PDA

View Full Version : Steelers finish 11-5

Hayeksheroes
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I still think the steelers finish 11-5 and get in as a wildcard team.

The remaining schedule is weak except for Ravens. If the Steelers run the table against the other losers in the league and give one away to the Ravens, they end up 11-5. :tt04: If Steelers put out another pitiful performance like today, they end up 10-6 and might make the playoffs. It may come down to Pats and Steelers for a tie break.

In anycase, the Steelers have to get serious about this season or else they can call their travel agents now.

Christian Snyder
11-22-2009, 05:34 PM

The remaining schedule is weak except for Ravens. If the Steelers run the table against the other losers in the league and give one away to the Ravens, they end up 11-5. :tt04: If Steelers put out another pitiful performance like today, they end up 10-6 and might make the playoffs. It may come down to Pats and Steelers for a tie break.

In anycase, the Steelers have to get serious about this season or else they can call their travel agents now.
I still hope we can go 12-4!!!! I know it would be hard, but it's still possible!:tt::tt04::tt02:

Steelboy84
11-22-2009, 05:35 PM

To be honest, I don't want to lose anymore. I want to go 12-4 and win out.

But next week's game is HUGE to say the very least. A must, MUST win.

SteelC7
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
theyll go 9-7, maybe 10-6 at best...theyre playing pathetic, ben included

tony hipchest
11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
as proven last year, 11-5 may not be good enough.

the steelers will not be in any tie breaker scenario, as the patriots will actually win their division.

the steelers now shift focus to the ravens, jaguars, and the 2nd place team in the afc west. that is where we stand.

if we lose next week to the ravens, it will take a miracle to win out and make the playoffs.

we are already behind the 8-ball because we spot every opponent 7 points on a return in every freaking game. :banging:

Steelboy84
11-22-2009, 05:54 PM

the steelers will not be in any tie breaker scenario, as the patriots will actually win their division.

the steelers now shift focus to the ravens, jaguars, and the 2nd place team in the afc west. that is where we stand.

if we lose next week to the ravens, it will take a miracle to win out and make the playoffs.

we are already behind the 8-ball because we spot every opponent 7 points on a return in every freaking game. :banging:

Gotta work on that special teams.

mesaSteeler
11-22-2009, 05:57 PM

A completely accurate analysis. We have no margin for error.

Christian Snyder
11-22-2009, 06:02 PM
theyll go 9-7, maybe 10-6 at best...theyre playing pathetic, ben included
You better be joking.:frustrate:tt05:

stb_steeler
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM

The return crap needs to end ASAP as of last 7 games.....What is it that the Steelers let this keep on happening.

MaidenIndiana
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't know what makes you think the rest of our schedule is weak. We lost to Kansas City. Are you willing to guarantee a win against the Raiders? The way this team is playing THERE ARE NO WEAK OPPONENTS!

Steel_Bus_24
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
This team better pull a 360 on us like they did in 05

Theres no way we walk out of Balt with a W with this type of play. That place has been a house of horrors for us for years(Why I cherished last year so much)

The Ravens just play at another level when its against us.

Then you got GB and MIa,

GoSlash27
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
The Packers are a better team than their record indicates. I've got to call them a dangerous team.

I still maintain that the Steelers are capable of beating every team in this league. Unfortunately, we're also capable of losing to every team in this league, and we have a nasty habit of playing down to their level.
I still want to defeat Cincy for AFC North, and I think we can. It's just a matter of playing like we really want it.

BlastFurnace
11-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Guys...this is not an elite team this season. This....like many other teams...is a team that could finish anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5. Every team has a down year. The Steelers are an average NFL team this season that has not taken advantage of opportunities.

Super Fan
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
The only game I am worried about is the Rat Bird game........

revefsreleets
11-23-2009, 09:57 AM
One week at a time.

The Chiefs didn't beat us, the Steelers lost. This team is talented enough to do anything this season...but if they continue to play like they did yesterday, I could see 9-7.

Play to potential = 12-4
Play like yesterday probably = 8-8.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Fellas, try and look at the positives. Troy is still out a few weeks, Kemo is probably out 2-3 weeks, Smith on IR, Kirschke still 2 weeks away, Batch out 6 weeks..................so if Ben keeps getting beat up or Ramon Foster misses a blitz pickup, then Dennis Dixon may have to play for a few weeks and its gonna be 2006 all over again.

The positive is the Steelers can get a relatively high draft pick to finally get some linemen that can protect Ben and establish the run, Tomlin can clean some house in the coaching staff and the fan base can chalk it up to "we got bit by injuries". Man...am I a glass half full guy or what??