PDA

View Full Version : I WILL NOT....

tony hipchest
11-22-2009, 07:43 PM
...quickly sweep this game under the rug and move on to focus on the ravens.

...take any joy of the bengals bungling away a game just like the steelers did today, and pretend it erases the steelers problems.

...give the coaches a free pass. they get paid to earn a check just like the players do.

...sing the company line that the steelers will win out and cruise to another sb win.

...take the playoffs for granted as if it is our birthright.

...easilly accept a loss, just because detroit, rams, browns, and raider fans, are so valiant in doing so.

...accept being called spoiled, because i expect a great team to play half way decent - good, and kick the shit out of inferior competition.

...pretend that i am not embarrassed.

...be arrested by the thought police, or any others who say what i believe or how i should feel.

I WILL...

...move on, and get over it (in my own time). i got a good life with plenty of blessings, and it will go on.

...support my team until the bitter (or glorious) end.

...believe the steelers can win out.

...hope the teams management and coaches correct the obvious problems staring the team and fans in the face.

...admit that next weeks game is a must win game, even if we are not mathematically eliminated if we lose.

...acknowledge that 2 games vs the bungles and 1 game vs the chiefs were "must win".

... remember 2005 sneaking in the back door by 1 win, and 2006 having the door slammed in our face by 1 loss.

...emphasize that a single game means EVERYTHING.

...expect the steelers to play like a single game means EVERYTHING.

...always think my team is the best and expect the best (and voice my opinion when i feel they fall short).

...always bleed black and gold.

:helmet::hatsoff::drink::tt02:

SteelMusic
11-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Awesome post + rep!

devilsdancefloor
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM

...take any joy of the bengals bungling away a game just like the steelers did today, and pretend it erases the steelers problems.

...give the coaches a free pass. they get paid to earn a check just like the players do.

...sing the company line that the steelers will win out and cruise to another sb win.

...easilly accept a loss, just because detroit, rams, browns, and raider fans, are so valiant in doing so.

...accept being called spoiled, because i expect a great team to play half way decent - good, and kick the shit out of inferior competition.

...be arrested by the thought police, or any others who say what i believe or how i should feel.

I WILL...

...move on, and get over it (in my own time). i got a good life with plenty of blessings, and it will go on.

...hope the teams management and coaches correct the obvious problems staring the team and fans in the face.

...admit that next weeks game is a must win game, even if we are not mathematically eliminated if we lose.

...acknowledge that 2 games vs the bungles and 1 game vs the chiefs were "must win".

... remember 2005 sneaking in the back door by 1 win, and 2006 having the door slammed in our face by 1 loss.

...always think my team is the best and expect the best (and voice my opinion when i feel they fall short).

i agree tony, but i take a little solice in the fact we are not further behind cincy.

MACH1
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM

I WILL...

I agree with you 100%

I'd rep ya, but like obama I need to spread it around. :chuckle:

Ricco Suavez
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Hey I agree with you. I have read enough of your posts to know this is not a knee jerk reaction. We lost a game today that was IMO different than the two Bengals or Bears game. In those losses we played well and just seemed to quit offensively in the latter stages of the game. Today we completely dominated KC on offense but through some TO's bad ST play and uncharacteristic poor play by the defense we lost a game that we should have had bagged by halftime. I am wondering if there is a rift in the clubhouse that no one is talking about that has disrupted the chemistry (just wondering now mind you). All I know is we had better get it together and get it quick.

Steel_Bus_24
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
qft

Its now or never for us.........no more "oh we're still the champs and everything will work out BS"

time for this great team to play great and kick some ass!!!

SteelerFanInStl
11-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Exactly how I feel Tony.

chucoblack&gold
11-22-2009, 08:57 PM
........ a welcomed post ...:drink:

thanks.:hatsoff:

klick81
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Great post...covered all bases!

Edit: why can't I rep ya?

SteelerEmpire
11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Cool.... now if there was just some way to get this post in front of the Steelers Coach's...
It seems whatever their doing has not worked yet....

CaliStillersFan
11-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Awesome post, I couldn't agree more.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice post. I myself am just gonna ride out the rest of the season and enjoy whatever happens, with a bit less concern or hope of a trip to the SB.

Face it, we lost games to Chicago, KC, Cincy and had some close games against Tenn and Detroit. Not really looking to stack up as a contender and have all kinds of issues with injury, balance play calling, special teams and defense. This game felt like the game we held the Texans to less than 100 yds of offense and still lost by letting a bad team hang around........a SB repeat looks unlikely.

Steeldude
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
*hey come on now, tony. let's not dwell on the chiefs game. that was hours ago. it's ancient history. there is nothing the steelers can learn from that loss or any others. fans should just go on thinking everything is great and there are never any problems.

*note: sarcasm

BlastFurnace
11-22-2009, 11:58 PM
*hey come on now, tony. let's not dwell on the chiefs game. that was hours ago. it's ancient history. there is nothing the steelers can learn from that loss or any others. fans should just go on thinking everything is great and there are never any problems.

*note: sarcasm

LOL...this team has boatloads of problems that I seriously doubt can be fixed any time soon. Unfortunately, every single game is a must win the remainder of the season.

I was at the game today and felt completely deflated after the game. I honestly believe that we could lose in Cleveland now.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-23-2009, 12:07 AM
LOL...this team has boatloads of problems. Every single game is a must win the remainder of the season.

I was at the game today and felt completely flattened after the game. I honestly believe that we could lose in Cleveland now.

Yeah, neither of the Ravens games are gonna be easy either. There is a chance that any or all of the Texans, Jaguars, Broncos could beat us out for the wildcard spot with play like the past couple weeks.

Oh well. Maybe Ben will make the pro bowl with all the passing yardage he is racking up??

Preacher
11-23-2009, 12:13 AM
I WILL NOT...

Take a football game so seriously that it will affect any part of my life starting about 5 minutes after the game.

I WILL...

Go about my daily work and not worry about what I have no control over.

tony hipchest
11-23-2009, 12:14 AM
LOL...this team has boatloads of problems that I seriously doubt can be fixed any time soon. Unfortunately, every single game is a must win the remainder of the season.

I was at the game today and felt completely deflated after the game. I honestly believe that we could lose in Cleveland now.actually, we were only 1- 2 games and inches away from even making the playoffs (and being sb champs) last, year.

unfortunately, if we keep pissing away games, we will be 1-2 games and inches away from making the playoffs this year.

(just like the last time we were the defending champions in 06).

atleast ben may make the pro-bowl this year (we all know brady will bow out).

:tt04: *note the sarcasm

fansince'76
11-23-2009, 12:39 AM
I WILL NOT...

Take a football game so seriously that it will affect any part of my life starting about 5 minutes after the game.

I WILL...

Sorry, you have to be miserable and bitch about it all week. Dem's the rules. :rulez:

tony hipchest
11-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh well. Maybe Ben will make the pro bowl with all the passing yardage he is racking up??maybe arians will finally land that coveted head coaching job. perhaps with the browns?

i wonder if it will come on the heels of a bill cowher endorsement after he quickly slams the door in their face.

didnt sucky chiefs fire chan gailey? the same guy cowher recommended to be our head coach?

maybe we can grab him to replace.... ah never mind.

ben loves arians, and i doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon.

I WILL NOT...

I WILL...

:drink: <<< (scotch and water on the rocks, hold the scotch, for preacher)

tony hipchest
11-23-2009, 12:44 AM
... let posts like these dissuade me from voicing my frustration. :coffee:

Sorry, you have to be miserable and bitch about it all week. Dem's the rules. :rulez:

MattsMe
11-23-2009, 12:45 AM

Bourbon for me, as I type. And great post by the way.

supa_fly_steeler
11-23-2009, 12:52 AM
nice post

Preacher
11-23-2009, 02:04 AM
maybe arians will finally land that coveted head coaching job. perhaps with the browns?

i wonder if it will come on the heels of a bill cowher endorsement after he quickly slams the door in their face.

didnt sucky chiefs fire chan gailey? the same guy cowher recommended to be our head coach?

maybe we can grab him to replace.... ah never mind.

ben loves arians, and i doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon.

Cheap bugger....

You could at least get me a pepsi! :chuckle:

Preacher
11-23-2009, 02:05 AM
... let posts like these dissuade me from voicing my frustration. :coffee:

And Tony, come on, you know that he isn't talking about you. You're usually very rational about wins and losses.

tony hipchest
11-23-2009, 03:16 PM
And Tony, come on, you know that he isn't talking about you. You're usually very rational about wins and losses.i know, but its just like last week. there were obvious holes that needed fixed and were very discussion worthy, yet by wednesday people were being told to get over it, sweep it under the rug and focus on the chiefs. screw that!

it was obvious arnold harrison was just a fall guy and scapegoat and the bringing up donovan woods was just a token gesture, yet it was almost treated like we activated a special teams savior. when actuall solutions and options were brought up it was as if noone wanted to discuss them.

i would just hope that every thread doent turn into a chorus complaining about the "bitchers and whiners" before the "bithers and whiners" being complained about, even appear in the thread.

with that being said...

I WILL NOT be able to bite my tongue the next time i see someone posting about the steelers special teams allowing a td in 8 straight games, calling our GM kevin colburn, or saying troy polamalu is a linebacker. :doh:

if people are gonna crawl out of the woodwork to trash the team, atleast get shit straight.

the steelers have allowed 8 returns (4 kicks/2 int/ 2 fumble recoveries), polamalu is a safety and its kevin freaking colbert. :banging: