PDA

View Full Version : Drop in SB... & America's Game

meanfish
11-22-2009, 09:59 PM
If you don't have the "America's Game" Series (Steeler's ed. of course), that's put out by NFL Network ask your significant other or someone (or yourself) to get for you for Christmas. It's very entertaining and covers each of our SB wins with in-depth analysis from a few of the participants.

Anyway... I remember someone on the Monday after SB XLIII saying that Larry Fitz's first catch wasn't actually a catch. But I never saw much more about it, and nobody really made a stink about it 'cause of course we won. But when I watched the extra feature, which was the NFL Game of the Week broadcast, I looked for it. Sure enough, I'm not so sure that if it'd have been challenged, it'd have held up. The ball's rolling around in his hands as he goes down into the end zone and the ball gets pushed into his hands.

It's no big deal since we won, and at the time I'm sure nobody thought they could come back anyway... but take a look at it and see what you think. It's at about the 11:00 min. point in the program.