PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Chiefs - Who Gets Your Foot In The Azz?

HometownGal
11-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Gawd - I'm still in absolute SHOCK.

My first kick in the ass goes to ST's for obvious reasons.

My second kick in the ass, though they had bright spots today, goes to the Steelers' secondary for :poop:ing the bed AGAIN in the 4Q. My God - we had them and the D let our lead slip right through our fingers. :banging:

GridironWarrior
11-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I say the whole team.

Edman
The whole team gets a kick in the ass from the coaches on down.

The Chiefs? Seriously?

SmashmouthFootball
Our mediocre(without Troy) defense lost this game for us. Just like they lost the first Cincy game for us and just like they lost the Chicago game for us with their mediocre play.

frankvctr
11-22-2009, 03:22 PM
My kick goes to Tomlin and the special team coaches. Of course the whole team sucks.

ExtonSteelFan
11-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Im in shock. Absolutley no excuse for this loss today. They better dig deep because compared to the Cheifs, our schedule just got a lot tougher.

Christian Snyder
11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
I say kick the whole team in the rear-end!!!!!

SteelerEmpire
11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
No excuse for this one..... we fell off....

Jmat
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
We aren't who we though we were.

Or are we?

mesaSteeler
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Tomlin! He's head coach! He is tolerating these crap PASS, PASS, PASS, game plans. He is tolerating this horrible special teams. He tolerating this poor execution.

Nighthawk
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
I say the whole team.

This. Everyone is to blame for this loss - no one can feel they don't deserve a part of it.

Venom
Please watch the A bomb

SteelCityMan786
Kick off Coverage Unit. They need 3 practice a day and the only thing they should be doing is Kickoff Coverage THE ENTIRE PRACTICE.

MACH1
11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Every single one of them. From the coaches on down.

HometownGal
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Tomlin! He's head coach! He is tolerating these crap PASS, PASS, PASS, game plans. He is tolerating this horrible special teams. He tolerating this poor execution.

3 Pass, Pass, Pass TD's put up 21 points for us on that board, mesa. I didn't hear anyone bitching about it then.

HometownGal
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Please watch the A bomb

You're going to be getting the V or the B bomb if you don't stop instigating.

Ricco Suavez
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM

44 pass to 33 runs not quite as unbalanced as one is led to believe

chucoblack&gold
11-22-2009, 03:33 PM
:pity: I'm at a loss for words .....

SteelCityMom
11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
The whole team gets a kick from me today....they just completely let KC get past them in the second half.

I think they may have been looking ahead too much after playing so well in the 1st.

Suck it up and move on boys! On to Baltimore...

solardave
11-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I say the whole team.

Tomlin is responsible.PERIOD!!!! He's the head coach. He let's Arians call these lousy plays. FIRE HIS ASS AND LET BEN CALL HIS OWN PLAYS! Couldn't be any worse. Tomlin should bury his foot in the ST's coach's ass on his way out the door.This was an absolute disgrace!!! There is no excuse for us losing these last 2 games. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Venom
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Countdown to baseball season anyone ?

Raw Steel
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
I am going to nominate a smaller play in the game. How about Ike Taylor for dropping another INT. The next play, Chambers has the big play and we lose.

X-Terminator
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
I really have nothing to say. This loss is completely inexcusable.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Ok look at this guy I found on nfl.com

"I've been a Steelers fan since 1992 and today they really showed their a s s e s. I'm done with the Terrible Towel. Your 6 rings don't mean s h i t when you lose games like this to total bums. The Steelers didn't look like a 6 ring team today losing to a team with a horrible record. So enough about the past. The NFL is about "What have you done for me lately?". Its about NOW, not last year, not the 1970's. Get that through your skulls. The Steelers really suck right now and steeler fans have to admit this or continue to be football hypocrites. So get mad already. It doesn't change anything. Go Bengals and Ravens."

Everybody calm the f down.

tony hipchest
11-22-2009, 03:46 PM

no. baseball freaking sucks. i'd rather watch the steelers losing week after week, that the yankees win another WS.

i thought ike intercepted the ball. but since he didnt, i guess he will earn this weeks goat award. most people hate him anyways, so i will not be suprised.

while the players MUST execute, the coaches MUST install an effective game plan. i have no idea why arians is so fixated on getting ben a 5000 yd passing season.

perhaps he is just working on his resume and "career building". :noidea:

has anyone noticed that mendenhall is a pretty damn good back? he runs with "suddenness and glide"! :tt02:

(the margin for error has evaporated).

ricksteelers55
11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Ok look at this guy I found on nfl.com

"I've been a Steelers fan since 1992 and today they really showed their a s s e s. I'm done with the Terrible Towel. Your 6 rings don't mean s h i t when you lose games like this to total bums. The Steelers didn't look like a 6 ring team today losing to a team with a horrible record. So enough about the past. The NFL is about "What have you done for me lately?". Its about NOW, not last year, not the 1970's. Get that through your skulls. The Steelers really suck right now and steeler fans have to admit this or continue to be football hypocrites. So get mad already. It doesn't change anything. Go Bengals and Ravens."

Everybody calm the f down.

Great....we dont need that kind of ''fans''

pepsyman1
11-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Very disappointing performance across the board. That we gave up 20 points in the second half and overtime to a team as bad as the Chiefs is probably what stands out most to me. Some incredibly poor tackling in the 2nd half. Way too many plays where someone laid a good hit on the ball carrier but made NO attempt to wrap them up and the ball carrier simply adjusted and ran for more yardage. I know how good Dick Lebeau is but I still struggle to wrap my head around cornerbacks playing 10 yards off receivers at the start of plays (especially on 3rd and short or medium yardage) The last couple of weeks when OUR offense has been struggling, the opposing defenses have been right up in our face making it hard to Ben to hit some of the shorter quick routes that have been successful for us earlier this year. I wish we would do more of that ourselves on defense. Blocking for our run game has been disappointing as well. I think our O-line has really been doing a good job with giving Ben time, but generally the run blocking has not been real effective.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Time to play the underdog again.

VegasStlrFan
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
The kickoff team has needed one all year. 8 run backs and giving Offenses starting field position at the thirty plus consistently is ridiculous.

devilsdancefloor
11-22-2009, 03:55 PM
everyone gets the kick in the hiney!

ricardisimo
11-22-2009, 04:03 PM
44 pass to 33 runs not quite as unbalanced as one is led to believe

You're not counting the sacks and the Roethlisberger scrambles. Those are pass plays as well. The numbers are still skewed... towards losing.

SteelCityMom
11-22-2009, 04:03 PM

Naw...we've still got a great Pens team to root for too!

Christian Snyder
11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
3...2....1.... Red Sox!!!!

Oops, this is getting a little offtopic...

Texasteel
11-22-2009, 04:04 PM

No thank you. I'll stick with the Steelers.

If there has ever been a game lost by the entire team this is it. Everyone on both the offense and the defense earned the KITA award. This team is far better than they are showing right now.

brick
11-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Our mediocre(without Troy) defense lost this game for us. Just like they lost the first Cincy game for us and just like they lost the Chicago game for us with their mediocre play.
bingo. we threw the win at em in all three of those games.

Texasteel
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
My kick goes to Tomlin and the special team coaches. Of course the whole team sucks.

No, the team is playing poorly right now. We may have a new kind of fan, but I just can imagine ever using the words Steelers and sucks in the same sentence.

NastySteelers
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I just dont understand how we beat great teams and lose to crap teams..Its like they go in thinking we dont need to play hard and then they get ran over...Its a disgrace!!

tmacsteelerfan
11-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Playcalling in overtime.

Edman
11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
The Steelers don't suck, they are worse than sucking.

They are UNDERACHIEVING. When a team sucks, you see what you get with inferior talent. We're not seeing what we're getting with a team with a SB winning QB, an improved OL, and skill at all positions.

The Pirates suck because they they're inferior to most teams in the MLB.

The Steelers are better than a greater portion of teams in the NFL and can hang with anyone. We didn't lose today because we're not good. We lost because we underachieve.

chucoblack&gold
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I just dont understand how we beat great teams and lose to crap teams..Its like they go in thinking we dont need to play hard and then they get ran over...Its a disgrace!!

....this is what has me baffled, this team is too talented to let games like this get past them. We need to win consistently and convincingly week in, week out. :noidea:

GoSlash27
11-22-2009, 07:00 PM
This loss belongs to Mike Tomlin. We lost this game because we played uninspired, like this wasn't going to require effort. No sense of urgency.
I have faith that he will step it up and get us ready for B'more.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I just don't understand why you'd run a toss play when you're in field goal position. Run it up the middle or something.

stillers4me
11-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Lots of blame to go around but ST gets a zippy kick in the rear from me. Letting it happen again is inexcusable.

Psyychoward86
11-22-2009, 07:05 PM
I say everyone who turned the ball over

Nadroj 20
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Im pretty speechless about this whole thing, that was tough to watch....... my kick goes to the ST

Very disappointed.

vindrow
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
The whole team ......from teh HC all teh way down.

toughsticks87
11-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Whole team but in particular the coaches.

Shoes
11-22-2009, 09:01 PM
ST.....and the coaching staff. The problem with ST didn't just happen this week as everyone knows. Oddly it seems the the coaching staff did nothing more than give a few pep talks at last weeks practice.
William Gay said last week “Coach wants to fix the problem, not put a temporary Band-Aid on it by throwing some guys out there who may not be able to continue playing throughout the year"

So, my question is what was done last week since a "band-aid fix" didn't seem to be the answer?

I have full confidence in Mike T., but I do believe it's high time for him to turn the heat up.

psusteelers4life
11-22-2009, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Neil-Still-Rules-14;708880]I just don't understand why you'd run a toss play when you're in field goal position. Run it up the middle or something.[/QUOTE

To me when I saw the play it looked like Batch used an audible because he went from shotgun to under center and it did look like the Chiefs were gonna bring another blitz up the middle. Maybe he thought lets try to burn them by getting the edge on a toss play if they are blitzing. It doesnt matter who called it it didn't get the job done. . I have mixed feelings on that play of who called it, either way it failed and we know the result.

the team gets the kick in the rear {players and coaches} but I give Mendy a lighter boot because of the hustle and tracking down Studebaker on the INT that was returned almost to the house. It could have been a even worse ball game if that was taken back for a score.

TackleMeBen
11-22-2009, 09:07 PM
the whole freaking team... and when will the coaching staff learn. you cant let ben throw more than 20 times a game.. when he does that we LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shea
11-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I pick myself, since I got out of bed even though I wasn't feeling well to follow the game online. Should have stayed under the covers on this one.

the whole freaking team... and when will the coaching staff learn. you cant let ben throw more than 20 times a game.. when he does that we LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben didn't have his best game but I've always disagreed with that notion. It's simply not true.

tony hipchest
11-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Ben didn't have his best game but I've always disagreed with that notion. It's simply not true.agree. ben has shaken this stigma over a year ago.

ben was 16/20 with 211 yds 2td/0int at half.

with that being said, mendenahall shoulda been the main weapon in the 2nd half, but then again, he isnt the $100,000,000 man. :noidea:

Aussie_steeler
11-23-2009, 12:38 AM
I think i deserve the Kick in the A## award.

I woke up at 6am this morning to get the live action on NFL game center. The steelers were cruising at 17-7 and doing it easy.

From that point forward the game I tracked went 20 -7 in favour of the chiefs. I blame myself for the loss.

If only I had stayed in bed, I reckon they would have beat the chiefs 34-10. In future I am just going to wait until the game is over to get a score.

(unlike the unlucky jersey threads of last week I am not going to burn myself to end the bad luck)

iloveben7
11-23-2009, 12:53 AM
the kick-off team and defense for letting the lead slip away once again

bullcrap. I hate when people say that because it's simply not true

MasterOfPuppets
11-23-2009, 12:58 AM
the whole freaking team... and when will the coaching staff learn. you cant let ben throw more than 20 times a game.. when he does that we LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many times did he throw it in the superbowl ? we sure didn't win it or even get to by running the ball...:doh:

Galax Steeler
11-23-2009, 04:16 AM
I would say you have to start with the special teams.

Texasteel
11-23-2009, 04:18 AM

I thought the only ones still saying this were the rejects on NFL Network.:doh:

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Everyone gets the kick in the tail.

Congratulations Steelers on making the 2009 Playoffs......starting in WEEK 12!

The_WARDen
11-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Everyone gets the kick in the tail.

Congratulations Steelers on making the 2009 Playoffs......starting in WEEK 12!

Ditto....lose to a glorified high school team and everyone is to blame.

SteelGhost
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Half full glass guy here . Everyone is "guilty" except Lawrence Timmons, Big Snack, Brett KIesel and Rashard, those guys played with fire IMO.

Someone said the team is underachieving, I agree. The only games when they have demonstrated their full capacity were against the Bolts, Vikes and Broncos, in the rest of the games they were playing DOWN to the competition (Titties, Bungals x2, Lions, Bears, Clowns and Chiefs) It's sad to see they can play better but they don't do it. :sadpace:

Now they are facing a tough road to gain a WC spot, beginning next week against the Rats in their hole, which will be really really hard if Troy, Kemo and Ben don't play.

That said, I will keep the faith and hope the whole organization to rebound and play sound for the rest of the season and playoffs.

Go Steelers ! :tt03:

SteelerFanInCA
11-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I think there is plenty of blame to go around for my size 11.

O Sensei
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Team loss, no focus or intensity on defense, obvious ST staple, offensive gameplan in question, questionable decisions ie punting, sweep to MeMo...lost to a vastly inferior team, cannot...cannot blame THIS loss on polamalu injury....99% of the league does not have polamalu and still beats KC 9 times out of 10, pathetic. Mike Tomlin at fault, he knows it.

IMO, It is as simple as this, NE does not make these mistakes, rarely loses to teams they should beat and IMO are the best team in the league right now as much as it pains me to say so...and we are not even close, NE is what it looks like when a coach takes full advantage of what he has to field the best team he can, we are the opposite.

We have problems and they are many, the sky....is not falling, at the end of the day it's just a game, I have a good life and I hope you all do too, but unless something dramatic occurs here...the Steelers in the playoffs will not be a part of those lives and I for one will root for the 40 year old to do the impossible.

:tt03:

rich4eagle
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Gawd - I'm still in absolute SHOCK.

My first kick in the ass goes to ST's for obvious reasons.

My second kick in the ass, though they had bright spots today, goes to the Steelers' secondary for :poop:ing the bed AGAIN in the 4Q. My God - we had them and the D let our lead slip right through our fingers. :banging:

JEFF Reed again he whfifed so bad and waved bye bye when the opponent retruned a KO for a TD this time the opening KO..............abysmal....never let him KO again:tt04::drink:

secon Mike Tomlin big time what the hell was he thinking punting in OT when he could take his pick of two better options ........going for the first down or kicking the FG/...........he is showing he is not a good game day coach when the game is on the line..........and this is a serious of mistakes not the first

Texasteel
11-23-2009, 03:44 PM
JEFF Reed again he whfifed so bad and waved bye bye when the opponent retruned a KO for a TD this time the opening KO..............abysmal....never let him KO again:tt04::drink:

secon Mike Tomlin big time what the hell was he thinking punting in OT when he could take his pick of two better options ........going for the first down or kicking the FG/...........he is showing he is not a good game day coach when the game is on the line..........and this is a serious of mistakes not the first

According to your thinking Reed should be the leading tackler on the team. If everyone else on the field can't tackle the guy, it's Reeds fault because he didn't either.

Looking back at want happened its easy to say Tomlin should have do this or that, but the fact is that both of you options would have been a huge mistake.

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 03:58 PM
I was sitting around a lot of Steelers fans at the game yesterday. After the opening kickoff...nearly all of us were yelling for Reed to kick it out of bounds whenever he kicked off. It's time for Lig to go. His fault, their fault, your fault, no-one's fault....It's Lig's job and it's not getting done.

Dino 6 Rings
11-23-2009, 04:18 PM
I say the whole team.

Damn Right.

stlrtruck
11-24-2009, 10:59 AM
We'll go ahead and give a double kick in the arse to

STs and STs coaches!

SteelMember
11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Steely McBeam

If he represents "the Pittsburgh Steelers", then someone needs to punch him in the mouth for that last game.

Besides, do you really need a reason to hit him other than just being Steely McBeam?

:noidea: :chuckle: