PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger appears okay after game

mesaSteeler
11-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Roethlisberger appears okay after game
Sunday, November 22, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09326/1015593-100.stm

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who left today's game in overtime after taking a blow to the head, appeared to be lucid in the Steelers locker room after their 27-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Needless to say, it was a concussion-oriented thing, so I doubt he was going to come back into the football game,'' coach Mike Tomlin said.

However, Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette as he pulled on his dress suit in the locker room that while he did not know if he received a concussion or not, he felt okay.

Roethlisberger left the game with 12:21 remaining in overtime after he scrambled and was sacked near midfield. Linebacker Derrick Johnson's knee inadvertently hit Roethlisberger in the head as the quarterback hit the ground.

Charlie Batch entered the game at that point, the first time the veteran backup has taken a snap since the 2007 season.

Starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu also left the game with a sprained MCL in his right knee. A similar injury kept safety Troy Polamalu sidelined for four games but offensive lineman normally can return more quickly because of the nature of the position. However, Kemoeatu is still likely to miss a couple of games with the injury.

For more on the Steelers, read the new blog, Ed Bouchette On the Steelers at www.post-gazette.com/plus. Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09326/1015593-100.stm#ixzz0XdEV3eIU

Steelboy84
11-22-2009, 05:57 PM
That injury bug just keeps hitting. But its good Ben sounds good.

Gnutella
11-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Too bad he didn't appear OK during the second half.

jaygorius
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
I guess it is encouraging about Ben but concussions are a strange thing. He may not be out of the woods yet and may feel OK now but be feeling it later. Also, hopefully Kemo won't be out too long. Even when he is back I wonder if it will have some impact on all the pulling he does?

SteelC7
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
doesnt matter, ben is playing horrible anyway, i hope hes ok, but at the moment his play isnt helping us at all

stillers4me
11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
And we have someone that offers us a better chance?

Steelboy84
11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
doesnt matter, ben is playing horrible anyway, i hope hes ok, but at the moment his play isnt helping us at all

Huh?

Ben threw 398 yrds and 3 Tds today and one of those picks wasn't his fault.

Ben's gonna make mistakes, but the boy is the best playmaker at the QB position in football. I need a score or a long drive, give me Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-22-2009, 06:47 PM

Are you serious right now?

Steelboy84
11-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Yep, this thread is gonna be a long one.

:popcorn:

X-Terminator
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Huh?

Ben's gonna make mistakes, but the boy is the best playmaker at the QB position in football. I need a score or a long drive, give me Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither pick was his fault, really. The red zone INT was tipped by a defender right before he released it. Anyway, SteelC7 is just flat-out ignorant for saying that.

#1 Big Ben Fan
11-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Ok I don't know how anybody can blame Ben today. Just crazy talk and if you think that Charlie Batch offers the Steelers a better chance to win in Baltimore next Sunday then you're sadly mistaken. I just don't know how much more Ben could have done to win the game today.

GridironWarrior
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm worried about the Kemo injury. The line is coming together.

steel striker
11-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Guys Ben made one mistake come on man and, threw fro 398 yards 3 td's 2 int's. Not a bad day but, we are not playing winning football too many miscues. Let's talk about the special teams??? It is good that Ben seems to be okay.

SteelerFanInStl
11-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Huh?

:iagree: SteelC7 is clueless.

GBMelBlount
11-22-2009, 08:37 PM
I am looking at the cover of my Men's Fitness issue that came this week.

The cover is Ben holding a football and the statement "Toughest QB in the NFL"

The irony.

Fact is he is a tough bastard & I respect him for how hard he fights.

steel9guy
11-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Am I seriously hearing that Big Ben doesn't help the team?hahahahahaha same people that started the "leftwitch switch" thing. I'd Take Big Ben over everyone right now because he is a fighter. HE THREW FOR 398 YARDS WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR????

silver & black
11-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Huh?

:thumbsup: Yeah... JaMarcus is almoast that good. :sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
doesnt matter, ben is playing horrible anyway, i hope hes ok, but at the moment his play isnt helping us at allpeople who say dumb shit like this are definetly bandwagoners. i GUARANTEE if this person was alive in the 80's, he was NOT a steeler fan.

MACH1
11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
people who say dumb shit like this are definetly bandwagoners. i GUARANTEE if this person was alive in the 80's, he was NOT a steeler fan.

Some how I doubt it.

SteelCityMom
11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Bring back Leftwitch!!!!!

:chuckle:

:stirthepot:

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Bring back Leftwitch!!!!!

:chuckle:

:stirthepot:
actually i'd like to see lefty back next year...:noidea:

iloveben7
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM
I really hope Ben is ok. I didn't watch the game after he left

haha ok. did you even watch the game today?

SteelerEmpire
11-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Yea.... Ben did Ok.... Its just "the sum" of those mistakes, mistakes, mistakes that are costing us these games....

SteelCityMom
11-23-2009, 12:11 AM
actually i'd like to see lefty back next year...:noidea:

Sure...as a backup.

I was joking about getting rid of Ben for Leftwitch...you know the horse that was beat to death last year lol.

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah, anyone who says that Ben is playing horribly must have never watched a football game before. A QB who throws for almost 400 yards and 3 TDs is pretty awesome in my opinion. Sure, the picks suck, but at least one INT was completely Miller's fault. I hate that when a QB throws a perfect pass and the receiver pops it up in the air and it's caught by a defender, it goes against the QB's rating.

eafratitpm3
11-23-2009, 01:25 AM
Ben is a great QB but I would have to Chanllenge anyone who has watched these last two games that he hasn't been his self, when looking at him on the sidelines the last two games he just didn't look like he was into the game. Also, I watched the play where he got knocked out of the game and Mendenhall was right in front of Ben, if he would have just dumped it to him he would have gotten the first and much more. I think that Ben has a very hard time dumping the ball off to a back for some reason. Also, the pick he threw in the end zone that was going to Hines was terrible. there were at least three guys covering him. We had three other Steeler WR/TE running routes of which two of them looked wide open. It seems that lately when we get down to the Red Zone Ben kind of keys on Hines. I understand he threw some TD's to other players today but Hines seems to be his main target when we get down there more often than not. I know this is much easier to write when I'm watching the game on TV and I can see the receivers but it is totally different when you're running around for your life as Ben usually is. Just an Opinion of course.

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Ben hasn't looked like himself in the past two games because he hasn't been getting the protection he had been in the games that we won. I'm not sure what's happened to the O-Line lately, but whatever improvements they made seem to have worn off. Even when Ben threw TD passes today he was ducking defenders left and right. When you're constantly shrugging off defenders and running away from them, you're going to miss receivers that are wide open.

iloveben7
11-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah, anyone who says that Ben is playing horribly must have never watched a football game before. A QB who throws for almost 400 yards and 3 TDs is pretty awesome in my opinion. Sure, the picks suck, but at least one TD was completely Miller's fault. I hate that when a QB throws a perfect pass and the receiver pops it up in the air and it's caught by a defender, it goes against the QB's rating.

:applaudit:

plenewken
11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
How much weight has Ben put on since last year? The guy is friggin' BIIIIIIG now. Too big? He's a fighter for sure but I wonder if he hasn't lost some mobility. What's your take?

Curtain_of_Steel
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Ben played well, but the pocket passer they want him to be, just isn't his style. Eqaully he wanted no huddles, and Arians appears to not like it.
The Bengals kept him in the pocket, tipped everything. The Chiefs absolutely sucked. Ben was able to tee off on them, but you seen as each Q progressed they were getting closer to his back side till they got him.
Miller messed up, and than the tip. Ben held it to long in the pocket on the last int. IMO, still his fault. miller is millers fault.
Wallace and Mendy are fumbles waiting to happen, both hold the ball to much on the wrong hand when carrying the ball. Mendy although no fumble has sereval wacks at his ball and still didn't cover up.

Gay, carter, townsend, is not the answer, this ares needs to be beefed up in the off season. Woodley blew coverage on Pope's td. He pulled off the bltiz, hit pope, than backed off to sit in an empty zone, leeting pope go up the field.

I DVR'ed this while in NC for soccer. Kept a media blackout the whole day. Watched the race in NC at the airport, didn't talk footbal. All to come home at 9pm and get frustrated, lol

iloveben7
11-23-2009, 01:24 PM
How much weight has Ben put on since last year? The guy is friggin' BIIIIIIG now. Too big? He's a fighter for sure but I wonder if he hasn't lost some mobility. What's your take?

did you see those sacks he avoided yesterday? I don't think Ben's lost his mobility at all

steelreserve
11-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Yep, this thread is gonna be a long one.

:popcorn:

Ben sucks, Parker sucks, fire Arians.

T.J. Duckett needs to be the starting running back and we need to put Dixon in there instead of Ben, and run some wildcat shit. And also, why didn't we sign Vick and T.O.?

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-23-2009, 01:30 PM

T.J. Duckett needs to be the starting running back and we need to put Dixon in there instead of Ben, and run some wildcat shit. And also, why didn't we sign Vick and T.O.?

:rofl:

**another request for a sarcasm smilie.

Shoes
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
:rofl:

**another request for a sarcasm smilie.

...........or a push on the handle :chuckle:

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/fnglqnwjvp--Toilet-FlushCool-Sounds-

steelax04
11-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Bench Arians and Fire Ben! Discuss...

Oh, I think I got them reversed. It's so confusing on this board anymore...

Christian Snyder
11-23-2009, 06:23 PM

T.J. Duckett needs to be the starting running back and we need to put Dixon in there instead of Ben, and run some wildcat shit. And also, why didn't we sign Vick and T.O.? LOL:toofunny::rofl:

LVSteelersfan
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Ben was absolutely brilliant yesterday. He broke out of so many would be tackles. It was amazing. That secod pick was not his fault. If I am not mistaken the pressure on that play came from Kemo's side of the field so Essex blew that play. The ball was tipped. I believe the receiver was open in the back of the end zone. Ben is the man. Anyone who could bag on him after the day he had should go take a hike.

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Good news... they just said on MNF that Ben is okay and should be good to play on Sunday.

Mags87
11-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Good news... they just said on MNF that Ben is okay and should be good to play on Sunday.

came here to see if someone else posted it. thats huge news!!! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Yep. Glad he's okay.

SteelersMomma
11-23-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm glad hes okay but they better not put him in. The ravens will be all over him and if he gets another concussion he can be put in a coma. I'm sorry but I would rather bite the bullet against the ravens with another QB then risk our top QB to have another concussion and have him never play for us again due to a serious medical condition.
When someone has a concussion its not a smart idea to throw them into a place where they can get injured a week later.