PDA

View Full Version : if big ben is out against the ravens..

onefortheotherhand
11-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Then who do we have behind him?

Charlie Batch has been in the league since 98'. he's 6th on the lions list for career passing yards, has thrown 57 TDs and 44 INT's. he's not great..but hes not bad either. he's not gonna cost us the game with poor decision making but he won't win it either.

The only other QB we have is Dennis Dixon, who we drafted in the 5th round I think. we havn't really seen much of him at all since he's been drafted, in the preseason he showed some good running ability and a nice arm, but then again that was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. if he woulda played all of his senior season at Oregon instead of injuring his ACL he would have been in the Heisman voting.

Who do we go with? im guessing tomlin will stick with batch but maybe put dixon in a few plays, and see what the kid can do?

XxKnightxX
11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Batch enough said, forget the stats, hes won games as a back up in Pittsburgh.

Rick5895
11-23-2009, 06:33 AM
With the playoffs at stake we would have to go with Batch. However, make use of Dixon as well as a change of pace. I don't think the Ratbirds will have Suggs, and the pass D there seems to be worse than ours.

Steelers>NFL
11-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Ravens know Ben will hold onto the ball. Batch does not. Might be a good change against the Ravens.

HometownGal
11-23-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm praying with all my might that Ben is able to play against the Rats, as I just don't feel comfortable with Batch back there for an entire game. :horror: If it comes down to Batch v. Dixon, it would be a draw for me simply because Dixon doesn't have much regular season experience. Whoever they decide to put under center I will support 100%, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-23-2009, 07:27 AM
I trust Batch more than some person called Dennis Dixon...:wink02: I wouldn't mind putting Dixon in there for a few plays, though.:tt05:

Jaquila
11-23-2009, 08:28 AM
BATCH!! he won games for us before and he sure can do it again, no question for me there

steelballs
11-23-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm praying with all my might that Ben is able to play against the Rats, as I just don't feel comfortable with Batch back there for an entire game. :horror: If it comes down to Batch v. Dixon, it would be a draw for me simply because Dixon doesn't have much regular season experience. Whoever they decide to put under center I will support 100%, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. :chuckle:

I hope your prayers are answered, but I wouldn't hold my breath. This is Ben's 4th concussion and I'm sure they'll be careful with him coming back. Batch will probably get the start and I'd be very surprised if Dennis sees much action.

The Steelers will need to protect the ball against the rats as they will be looking for turnovers. The rat offense has been sputtering as of late and if we protect the ball and at least hold the fort on ST's we can win with Batch. If we continue to struggle on ST's and ball protection, it could be real close.

Steelers>NFL
11-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I hope your prayers are answered, but I wouldn't hold my breath. This is Ben's 4th concussion and I'm sure they'll be careful with him coming back. Batch will probably get the start and I'd be very surprised if Dennis sees much action.

The Steelers will need to protect the ball against the rats as they will be looking for turnovers. The rat offense has been sputtering as of late and if we protect the ball and at least hold the fort on ST's we can win with Batch. If we continue to struggle on ST's and ball protection, it could be real close.
Win or lose, the game will be real close.
Steelers just do not have in them to put teams away. :mad:

Vincent
11-23-2009, 08:58 AM
If it were me, I'd be "iffy" on Ben and let the rats wonder. Then Play Charley and Dennis.

Now, if we had real coaches :couch: we'd come up with a bunch of stuff the rats haven't seen and prepared for utilizing Charley and Dennis. Why not?

Ben would benefit from watching the game. Might reorient his mentality to being the $100M franchise QB he's being paid to be.

Kahle66
11-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Well it looks like Dixon is going to be the QB if Ben cant go...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4682002

SteelerFanInCA
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM
That's not good news on Batch. Looks like we might get our first glimpse of Dixon.

jev7452
11-23-2009, 10:05 AM
well they are still not even officially saying that ben did suffer from a concussion and i think that means the steelers are gonna try and have him in the game sunday.... not that i dont want to see what dixon can offer, but not against the ravens in sunday night football and the hell hole itself..

madtowndrunkard
11-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Ben just got his bell rung. He'll play next week.

If he didn't I think there would be a serious back lash against Ben in our locker room. Our season would be down the tubes because he got his bell rung. Every other player on that team has played through concussions. It's part of the game.

If Leftwich is available we better jump on him now.

klick81
11-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow, so obviously calling Lefty is not a real option. Do we really put our money on Dixon?

HAWK
11-23-2009, 10:17 AM
And our next game had to be against the Ravens.....

MACH1
11-23-2009, 10:19 AM
If Dixon plays we're screwed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-23-2009, 10:20 AM
If Ben is out, I say we play Dixon and go for the best possible draft position next spring. :noidea:

Or, maybe we can trust the coaches to coach up the team to be an offensive juggernaut behind Dixon, since they should get credit they deserve. Lets just face it.........this team depends SOOOO much on Ben's right arm and the last 2 weeks prove that.

Kvnfaber
11-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Ben just got his bell rung. He'll play next week.

If he didn't I think there would be a serious back lash against Ben in our locker room. Our season would be down the tubes because he got his bell rung. Every other player on that team has played through concussions. It's part of the game.

If Leftwich is available we better jump on him now.

If its a concussion, it's his fourth. There is NO WAY they should rush him back. We are looking at long term health concerns now.

Jmat
11-23-2009, 10:57 AM
It's Dennis Dixon time!

Crow-Magnon
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
If its a concussion, it's his fourth. There is NO WAY they should rush him back. We are looking at long term health concerns now.

This year's NFL is taking a long, hard look at concussions. Look at Westbrook. Ben might swear he'll play, Tomlin and Arians might want him to play, but if he's not medically cleared, he still may not play.

Yeah, I know the Steelers are playing next week, and a Ben-less (and now Batch-less) Steelers offense might be a big help for the Ravens, but I wish Roethlisberger no ill will. But concussions, especially multiple ones, are not to be played around with.

iloveben7
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Ben's life is more important than a football game, if you like it or not

steelreserve
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
I really don't worry too much about Dixon if he has to play. We can win a game with him. Maybe we couldn't make a Super Bowl run with him, but that's not what we're trying to do here, just win a game.

Did Leftwich get cut by the Bucs, or just demoted? Because if he was available, I'd sure as hell rather sign him to be the temporary backup over anyone else. Especially since we're talking about signing Garcia, who has never played for us and doesn't know the offense.

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
NFL.com said the Steelers might be reaching out to Cleo Lemon. Yep, it's gotten THAT bad, folks.

Regardless though, I hope Ben is okay, even if he can't play. I hate the Ravens and I hate losing to them, but I'd rather lose the next 20 games to them than have Ben be messed up for life.

7SteelGal43
11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I heard on the radio a bit earlier today Ben WILL go against the Ravens. He's apparently good to go. WOOT :tt03:

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I hope so. But I also hope they're not risking his health (well, any more than they do regularly, considering how terrible the O-Line has been playing).

Ravnet
11-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I really hope that Ben plays.

Considering that our season is over, winning a game against a Dixon-led Pittsburgh will be absolutely meaningless, whereas a win over a (mostly) healthy Steelers team would be a nice consolation.

Angus Burgher
11-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I really hope that Ben plays.

Considering that our season is over, winning a game against a Dixon-led Pittsburgh will be absolutely meaningless, whereas a win over a (mostly) healthy Steelers team would be a nice consolation.

Too bad you're not going to win, either way. :wink02: