PDA

View Full Version : The Penn State Thread...

BB2W
03-15-2005, 08:12 PM
I am a big Penn State football fan. I always have been......kinda strange since I was born in Mich and grew up in Ohio. I know they are not very good, but I still watch every game. I hope they can turn things around.

If anyone ever wants to chat PSU football.........holla

HinesWard4Life8682
03-15-2005, 10:08 PM
im a michigan fan for life. i loveeee them. Braylon Edwards this year baby.

clevestinks
03-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Penn State here. Also Pitt though

BlitzburghRockCity
03-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Have about 5 PSU campus' within 2 hours of my house..so yeah, im in PSU country

ironcitychef
03-17-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm a Pitt fan myself, but I wanted to ask you as a fan, do you think Joe Pa should a) be fired, b) retire, or c) be able to coach until physically unable? Just wondering because I thought it was bad when Pitt started beating you all, and we were not good yet. I'd love for Happy Valley to be just that again.

BB2W
03-17-2005, 01:36 AM
I think it is sad that Paterno could not end his carrer on top. I am not sure why they are not an elite football program anymore. I dont think Joe Pa is to blame.......he is a statue. He does not call the plays.

I do think play calling is far to conservative, but the last 4 bad seasons can all be blamed on Zack Mills. He is the worst QB I have ever seen play. He was on some teams with great defenses.

I am not sure that todays athlete or recruit identifies with Paterno, and they dont seem to respond.

He always lets upper-classmen play and is more concerned with graduation rate than win loss record and tha NCAA needs more people like that.

I will miss him when he's gone, but I look forward to him stepping down and I think that should be whenever he is ready.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 09:23 PM
GOOOOOOOO MICHIGAN lol

clevestinks
03-21-2005, 06:27 AM
Hines you`ll have to take it to the Blastfurnace for the Penn Mich game. I know we suck lately.

clevestinks
03-21-2005, 06:28 AM
I vote for Joe Pa to step down on his own, I thought that would be the respectable thing to do. But time is runnung out, our football program is sinking fast, we need a change now.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2005, 08:52 AM
I second that motion. The man is just letting his legacy get alittle more tarnished, for lack of a better term. the guy is first class all the way, and I have nothing but respect for him. no denying he's one of the best of all time in NCAA history. But man joepa, just go ahead and rest, relax, and enjoy the family for the other 6 months out of the year too for a change.

BB2W
03-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Football is all Paterno has I will let him coach as long as he wants. I think he will die within 2 years of retirement.

Are you guys ready for the Anthony Morelli era?

I am excited to see Justin King on the field as a freshman. He was the #1 recruited CB in the nation and we got him.

We also got Derrick Williams the #2 WR in the nation. He will be Morelli's target in the future.

clevestinks
03-22-2005, 08:50 AM
I agree its been a good recruiting year for JoePa, but will he see them through

HinesWard4Life8682
03-27-2005, 01:24 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOO WOLVERINES

i'm tellin ya, that RB hart is gonna be in the heisman running soon

BB2W
03-27-2005, 11:28 AM
You are an idiot......... start a wolverines thread. I dont give a damn about you, or Michigan, or that loser RB Hart. Why would you post sh1t about Mich in a Penn State thread? You ARE an idiot.

clevestinks
03-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Big Ben as a fellow Nittany Lion fan, we will have some fun in the blast furnace this fall.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-28-2005, 11:58 PM
big ben 2 ward ur a bitch, i don't care what u say, asshole

BB2W
03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
LOL, You better go get your dad punk!

I didn't know you were a little kid.........that explains alot.

clevestinks
03-29-2005, 07:51 AM
WOW, like i said before its only March, wait til Sept. Hey you guys can hate each other over Penn State and Mich, but have to show some love in the Steelers forums.

We Are Penn State

HinesWard4Life8682
03-29-2005, 10:58 AM
ok w/e big ben 2 ward ur pretty damn annoying, y can't i talk about michigan here?

BB2W
03-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Start a Mighigan thread and talk about them all you want.

BB2W
03-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I think Courtney Brown and Lavar Arrington are busts. I know they both have been injured alot, but they have not performed up to expectaions. Brown pretty much stinks, and Lavar is one of the most overated players in the NFL. Arrington can be good at times because of his physical abilities, but he still makes alot of mental mistakes.

When they were at PSU they were amazing. Their last year together was on of the best defenses I have seen play. When they lined up on the same side of the field every offensive line was overmatched. I really enjoyed watching that team. After being drafted one and two overall I thought they would dominate the NFL...........especially Lavar.

It is sad how many Penn State draft picks have not been successfull in the NFL.

clevestinks
03-29-2005, 04:35 PM
It is sad how many Penn State draft picks have not been successfull in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Isn`t that the truth, Three cheers for Franco, Ham, Hartings and Perry

HinesWard4Life8682
03-29-2005, 10:52 PM
hey big ben 2 ward, my dad benches 325 :D

Brownskikass
03-31-2005, 11:33 AM
im a michigan fan for life. i loveeee them. Braylon Edwards this year baby.

What if Braylon went to the Browns :bouncy:

BB2W
03-31-2005, 11:43 AM
I dont know about you clevestinks, but I am so glad to see Zack Mills gone. He is the worst QB I have ever seen play. He cant throw at all. When he threw it looked like a right-handed person that decided to start throwing with his left....lol.....I liked him his freshman year and after that he was horrible. I imagine that Anthony Morelli will start this year over Michael Robinson. I hope we got a good QB for the next three years.

BB2W
03-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Five questions for Penn State this spring......

1. Who will take the lead at quarterback?

Many believe quarterback is not even the best position for senior Michael Robinson, who suffered five interceptions last season in 39 pass attempts. Meanwhile, sophomore Anthony Morelli has a big arm and big potential. This is his time to show he's up to starting.

2. Will freshmen Justin King and Derrick Williams dazzle?

Gateway's Justin King and Maryland's Derrick Williams carry the weight of mammoth expectations, both externally and internally. They've enrolled early, part of a freshman class expected to help put Penn State back on a winning track. Their progress will be closely monitored.

3. Can the offensive line toughen up?

Joe Paterno said at his pre-spring news conference that his offensive linemen have disappointed, largely because of a lack of mental toughness. If this group doesn't come together, it won't matter a whole lot who's at quarterback, or how well the freshmen play.

4. Will position changes bear fruit?

Paterno has promised a lot of experimentation this spring, switching some defensive players to offense and vice versa. Because nine starters return each on offense and defense, the lineup needs fine-tuning, not total reconstruction.

5. Who will take the lead at placekicker?

Inconsistent Robbie Gould (7 of 13 field goals in 2004) is gone. Patrick Humes (Pine-Richland) and Pat Rosenella are the only kickers on the spring roster, but they'll have competition this fall from incoming freshmen Kevin Kelly and Matthew Waldron.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/college/pennstate/s_316665.html

Brownskikass
03-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Joe Pa needs to retire....ENOUGH SAID

He hasnt done anything since the Courtney Brown/Lavar Arrington days....

HANG IT UP!

BB2W
03-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Back to Joe Pa again?

Paterno is not gonna retire soon. He promised the father of Anthony Morelli that he would be the coach as long as his son attends PSU. Morelli is just a sophomore so that is at least three more seasons. For most Penn State fans they would like to see Paterno coach as long as he wants. Some things at PSU are more significant than a win loss record, but I agree a change is needed.

Most Penn State fans understand that Paterno is nothing more than a statue.......a figurehead. He has almost nothing to do wtih playbooks, play-calling, or recruiting. Therefore I dont think he can be held responsible for the recent unsuccessfull seasons. However, I think todays athelete does not identify with Paterno. That hurts recruiting witch hurts your win loss record. Most atheletes today want a free ride. Paterno is very strict, and is more concerned wtih GPA and graduation rate. The NCAA needs more people like Paterno.

McNabbulous5
03-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Man talking about Michigan in a PSU thread is absolutely horrible. But anyways I am a huge PSU fan and I am looking forward to this fall and cant wait for football season to startup again. About those 5 questions I dont know I think in the end we will see vintage JoePa and MRobinson will be the starting QB. The only problem I see with that is I really dont want to see the option every other play. We wasted Morelli's redshirt year so lets use him... Derrick Williams and Justin King will definitely be a force to be reckoned with. I believe Williams will be used to spread the field and Mark Rubin will benefit from that catching all of the underneath stuff. If MRob lines up at receiver that gives us another deep ball threat. I believe that Justin King will be used like Ted Ginn Jr. from OSU and could make or break a game on punt returns. All in all I am expecting a great year from Penn State but then again I was expecting the same last year too so I guess we will have to see...

clevestinks
03-31-2005, 08:36 PM
If Joe Pa has a good season should he be satisfied and walk away then

BlitzburghRockCity
03-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Man talking about Michigan in a PSU thread is absolutely horrible. But anyways I am a huge PSU fan and I am looking forward to this fall and cant wait for football season to startup again. About those 5 questions I dont know I think in the end we will see vintage JoePa and MRobinson will be the starting QB. The only problem I see with that is I really dont want to see the option every other play. We wasted Morelli's redshirt year so lets use him... Derrick Williams and Justin King will definitely be a force to be reckoned with. I believe Williams will be used to spread the field and Mark Rubin will benefit from that catching all of the underneath stuff. If MRob lines up at receiver that gives us another deep ball threat. I believe that Justin King will be used like Ted Ginn Jr. from OSU and could make or break a game on punt returns. All in all I am expecting a great year from Penn State but then again I was expecting the same last year too so I guess we will have to see...

That post definately gives people hope..but we're taking PSU here, who hasnt done jack in so long its not even funny. and I like penn state.

ironcitychef
04-01-2005, 01:02 AM
I could be happier if Joe Pa went out a winner so people could talk about his greatness instead of his dwindling. Either way, if it took him this long to build for one year its time to go...

HinesWard4Life8682
04-02-2005, 12:31 AM
i don't think they will have a winning season

McNabbulous5
04-02-2005, 06:17 PM
It all depends... I think that they have a rather easy schedule starting off with South Florida, Cincinatti, Central Michigan, and Northwestern in the first month. Then we play Minnesota and OSU at home and the OSU game is at night... Anyone remember the last time PSU played at Night??? 41-7 victory over Nebraska so that gives us the crowd advantage. The only tough game that we play away from Beaver Stadium is @ Michigan. The only thing that I dont like about our schedule is that our off week is right at the end of the season. I think we may lose a few close games but I have been quoted saying that this is the year and PSU will be in contention for a National Title!?!? I have the Rose Bowl or bust fund started this year so I am feeling really confident maybe too confident but I guess we will find out in September.

BB2W
04-10-2005, 03:31 PM
UNIVERSITY PARK -- Spring Drills and Scrimmage

What those who bothered to come witnessed, tended to look a lot like last season.

The Penn State defense, first, second or third, was largely dominant in the scrimmage portion of the afternoon.

The first-team offense, going against the first defense in the tone-setting opening portion of scrimmaging, managed a procedure penalty and a Tony Hunt fumble in the first four plays.

Quarterback Michael Robinson did have some nice throws during the course of the day, including a 17-yard touchdown on a diving catch by Ethan Kilmer, one of those athletic defenders getting a look on offense this year.

Second-team quarterback Anthony Morelli endured an interception at the hands of Tony Davis at the goal line, and only a diving tackle by Morelli prevented it from being brought back all the way for a score.

Morelli also had two fumbles on center exchanges. But the exaggerated gesturing by Paterno and the subsequent removal of A. Q. Shipley, a defensive tackle taking a shot at center, suggested the coach wasn't blaming his sophomore quarterback.

Missing starting center E.Z. Smith, gone until at least the fall for disciplinary reasons, and starting guard Tyler Reed and backup tackle Andrew Richardson, who return Monday, surely didn't help the offensive line.

Anticipation for the Blue-White game, which will be played April 23, has centered on the presence of freshmen Justin King and Derrick Williams in spring drills as early enrollees.

King continues to be sidelined with a foot/ankle problem, but those who have seen him work have pronounced his spring as impressive.

Williams seemed to be in for most of the plays yesterday, likely owing to the urgency to get him acclimated to play a significant role as a freshman.

In drills, Williams brought back a punt all the way, dipping and exploding past would-be coverage men.

Williams also caught a short pass in the left flat and made first-team cornerback Anwar Phillips, an athletic sort himself, look bad with a stop-and-go move.

Some observers felt a post-play coaching session meant Williams had run an incorrect route, but what he did after catching the ball should cheer the Nittany faithful, who have pined for years to have big-play potential on the outside.

Tailback Rodney Kinlaw a year and a half removed from knee surgery, showed an electric burst, which could bode well in the backfield, although Hunt plays ahead of him and Austin Scott is being held out of the heavy work because of his broken foot.

Two and a half hours after it had begun, it was over. The next Penn State football exposure comes in two weeks.

BB2W
04-19-2005, 12:11 AM
I like this quote......... I can't wait to see these guys play.

Freshman wide receiver Derrick Williams, who is participating in spring drills as an early enrollee, has impressed Alan Zemaitis, too.

"Derrick Williams is everything that they said and more. He's unbelievable," said Zemaitis, who also gave a rave review to freshman defensive back and likely spot offensive player Justin King.

"I feel like we have some very good freshman phenoms who are going to come on the field and make some impact right off the bat."

hardwork
04-22-2005, 09:41 PM
"9/11/2004

AP Wire

Boston College beat Penn State for the second straight year, 21-7 Saturday night."

BB2W
04-24-2005, 01:08 AM
Spring Blue/White game........

UNIVERSITY PARK -- As befits a man with a degree in advertising and public relations, Michael Robinson knows how to give the public what it wants.
The senior quarterback's first play Saturday in the Penn State Blue-White game, was a 35-yard pass completion to freshman Justin King. The next play was a Robinson completion to the other freshman phenom, Derrick Williams, for nine yards.

"I called (those) on my own," Robinson said, after a thunderstorm had ended the afternoon's exhibition at Beaver Stadium just short of the three-quarter mark. "I wanted to get those guys involved as fast as possible to show everybody that they can definitely do some things."

What they saw was encouraging. King (Gateway), who also plays defensive back and made a couple of nice plays there, ended with two catches for 53 yards. Williams had four receptions for 64 yards.

Robinson, who didn't play beyond the first quarter, completed all six of his passes, for 143 yards. The Blue team, stacked with starters on offense and defense, won by a 14-6 score.

The enthusiasm beyond the team for King and Williams is understandable. But what is surprising for a program that emphasizes paying dues, is how quickly the two have been embraced internally. Call it pigskin pragmatism.

"We have a lot of confidence in those guys and we know they're going to make a lot of plays for us and score for us and that's what we've been missing a little bit here," said linebacker Paul Posluszny (Hopewell). "With those guys, we know the points aren't going to be a problem."

"They're two of the best players in the country in this class, and I think they could be two of the best players in the country later on in their careers here at Penn State," Robinson said. "The reason why we've accepted them so much is because we definitely need them."

BB2W
06-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Penn State's football season will open with a 3:30 p.m. kickoff vs. South Florida on Sept. 3 at Beaver Stadium, one of three game times announced Thursday. The game will be carried by ESPN Plus and ESPNU.

The Sept. 10 home game with Cincinnati will begin at noon and be televised on ESPN Plus.

The Sept. 17 home game with Central Michigan is scheduled for a 1:30 kickoff and will not be televised. It will be available on a webcast.

Previously, Penn State had announced a 7 or 7:45 p.m. start time for an Oct. 8 home game with Ohio State and a 7 p.m. kickoff for an Oct. 22 game at Illinois.

The schedule:

Sept. 3: South Florida, 3:30.
Sept. 10: Cincinnati, noon.
Sept. 17: Central Michigan, 1:30.
Sept. 24: at Northwestern, TBA.
Oct. 1: Minnesota, TBA.
Oct. 8: Ohio State, 7 or 7:45.
Oct. 15: at Michigan, TBA.
Oct. 22: at Illinois, 7.
Oct. 29: Purdue, TBA.
Nov. 5: Wisconsin, TBA.
Nov. 19: at Michigan State, TBA.

clevestinks
06-23-2005, 02:50 PM
6-5 at best, I hate to say!

Browns_Suck
06-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey how about that found some STATE fans here. I lived in collegeville for two years and am big fan. I am actually looking forward to this year I think we will be respectable. And as far as JoPa goes...I say he leaves whenever he is ready.

clevestinks
06-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey how about that found some STATE fans here. I lived in collegeville for two years and am big fan. I am actually looking forward to this year I think we will be respectable. And as far as JoPa goes...I say he leaves whenever he is ready.
Wow we have two things in common! You sure you don`t like the Steelers? LOL :D

geran42o
06-26-2005, 01:51 PM
GOOOOOOOO MICHIGAN lol
Michigan Sucks. Go Ohio State. LOL

BB2W
06-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey Grean, the OSU vs. PSU game will be played at night this year. :cool: Although PSU has sucked recently......we always play you guys pretty tough, but we cant get any offense going. Remember whe we lost like 7 to 13, but we led all game 7 to 6. Gamble picked one off late and returned it all the way for the win. :banging:

We are turning over a new leaf......no more Zack Mills. :)

clevestinks
06-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Grean, the OSU vs. PSU game will be played at night this year. :cool: Although PSU has sucked recently......we always play you guys pretty tough, but we cant get any offense going. Remember whe we lost like 7 to 13, but we led all game 7 to 6. Gamble picked one off late and returned it all the way for the win. :banging:

A night game will be sweet. Go P.S.U.

BB2W
06-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Five Penn State football players have been named to the watch lists for three national awards. Junior linebacker Paul Posluszny of Hopewell High School, sophomore linebacker Dan Connor and senior cornerback Alan Zemaitis are candidates for the Bednarik Award, presented to the nation's top defensive player. Posluszny and Zemaitis are candidates for the Bronko Nagurski Award, also given to the top defensive player by the Football Writers Association. Senior quarterback Michael Robinson and junior tailback Tony Hunt are candidates for the Maxwell Award, presented to the nation's top player.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-29-2005, 07:20 PM

I'll be at that game.. a buddy of mine has season tickets..so we're gonna go see PSU whip up on OSU.. :rolleyes:

clevestinks
07-01-2005, 09:40 PM
That would be a great tic to get, i do have some pretty good osu connections

BlitzburghRockCity
07-01-2005, 09:42 PM
cleve, u should definately come.. we'll party Steeler style at the PSU/OSU game! :D

clevestinks
07-02-2005, 08:34 AM
I`ll see what I can do. Wives or no wives? Doesn`t matter either way! Just let me know.

BB2W
07-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I am jealous.....I have been to one Penn State game and it was at OSU. It was awesome, even though they lost. The top college stadiums are amazing.....They dwarf NFL stadiums.
It is a different atmosphere, you get a totally different feeling than going to an NFL game. :cool:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah college games are a blast... and a game at PSU is something everyone should experience at least once.

BB2W
07-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I just was watching Sportscenter and they picked Penn State as one of five sleeper teams entering the upcoming season.

SteelersFever
07-06-2005, 01:28 PM
I LOVE Penn State! I always watched them growing up as a kid and continue to this day. My neighbor was the equipment manager for Penn State. So, maybe that had some influence. He knew the players and coaches personally and was going to take me to the games and introduce me to everyone. Sadly, he died unexpectedly when I was 14. He was the kindest person you would ever hope to meet! He guided my family through some rough times.

As time progressed I had the opportunity to meet and talk for a few minutes with Joe Paterno at my high school. It was an unbelievable experience. One of the greatest college coaches of all-time talking with me.

BB2W
07-06-2005, 02:51 PM
This is gonna sound soft, but I would porobabally faint talking to Joe Pa. I didn't know you were a PSU fan Mike??? You have never replied to thid thread before. It is almost hard to admit we root for them now, huh.....what a shame. I hope they turn things around before Joe Pa leaves. Good to know there is another Nittany Lion fan on board. :cool:

BB2W
07-09-2005, 04:05 PM
UNIVERSITY PARK -- Paul Posluszny is Penn State's first junior football captain since Mike Reid and Steve Smear in 1968. Fellow 2005 tri-captains Michael Robinson and Alan Zemaitis, both seniors, think the guy they call "Pos" deserved the honor even earlier.
"Ever since he's been a freshman, I've voted for him to be a captain," Robinson said Thursday. "He deserves it."

Similar sentiment was expressed by Zemaitis, who also was on hand for a news conference to announce a 2006 Penn State football fantasy camp.

"Since he was a freshman, you could sense something special," said Zemaitis, a cornerback. "I've always tried to get him as a captain since he was a sophomore."

This unscheduled testimonial for the underclassman linebacker, as the three players shared a table in the auditorium in the Lasch Building, embarrassed Posluszny.

"I know," Robinson said with an impish grin. "He was turning red, man."

Afterward, Posluszny confirmed his embarrassment.

"Oh, definitely," he said. "I don't really like to hear about myself a whole lot. But those are great guys. They're my brothers. I would do anything for them. They're just trying to make me feel good, so I appreciate that.

"They've never said anything like that to me before. I was really surprised. Right when we got out, I said 'Thank you for saying all that.' "

Robinson and Zemaitis may not have said it before, but they've been thinking it since the Aliquippa kid arrived at Penn State from Hopewell High School for the 2003 season.

"He was behind Gino Capone and when Gino came out because of an injury and he came in, it was a different tone," Zemaitis said. "The way that he came, his presence and the way he attacked things, I knew that he was going to be a special player.

"When he opens his mouth, everybody's going to come around and listen to what he has to say. When we're out on the field, when things are flying and it's real life, it's not practice any more. He can settle everybody down and bring a focus to the game. He's been doing that since he was a freshman. It's about time people recognize what he's really about, because he's a real deal player."

Robinson's Posluszny epiphany came during a 7-on-7 drill in practice.

First, Robinson, working at quarterback, stood behind starter Zack Mills and observed something amazing.

"Zack dropped back and I really did not know where Zack was going to throw the ball, but I had an idea," Robinson said. "Zack didn't stare at it. And he threw it and Pos broke on the ball like 'Z' would, like a DB. I'm like, man, who was that? I didn't even know who he was.

"I was, where you from? Apple Kipple? He broke on it so fast and then the next play I got in there and I tried to scramble and I tried to shake him and he stayed with me. I was like, this guy's for real."

There was more.

"When the workouts came, he was winning every race," Robinson said. "He's pushing himself. He got beside me and it's like 'Mike, come on, let's race.' A freshman. I'm looking at him like you want to race me? I'm going to beat you every single time. And I beat him sometimes, instead of every single time."

No big deal, Posluszny said, explaining he was just trying to do everything he could to get on the field as quickly as possible.

Now that he's established himself, Posluszny isn't about to become complacent.

"I feel like I'm in the right spot at the right time. I'm really privileged to be playing here," he said. "I'm just trying to take advantage of it."

This guy is a beast....first junior captain since 1968! That is great, I like him a lot. I hope he stay for his senior year, but he is ready for the NFL. He plays hard, and fast every play.

Posluszny is a candidate for the Bednarik Award, presented to the nation's top defensive player. He is also a candidate for the Bronko Nagurski Award, also given to the top defensive player by the Football Writers Association.

BB2W
07-31-2005, 02:01 AM
Neshaminy defensive tackle Tom McEowen (6-4, 279) committed to Penn State. McEowen, regarded as one of the top 10 players in Pennsylvania, had visited Penn State and Maryland. He is the Nittany Lions' third recruit from the Class of 2006, and the first from Pennsylvania.

TheTeenieSteeler
08-01-2005, 06:50 PM
I love Penn State too..... Glad to hear there are more Lion fans on here.....I think with their Defense this should be a better year with the offense having a LITTLE more firepower......Attending a college game is quite something... I do all the home games only being a half an hour away makes it quite easy.......I did attend the Colts vs. Steelers Monday night game in 2001 and I thought that was a great atmosphere also.

SteelCityMan786
08-11-2005, 11:57 AM
We Are.......penn State!

SteelCityMan786
08-11-2005, 12:14 PM
2005 Penn State Schedule
Sept. 3 South Florida 3:30 ESPN+
Sept. 10 Cincinnati 12:00 ESPN+
Sept. 17 Central Michigan 3:30 ESPN+
Sept. 24 @ Northwestern TBA
Oct. 1 Minnesota TBA
Oct. 8 Ohio State 7:00 or 7:45 ESPN or ESPN 2
Oct. 15 @ Michigan TBA
Oct. 22 @ Illionis 7:00 ESPN 2
Oct. 29 Purdue TBA
Nov. 5 Wisconsin TBA
Nov. 19 @ Michigan State TBA

The Central Michigan Game was moved to 3:30 and put on TV. anywhere between 7-4 to 11-0 I expect.

blairsummit
08-18-2005, 01:13 AM
ill be at some of those games!

we are...penn state!!!

BB2W
08-18-2005, 01:40 AM
You are a PSU fan too!.... IOU some rep. :cool:

blairsummit
08-18-2005, 01:56 AM
heck yeah man. i know this is old, but why do you think the sky is blue and white? gods a penn stater!!!!!! haha

yeah penn state is my fav college team. i also had many of friends that played football for joe pa and friends that just attend there.

SteelCityMan786
08-19-2005, 06:21 PM
I've been on the PSU Bandwagon since I was born. Wasn't alive to see the National Championships. Did live for the Rose Bowl Win. I am starving to see Penn State win it all.

SteelCityMan786
08-19-2005, 06:23 PM
You are a PSU fan too!.... IOU some rep. :cool:

BB2W I'll be at the Central Michigan game.

Blitzburgh55
08-23-2005, 03:10 PM
My mom and dad went to psu

BB2W
08-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Penn State switching to "spread offense"

At first blush, excitement over Penn State's flirtation with a spread offense seems to be a stretch -- pun intended.

A team with a quarterback who threw just 39 passes last season, completing a mere 14, is going to revitalize the offense by airing it out to a group of wide receivers that will depend heavily on untested freshmen?

The spread attack is anticipated to open up the running game, too, which has been none-too-spectacular more often than not during a run of four losing seasons in the past five.

This new offensive style would put Penn State in step with college football of the current vintage, where last season eight of the top 11 schools were relying on an offense that could be characterized as a spread, with four or five receivers out wide and one or even zero running backs.

The nagging question is, does Penn State have the personnel to make this transition? Last year, when the receiving corps tended to the slow and ham-handed, the answer was an unqualified "No."

This year, buoyed by the addition of the likes of highly regarded recruits Derrick Williams, Justin King and Lydell Sargeant, less well-known freshman Jordan Norwood, and the shift to offense of speedy Deon Butler, the answer could be "Yes."

"It's all relative," Joe Paterno said. "You can spread people out all over the place, but if the other guy is containing you one-on-one, you don't do yourself much good. You have to have a guy that, when you spread them out, is superior to the guy that is going to try to handle him."

Because of Williams and King, the latter Paterno has said will play more on offense than defense, as well as the other additions, the coach is thinking positively.

"I think you will see more of a spread-type offense with us this year until we feel like we can't get it done with that," he said. "Right now, we are hopeful that we will be able to get it done."

Quarterback Michael Robinson has higher expectations than barely getting it done.

"I really enjoy the spread offense," the fifth-year senior said. "It puts defenses in a bind and opens things up a little bit as far as defenses stacking the box and trying to stop me from doing quarterback runs and things like that. We finally have enough receivers that can be on the field at the same time to be able to make plays."

That receiving corps was so short last season, Robinson had to double as backup and occasional starting quarterback, as well as wide receiver.

The view from the defensive side of Penn State practices, put forth by senior cornerback Alan Zemaitis, is encouraging.

"I like to see stuff like that," he said. "Sometimes you go against your squad so much it gets repetitious. Just to see a little change-up, a little wrinkle in the outfit, made me get excited a little bit for the season coming up-- to see we've got something a little different for teams to watch out for."

Backup quarterback Anthony Morelli, the sophomore from Penn Hills, also is enthused about the spread look.

"We've got more speed with these young guys, Justin and Derrick and Deon and Lydell, all of those guys are looking really good," he said. "We're trying to spread the ball out and get it in their hands."

It was suggested Penn State might be poised to rise from Big Ten offensive also-ran to a spot near the top.

"That's what I would like to say. That's what I hope," Morelli said. "We'll have to wait and see. I don't want to say anything right now. We'll be able to tell after the first couple of games."

If the spread brings the big play back to the Penn State offense -- there was not a single pass play that gained more than 49 yards last season and just one run longer than 47 yards -- the change will be a success.

"Offensively, we have to be better," Paterno said. "There are not two ways about it. We have to make more big plays."

link..... http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/college/pennstate/s_36561.html
I cant decide if this is a good or a bad thing.....

Pros:
- The spread may open things up for the running game, and it will certainly help Michael Robinson when he pulls it down and runs. Mike may have alot of rushing yards this season.
- With four wides someone will be open..... I am sure Derrick Williams and Justin King can't be covered one on one.
- More big-play capabilities.

Cons:
- Michael Robinson is not a very good QB, and is not an accurate passer at all.
- I don't like the thought of him learning a new offense his senior year. If he struggles we may see Anthony Morelli.
- I am not sure if our offensive line is good enough to play in the spread.
- I don't like the thought of Joe Pa and PSU trying to be flashy. I like the hard nosed, run the ball first, defense wins championships approach to football.....

McNabbulous5
08-29-2005, 03:04 AM
I'll be at that game.. a buddy of mine has season tickets..so we're gonna go see PSU whip up on OSU.. :rolleyes:

Oh it will be on in State College that day my friend. We will whip up on OSU....

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!

SteelCityMan786
08-29-2005, 10:07 AM
I'll be at Penn State this Saturday when Penn State opens up a Big Ol Can Of WHOOP ASS on the South Florida Bulls and then again in 2 weeks Central Michigan Chipewas.

BB2W
08-29-2005, 02:50 PM
I was watching my local news do a Big Ten special preveiw this weekend..... I live in Ohio so they are the biggest homers, but when the host asked one of their analysts who were the best freshman, and would any have impact in 2005.

The analyst replied.... Thats easy, the two best freshman are on the same team at Penn State in Derrick Williams and Justin King. He mentioned that Williams is a gamebreaker.... the likes that PSU has never had. They showed alot of his highlights from High School, and he looked amazing. He also said that even as a freshman he is the best player on PSU's offense and he compared him to Ted Ginn Jr. but said Williams is more versitile.

He then talked about Justin King and said if it wasn't for Williams we would all be talking about King. He may end up a CB, but will play WR early to help in the spread offense. He stated that King will likely play both ways his entire career, and has the same big-play capabilities as Williams.

I can't wait to see these two guys play!!!

BB2W
08-31-2005, 01:13 AM
Here's a look at the Nittany Lions as game one approaches.

Quarterback

Paterno praised Michael Robinson ("I think he's had a good preseason. As he plays, I think he'll get better. I think he's pretty well where he ought to be.") and indicated no plans at the moment to have both Robinson and backup Anthony Morelli on the field at the same time.

Running backs

Incumbent tailback Tony Hunt has held off Austin Scott and Rodney Kinlaw, but expect all to see action. BranDon Snow is the fullback. Penn State needs a better overall ground game and there is optimism it might happen this year.

Wide receivers

The season-ending injury to sophomore Mark Rubin has injected Ethan Kilmer, a senior walk-on transfer from Shippensburg, into a starting job opposite freshman phenom Derrick Williams. The hype surrounding Williams, Justin King, Lydell Sargeant and other newcomers has even members of the defense like tackle Jay Alford paying attention. "Last year, the offense, we weren't able to put up that many points. This year we have weapons like Derrick Williams, Justin King, Michael Robinson at quarterback. I'm anxious to see how that turns out," Alford said.

Offensive line

Missing projected starters at center and right guard because of offseason discipline problems, the listed starters are Levi Brown at left tackle, Charles Rush at left guard, Lance Antolick at center, Robert Price at right guard and John Wilson at right tackle. Unfazed, Rush said. "I think we have a chance to be a great offensive line."

Defensive line

Former starting tackle Scott Paxson has worked his way to backup status after offseason discipline problems. Alford and Jim Shaw, who is nursing a sore toe, are listed as starters inside. Tamba Hali and Matthew Rice start at ends, with Josh Gaines the third man in the rotation. "I think we're doing all right. I think we're pretty good there," Paterno said.

Linebacker

Tim Shaw has moved outside to fill the starting spot vacated by Dan Connor in the wake of his prank telephone call problems. Paul Posluszny is the other outside backer, with Butler red-shirt freshman Tyrell Sales replacing Shaw inside. "It seems like the middle is a great spot for him," Shaw said of Sales.

Defensive backs

Cornerbacks Alan Zemaitis and Anwar Phillips are a top college tandem. Calvin Lowry is solid at hero and Chris Harrell, back from a year off with a neck injury, is a big hitter at safety. Progress among younger backups has allowed Paterno to use King more on offense than originally planned.

Special teams

Punter Jeremy Kapinos is very good. The return and coverage teams should benefit from the influx of speedy youngsters. Left to be determined is which freshman kicker, Kevin Kelly or Matt Waldron, will get the nod. "I haven't got the slightest idea," Paterno said. "Saturday morning I'll wake up and I might go out there and practice."

link...... http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/college/pennstate/s_369208.html

BB2W
09-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Penn State won! :cheer: 23 - 13 over South Florida.... It was an ugly game, but the defense looked good.

Freshman WR/CB Justin King had a 62 yard run, and freshman WR Derrick Williams led the team in receiving.

QB Michael Robinson struggled and did not look comfortable. He ran the ball 18 times.

Ambridge
09-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Penn State-42
Cincinnati-24

:chug:

BB2W
09-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Penn State looked good... The two freshman are gonna be great, they already have made big impacts in the first and second games. Robinson looked good throwing the deep ball, he completed a 62 yard TD pass to Justin King, and threw two more bombs to Derrick Williams and Deon Butler.

The defense played great, but the second team in mop up duty were unable to keep the 13 game streak of holding opponents to less than 21 points.

BB2W
09-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Penn State linebacker Dan Connor, who was in the middle of a 10-day deferred expulsion, appealed his punishment yesterday and was cleared to return to practice with the football team.

Because Connor met several requirements of his expulsion - he fulfilled 10 of his 20 required hours of community service over the weekend - Penn State's vice president for student affairs, Vicky Triponey, decided that the sophomore's penalty could be cut short. Originally, Connor had been banned from practicing with the team until Sunday.

The punishment stemmed from Connor's involvement in a series of harassing prank telephone calls to a former Penn State assistant coach. Yesterday, Connor wrote a letter of apology to the victim - another requirement of his punishment.

This is great news!... Connor is a beast, he and Poz make a pretty good linebacker tandem. I am glad to have him back, he is much better than that Sales guy...

clevestinks
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Congrats Joe Pa. Maybe this will be the season to finally walk off into the sunset? I love the guy but I would like him to go out on a winning note.

SteelCurtain
09-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I think Morelli needs to get in there at QB, Robinson did throw a couple nice deep bombs in the second half, but he looked terrible the first half...put Robinson at WR and Morelli at QB

BB2W
09-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Penn State's two preeminent pranksters, united in headlines for weeks, are now almost certain to escape their period of penance in unison. Neither sophomore linebacker Dan Connor nor senior center E.Z. Smith has appeared in a game this season, but Saturday, when Penn State faces Northwestern, both are likely to play.

At his weekly news conference yesterday, Joe Paterno addressed the situations of the two players, both of whom had taken residency in the coach's doghouse -- and been subject to university punishment -- because of novel forms of troublemaking. Smith was involved in an incident in which he used a bow and arrow to damage an on-campus apartment. Connor, along with some teammates, placed a series of crank calls to a former Penn State assistant coach.

Both former starters, by Paterno's word, must earn back their playing time. Perhaps for effect, he warned that the ultratalented Connor and the two-year starter Smith might not be able to outplay those ahead of them on the depth chart. But both will at least be given the chance

link....... http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05264/574990.stm

This is great news bot of them are two of our best players at their positions. I am glad to see them getting the chance to start.

It also goes on to say that Penn State will resurrect the series with Alabama and play their old rival in 2010 and 2011.... I know it doesn't have the ring it once did, but I will like seeing those two go head to head again.

Hammer67
09-21-2005, 01:02 PM
If Joe Pa has a good season should he be satisfied and walk away then

I Joe Pa will coach out his contract although he has mentioned recently that he would think about hanging it up if this year is a losing season.

I am a Joe Pa supporter. I say no one has done more for the University. Plus, he did get one of the best draft classes in the country with Derek Williams and Justin King. They look great this year and have given the offense new life with playmaking ability.

The defense was one of the best in the country last year and they will prove to be the same this year. We shall see.

I am going to the Northwestern game this weekend?

GO PSU!!!

BB2W
09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Have fun at the game.... I have only been to one, and we got smoked in Columbus. I am sure we will win whis week... something feels different about this team. I think they are much better, and they have a swagger that I haven't seen in a long time.

I also love the play of the two freshman. They are gonna be great!!!

Good to have another PSU fan around. :thmbup:

Hammer67
09-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Have fun at the game.... I have only been to one, and we got smoked in Columbus. I am sure we will win whis week... something feels different about this team. I think they are much better, and they have a swagger that I haven't seen in a long time.

I also love the play of the two freshman. They are gonna be great!!!

Good to have another PSU fan around. :thmbup:

As I am still in debt from my time there so I feel obligated to be a fan! I do miss fall Saturdays in State College. I haven't been to a game at Beaver Stadium since Nebraska a few years ago.

I miss college sometimes. They were interesting times. I loved Penn State. I think the team looks great this year. Although, I am picky. I am from the Kerry Collins & Ki-Janna Carter era...

I am going with my brother who is a '99 grad now living in Chicago. :alcohol:

I am in Detroit and am trying to score Michigan & MSU tickets as PSU plays here for both games. I want to see them at the Big House!

sisitki
09-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Hey Hammer, let me know what Northwestern was like. (I saw your note for this board at BGI). I was going to attend the Nortwestern game but decided not to. I took my kids back to PSU last weekend to see their first game (they're 4 & 8). Didn't want to travel back to back weekends.

I want to visit all the Big Ten stadiums while I'm in MI but so far I've only made it to the Big House and MSU. The shoe is on my list for next year.

The Big House is nice. It's different. My only complaint is the seating. If we made our seats that small Beaver would fit 135,000. I had ticket offers for the game this year (I work with a lot of Wolverines) but I have a trip to Disney world that weeknd. I told my wife no more vacations in football season.

Williams and King do look awesome. I think Butler has looked as good. He and King can give us a nice combination for years to come. They do have the swagger on this team but I'm still worried about the O line. It's been weak for years now. Not sure how it will hold up in the Big Ten (remember LJ's year). Only time will tell.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2005, 01:24 PM
The Reffing Stinks Today v.s. Northwestern and The D needs to make big stops.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Dear Mr. Delany Fire all of this refs, then fire yourself. You don't know how to run a conference that let each team get fair refs.

clevestinks
09-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Great comeback Joe Pa. The defense will struggle against big teams. But for today, great job.

I.C. Lights
09-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Way to pull it out...It would have been a shame to loose to Northwestern.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2005, 08:27 PM
At least the D is just getting better

sisitki
09-24-2005, 11:59 PM
The D pulled it together after the first drive. That personal foul on the QB in the 4th was crap. He slowed up at the line, it was legal. It'll be interesting to see how they do against the bigger teams. Run D looked at little suspect today but it was against a spread. Minnesota will bring the straight ahead attack. I was happy to see Conner back.

I'm about sick of MRob already. He needs to protect that ball. There's no excuse for the fumble at the goal line today. He wasn't even hit. I could cut him a break but he did the same thing against Cincy a few weeks ago when he had the breakaway at the midfield. Outside of the Central game, he's had 3-4 turnovers a game. That's not going to fly against the Buckeyes.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-25-2005, 12:41 PM
They get their first real test this week against Minn. I don't think Psu will be in the game past the first quarter.

BB2W
09-26-2005, 08:33 AM
What a comeback!!! I thought it was over. They got a lot of good things going for them, but I don't think they are as good as I thought they were. Hopefully we will get better throughout the season.

BB2W
09-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Penn State succeeded in making a successful Northwestern passage Saturday, a flawed-but-entertaining exorcism performed in Evanston, Ill.

That 34-29 Penn State win was the Lions' first in the past three tries against Northwestern, an opponent that had come to symbolize frustration for the guys in blue and white.

If Northwestern had come to be a thorn in the Lions' paws, then Minnesota has been a dagger to the heart.

It was the Gophers who performed the act that many pinpoint as the beginning of the long decline of Penn State football. Their 24-23 win on Nov. 6, 1999, at Beaver Stadium, stunned a 9-0 Lions team that had been ranked No. 2 nationally coming into the game.

The defeat touched off a three-game losing streak and although Penn State rallied to blank Texas A&M, 24-0, in the Alamo Bowl, a trend had begun.

Penn State went 5-7 in 2000 and has been under .500 four of the past five seasons. Minnesota has won all three meetings with Penn State since 1999.

link....... http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/college/s_377815.html

I remember that game, I never relized it started the downfall of PSU football... It was a heart-breaker. :banging:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-28-2005, 10:13 PM
love Penn State
grew up in PA, went to many games

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2005, 02:37 PM
If he gets 3 of his last 4 season with winning records He and Bobby should call it a carrier

Ambridge
10-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Penn State breaks into the rankings.

AP Top 25

PSU-#16

USA Today Poll

PSU-#18

sisitki
10-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Not what I expected. I thought we would win a close one. Big play at the end. Never thought we would dominate Minn like that. Great way to fill the Steeler void this weekend.

Also liked the fact that we controlled the ball and had some sustained drives for the first time this year. That's good. The last thing we needed headed into the OSU game was to have the D pounded by minnesota's running game. They really weren't on the field that much Sat.

CowherLover
10-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Gonna be a classic game this week kids! GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suitanim
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
I actually dread this weekend every year...it's the one time I have to truly break from most of my Steeler brethren...

Go Buckeyes!

Hammer67
10-03-2005, 08:58 PM
What a comeback!!! I thought it was over. They got a lot of good things going for them, but I don't think they are as good as I thought they were. Hopefully we will get better throughout the season.

How about them LionS!!!

I can't wait for next week!!! OSU in Primetime baby!!!

Ambridge
10-04-2005, 09:11 AM
I'll be rooting for the other home state "Cats" this upcoming weekend.

Go Nittany Lions!!

SteelCityMan786
10-06-2005, 09:31 PM
We Are......penn State!

BB2W
10-07-2005, 01:05 AM
We have hung with them the last few years and this is the best team we have had in a while... I think our best shot to win will be in a low scoring game where our freshman make a few big plays. It will be tough to run and pass protect, but our "D" should stop them too... I hope it is a good game. :cool:

Suitanim
10-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Here's a little breadown of the game...Damn, I love Prime Time College Football!

SERIES INFORMATION
This will be the 21st meeting between the schools. The series, which began in 1912 with a 4-0 Penn State winning streak, is deadlocked at 10-all. The Buckeyes have won the last three meetings between the two teams, including a 21-10 verdict last year in Columbus. Penn State, however, has won four of the seven games played in Beaver Stadium. The Buckeyes' last loss to the Nittany Lions was a 29-27 setback in 2001 in University Park, Jim Tressel's first year at the Ohio State helm. OSU was a 21-20 victor in 2003 in University Park.

PSU COMPARING THE TEAMS OSU
5-0 Records 3-1
36.6 Points Per Game 28.5
16.6 Opp. Points Per Game 12.8
224.6 Avg. Rushing Yards 191.0
232.4 Avg. Passing Yards 194.5
457.0 Avg. Total Offense 385.5
90.6 Opp. Avg. Rushing Yards 41.0
218.0 Opp. Avg. Passing Yards 208.0
308.6 Opp. Avg. Total Offense 249.0
31/62 Third Down Conversions 33/62
21/173 Pen./Yards 23/228
27:17 Avg. Time of Poss. 34:23
15 Sacks By 16
8 Sacks Allowed 5
6-4, 307 Avg. Ht./Wgt. Off Ln 6-5, 305
6-4, 276 Avg. Ht./Wt. Def Ln 6-3, 284

RECAPPING LAST YEAR vs. PSU
The Buckeyes jumped out to a 14-0 lead on a 67-yard punt return by Ted Ginn and a 24-yard interception runback by safety Tyler Everett and went on to record a 21-10 victory in Columbus. Fullback Branden Joe scored his first career touchdown on a 4-yard run to put the Buckeyes ahead 21-7 at the half. Joe's score was set up by a 65-yard kick return by Maurice Hall. A.J. Hawk had 13 tackles and Anthony Schlegel added 11.

The teams seem pretty evenly matched on paper. Should be a good game, but I'd be shocked if OSU let this one get away...

BB2W
10-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Good article about Poz... I really like this guy, and I hope he stays through his senior year. Two of the nation's best linebackers will be on the same feild Saturday night... I hope Poz has a bigger impact than Hawk.

STATE COLLEGE - With his thick neck and shoulders and an intense on-field demeanor, Penn State's Paul Posluszny might scare the dickens out of opposing offenses.

Of late, Posluszny has sported a gash on the bridge of his nose that makes the soft-spoken linebacker and one of the leaders of the No. 16 Nittany Lions' defense look even more imposing.

"I got it in preseason camp. It keeps getting worse and worse," said the 6-foot-2, 234-pound junior. "I don't think I'll ever get rid of it until after the bowl game."

Yes, he said "bowl game."

link....... http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15346365&BRD=2305&PAG=461&dept_id=478568&rfi=6

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Im going to this game..we're leaving at 8am tomorrow morning and gonna tailgate ALL day before the game !!! Should be awesome. WE're gonna get drenched but ah, who cares!!

Suitanim
10-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Have fun...but remember the immortal words of Ivan Drago in Rocky IV:

"You will lose"

GO BUCKEYES!

BB2W
10-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Im going to this game..we're leaving at 8am tomorrow morning and gonna tailgate ALL day before the game !!! Should be awesome. WE're gonna get drenched but ah, who cares!!

Awesome BRC!!! I am so jealous. Do me a favor and scream as loud as you can after PSU scores, and in crucial situations.... for me. :grin: That place should be rockin. :beerbang:

Ambridge
10-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Have fun...but remember the immortal words of Ivan Drago in Rocky IV:

"You will lose"

GO BUCKEYES!

Yes!.....but Drago lost in the end.

Penn St.-17
Ohio St-10

Helluva defensive second half by both teams.

Hammer67
10-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes!.....but Drago lost in the end.

Penn St.-17
Ohio St-10

Helluva defensive second half by both teams.

HAHA! Too True!!!

I have tickets to the Michigan - PSU game next week at the BIg House!! I can't WAIT!!!!! :cheer: :celebrate

WE ARE!!.......

BB2W
10-09-2005, 12:38 PM
OMG... what an awesome win. I live in Ohio so this is especially big for me. :alcohol:

The freshman made some big plays, and our defense was great last night. Poz was absolutely everywhere... and the secondary shut down Ginn and Holmes.

Everyone around here was doubting PSU... I was hearing it from everyone. Stuff like "Do you actually think they can play with OSU" and "Do you think OSU is even worried about PSU". I can't wait til Monday to rub it in their faces.

GO PENN STATE!!!

BB2W
10-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Posluszny had 14 tackles and chased down Smith for a 10-yard loss with about five minutes left to help keep the Buckeyes scoreless in the second half.

"I don't think you can play any better than he [Posluszny] played," Paterno said. "He's like Shane Conlan."

"I thought the defense was absolutely superb," Paterno said.

Lyn
10-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Awesome win and I like OSU cause they usually kick UM's butt! PSU is back!~

We (Michigan State) take on the buckeyes Saturday, that will be a really good game. We are going to da burgh for the weekend because it is the BNGPC's annual nationwide tailgate. If any of you are at that game (Jacksonville/Steelers) please stop by and say hello. We will be in Gold Lot 1

BB2W
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Penn State jumped to 8th in the nation!!! :cheer:

Ambridge
10-11-2005, 10:35 AM
No breaks for the Lions!
Another tall order for Penn State going against Michigan in "The Big House".

Could be a let down here coming off of the OSU win.

Hammer67
10-11-2005, 05:41 PM
No breaks for the Lions!
Another tall order for Penn State going against Michigan in "The Big House".

Could be a let down here coming off of the OSU win.

I was at the Michigan-Minn game this past weekend and Michigan looked shady on offense and special teams. I think Penn State will be able to take care of business this weekend....

sisitki
10-14-2005, 08:50 AM
We've had a bad run at the Big House. 6 straight losses. Consider also that we haven't played them the last 2 years which were our weakest. That dates the losses back to the 97 time frame plus the year we had LJ. That's some pretty good PSU teams making up this losing streak.

That said, I don't think the big house is that intimidating. I was there for the LJ year and it's not that loud.

I am worried a little, they're 3-3. If they lose this that's below .500, 2 losses in a row at home...that rarely happens.

I think the fact that UM is favored will keep PSU from having a let down. If that's not a clear message we're still not getting the respect we deserve, I don't know what is.

Hammer67
10-14-2005, 03:16 PM
We've had a bad run at the Big House. 6 straight losses. Consider also that we haven't played them the last 2 years which were our weakest. That dates the losses back to the 97 time frame plus the year we had LJ. That's some pretty good PSU teams making up this losing streak.

That said, I don't think the big house is that intimidating. I was there for the LJ year and it's not that loud.

I am worried a little, they're 3-3. If they lose this that's below .500, 2 losses in a row at home...that rarely happens.

I think the fact that UM is favored will keep PSU from having a let down. If that's not a clear message we're still not getting the respect we deserve, I don't know what is.

It was my first trip to the Big House last week and, frankly, I was underwhelmed. I expected it to be much louder and rocking. It did not feel like there were almost 110,000 there...I think Beaver Stadium is definitly louder. I liked the atmosphere though...I am looking forward to going to this game tomorrow...

Hammer

BB2W
10-14-2005, 07:55 PM
I hope our "D" shows up... we will need a big game out of a few players. I hope we can get an early lead and take the crowd out of the game. Good luck in Ann Arbor Hammer. :cool:

GO PENN STATE!!!

BB2W
10-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Not to look ahead, but after watching the 1st quarter of the MSU/OSU game... The battle for the Land Grant Trophy may be our biggest test this season. Michigan State always plays us tough.

Todays game will also be a big challenge, but after that we got Purdue and Wissconnsin at home.

PSU!!!

BB2W
10-16-2005, 10:49 AM
I am so upset after that loss... I am usually not one to say we got screwed, but we did. They lost with one second left after Lloyd Carr pleaded to get two more seconds on the clock in the last 30 seconds. On the 20 sum yard catch to start the last drive the recievers foot was CLEARLY out of bounds. Finally, on the play before the last play of the game... with six seconds left they ran a hook, and was tackled immediately and the clock just sat on one second til the refs blew the whistle. :banging:

Oh well, we should not have been in that position.... our kicker missed two field goals.

Hammer67
10-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I am so upset after that loss... I am usually not one to say we got screwed, but we did. They lost with one second left after Lloyd Carr pleaded to get two more seconds on the clock in the last 30 seconds. On the 20 sum yard catch to start the last drive the recievers foot was CLEARLY out of bounds. Finally, on the play before the last play of the game... with six seconds left they ran a hook, and was tackled immediately and the clock just sat on one second til the refs blew the whistle. :banging:

Oh well, we should not have been in that position.... our kicker missed two field goals.

I was at the damn game!! What a game it was!!!!! I was heartbroken. Kudos to all the PSU fans that showed up...it was awesome. They definitly had hometown officiating at this game though.

MU's first 3rd down play in the third quarter...the linesman gave them a 2 yard bonus on the spot to convert the first down...it was a big mistake. Then, it happened again in the fourth quarter on another third down. Even all the MU fans around us were like..."that sucks. I would be pissed if I were PSU."

It was a great game non the less. PSU's SPecial teams lost the day. Can't miss two field goals and expect to win...and they almost did. Hopefully they rebound and win out. THe Big Ten will be interesting...

Hammer.

BB2W
10-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Bad news for us Penn State fans.... Freshman phenom WR Derrick Williams is out for the season with a broken arm suffered on a kickoff return at the end of the game Saturday. :pissed:

SteelCityMan786
10-17-2005, 07:15 PM
We Got More Than Williams.

Hammer67
10-23-2005, 10:29 AM
We Got More Than Williams.

And I think they proved that yesterday!!!! :iagree:

BB2W
10-23-2005, 11:08 AM
That was a pretty convincing victory! I saw during the game that we were 10th in the BCS...

GO PENN STATE!!!

SteelCityMan786
10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Penn State will on the rise in the BCS

BB2W
10-24-2005, 04:57 PM
They are ranked 11th in the AP poll...

9th in the BCS!!!

BB2W
10-29-2005, 07:22 PM
PSU won 33-15 over Purdue. :cheer: It was not the the best game ever played, but I will say that Michael Robinson is a great leader and just a hell of a football player. He deserves some props, he saved us after Zack Mills destroyed PSU's football program.

clevestinks
10-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Agreed PSU kept driving but not really scoring as much as I would have liked. Big game next week. Wisc.

BB2W
11-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Pretty convincing win over Wissconsin... PSU is up to 6th in the nation, and 5th in the BCS. :banana:

clevestinks
11-07-2005, 04:13 PM
I just saw the BCS poll, that is awesome. Damn that Mich game really screwed us

SteelCityMan786
11-07-2005, 05:17 PM
The Altoona Mirror's Neil Rudel Reported That These Bowls are currently After Penn State Representives we're in attendance at Saturdays Penn State v.s. Wisconsin Game
-Orange
-Fiesta
-Sugar
-Outback
-Capital One

bangpow
11-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I just saw the BCS poll, that is awesome. Damn that Mich game really screwed us

I HATE Michigan with a passion. I really wanted Penn State to win that damn game, man.

You gotta understand, around these parts in Michigan all people talk about is U of M and how "great" they are. Although, they were ready to jump off a bridge and have Lloyd Carr fired after losses to both WIsconsin, Minnesota, and ND.

Michigan fans have to be some of the most annoying fans on the planet.

BB2W
11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Poz named Butkus Award finalists

The three finalists are Paul Posluszny (Penn State), DeMarco Ryans (Alabama), A.J. Hawk (Ohio State).

Posluszny, who has made 58 solo tackles and three sacks this season, is the only junior among the three finalists. He is seeking to become the first Penn State player to receive the award since LaVar Arrington in 1999.

Congrats Poz!!! :alcohol:

geran42o
11-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Poz named Butkus Award finalists

The three finalists are Paul Posluszny (Penn State), DeMarco Ryans (Alabama), A.J. Hawk (Ohio State).

Posluszny, who has made 58 solo tackles and three sacks this season, is the only junior among the three finalists. He is seeking to become the first Penn State player to receive the award since LaVar Arrington in 1999.

Congrats Poz!!! :alcohol: AJ Hawk's got this in the bag man.

BB2W
11-11-2005, 09:25 PM
AJ Hawk's got this in the bag man.
Probabaly, but Hawk was the second best linebacker on the field October 8th...

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2005, 11:01 PM
AJ Hawk's got this in the bag man.

By In The Bag Do You Mean In The Bag Of Shame

Go_Cats
11-12-2005, 12:01 AM
I reallyt hope that USC doesnt have to play another overated big 12 team in the NC game this year. Beating Texas wont prove all that much, bring on PSU or Miami :cheers:

Hammer67
11-16-2005, 10:23 PM
I HATE Michigan with a passion. I really wanted Penn State to win that damn game, man.

You gotta understand, around these parts in Michigan all people talk about is U of M and how "great" they are. Although, they were ready to jump off a bridge and have Lloyd Carr fired after losses to both WIsconsin, Minnesota, and ND.

Michigan fans have to be some of the most annoying fans on the planet.

You are NOT kidding...I got a weird vibe at the two U of M games I attended (including PSU). They don't party as much. Not much in the way of tailgating, not like PSU. And, they weren't loud at the game. I hear that U of M fans tend to be, well, how should I say "hoity toity" or snobbish while MSU is more blue collar.

I was told to quiet down at the U of M / PSU game because I was cheering too loud. HAHAHA!!!

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2005, 11:02 PM
A lot of Michigan Fans have sportsmanship problems

Michigan State Fans However are much more better sports fans than Michigan. Michigan State Great Job with promoting Sportsmanship. If the Big Ten had a sportsmanship Award. Penn State and Michigan State would be two who would get that.

BB2W
11-17-2005, 01:12 AM
I love Penn State football, and I have always thought we had a well respected program... I know Joe Pa does well with graduation rate, but he's gotta keep these kids out of jail. This is embarrassing... :redface:

PSU Players arrested since 2002

1. Maurice Humphrey................ Arrest, Assault & Prison
2. Tyler Reed........................... Drunk In Public Summary Charge
3. Andrew Richardson............... Drunk In Public Summary Charge
4. Rashard Casey..................... Arrest, Assault, Dismissed
5. Anwar Phillips....................... Arrest, Assault, Dismissed
6. T.C. Cosby........................... Arrest, Assault, Acquitted
7. Michael Robinson.................. Ice-Rink fight Summary Charge
8. Lavon Chisley...................... Arrest, Sexual Assault, Dismissed
9. Paul Jefferson...................... Drunk In Public Summary Charge
10. Ed Johnson......................... Ice-rink fight Summary Charge
11. Matthew Rice...................... Ice-rink fight Summary Charge
12. John Bronson..................... Arrest, Assault, Dismissed
13. Jeremy Kapinos.................. Drunk In Public Summary Charge
14. Tom McHugh...................... Hitting A Woman Summary Charge
15. Tony Johnson..................... Arrest, DUI Guilty
16. Richard Cheek.................... Arrest, Stolen Credit Card
17. Yaacov Yisreal.................... DUI, Guilty
18. Dan Drogan........................ DUI Leaving Accident, Guilty
19. Dethrell Garcia.................... DUI, Guilty
20. Scott Paxson....................... Criminal Mischef, Summary Charge
21. E.Z. Smith........................... Drunk In Public Summary Charge
22. R.J. Luke............................. Arrest Assault, Acquitted
23. Damone Jones..................... Unknown Charges Dismissed From School
24. Mike Sothern....................... Terroristic disorderly criminal mischief
25. Andrew Richardson.............. Criminal Mischief Summary Charge
26. EZ Smith............................. Criminal Mischef Summary Charge
27. Scott Paxson....................... Criminal Mischief Summary Charge
28. Tyler Reed.......................... Criminal Mischief Summary Charge
29. Mike Sothern....................... Criminal Mischef
30. Ed Johnson.......................... Sexual misconduct Arrest Dismissed
31. Dan Connor........................ Criminal Mischief Summary Charge
32. Nolan MCready.................... Criminal Mischief Summary Charge
33. Jim Kanuch......................... Criminal Mischief Summary Charge

Note: not all players were taken into custody, and some cases are still pending.