PDA

View Full Version : Where is Chidi?

Hayeksheroes
11-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Remember when the steelers had a real sp ace in Chidi? Now, we got steffan logan running down to make tackles like Jeff Reed.

Quick fix: Replace logan with CB or safety.
Replace Reed with Sepulveda. Reed can't seem to kick the ball to the back of then endzone. That is a problem.
STAY IN YOUR LANES!

supa_fly_steeler
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Ask Dallas to release Buehler, he's fast, hes got the biggest leg i seen, he also played linebacker.

this problem can be fixed. we just have to try get him lol.. until then im afriad imo were ****ed.

tony hipchest
11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
chidi??? that was like 3 years ago! we got rid of anthony madison and appearantly didnt even give it second thought when he was released by the browns 3 weeks ago.

are you really suggesting we cut the nfl's 3rd leading KO return man (trailing only j. cribbs and d. sproles) for some scrub off the street?

:dang:

MasterOfPuppets
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
chidi??? that was like 3 years ago! we got rid of anthony madison and appearantly didnt even give it second thought when he was released by the browns 3 weeks ago.

are you really suggesting we cut the nfl's 3rd leading KO return man (trailing only j. cribbs and d. sproles) for some scrub off the street?

i wouldn't suggest that, but i would suggest removing him from kickoff coverage duties, along with sweed and anyone else who have probably never practiced tackling in thier entire football carrears. losing games for fear of a possable injury is just ridiculous. :mad:

BlastFurnace
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM

LOL...I think we could sign 11 guys off the street and let them play ST and we might get better results.

Worst ST in the history of the Steelers. Easily.

fansince'76
11-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Bring back A.R.E.! :thmbup:

:chuckle:

jjpro11
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
i don't know why some of you are hating on Logan so much.. he had a few nice returns yesterday, one was called back. we are 7th in the league in kick returns. if we knew how to block on returns, he would have scored by now.

Hayeksheroes
11-23-2009, 03:23 PM

Steffan Logan is doing a good job on kick returns. But I haven't seen Jeff Reed or him make a tackle on special teams kick offs.

tony hipchest
11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Steffan Logan is doing a good job on kick returns. But I haven't seen Jeff Reed or him make a tackle on special teams kick offs.tackling is not their specialty. we have 9 other guys on coverage (such as lb's and db's) whose it is.

Psyychoward86
11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Steffan Logan is doing a good job on kick returns. But I haven't seen Jeff Reed or him make a tackle on special teams kick offs.

Reed is expected to attempt to tackle if the ballcarrier comes at him, but we have 10 other guys that are supposed to be in on it before him. If we have to rely on our kicker to cover his own kickoffs, we have bigger problems than having a kicker with mediocre tackling skill. It's easy to point the finger at Skippy, but you have to look deeper than that

HawaiianSixRings
11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Reed is expected to attempt to tackle if the ballcarrier comes at him, but we have 10 other guys that are supposed to be in on it before him. If we have to rely on our kicker to cover his own kickoffs, we have bigger problems than having a kicker with mediocre tackling skill. It's easy to point the finger at Skippy, but you have to look deeper than that

Thank God Big Ben didn't have the same attitude, otherwise, we would of never won the 5th Super Bowl.

Contrary to popular belief, this is football and Jeff Reed wears shoulder pads just like everyone else. He should use them.

solardave
11-23-2009, 05:17 PM

I like Logan on returns but it would be nice to be able to replace him(not cut him) on the coverage team. Sad thing is he's to little to tackle the bigger return guys but he's around the ball.He's got heart, I'll say that for him.

fansince'76
11-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Thank God Big Ben didn't have the same attitude, otherwise, we would of never won the 5th Super Bowl.

Contrary to popular belief, this is football and Jeff Reed wears shoulder pads just like everyone else. He should use them.

Same goes for the other 10 guys who aren't making the tackle before Reed becomes the last defender on a return. Psyychoward86's right - Reed's tackling (in)ability is the least of our worries on KO coverages.

Christian Snyder
11-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I've never heard of Chidi?????? :noidea: Then again.... If he played for us 3 years ago, I was 10 years old when he played for the Steelers.. So, it doesn't suprise me that I don't remember him.

supa_fly_steeler
11-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Id prefer to have Wallace on returns, did people forget the crazy stuff he pulled at ole miss on returns, didn't he set school records?

SPEED

smurof
11-24-2009, 02:25 AM
No way you cut Logan, but I could see him being replaced on coverage units by a defensive player.

Also anyone see the game tonight??

2-R.Bironas kicks 67 yards from TEN 30 to HST 3. 11-A.Davis to HST 40 for 37 yards (2-R.Bironas)

Bironas made a beautiful tackle. I'm not saying count on your kicker to tackle, but I sure would have rather heard Tomlin say " Hell yes Reed needs to make a better attempt at that play, I expect if he gets the chance again he will do better. We are ALL accountable " better than "I'm not going to discuss the play of Reed"

Gnutella
11-24-2009, 03:07 AM
Worst ST in the history of the Steelers. Easily.

Wrong.

The 2001 special teams were a total joke. At least Jeff Reed can kick the ball between the uprights, and Daniel Sepulveda can punt the ball inside the opponent's 20-yard line. Our coverage units in 2001 were equally bad, but we had Kris Brown converting 68% of his FGs and 92% of his XPs, and Josh Miller punting 50-yarders followed by 20-yarders.

Galax Steeler
11-24-2009, 03:48 AM

Logan did make a nice tackle on Sproles when we played the Chargers.:wink02: