PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Scedule

Steel - X
01-24-2006, 03:57 PM
It was brought up in another thread and I thought I would Do some research.

Game Date Start Time Opponent Results TV
Sunday, September 11 10:00 am PT at Jacksonville L 26-14 FOX
Sunday, September 18 1:00 pm PT Atlanta W 21-18 FOX
Sunday, September 25 1:00 pm PT Arizona W 37-12 FOX
Sunday, October 2 10:00 am PT at Washington L 20-17 FOX
Sunday, October 9 10:00 am PT at St Louis W 37-31 FOX
Sunday, October 16 5:30 pm PT Houston W 42-10 ESPN
Sunday, October 23 1:00 pm PT Dallas W 13-10 FOX
Sunday, November 6 1:05 pm PT at Arizona W 33-19 FOX
Sunday, November 13 1:00 pm PT St Louis W 31-16 FOX
Sunday, November 20 1:05 pm PT at San Francisco W 27-25 FOX
Sunday, November 27 1:00 pm PT New York Giants W 24-21 FOX
Monday, December 5 6:00 pm PT at Philadelphia W 42-0 ABC
Sunday, December 11 1:00 pm PT San Francisco W 41-3 FOX
Sunday, December 18 10:00 am PT at Tennessee W 28-24 FOX
Saturday, December 24 1:00 pm PT Indianapolis W 28-13 CBS
Sunday, January 1 10:00 am PT at Green Bay L 23-17 FOX

So there wins were against the Following - ATL, ARIx2, STLx2, HOU, DAL, SFx2, NYG, PHI, TEN, IND

So there loss's were against the following - JAX, WAS, GB

Well everyone knows the NFC was not dominate this season but the 13 wins they had were against some really really poor opponets.

Not calling out the Seahags to come blast my post just throwing this out there for the viewers.

83-Steelers-43
01-24-2006, 04:01 PM
All I gotta say..........Wouldn't it be nice to play Arizona and San Francisco twice? lol.

Hawkswin
01-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Couple of points for clarification, though. The GB game was a gimme. Our 2nd and 3rd string was in for most of that game, and the loss was almost expected. We'd clinched home field and the game was meaningless.

The Washington game was really a turning point for this team that had cultivated a well deserved reputation for choking and a real confidence issue over the past years (okay decades). As a fan, I didn't feel so bad after that loss, even though it was an all too familiar one early in the season to go to 2-2. They came back late and pushed it to OT. If it weren't for an uncharacteristic missed FG by Brown, we'd have won. The Seahawks have never lacked for talent. It's all been team chemistry and mental toughness, and starting with that Washington game, those things began to come together.

Regarding the schedule. It's light, but in fairness, no one thought it would be as weak as it turned out. The Rams were running their 8th string QB due to injury. The Cardinals were expected to improved with Kurt Warner, and the 49'ers couldn't get worse... well, we didn't think they could. You can't pick your division, and the Seahawks did what they could.

The point is, yeah, the schedule is weak, but I wouldn't take too much comfort in that.

lotas
01-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah I was looking up some stats a month ago or so, and you know how they rate schedules in difficulty? Well obviously there are some teams that impress you and come out of no where that you can't account for at the beginning of the season in that figure, but take a shot at who had the lowest rating of difficulty in their schedules?

1.) Indianapolis - It was something like .414 I believe. While other teams (I believe Denver had the highest at .535) where up in the .5 range.

And #2? You guessed it, Seattle, also with .414.

Just a little tidbit, for the Hawks fans though-- You can also argue that it's not Seattle's fault they had an easy schedule, they never got a chance to prove themselves because of their schedule, so that doesn't mean if they would've played Indy in week 5 they wouldn't have won.

My rebuttle: I don't care. Here is your chance. You are going to play Pit-- let's see if that easy schedule was just your shortcut to SBXL or if you really are up to the challenge.

boLT fan
01-24-2006, 04:07 PM
You guys have the browns and ravens twice, what more do you want?

And another thing. The only other 3-4 defense the Seahawks played was against the Cowboys. In 58 minutes they only scored 3 points against it. But scored 10 in 2 minutes to win the game. In short, they aren't used to 3-4 and might struggle against it.

Hawkswin
01-24-2006, 04:09 PM
My rebuttle: I don't care. Here is your chance. You are going to play Pit-- let's see if that easy schedule was just your shortcut to SBXL or if you really are up to the challenge.LOL... that's my rebuttle, too. I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing about the Hawks' light schedule. The steelers are the favorites. Fine. Let's get this game started. I've got the pizza and the beer... let's get it on!

lotas
01-24-2006, 04:10 PM
You guys have the browns and ravens twice, what more do you want?

And another thing. The only other 3-4 defense the Seahawks played was against the Cowboys. In 58 minutes they only scored 3 points against it. But scored 10 in 2 minutes to win the game. In short, they aren't used to 3-4 and might struggle against it.
The Ravens are a hell of a team though, at least when they play Pit. I don't care what anyone says. Its a rivalry and they always come out physical and make it a good and tough game. I always hate playing the Ravens, I'm the same with Cinnci, regardless of what year it is, what their record is, and if they did good last year or what not, I hate playing those two teams.

lotas
01-24-2006, 04:13 PM
LOL... that's my rebuttle, too. I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing about the Hawks' light schedule. The steelers are the favorites. Fine. Let's get this game started. I've got the pizza and the beer... let's get it on!
Yeah, I actually live in WA so I am the only Pit fan I know, kind of ironic to be up here in this situation. But yeah I hate ignorance so I try to look at the arguement from both sides, and I could see how the schedule thing could be frustrating to you, just like when people talk bad about Bettis or Ben I get frustrated.

I just hope it will be a good, entertaining superbowl, not like the Giants/Ravens one or whatever lol.

Also living in WA, if Seattle were to win, I would basically be made fun of and laughed at until I move out of state. At least the actual city of Pittsburgh guys could all mourn together, I'm on my own :)

seahawksfan
01-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah I was looking up some stats a month ago or so, and you know how they rate schedules in difficulty? Well obviously there are some teams that impress you and come out of no where that you can't account for at the beginning of the season in that figure, but take a shot at who had the lowest rating of difficulty in their schedules?

1.) Indianapolis - It was something like .414 I believe. While other teams (I believe Denver had the highest at .535) where up in the .5 range.

And #2? You guessed it, Seattle, also with .414.

Just a little tidbit, for the Hawks fans though-- You can also argue that it's not Seattle's fault they had an easy schedule, they never got a chance to prove themselves because of their schedule, so that doesn't mean if they would've played Indy in week 5 they wouldn't have won.

My rebuttle: I don't care. Here is your chance. You are going to play Pit-- let's see if that easy schedule was just your shortcut to SBXL or if you really are up to the challenge.

Well, the Steelers lost games that they ought to have won and got hot towards the end of the season. Props on this and the way they plowed through the playoffs. The Seahawks wo the games thhey were supposed to win. Now, we have the best team playing against the hottest team. Should be a great game.

Livinginthe past
01-24-2006, 04:20 PM
In some ways I think its tough on the Seahawks to have had a relatively weak schedule - its builds confidence but the team remains untested against true high quality opposition.

It certainly isn't the Hawks fault that the NFC is weaker by some distance - the Eagles have been the dominant force there for a while and they were totally owned by the Patriots last year (yes I know it was a 3 point win, but the Eagles didnt really ever have a sniff of it at any stage)

NM

lotas
01-24-2006, 04:22 PM
In some ways I think its tough on the Seahawks to have had a relatively weak schedule - its builds confidence but the team remains untested against true high quality opposition.

It certainly isn't the Hawks fault that the NFC is weaker by some distance - the Eagles have been the dominant force there for a while and they were totally owned by the Patriots last year (yes I know it was a 3 point win, but the Eagles didnt really ever have a sniff of it at any stage)

NM
Haha funny that came up...Yeah I gotta agree...someone mentioned the Superbowl last year and I automatically thought, "Oh the one where the Eagles got owned by NE" (and personally I hate NE for obvious reasons lol) but I just read the other day it was only a 3point win, I was like what?!

tony hipchest
01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
looking at their schedule (and throwing out the green bay game which the steelers wouldve won with their 2nd and 3rd stringers) the seahawks have scored 13, 14, 17, 20, 21 as their lowest scores. every other game is 24 pts on up. so they did beat some weak teams but beat them convincingly. they beat the opponents they should. but keep them around 20 pts and below and they are more likely to lose. and steelers have kept great opponents under 20 points and their offense has been proven against really good defenses the last 2 years in which they were 8-0 against the nfc.

NMHawkFan
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
All Seahawk fans have heard the "strength of schedule" ordeal for the past few weeks. Seattle's first year was in the NFC. The NFL tossed us into the AFC West since there were not enough teams in that division. Over the years we created some great rivalries with Oakland, Denver, SD and KC and I miss going to some of those rivalry games. When the NFL did the realignment and tossed us back into the NFC, Seattle had no choice about it. Sure the 49ers and Cards and Rams had horrible records this year but what was Seattle supposed to do about it??? We played them and beat them convincingly (except for the 49er game in SF). The only thing that matters is the fact that the Steelers are by far the best team in the AFC and Seattle has earned the title as the best in the NFC....now it's time to see who is the best in the NFL.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

clevestinks
01-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Throw out the records Boys, and burn the stats! Its one game, 60 minutes! Winner take all! Nothing else matter!

2900DegreeHawk
01-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Throw out the records Boys, and burn the stats! Its one game, 60 minutes! Winner take all! Nothing else matter!

So what are we supposed to do for the next 2 weeks???????

Brady12
01-24-2006, 05:56 PM
This was like my post about the Jags... Back in Wildcard Weekend. I think Seattle is better than credited.

tony hipchest
01-24-2006, 05:59 PM
thats why the seahawks are one of the teams i pull for in the nfc. i think they got jobbed being ripped away from the afc and their rivalries, but should be glad now cause that move may have been the one move to potentially get them to a sb win. i think the cheifs, broncos, or chargers, all couldve been top 4 playoff teams in the nfc this year. (not to take away from seattles accomplishments, ive liked them more than the 3 afcwest teams for several years). but it has helped being removed from their division

Mr. Clean
01-24-2006, 06:10 PM
When the realignment was doen before 2002, to allow for Houston to rejoin the NFL, somebody had to go to the NFC, whether it was Houston or someone else.

The NFC always was screwed up geographically. Arizona in the East, Carolina and Atlanta in the West, all to let the Cowboys be in the NFC East. By the way, the Cowboys being in the NFC East was at least part of the reason Pittsburgh went to the AFc in 1970. Pittsburgh had long rivalries with Philadelphia, Washington and the New York Giants, but gave them up to continue to play Cleveland, and begin to play Cincinnati.

Seattle kinda got stuck. For waht it's worth, the Seahawks did not choose their schedule, but at the same time it ended up being weak and Seahawk fans are going to hear about it.
I don't think beating Washington (a wild card) and a tired, injured Carolina team (another wild card) at home is as much of an accomplishment as the Steelers beating three division champions on the road.

Now, Seattle has to make the long trip. Detroit is less than an hour flying from Pittsburgh and the Yunzer Nation will find a way to get its collective hands on a majority of tickets.

As for the Steelers schedule - the Browns stink - that's a given, but the Ratbirds never lay down against the Steelers. Also, playing New England, San Diego, Indy, Cincy twice and Chicago - six games against five division champs, wasn't easy.

SunDevilSteeler
01-24-2006, 06:11 PM
This is my first post on this website. I though ya'll might enjoy hearing about Steeler fans out here in the desert.

We have a bar north of Phoenix called Harold Cave Creek Corral. It was started by a guy from Pittsburgh back in the '80's after he graduated from ASU. He has a whole section of Western PA food specialties like the Strip District Sandwich (like a Permante Brother's with the fries on top}, pizza balls, Iron City on tap and in the aluminum bottles and lots of other stuff. It's a giant Country Western place and it's real rustic. Cowboy boots nailed to the ceiling, wagon wheels and it's real popular with the upscale biker crowd. My wife and I stop by there occassionally on our way back from the Lake. It's a real taste of home.

So last weekend, for the Bronco's game, they anticipate a big crowd. They put up a tent behind the bar, even though the bar holds 600+. End result? 2000 people show up to cheer for the Black and Gold. People from as far away as California come to this joint to watch the game. They think that they'll have to put up two tents to handle the 2000-4000 folks they expect to show up on the 5th.

Finally, I have close friends in the ticket biz. I've sold SB tix for years and I'm blown away by this year's demand. The prices are higher this year than ever. With the Steeler drive-in crowd and the Big Money from Seattle competing for tix, it's over $2k just to get in Ford Field and $5-7k for anything in the lower levels.

And personally, I'm glad that we will be wearing White.

Koopa
01-24-2006, 06:29 PM
the win against the giants almost shouldn't count, the could've lost that game three times. the win against the cowboys agian if they had a kicker the cowboys would've came out on top. and the win against indy doesn't count cause the seahawks were playing pretty much practice squad players and they were doing their best to get shawn touchdowns. and the loss to green bay don't count cause they didn't really play after shawn got his touchdown to break the record

and if they didn't beat the cards, rams, 9ers, texans, and titans they should've been banned from the league

drizze99
01-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Seahawks' road to Super Bowl XL

Sept. 11 at Jacksonville - L: 14-26
Jaguars force four turnovers and hand the Seahawks their biggest loss of the season.

Sept. 18 vs. Atlanta - W: 21-18
Shaun Alexander rushes for 144 yards and scores the first of his record 28 touchdowns.

Sept. 25 vs. Arizona - W: 37-12
Alexander rushes for four touchdowns, two in a 30-second span.

Oct. 2 at Washington - L: 17-20
Redskins kicker Nick Novak, who had never attempted an NFL field goal, hits 39-yarder in overtime.

Oct. 9 at St Louis - W: 37-31
Joe Jurevicius catches career-best nine passes for 137 yards and a touchdown.

Oct. 16 vs. Houston - W: 42-10
Seahawks set a franchise record with 320 yards rushing: Alexander has 141, and backup Maurice Morris has 104.

Oct. 23 vs. Dallas - W: 13-10
Josh Brown kicks game-winning 50-yard field goal as time expires in regulation.

Nov. 6 at Arizona - W: 33-19
Alexander rushes for 173 yards on 23 carries, including touchdown runs of 88 and 14 yards.

Nov. 13 vs. St Louis - W: 31-16
Alexander rushes for 165 yards and three touchdowns.

Nov. 20 at San Francisco - W: 27-25
The Seahawks produce 16 yards and no first downs in the fourth quarter.

Nov. 27 vs. N.Y. Giants - W: 24-21
Giants kicker Jay Feely is wide left on a 40-yarder on the final play of regulation, short on a 54-yard try in overtime, and wide right and short on a second chance in overtime from 45 yards.

Dec. 5 at Philadelphia - W: 42-0
Defense scores two touchdowns — a 72-yard interception return by Andre Dyson and a 38-yarder by rookie Lofa Tatupu.

Dec. 11 vs. San Francisco - W: 41-3
Seahawks win a franchise-record ninth consecutive game.

Dec. 18 at Tennessee - W: 28-24
Matt Hasselbeck throws three touchdown passes as the club clinches a first-round bye.

Dec. 24 vs. Indianapolis - W: 28-13 [No Indy Starters]
Alexander scores three touchdowns.

Jan. 1 at Green Bay - L: 17-23 [No Seachicken starters]
Eleven-game winning streak snapped.

Source: USAToday.com

SalukiSteelers
01-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Hey, the 'Hawks beat the teams they played and that's all they could do. Did they play some crap teams? Sure they did but so did Pittsburgh and everybody else, including the gawdawful Texans. Plus, I'm a believer that you never have to defend wins so who cares about how tough or easy the 'Hawks schedule was. All that matters is that the team Pittsburgh is playing looks pretty damn good right now and it's no sure thing that the Steelers win this one...but boy am I hoping.

Seahawk76
01-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, the Seahawks were a mediocre 0-0 against teams they didn't play this year. That proves they're overrated.

Like Bill Parcells says: you are what your record says you are. And the Seahawks are a 15-3 team that hasn't lost a game in four months other than a meaningless one against Green Bay where the starters were rested. It seems like it's become a regular cottage industry, though, for Seahawks opponents to consult tea leaves, Magic 8-Balls, and Psychic Hotlines to tell us what the Seahawks' record really should be and which games they should and shouldn't have won. We heard it from the Skins fans, the Panthers fans, and now the Steelers fans. Different day, same tune.

SalukiSteelers
01-24-2006, 07:05 PM
We heard it from the Skins fans, the Panthers fans, and now the Steelers fans. Different day, same tune.

Same tune, different teams. You can't tell me that you don't think this is the toughest game on the schedule, the game being the SB aside. Both the Panthers and the 'Skins were flawed and injured teams. The 'Hawks are playing a solid team in the Steelers that's just as hot as them, now, and I'm sure that if fans of either team looked at the other team they'd find plenty of reasons to be a little nervous...or c.o.c.k.y.

Sorry about the anagram but if you try to type out ****y that's what it looks like.

Seahawk76
01-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Same tune, different teams. You can't tell me that you don't think this is the toughest game on the schedule, the game being the SB aside. Both the Panthers and the 'Skins were flawed and injured teams. The 'Hawks are playing a solid team in the Steelers that's just as hot as them, now, and I'm sure that if fans of either team looked at the other team they'd find plenty of reasons to be a little nervous...or c.o.c.k.y.

Sorry about the anagram but if you try to type out ****y that's what it looks like.

I'm quite sure that the Steelers will be the best team the Seahawks have played this year. That's kind of the point of the game and why they call it the Super Bowl instead of the Pretty Good Bowl. This isn't the BCS where computer geeks and numbnut media types determine who gets to play for the championship. If that was the case the Colts would have gotten a bye into the game. Both teams are in the game because they earned their way into it.

tony hipchest
01-24-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm quite sure that the Steelers will be the best team the Seahawks have played this year. That's kind of the point of the game and why they call it the Super Bowl instead of the Pretty Good Bowl. This isn't the BCS where computer geeks and numbnut media types determine who gets to play for the championship. If that was the case the Colts would have gotten a bye into the game. Both teams are in the game because they earned their way into it. both teams are worthy opponents of eachother. both teams flew under the radar and beat the big dogs when it counted. steelers are only favored because the steelerfans probably outnumber seahawk fans 3:1 and are throwing tons of money at the steelers on the books.

ZornToLargent
01-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Now, Seattle has to make the long trip. Detroit is less than an hour flying from Pittsburgh...
That's not really an issue with the Super Bowl because both teams get in town a week before the game. It's not like a regular season or playoff game where the team flies in the day before the game. Both teams will have a week in Detroit before the game to adjust and prepare.

seahawksfan
01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm quite sure that the Steelers will be the best team the Seahawks have played this year. That's kind of the point of the game and why they call it the Super Bowl instead of the Pretty Good Bowl. This isn't the BCS where computer geeks and numbnut media types determine who gets to play for the championship. If that was the case the Colts would have gotten a bye into the game. Both teams are in the game because they earned their way into it.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Hawkfan
01-25-2006, 04:35 PM
It was brought up in another thread and I thought I would Do some research.

Game Date Start Time Opponent Results TV
Sunday, September 11 10:00 am PT at Jacksonville L 26-14 FOX
Sunday, September 18 1:00 pm PT Atlanta W 21-18 FOX
Sunday, September 25 1:00 pm PT Arizona W 37-12 FOX
Sunday, October 2 10:00 am PT at Washington L 20-17 FOX
Sunday, October 9 10:00 am PT at St Louis W 37-31 FOX
Sunday, October 16 5:30 pm PT Houston W 42-10 ESPN
Sunday, October 23 1:00 pm PT Dallas W 13-10 FOX
Sunday, November 6 1:05 pm PT at Arizona W 33-19 FOX
Sunday, November 13 1:00 pm PT St Louis W 31-16 FOX
Sunday, November 20 1:05 pm PT at San Francisco W 27-25 FOX
Sunday, November 27 1:00 pm PT New York Giants W 24-21 FOX
Monday, December 5 6:00 pm PT at Philadelphia W 42-0 ABC
Sunday, December 11 1:00 pm PT San Francisco W 41-3 FOX
Sunday, December 18 10:00 am PT at Tennessee W 28-24 FOX
Saturday, December 24 1:00 pm PT Indianapolis W 28-13 CBS
Sunday, January 1 10:00 am PT at Green Bay L 23-17 FOX

So there wins were against the Following - ATL, ARIx2, STLx2, HOU, DAL, SFx2, NYG, PHI, TEN, IND

So there loss's were against the following - JAX, WAS, GB

Well everyone knows the NFC was not dominate this season but the 13 wins they had were against some really really poor opponets.

Not calling out the Seahags to come blast my post just throwing this out there for the viewers.

Just wanted to wish you guys luck. I thought I might also offer up an opinion on this post. But first a quick question. Have you ever played competitive D-1 or pro sports? The reason I ask is because I have, and anybody can beat any body on any particular day. take for instance UW where I played football. We were ranked 12th in the country, and we played The Idaho Vandals and lost big. My point is these are the best football players in the world, with the best coaches in the world. I'm talking about the NFL (AFC & NFC) no matter how you slice it. So when you say we had a weak schedule your wrong.