PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed, Embarassed, Humiliated & Betrayed

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I am so angry over yesterdays loss that I am hanging up my terrible towel for a bit. I am boycotting all games until they get it together!!!!!!!!!
I will not watch any games on TV, go out to the sports bar, or even watch any sports coverage or highlights.

I'd like to add Steeler Nation showed up in great numbers at Arrowhead...at least 50/50...And our boys couldn't do a better job for all of their fans that came out in huge numbers to support them????? I'd never seen so many terrible towels at an away game.

I'm sorry....I am so fed up right now.

X-Terminator
11-23-2009, 10:34 AM
*sighs*

No comment...

Christian Snyder
11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
I hear the Saints are 10-0 right now.....Just kidding... I agree, that loss yesterday was pathetic.

KeiselPower99
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Indy is undefeated. Losses happen. Aint no time to get down on our team. Its time to rally the troops and finish this thing on a good note!!!!

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey I ain't jumping on anyones bandwagon. I should be allowed to vent my frustrations just like anyone else here without being told "You're not a real fan"
I am a real fan because I expect more from them than that crap they played yesterday. I LOVE MY STEELERS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE NFL...IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THEY PLAY LIKE IT???????

(besides..I can't jump on another teams bandwagon..I have a Steelers tat :o)

Christian Snyder
11-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey I ain't jumping on anyones bandwagon. I should be allowed to vent my frustrations just like anyone else here without being told "You're not a real fan"
I am a real fan because I expect more from them than that crap they played yesterday. I LOVE MY STEELERS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE NFL...IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THEY PLAY LIKE IT???????

(besides..I can't jump on another teams bandwagon..I have a Steelers tat :o)
I was joking.... You just seemed to be overreacting.

Jmat
11-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I am so angry over yesterdays loss that I am hanging up my terrible towel for a bit. I am boycotting all games until they get it together!!!!!!!!!
I will not watch any games on TV, go out to the sports bar, or even watch any sports coverage or highlights.

I'd like to add Steeler Nation showed up in great numbers at Arrowhead...at least 50/50...And our boys couldn't do a better job for all of their fans that came out in huge numbers to support them????? I'd never seen so many terrible towels at an away game.

Boycotting all games?

Overreact much?

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Its time to rally the troops and finish this thing on a good note!!!!

Yeah...and I think The Steelers need to rally theirs................

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Boycotting all games?

Overreact much?

Apparently...you weren't there.........

SteelerEmpire
11-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Apparently...you weren't there.........
Yea... I was planning on going to that game as well..... now I'm glad I didn't..... But I did hear that Chiefs fans really let the Steeler fans have it.... KC is known to be hostile territory.....

Dino 6 Rings
11-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Yea... I was planning on going to that game as well..... now I'm glad I didn't..... But I did hear that Chiefs fans really let the Steeler fans have it.... KC is known to be hostile territory.....

They tried to but quickly realized...they were actually out numbered at home...so they shut up pretty quick...

I started yelling back "sell out a home game" because of all the empty seats...pathetic showing by their fans.

even more pathetic showing by our ENTIRE team.

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 11:03 AM

Yeah you have no idea...I posted our story in blast furnace...
Do you know they have a public service announcment they make on the big screen about being polite and curteous to opposing team fans that the run about six times before and during the game????? I've never heard anything like that before....It was an absolute horrible experience.

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I started yelling back "sell out a home game" because of all the empty seats...pathetic showing by their fans.

even more pathetic showing by our ENTIRE team.

:applaudit:

Texasteel
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Disappointed, Embarassed, Humiliated & Betrayed

I felt like this once when I was 17. She was 38.

LVSteelersfan
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Sorry, but there is nothing else this time of year for me but Steelers football. Good or bad, I stand by them and watch every game to the very end. We are in the wild card slot right now. I realize this team is not playing up to their potential every week. But this is the NFL. We lost one of our Olinemen. Ben got hit because of it which forced that INT in the end zone. It is the NFL. This stuff happens especially on the road. I am more concerned about losing at home last week than I am about this loss. Cinci lost too. Not all is lost. I am keeping the faith no matter what despite what all the gloom and doomers are saying.

MattsMe
11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Disappointed, Embarassed, Humiliated & Betrayed

I felt like this once when I was 17. She was 38.

:sofunny: Best post yet.

The_WARDen
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM

C-ya!

:wave:

Inkerman
11-23-2009, 12:54 PM
I was really P'd Off I couldn't see this game live on cable, but judging by your post match analysis I guess it was just as well!!

Forgive my lack of knowledgeable prediction, but are the chances of the playoffs for the Steelers still looking good?

Question: In what way are the Chiefs fans known for hostility?

Edman
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Geez, we lost a game.

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM

I wasted $300.00 in tickets and Travel expenses for the Chiefs game. It was a long 9 hour drive home.

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I was really P'd Off I couldn't see this game live on cable, but judging by your post match analysis I guess it was just as well!!

Forgive my lack of knowledgeable prediction, but are the chances of the playoffs for the Steelers still looking good?

Question: In what way are the Chiefs fans known for hostility?

I was there and I didn't see one Chiefs fan acting hostily.

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 01:39 PM

I'm not surprised that some people will act like this. This is bandwagon 101. When the going gets tough lets boycott the team? Are you kidding me? Times like this and after a loss like this makes you want to cheer even harder! Don't sissy out now just because we lost a friggin game! Be a fan of your team, gear up, and even buy an extra Terrible Towel! Don't hang it up or whatever your going to do. If anything, this is the time to RALLY!!!!! Yes the loss sucks but your showing your TRUE colors if you boycott them now. The real fans STAY no matter what.

Oh yeah, BTW: We're still 6-4! The season isn't even NEAR to be over. This makes me sick to watch these so-called fans trip like this after one loss. Suck it up and rally behind "your boys."

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm not surprised that some people will act like this. This is bandwagon 101. When the going gets tough lets boycott the team? Are you kidding me? Times like this and after a loss like this makes you want to cheer even harder! Don't sissy out now just because we lost a friggin game! Be a fan of your team, gear up, and even buy an extra Terrible Towel! Don't hang it up or whatever your going to do. If anything, this is the time to RALLY!!!!! Yes the loss sucks but your showing your TRUE colors if you boycott them now. The real fans STAY no matter what.

Oh yeah, BTW: We're still 6-4! The season isn't even NEAR to be over. This makes me sick to watch these so-called fans trip like this after one loss. Suck it up and rally behind "your boys."

Give her a break. We all need to vent. It was a terrible loss and this team, other than against Minnesota and Denver, has not played well this season.

We're 6-4, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that we have an easy game against anyone this season...including Cleveland and Oakland. They could very easily beat us.

SteelC7
11-23-2009, 01:47 PM
i agree with steelduck...im done for awhile, and dont u dare call me a fairweather fan, its not bandwagon leaping, if i were a bandwagon jumper, i woulda jumped on someone elses team, but i didnt, i still love the steelers, i wont be watching other football either. i love my steelers more than anything, but im sick of the way they play it sickens me, so yes im hangin up the towel and the jerseys, and i wont be watching the next couple of games

fansince'76
11-23-2009, 01:59 PM
i agree with steelduck...im done for awhile, and dont u dare call me a fairweather fan, its not bandwagon leaping, if i were a bandwagon jumper, i woulda jumped on someone elses team, but i didnt, i still love the steelers, i wont be watching other football either. i love my steelers more than anything, but im sick of the way they play it sickens me, so yes im hangin up the towel and the jerseys, and i wont be watching the next couple of games

Have a :cookie:

St33lersguy
11-23-2009, 02:00 PM

I am doing the same thing. I am tired of this bulls***. Life is toooo short to waste on the waste of time this team has become. I'll watch when I know that they actually want to WIN games.

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 02:03 PM

This is seriously as pathetic as it gets and this actually embarrassed me that "the best fans in the world" are actually coming to an agreement with this! I hate to break it to you, PAL, but you are the definition of fair weather!

I've sat through MANY pathetic seasons from my Pittsburgh Steelers, including the 98 season, 99 season, 2000 season, 2003 season, and 2006 season. Those were TOUGH years to sit through, nonetheless ALL those Championship losses, 2 in which I was present. But you know what? I was STILL buying tickets and gearing up for a battle each and every week. I love this team and will NO WAY NO HOW abandoned them. Hell, according to your logic, you were NO WHERE TO BE found in those seasons. Please re-consider and actually read your blabbing before you post and not want to be called a fair weather fans, posts like this make us look like Cleveland, Cinci, or Seahag fans!

The_WARDen
11-23-2009, 02:06 PM

:wave: fairweather fan!

The_WARDen
11-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I am doing the same thing. I am tired of this bulls***. Life is toooo short to waste on the waste of time this team has become. I'll watch when I know that they actually want to WIN games.

:wave: Man, there's more room on the bandwagon by the minute...

I think I'll even stretch my legs out!

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Another thing,, it's so EASY to sniff out the fakes, the pretenders compared to the real deal, and sadly this is beginning to happen. All I know is, if you jump off now, don't be coming back with your tags still on your jersey's when we win # 7 in Miami! Go root for the Pens and maybe by that time the Steelers land a playoff spot, to which I expect all these people who are jumping off the bridge to come back, towels waving.:banging::banging::banging::banging:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I can actually tolerate fans who are just disgusted with the way our team is playing. Thats fine. Go ahead...I see their point.

I will take a busload of those fans who are straight up about their emotions...then ONE of the black and gold Trolls that lurk in here trying to convince people that they are "enlightened" as to the real reason that the Steelers are struggling...and feel that they should be benevolent enough to share this wisdom with the rest of us in the form of the 700th "______ sucks" thread

Give me genuine dissapointment over contrived arrogance anyday!!!

Fans like Steel Duck are just venting and love their team enough that it REALLY bothers them when we play under our potential...they will be back when they get over the hurt. The others are just football-illiterate idiots trying to compensate for their lack of knowledge with hate threads and need to go away for good.

The_WARDen
11-23-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't...I see them as frauds.

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 02:16 PM
I can actually tolerate fans who are just disgusted with the way our team is playing. Thats fine. Go ahead...I see their point.

I will take a busload of those fans who are straight up about their emotions...then ONE of the black and gold Trolls that lurk in here trying to convince people that they are "enlightened" as to the real reason that the Steelers are struggling...and feel that they should be benevolent enough to share this wisdom with the rest of us in the form of the 700th "______ sucks" thread

I agree with this, 100%. But what you just said is completley irrelevant to what this thread is about and deserves its own thread. But this is NOT dissapointment going on here, LLT.

But "boycotting" the team is just as worse compared to those fans, IMO. Steelers fans are so quick to panic it isn't even funny, and that will NOT change. People have such short memories and forgot that we just won our 2nd Super Bowl in 4 years. Judging by their comments, and since we NEVER went 16-0, they probably haven't watched a full Steelers season as of yet and doesn't know to NEVER give up on this team. THEY JUST MIGHT SURPRISE YOU. When the going gets tough, you find out who's the real deal in the fanbase.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM

Congratulations.

:cookie::checkit:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I agree with this, 100%. But what you just said is completley irrelevant to what this thread is about and deserves its own thread. But this is NOT dissapointment going on here, LLT.

But "boycotting" the team is just as worse compared to those fans, IMO. Steelers fans are so quick to panic it isn't even funny, and that will NOT change. People have such short memories and forgot that we just won our 2nd Super Bowl in 4 years. Judging by their comments, and since we NEVER went 16-0, they probably haven't watched a full Steelers season as of yet and doesn't know to NEVER give up on this team. THEY JUST MIGHT SURPRISE YOU. When the going gets tough, you find out who's the real deal in the fanbase.

What I am saying is that you are just seeing a short emotional outburst. They will be back this week acknowledging it as such. No harm..no foul. The equivelent of pissing your significant other off and her leaving for a couple of hours. She still loves you...she might say things she doesnt mean...and she will be back.

fansince'76
11-23-2009, 02:22 PM
The others are just football-illiterate idiots trying to compensate for their lack of knowledge with hate threads and need to go away for good.

Ya mean Polamalu ain't a linebacker? :jawdrop:

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-23-2009, 02:25 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Perfect example!!!! I was wondering if anyone saw that yesterday or not!!!!!

PRICELESS!!!!!

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 02:27 PM
What I am saying is that you are just seeing a short emotional outburst. They will be back this week acknowledging it as such. No harm..no foul. The equivelent of pissing your significant other off and her leaving for a couple of hours. She still loves you...she might say things she doesnt mean...and she will be back.

I understand what your saying but that STILL doesn't get a free pass, to me anyway when someone posts garbage like this. I guess I just look at things differently. It's wonderful to tell it like it is and make it known that the Steelers did indeed stink it up ad have major problems to fix, but to even think about hanging up the Terrible Towel and boycott and not watch the next game, A BIG GAME AT THAT! then that just doesn't roll with me. :tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I wasted $300.00 in tickets and Travel expenses for the Chiefs game. It was a long 9 hour drive home.

Yeah I feel the same..shorter drive for us...only 3 hours, but $700.00 on tickets.

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Give her a break. We all need to vent. .

THANK YOU! I mean if I can't vent here...where can I vent????? :noidea:

SteelCityMom
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Boycotting the team and the game cause the Steelers lost???

Some of you must not be old enough (or must have been 9ers or Cowboys fans) to remember the heartbreak that Kordell, Maddox and Tomczak used to dish out lol.

I hate to break it to you fairweathers, but they're NOT going to win every game and they ARE going to have down seasons. They're NOT going to win the Superbowl every year and the ARE going to miss the playoffs from time to time. Suck it up and get over it, or go be a Colts fan.

Steel Duck
Seeing as you're disappointed, embarrassed, humiliated and betrayed and you plan on boycotting all games, you could always commit suicide and show everyone just how upset you really are. That would teach the Steelers.
I mean that's what a real fan would do.

You are an idiot! But I don't think I need to point that out...I think you just did...

lamberts-lost-tooth
I understand what your saying but that STILL doesn't get a free pass, to me anyway when someone posts garbage like this. I guess I just look at things differently. It's wonderful to tell it like it is and make it known that the Steelers did indeed stink it up ad have major problems to fix, but to even think about hanging up the Terrible Towel and boycott and not watch the next game, A BIG GAME AT THAT! then that just doesn't roll with me. :tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

I understand what you are saying...but I would rather have those fans (who come back and say..."yea I was pissed and said some things that I didnt mean"...) then the Trolls.

Like I said...its just an emotional response...just words. When they post later in the week and laugh at themselves...I laugh with them and understand that their emotions run deep. It might not be the way that we respond to a loss and it might not even be appropriate by your and my standard...but their is no denying the level of hurt..which can only be attributed to someone who feels strongly about something.

The B&G Trolls on the other hand are just shallow mud-puddles of irrelevant misinformation and insecure bravado.

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Boycotting the team and the game cause the Steelers lost???

Some of you must not be old enough (or must have been 9ers or Cowboys fans) to remember the heartbreak that Kordell, Maddox and Tomczak used to dish out lol.

I hate to break it to you fairweathers, but they're NOT going to win every game and they ARE going to have down seasons. They're NOT going to win the Superbowl every year and the ARE going to miss the playoffs from time to time. Suck it up and get over it, or go be a Colts fan.

Point blank is that everyone is so quick to pump their fists when they are winning and claim themselves fans and giggle when they win, but the moment they lose a game like this, which we've been known for, then off comes the jersey, up goes the towel, and out comes the quit... until playoffs role around of course, then back comes the jersey's, the towels, and they'd rally again. They can't hold a candle to fans who are not only "disappointed", but never quit no matter what the circumstance.

0-16, 2-14, or 7-9, I'm right there till the bitter end and I will forever be grateful to witness the 2 Super Bowl victories in this past decade, as well as all those W's, Division Championships, and history before hand!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Point blank is that everyone is so quick to pump their fists when they are winning and claim themselves fans and giggle when they win, but the moment they lose a game like this, which we've been known for, then off comes the jersey, up goes the towel, and out comes the quit... until playoffs role around of course, then back comes the jersey's, the towels, and they'd rally again. They can't hold a candle to fans who are not only "disappointed", but never quit no matter what the circumstance.

0-16, 2-14, or 7-9, I'm right there till the bitter end and I will forever be grateful to witness the 2 Super Bowl victories in this past decade!

Completely agree...I just think that some of the fans who you are throwing into that category just get pissed and say some things they dont mean. At the end of the day when the emotions simmer down...They still bleed black and gold.

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Completely agree...I just think that some of the fans who you are throwing into that category just get pissed and say some things they dont mean. At the end of the day when the emotions simmer down...They still bleed black and gold.

Thank you. I'm glad some people like you on this board understand this.

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Another thing,, it's so EASY to sniff out the fakes, the pretenders compared to the real deal, and sadly this is beginning to happen. All I know is, if you jump off now, don't be coming back with your tags still on your jersey's when we win # 7 in Miami! Go root for the Pens and maybe by that time the Steelers land a playoff spot, to which I expect all these people who are jumping off the bridge to come back, towels waving.:banging::banging::banging::banging:

JUST WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHO IS A REAL FAN??????? I GAVE UP A HONEYMOON IN A SADALS RESORT TO SPEND IT IN PITTSBURGH JUST SO I COULD GO TO A HOME GAME??????????? HOW MANY WOMAN DO YOU KNOW WOULD DO THAT...AND IT WAS MY IDEA!

I ALSO DON'T KNOW MANY FAIRWEATHER FANS WHO HAVE A STEELERS TATOO!!!!!!!!!!

JUST BECAUSE I AM BOYCOTTING A FEW GAMES DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE JUMPED ANYWHERE! THEY ARE NOT PLAYING AT THEIR FULL POTENTIAL...ARE YOU ACTUALLY GOING TO DISAGREE WITH THAT?

What happened yesterday was a horrible experience....the loss...the taunting from the chief fans....it was beyond anything I could ever imagine. I can take a loss when there is an actual effort to win..........I DID NOT SEE THAT EFFORT.

50% of the people there were swinging the terrible towel and supporting our team in what I now know is very hostile territory...and they couldn't even play well for us.

tony hipchest
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
i agree with steelduck...im done for awhile, and dont u dare call me a fairweather fan, its not bandwagon leaping, if i were a bandwagon jumper, i woulda jumped on someone elses team, but i didnt, i still love the steelers, i wont be watching other football either.fine.

but dont you EVER call yourself a die-hard fan, because you certainly arent that. :nono:

in the meantime as a "die hard" football fan, i will watch the game tonight and tune in to the games on thursday, and be thankful while doing so. plan on catching the steelers/chiefs replay too.

fairweather fan defined. :wave:

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM

Fans like Steel Duck are just venting and love their team enough that it REALLY bothers them when we play under our potential...they will be back when they get over the hurt. The others are just football-illiterate idiots trying to compensate for their lack of knowledge with hate threads and need to go away for good.

I love you so much right now for "getting me"!!!!!!!! :hug:
I wish I could have voiced my frustrations in a way that wouldn't have offended so many of my steeler buddies!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 02:59 PM

StainlessStill...what you fail to realize is that I need time to lick my wounds....Steelers football IS NOT just a game to me. It is our way of life and we LIVE for this! So, when we have a loss such as with the chiefs it hits me in a way it might not hit others. It was litterally heartbreaking! I MEAN I FREAKEN CRIED! Yeah, maybe it is just football..but to me it's so much more than that.

When we lost to the Bangels on the 15th..I was upset BUT we were outplayed...The effort from the Steelers was still there...So, I can take a loss that way...

Here in Kansas, it's just a tougher loss for us. Because we live in Chief territory it makes the loss all that much worse.

If you can't understand where I'm coming from then I'm sorry.

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM
JUST WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHO IS A REAL FAN??????? I GAVE UP A HONEYMOON IN A SADALS RESORT TO SPEND IT IN PITTSBURGH JUST SO I COULD GO TO A HOME GAME??????????? HOW MANY WOMAN DO YOU KNOW WOULD DO THAT...AND IT WAS MY IDEA!

JUST BECAUSE I AM BOYCOTTING A FEW GAMES DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE JUMPED ANYWHERE! THEY ARE NOT PLAYING AT THEIR FULL POTENTIAL...ARE YOU ACTUALLY GOING TO DISAGREE WITH THAT?

What happened yesterday was a horrible experience....the loss...the taunting from the chief fans....it was beyond anything I could ever imagine. I can take a loss when there is an actual effort to win..........I DID NOT SEE THAT EFFORT.

50% of the people there were swinging the terrible towel and supporting our team in what I now know is very hostile territory...and they couldn't even play well for us.

Don't get so upset with the Fan Police. The Steelers aren't playing worth a squat and anyone who chooses to ignore that and call people like you "non fans" are not watching this team objectively. If you weren't a "True Fan", you wouldn't be upset over the loss and you wouldn't be here venting. Some people think a true fan just says "Oh shucks...we'll get em next time" and waves their Terrible Towell like nothing ever happened. I don't agree with that. True Fans get emotional, sometimes say things out of emotion, even threaten to do things they know they won't do...like not watch any more....but in the end....they are right back in front of the television cheering the team on.

BTW...you skipped a Honeymoon for a Steelers Game....you are awesome!

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 03:01 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!
:tt: :tt02: :tt04:

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Don't get so upset with the Fan Police. The Steelers aren't playing worth a squat and anyone who chooses to ignore that and call people like you "non fans" are not watching this team objectively. If you weren't a "True Fan", you wouldn't be upset over the loss and you wouldn't be here venting. Some people think a true fan just says "Oh shucks...we'll get em next time" and waves their Terrible Towell like nothing ever happened. I don't agree with that. True Fans get emotional, sometimes say things out of emotion, even threaten to do things they know they won't do...like not watch any more....but in the end....they are right back in front of the television cheering the team on.

BTW...you skipped a Honeymoon for a Steelers Game....you are awesome!

Thank you so much for understanding EXACTLY where I'm coming from...and my husband doesn't believe I won't be watching the Steelers/Ravens game either LOL

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 03:10 PM

It really isn't TOO hard to know what a true fan is. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you what so ever because you fail miserably in the argument judging by this quote alone :

#1 No, I don't disagree, and if you read any of my posts, I'd be the first one to tell you we aren't playing to our full potential and yesterday was indeed pathetic. Doesn't mean you need to stop watching and cheering!

# 2 Step in line. We all went through it yesterday or one time or another in an opposing stadium. You must go in there knowing there's a chance of losing. It isn't the end of the world or our playoff hopes. This just goes to show that your football intelligence just doesn't make sense. It's the game of football, I've played the game and at any level, it's the same concept. EACH team has the same 50/50 chance of winning. We made mistakes, period. It's apart of it and we will continue to so don't watch another game if you think we're going to win 60-0 every game.

#3 They didn't show you anything? If you did watch the game, you'd clearly understand that we dominated ALL game and were up 17-7 at one point. We made mistakes and we ended up losing because of it, PERIOD. No reason to boycott them, if anything you should want to come back harder this week and scream and cheer as hard as ever, but sometime tells me you don't know how to do that, judging by your post. As far as the loss, you know, give credit to Kansas City for doing what we couldn't do!

I respect your opinion and understand you talk out of frustration, but it's the extend of what your saying. Read it more and more and I guarantee you that you'd feel ashamed if you are truly a TRUE Steelers fan. PROVE ME WRONG! (Please)

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Thank you so much for understanding EXACTLY where I'm coming from...and my husband doesn't believe I won't be watching the Steelers/Ravens game either LOL

No problem. I've been a fan of this team for 33 years. It bothers me when I see people try to dictate how to be a fan as if they wrote the manual on what a True Fan is.

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
StainlessStill...

I will no longer be responding to you at all...

Have a nice day!

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 03:22 PM
StainlessStill...

I will no longer be responding to you at all...

Have a nice day!

To you as well.:tt02:

AllD
11-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I am already discounting the rest of the season. The team is just not the same without #43. What a waste that one play for the extra point turned out to be. Internally, the players probably know his true status and are playing to its level.

In addition, the OL was doing great for a stretch of games, but the unbalanced attack leaves BB at greater risk of being pounded. Especially when play calling becomes so predictable.

Now when you run block, the OL moves forward and acts more aggressively giving it an advantage. When you pass block you fade back to protect the QB, but are in a more vulnerable defensive position. Superstars like #43 can read and anticipate those subtlties, but the point is running the ball more than we have been gives the OL and BB better protection. However, you have to be more creative when doing so instead of run, run, pass everytime.

With BB going down, a loss to the rats will finish the season. Batch, as much of a presence in the locker room that he is, should move towards coaching because his body cannot hold up to the pounding anymore. Lefty should have been patient and remained on the roster.

This might be the hiccup season where the NFC wins the Bowl.

It is almost like my dog died.

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I am already discounting the rest of the season. The team is just not the same without #43. What a waste that one play for the extra point turned out to be. Internally, the players probably know his true status and are playing to its level.

In addition, the OL was doing great for a stretch of games, but the unbalanced attack leaves BB at greater risk of being pounded. Especially when play calling becomes so predictable.

Now when you run block, the OL moves forward and acts more aggressively giving it an advantage. When you pass block you fade back to protect the QB, but are in a more vulnerable defensive position. Superstars like #43 can read and anticipate those subtlties, but the point is running the ball more than we have been gives the OL and BB better protection. However, you have to be more creative when doing so instead of run, run, pass everytime.

With BB going down, a loss to the rats will finish the season. Batch, as much of a presence in the locker room that he is, should move towards coaching because his body cannot hold up to the pounding anymore. Lefty should have been patient and remained on the roster.

This might be the hiccup season where the NFC wins the Bowl.

It is almost like my dog died.

So you're saying his wrist is catching up to Batch with age? The same can happen to Adrian Peterson or ANY young guy as of right now when dealing with wrists, ankles, or ribs. It's not that his body can't take it, but it got hit and it busted, he's human, and shit happens. It's unfortunate if anything because Batch has proven to be a solid backup for us and he will be missed.

Another thing, we're 6-4, all is not lost. Hang in there! If anyone can do it, it's us got get back in this thing!

SteelersMomma
11-23-2009, 03:31 PM
I think everyone has to just calm down. We've had a hard few weeks and its only gotten worse with BB and Batch being out. Lashing out at each other isn't going to solve anything but make you feel worse. It was disappointing that they are not playing to their full potential at the end of the game but thats football for you. Every week a team either has a good or a bad game. Sometimes it takes longer for one team to recover fully from a loss or numerous losses. As a fan our job is to still support them even during hard times. Not point fingers at each other of who's a fan and who's not or saying someone needs to be fired. Everyone struggles and the past few weeks the steelers have been.
I personally believe we will pull through with these hard times and win ourselves a spot in the playoffs.

DoubleSh0t
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm very disappointed in the loss, however, I'm still convinced this team has the talent and the drive to win it all again. They're just not firing on all cylinders right now. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the whole organization just isn't meshing right now. But that doesn't mean that we suck. All it takes is for everyone to get on the same page again and we could very well win out from here. It's not impossible. Tomlin is very good at what he does and he can fix this. :tt02:

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm very disappointed in the loss, however, I'm still convinced this team has the talent and the drive to win it all again. They're just not firing on all cylinders right now. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the whole organization just isn't meshing right now. But that doesn't mean that we suck. All it takes is for everyone to get on the same page again and we could very well win out from here. It's not impossible. Tomlin is very good at what he does and he can fix this. :tt02:

All of our problems are self inflicted at this moment. We HAVE shown signs of dominance this season and if we can get out of our own way, then look out NFL. This CAN be fixed. It's all about catching hot at the right time, and if we can somehow get it together, we will be a force heading towards January. Staring with this next game. A lot of teams are peaking too early, and I like how the Steelers play when they are up against a wall.

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes, I think everyone should calm down too....myself incuded.
I came here to vent..I certainly didn't intend to offend or piss anyone off. I should have given more thought to expressing myself more carefully. I apologize.

StainlessStill
11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I came here to vent..I certainly didn't intend to offend or piss anyone off. I should have given more thought to expressing myself more carefully. I apologize.

Haha, relax, sweetie. We are all hostile in one way, shape or form and there really is NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE! In the end we are all in this thing together and that's how I see it, even if I do see some disappointing posts! This happens and should be expected. We'll be back, trust me.

SteelersMomma
11-23-2009, 03:42 PM

hey everyone needs to vent. It's apart of human nature. I just think some things got taken a little out of context. :hug:

Steel Duck
11-23-2009, 03:47 PM
hey everyone needs to vent. It's apart of human nature. I just think some things got taken a little out of context. :hug:

:heart: :hug: :heart:

BuckeyeSteel
11-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Like Steel Duck, I was disappointed, embarassed, humiliated, & betrayed. But football season goes by so fast; so come Sunday I will be in front of the tv waving my towel, cheering, and hoping for a win.

HometownGal
11-24-2009, 06:06 AM

And Tomlinson isn't our HC? :jawdrop: :laughing:

Personally, I feel this is a bit of an overreaction. Sure we're all disappointed in the outcomes of the last 2 games (in particular) and though I love my Steelers as much as any other fan, my life doesn't revolve around them or the Pens. You obviously weren't around for the abysmal 1969 season which turned out to be the catalyst to our dominance in the 70's. The mid to late 80's were nothing to shake a stick at either, but we diehards stuck by them knowing it would get better because with the Rooneys at the helm - adversity doesn't last very long. Not many franchises out there who can say they've been division champions at least twice or more in each of the last four decades.

Bandwagons are for FWF's and losers, Steel Duck, and I've never viewed you in that light. Just as in life, we are entitled to nothing and there are no guarantees. Instead of turning your back on this team because they are in a bit of a funk this season, wash the disappointment of the last 2 games off that :tt02:, get behind your team and be proud to be a Steelers fan, win or lose. I feel blessed to be a fan of the greatest franchise in the history of the game. :thumbsup: Just think - you could have been raised a Lions or Browns fan. :horror: :wink: :hug:

The_WARDen
11-24-2009, 06:45 AM
for those of you not watching anymore games or whatever, Detroit Lions' and Cleveland Browns' fans also think that you're frauds.

Kaeg
11-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Man. If I posted shortly after each loss, I would definitely have a lot of negative posts. :mad: My strategy to avoid that is to avoid posting at all after a loss for a couple days. :chuckle: Otherwise, a lot of people around here would hate me. :toofunny: If you guys would hear me at home during a bad game..........Well, let's just say I'm really glad I give myself a cooling off period.

steelballs
11-24-2009, 07:01 AM
If there's ever been ONE attribute you could always rely on about Steeler fans.... it's their undying loyalty.
This thread makes me sick...

Am I pissed about the recent play...yes.
Am I pissed that we've underachieved (IMHO) so far this year...yes.
Am I a realist that realizes that you don't win em' all...yes.
Have I been to the top of the mountain and also to the depths of despair with this team since the 70's...yes.
Have I been critical of their effort sometimes...yes.
Have I EVER wavered in my support of this team overall...HELL NO!

I understand fans frustration, but to bail on your team and cast your support aside is foreign to me. I'm sure I'm one of the older folks on this board and I'll probably take some crap over my steadfastness, but I think the majority of Steeler fans feel this way and I can't understand "spectator of the moment" fans.

Texasteel
11-24-2009, 07:17 AM
I think this is a case of overreaction and giving into emotions. I will give you good odds when Sunday comes she will be watching or listening to the game.

The one that bothers me is the guy that said he will be back when they are ready to WIN. That is not a fan of any kind.

arge5809
11-24-2009, 09:20 AM

Maybe Tomlin should get dome "Duck" tape .. it might help? :noidea:

arge5809
11-24-2009, 09:22 AM
There seems to be alot of pot stirrers in this forum.....

:tt03:

ARKIESTEEL
11-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I was at the game and over all other than the score I had a great time. I got to meet new fans from other places, had a great tailgate, and to me that is Steelers football. Was I upset about the outcome of the game, sure I was, but hey we are still 6 and 4 and the Bengals lost too so hey its not the biggest foul in the world. We are a banged up team right now that needs to get a few things pulled together.

Now is the time that we need to pull together. Its also times like this that I think the cream will raise to the top both on the field and off. If a loss like this makes a few fans decide that they dont want to be fans anymore then so be it. I wont judge anyone, its not my place.

I am very excited right now, I think we can beat the ravens and then after that I get to take another football trip to Pittsburgh for the Raiders game. To me life is good right now.

BlastFurnace
11-24-2009, 09:35 AM
I think this is a case of overreaction and giving into emotions. I will give you good odds when Sunday comes she will be watching or listening to the game.

The one that bothers me is the guy that said he will be back when they are ready to WIN. That is not a fan of any kind.

I agree. Some people are more emotional than others and say things after a big game loss out of frustration. People who criticize these fans need to understand that and give them some slack. Telling them that they are not true fans because some fans can't stand to hear any kind of criticism of the team do nothing but throw gasoline onto the fire.

In either case, this is a message board and unless the attacks get personal, I don't understand why some people get so bent out of shape if someone comes here to vent. For the most part, many of us don't have friends or family that gives a rats behind about sports...so this is the one place we can go to discuss, vent, debate with people who do.

Anyone who is a fan of the team had to have been pissed off after the game.

7SteelGal43
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Sorry Duck, your original post gives every indication you're not a real fan.

BlastFurnace
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Sorry Duck, your original post gives every indication you're not a real fan.

Not true. It just doesn't fit your description of what a fan is.

SteelersMomma
11-24-2009, 12:45 PM
hey everyone the fights already happened on this thread. I understand that you are upset but other people already put the same things you did. Please don't fuel the fire anymore then it already was. I think its time to leave this thread alone.

Steel Duck
11-24-2009, 12:48 PM
This "arguement" of what a real fan has already happened on this thread and has been defused. I do not wish to repeat it...
I AM ASKING THE MODS TO DELETE THIS THREAD

T.Richardson
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Not true. It just doesn't fit your description of what a fan is.

boycotting a game is a true fan? I mean seriously? Real fans support there team. Now, im not going to judge Duck, but i feel like abandoning your team means you will abandon them when they have consecutive losing seasons...that is a definition of a bandwagon fan.

Steel Duck
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Request to delete the thread has been sent in.

SteelersMomma
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
boycotting a game is a true fan? I mean seriously? Real fans support there team. Now, im not going to judge Duck, but i feel like abandoning your team means you will abandon them when they have consecutive losing seasons...that is a definition of a bandwagon fan.

Richardson this has already been discussed in the thread. Please do not put more fuel on the fire especially when its not necessary. This issue has already been resolved within the thread.

good I'm glad you did. I have a feeling if you don't that people will just continue to bring it up. I don't see this thread going away on its own. :hug:

fansince'76
11-24-2009, 01:01 PM

I won't delete it, as some folks get angry about taking hits to their post counts, but I will close it.