PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor's Pick that was no pick

steel striker
11-22-2009, 07:09 PM
I thought that Ike made the pick and, should have been doen by contact. How come there was not a challege or booth review?:noidea:

Psyychoward86
11-22-2009, 07:10 PM
I thought that Ike made the pick and, should have been doen by contact. How come there was not a challege or booth review?:noidea:

beats me.

X-Terminator
11-22-2009, 07:10 PM

He never had full control of the ball - that's why there was no review.

GridironWarrior
11-22-2009, 07:12 PM
It was a great play by Ike. He had those great pass defense against the Bengals in the 1st match at the end of the game as well. Dude's been having a solid year.

Rick5895
11-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Great play by Ike, however when you fail to come up with a ball (no matter the cause) when you should have or could have, bad things happen right after, like Chambers running free through our D. Ike is having a pro bowl year, I for one am glad he is a Steeler.

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
ike taylor might as well have feet for hands for all the good they are....:doh:

SteelerFanInStl
11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
There was no review because he dropped it.

steelbad@50
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
ike taylor might as well have feet for hands for all the good they are....:doh:exactly. that why he is not a receiver

btaylor179
11-22-2009, 09:03 PM
i think Ike droppes more than he has ever intercepted.....he has got to learn to hold on to the ball.....shouldve never even gotten to that point....that pick Ben threw in the endzone was a 10 point swing.....unfrickenbelievable!!!!!!

Shea
11-22-2009, 09:18 PM
He's tried to learn how to hold onto the ball, to make picks. He's spent extra time after practices to work on the jugs machine and to improve his ability to catch the ball.

It's just something that's probably not going to happen for Ike. The guy just has horrible hands.

tony hipchest
11-22-2009, 09:40 PM
i thought it was an interception too. unfortunately that call woulda never been reversed under review.

we still operate under the same rules that say troys int in the 05 playoff game vs the colts wasnt complete.

and im not saying this is an anti steelers rule, it is an nfl rule that robs plenty of defenses, and even receivers of excellent, atheletic plays.

MACH1
11-22-2009, 09:49 PM
i thought it was an interception too. unfortunately that call woulda never been reversed under review.

we still operate under the same rules that say troys int in the 05 playoff game vs the colts wasnt complete.

and im not saying this is an anti steelers rule, it is an nfl rule that robs plenty of defenses, and even receivers of excellent, atheletic plays.

The same rule was applied to one of sweeds drop of a td? If I remember right.

CaliStillersFan
11-22-2009, 10:32 PM
It wasn't even close to be considered a pick and down by contact. Typical Ike "Stone Hands", great cover corner but HORRIBLE hands.

eafratitpm3
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
It wasn't even close to be considered a pick and down by contact. Typical Ike "Stone Hands", great cover corner but HORRIBLE hands.

Agree with your first quote, he has two bricks for hands. I don't agree that he is a great cover corner, I can't stand the way he talks shit when a receiver either drops the ball or it was overthrown and he thinks he did something. As for the INT that's what separates good defenses from mediocre defense, we had two chances at picks today and don't come away with either.

MattsMe
11-22-2009, 11:40 PM

There was no challenge or review because it was Ike Taylor. No one could possibly believe he might have caught the ball.

I'm not bashing the guy, I think he's a damn good corner. But I swear he dips his hands in vaseline before games.

Spidey
11-23-2009, 06:09 AM
He was more concerned with breaking his fall than just coralling the damn ball!

onefortheotherhand
11-23-2009, 06:21 AM
some of you are treating ike likes hes a receiver... ever think of why hes a CB? i mean he's big and fast as hell which is a good combo for a WR however his main problem is maybe that he has terrible hands.. so therefore hes a CB.