PDA

View Full Version : Holding

madtowndrunkard
11-22-2009, 05:10 PM
This is in no way an excuse for our loss today. I just thought it was worth talking about. Why do we get these holding calls? We are drawing ticky tack holding calls on offense....mean while Harrison and Woodley get mugged every game and nothing gets called. It's amazing.

Today I watched Harrison's jersey get stretched out about 3 feet, saving the Chiefs from a sure sack or possibly a strip. No flag. Today Starks blocked his guy in the same way that Harrison gets blocked every week...he drew flags.

I've watched a lot of football over the years and I've never seen anything like it.

As I said this is not an excuse for losing....we lost to a bad team - Period. I just thought the holding crap is just ridiculous to the point it was worth mentioning.

Gnutella
11-22-2009, 05:46 PM
There's no point in complaining about it. After all, the refs are in our back pockets or something.

Milkman
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
This is in no way an excuse for our loss today. I just thought it was worth talking about. Why do we get these holding calls? We are drawing ticky tack holding calls on offense....mean while Harrison and Woodley get mugged every game and nothing gets called. It's amazing.

Today I watched Harrison's jersey get stretched out about 3 feet, saving the Chiefs from a sure sack or possibly a strip. No flag. Today Starks blocked his guy in the same way that Harrison gets blocked every week...he drew flags.

I've watched a lot of football over the years and I've never seen anything like it.

As I said this is not an excuse for losing....we lost to a bad team - Period. I just thought the holding crap is just ridiculous to the point it was worth mentioning.

I agree 100% that it sucks to watch Harrison get held on almost every play and not get a call from the zebras.

But if the Steelers don't do anything about it, I guess it's not worth worrying about. :noidea: