PDA

View Full Version : We Had WORSE Problems Last Year.... and Fixed Them

SteelerEmpire
11-22-2009, 10:36 PM
1-No running game
2-Ben was awful
3-The O-line sucked
4-We didn't have the M. Wallace option
5-Had THE HARDEST schedule in modern NFL history (according to the NFL)
6-We were inconsistent in our play and "barely " won several games

If you guys remember. Ben was not doing so well (according to a "lot " of Steeler Nation). He took over responsibility in games and "ham and egged " us into the playoffs (remember, the schedule was MUCH harder over the last 7 games).
Once we make it to the playoffs, Ben was a whole different player !! It was like he broke out a whole new strategy book !! .... if you remember....
I can go on..... We finished the Season 12-4... we already have 4 losses. Now just win the next 5 or 6 regular season games. Do WHATEVER we have to do to make it to the playoffs !!! WE KNOW WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES !!!!

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2009, 10:39 PM
1-No running game
2-Ben was awful
3-The O-line sucked
4-We didn't have the M. Wallace option
5-Had THE HARDEST schedule in modern NFL history (according to the NFL)
6-We were inconsistent in our play and "barely " won several games

If you guys remember. Ben was not doing so well (according to a "lot " of Steeler Nation). He took over responsibility in games and "ham and egged " us into the playoffs (remember, the schedule was MUCH harder over the last 7 games).
Once we make it to the playoffs, Ben was a whole different player !! It was like he broke out a whole new strategy book !! .... if you remember....
I can go on..... We finished the Season 12-4... we already have 4 losses. Now just win the next 5 or 6 regular season games. Do WHATEVER we have to do to make it to the playoffs !!! WE KNOW WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES !!!!
BUT.....they also didn't spot the other teams 7+ points every game and the D played the entire game instead of taking the 4th quarter off....:popcorn:

Fire Haley
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Wrong - we had a totally healthy defense that we could depend on to finish games.

4 losses when Troy's hurt, so far.

CaliStillersFan
11-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Biggest difference between this year and last is that last year we were finding ways to win the close ones, and this year we're finding new ways to lose the close ones.

MACH1
11-22-2009, 10:48 PM
They didn't lose to the teams they were supposed beat either.

SteelerEmpire
11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
We do have our share of problems this year also.... NOT THE SAME ONES.... But the fact remains that the TEAM FOUND A WAY TO SOLVE THEM..... The team and coaches has the "aptitude" to figure this out.... its proven. With that being said (and known).... I think our chances are great that they will turn it around. We DO have problem solvers in the coaching staff and on this team....

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM
This game really killed a lot of hope that I had. I hate to say that. It's just painful. Last season, we lost 4 games. But those games were all lost to playoff teams. How we lost to the Bears and the Chiefs is something I'll be pondering for years. The Bears are damn near incapable of scoring TDs. The Chiefs are usually the same way. Yet we lost to both of them.

I want to see us overcome this. I really, really do. Maybe next week we will. It would be sweet to see the real Steelers come back and stomp the crap out of Baltimore. But after today... I really don't know. I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch. If Ben isn't starting... I definitely won't watch. People can trash him for the INTs all they want, but other than maybe the Vikes game, he's THE reason we've won most of our games.

MasterOfPuppets
11-23-2009, 12:13 AM
This game really killed a lot of hope that I had. I hate to say that. It's just painful. Last season, we lost 4 games. But those games were all lost to playoff teams. How we lost to the Bears and the Chiefs is something I'll be pondering for years. The Bears are damn near incapable of scoring TDs. The Chiefs are usually the same way. Yet we lost to both of them.

I want to see us overcome this. I really, really do. Maybe next week we will. It would be sweet to see the real Steelers come back and stomp the crap out of Baltimore. But after today... I really don't know. I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch. If Ben isn't starting... I definitely won't watch. People can trash him for the INTs all they want, but other than maybe the Vikes game, he's THE reason we've won most of our games.

do you know the steelers are 1 - 10 when playing in chicago ?

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 01:18 AM
That may be true, but I really don't think that stats like those are as relevant as some people treat them. You're talking about a bunch of games that had nothing to do with the current Steelers regime.

BozMan
11-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Last year, the only teams that beat us were ones that made the playoffs. Of the 4 losses last year, only 2 of them were we completely outplayed (@Philly, @Ten). I doubt teams like Chicago and KC are going to make the playoffs this year.

Rick5895
11-23-2009, 06:44 AM
The D has struggled, but it's more than just Troy, Smith hasn't been there either. We have always had coverage problems, even with Troy. It was masked a bit last season because of our pass rush.
That al being said.......
We are not finishing properly, that is not just the D but the O isn't scoring enough either. Yesterday is a prime example, We had the ball almost 20 minutes more out gained them by 300 yards and only put up 24 points, 7 of which came on a short field because of a turnover. This Defense has saved our asses a lot,(especially last season) right now the O has to step up and score points to cover for some shortcomings that injured starters on D not being there leave us. They haven't except for the SD game. Until that happens and we put teams away offensively these horrible losses may just continue.

Fire Haley
11-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Without Troy, this is just not a playoff team. The defense sucks late in games, they have all year.

4 games with Troy hurt - 4 losses. There's your stat.