-2009, 03:08 PM
The play 60 campaign is good but the Obama plan for community service can kiss my @ss. More community organizing by our organizer in chief. Sorry to high jack the thread.

OX1947
11-21-2009, 03:13 PM
AHAHHAHAHA, Obama can;t even be in a commercial with Polamalu without getting reared. That guy is a no win situation. He is screwed beyond.

GridironWarrior
11-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Ware was accused of steroid abuse??? I think that poster is thinking of Merriman. I hope Troy blasted Obama across the middle lol.

SteelCityMom
11-21-2009, 03:56 PM
The play 60 campaign is good but the Obama plan for community service can kiss my @ss. More community organizing by our organizer in chief. Sorry to high jack the thread.

I'm not an Obama fan in any way, but you make it sound like a PR to encourage community service is a BAD thing lol.

I could care less that the Pres is in a commercial with Troy and other players, they're promoting good causes...kudos to them.

devilsdancefloor
11-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I have no problem with it great program for kids. I wonder if troy lays him out over the middle :tt03:.:wink02::chuckle:

tony hipchest
11-21-2009, 04:40 PM
this thread will be hijacked with anti-obama vitrol in 5...4...3...

oh wait. :doh:

nevermind.

:rolleyes:

GoSlash27
11-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Everyone here knows I'm no fan of Obama, but fer cryin' out loud!! :doh:
He is the President. Presidents appear in public service announcements. They do that from time to time...

steelwalls
11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
I amno fan of Obama as you all know but I see nothing wrong with this ad. This is Americas game (not meaning others cannot enjoy it) but in America we do not have things that are 'truley' ours, it has been a mixture of all sorts of cultures.

Plus it is for a good cause, I think parents today need to be aware of the health risks they are putting their children at when they let them hang around the house all day eating cheeseburgers, and playing the playstation. When I was a kid I was never in my house, allways outside playing, or doing some sort of sports with friends or cousins.

Godfather
11-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Everyone here knows I'm no fan of Obama, but fer cryin' out loud!! :doh:
He is the President. Presidents appear in public service announcements. They do that from time to time...

I agree, except I prefer to watch a football game without having to look at politicians (even if it's one of the few I like).

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Too bad the NFLís PLAY 60 campaign is a crock of you know what. No matter how many minute these kids are playing, they can't burn off the garbage they eat at home and at school. The "pizza and French (Freedom) fries" diet they are being fed in school combined with the T.V. dinners at home are a much bigger problem.

4xSBChamps
11-22-2009, 03:25 AM
.... will this commercial be shown in all 57 states?

43Hitman
11-22-2009, 07:47 AM
.... will this commercial be shown in all 57 states?

:toofunny:

Vincent
11-22-2009, 08:13 AM
I hope Troy blasted Obama across the middle lol.

I hope Troy takes the opportunity to engage the Narcissist in Chief in a frank discussion about abortion.

4xSBChamps
11-22-2009, 08:28 AM
I hope Troy takes the opportunity to engage the Narcissist in Chief in a frank discussion about abortion.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/political/Obama-LookAngry.jpg

SteelerEmpire
11-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Too bad the NFL’s PLAY 60 campaign is a crock of you know what. No matter how many minute these kids are playing, they can't burn off the garbage they eat at home and at school. The "pizza and French (Freedom) fries" diet they are being fed in school combined with the T.V. dinners at home are a much bigger problem.

Yea.... its all about diet. More important than the exercise itself.
In May of this year, my aunt had a mild heart attack. She has been around 210 lbs for about 20 yrs. Her doctor told her to just eat bran and fiber. By the time August came around (3 months later) she was at 170 lbs..... and this is with NO exercise !!!
She has not felt or looked so healthy in I don't know how long.....
Diet is more important than exercise.... But a combo of both will have you as strong as an ox.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-02-2009, 04:53 AM
In May of this year, my aunt had a mild heart attack. She has been around 210 lbs for about 20 yrs. Her doctor told her to just eat bran and fiber. By the time August came around (3 months later) she was at 170 lbs..... and this is with NO exercise !!!
Diet is more important than exercise.... But a combo of both will have you as strong as an ox.

I wouldn't say eating only bran and fiber is the smartest idea. Something like Zone is very healthy and probably the easiest diet to follow and keep up with.

If you have no idea of how many calories you are eating, you aren't doing it right. I use www.fitday.com to track my nutrition.

BlastFurnace
12-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Will Michelle be playing Nose Tackle in the video?

SteelerEmpire
12-02-2009, 09:12 AM
------------------
Quoting I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
I wouldn't say eating only bran and fiber is the smartest idea. Something like Zone is very healthy and probably the easiest diet to follow and keep up with.

If you have no idea of how many calories you are eating, you aren't doing it right. I use www.fitday.com to track my nutrition.
-----------------
Cool. I was planning on looking up something like this but just did not ever get around to it.... I will use it.... thanks for the hook-up.....

Gnutella
12-02-2009, 02:17 PM
A few things...

1. The fact that we need PSA's to remind parents to let their kids play is a sad reflection on society. The nanny-staters on the left won't let their kids go anywhere without helmets, and the xenophobes on the right don't want their kids outside because the neighbors are "creepy."

2. I wouldn't have a problem with Barack Obama being in the commercial if I didn't have to see him every-goddamn-where else on TV Monday through Friday.

3. I watch football on the weekends specifically to get away from politics. I don't think that escaping for two days out of seven is too much to ask for, especially since I'd drive myself borderline batsh*t crazy like my mother has if I paid attention to politics seven days a week.

4xSBChamps
12-02-2009, 04:05 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/test/Ronald_ReaganSteelerfan.jpg

Psyychoward86
12-02-2009, 04:48 PM
i saw that commercial! Cut Sweed and bring in Obama. With hands like that he cant fail much more than Sweed :chuckle: